|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Father's will, his estate was divided into _____________shares.
2. When did Father become a naturalized British citizen?
3. How many people were with the tour group that Adeline and Bob traveled with to Hong Kong and China?
4. What was the name of the maid that Aunt Baba fired in Chapter 20?
(a) Ah Song.
(b) Ah Mah.
(c) Ah Wui.
(d) Ah Yee.
5. How much money was Aunt Baba given to live on?
(a) 20 yuan.
(b) 25 yuan.
(c) 15 yuan.
(d) 10 yuan.
6. When Adeline was at Tsan Yuk, how much more were the male doctors paid than the female doctors?
(a) 30 percent.
(b) 15 percent.
(c) 25 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
7. When were some of Adeline's more idealistic contemporaries asked to leave Britain?
8. When was Roger born?
(a) April 15, 1966.
(b) September 23, 1966.
(c) June 8, 1966.
(d) May 12, 1966.
9. When did Adeline leave England and return to Hong Kong?
10. After Adeline's graduation and internship, where did she spend two years working and studying for post-graduate degrees?
11. What time would Father summon his chauffeur to drive him to the club at Stanley?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 7 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
12. What hours did taxi-drivers, hair-dressers, waitresses, nurses, telephone operators, and others work a day for meager wages?
13. On what floor was Niang's flat?
14. Why did Niang need surgery?
(a) Breast cancer.
(b) Liver cancer.
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) Colon cancer.
15. How much of Niang's estate did Adleine receive?
(b) 5 percent.
(c) 15 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Byron born?
2. What did the earthquake register on the Richter Scale that shook Tangshan in 1976?
3. When Aunt Baba was transferred to the bank branch near the Cathay Cinema, how many tram stops was she from her home?
4. Where did Bob and Adeline move when they married?
5. When did the Communist government launch the sister movements, The Antis and Five Antis?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)