|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many families shared the home where Aunt Baba lived when Adeline and Bob visited?
2. Where did Bob Mah teach?
(c) California State.
3. Where was Byron's restaurant located?
(b) Huntington Beach.
(c) Costa Mesa.
(d) Newport Beach.
4. Where did Father want Adeline to work at Hong Kong University?
(c) Pediatrics and Adolescent medicine.
(d) Obstetrics and Gynecology.
5. When did Father move his enamelware factory to Nigeria?
6. What hours did taxi-drivers, hair-dressers, waitresses, nurses, telephone operators, and others work a day for meager wages?
7. When did Adeline first meet Robert Mah?
8. Why did Niang need surgery?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Colon cancer.
(c) Liver cancer.
(d) Breast cancer.
9. When all Chinese industries and businesses were nationalized, what did deserving owners receive for their businesses for ten years?
(a) 35 percent of the net worth.
(b) 7 percent of the net worth.
(c) 10 percent of the net worth.
(d) 5 percent of the net worth.
10. What type of vehicle did Adeline buy so she could see Byron on weekends?
11. After Byron tore up the house and left it a mess, what time did he return?
(a) 6 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
12. How many children did Bob Mah's parents have?
13. When was Roger born?
(a) June 8, 1966.
(b) May 12, 1966.
(c) September 23, 1966.
(d) April 15, 1966.
14. How many of Bob's brothers enlisted during World War II?
15. What was the name of the maid that Aunt Baba fired in Chapter 20?
(a) Ah Mah.
(b) Ah Song.
(c) Ah Wui.
(d) Ah Yee.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Martin Ching's parents emigrate to America?
2. Where did Tai-ling attend college?
3. What percent of the population in Hong Kong in the 1960s were Chinese?
4. Why was Bob's brother Earl rejected by the army?
5. When did Adeline finish her residency in Chapter 18?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)