|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of Niang's estate did Adleine receive?
(a) 15 percent.
(b) 5 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
2. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to San Francisco?
3. Where did James have to live in Hong Kong before Gregory came back?
(a) A small apartment with six roommates.
(c) A youth hostel.
(d) With Father and Niang.
4. How many people were with the tour group that Adeline and Bob traveled with to Hong Kong and China?
5. Who was excluded from Father's seventieth birthday celebration party in Hong Kong?
6. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
(a) University of Taiwan.
(c) University of Hong Kong.
(d) New York.
7. When did Adeline leave England and return to Hong Kong?
8. When did Adeline visit her Aunt Baba for the last time?
9. What type of vehicle did Adeline buy so she could see Byron on weekends?
10. Where did Bob Mah teach?
(c) California State.
11. Mrs. Hsu was from ______________.
12. What time would Father summon his chauffeur to drive him to the club at Stanley?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
13. How much of Niang's estate did Gregory and Edgar receive?
(a) 40 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 30 percent.
14. When Adeline was at Tsan Yuk, how much more were the male doctors paid than the female doctors?
(a) 30 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 20 percent.
(d) 15 percent.
15. Where did Father want Adeline to work at Hong Kong University?
(a) Obstetrics and Gynecology.
(b) Pediatrics and Adolescent medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Niang when she and Father came for a medical consultation in America?
2. When all Chinese industries and businesses were nationalized, what did deserving owners receive for their businesses for ten years?
3. When was Grand Aunt forced to resign from all her duties at the Women's Bank?
4. When did Father move his enamelware factory to Nigeria?
5. What game did Aunt Baba and her friend switch to when mah-jong became illegal?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)