|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Communist government launch the sister movements, The Antis and Five Antis?
2. What was H. H. Tien studying?
(c) Applied mathematics.
3. What was the name of the maid that Aunt Baba fired in Chapter 20?
(a) Ah Yee.
(b) Ah Song.
(c) Ah Wui.
(d) Ah Mah.
4. When was Roger born?
(a) April 15, 1966.
(b) June 8, 1966.
(c) May 12, 1966.
(d) September 23, 1966.
5. What time would Father summon his chauffeur to drive him to the club at Stanley?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
6. When did Father move his enamelware factory to Nigeria?
7. How much did Adeline and Bob pay of Father's medical bills in America?
(a) About $70,000.
(b) Around $50,000.
8. When did Niang die?
9. When Adeline was at Tsan Yuk, how much more were the male doctors paid than the female doctors?
(a) 15 percent.
(b) 30 percent.
(c) 25 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
10. Where did Bob Mah teach?
(b) California State.
11. How much of Niang's estate did Adleine receive?
(a) 5 percent.
(c) 15 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
12. What did Adeline receive as a wedding present from her father and Niang?
13. Who was excluded from Father's seventieth birthday celebration party in Hong Kong?
14. What type of vehicle did Adeline buy so she could see Byron on weekends?
15. How many children did Bob Mah's parents have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What hours did taxi-drivers, hair-dressers, waitresses, nurses, telephone operators, and others work a day for meager wages?
2. When did Martin Ching's parents emigrate to America?
3. Where was H. H. Tien studying in London?
4. Where did James have to live in Hong Kong before Gregory came back?
5. How much did Adeline receive a month during her obstetrics residency?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)