|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were with the tour group that Adeline and Bob traveled with to Hong Kong and China?
2. When did Adeline begin her internship at St. Mary's Hospital?
(a) March 1, 1965.
(b) April 1, 1965.
(c) July 1, 1965.
(d) May 1, 1965.
3. How many of Bob's brothers enlisted during World War II?
4. How much did Adeline and Bob pay of Father's medical bills in America?
(a) Around $50,000.
(b) About $70,000.
5. Where was Byron born?
(a) Hunan Province.
(b) Sichuan Province.
(c) Shaanxi Province.
(d) Jiangsu Province.
6. Where was H. H. Tien studying in London?
(a) West Thames College.
(b) Redbridge College.
(c) Imperial College.
(d) Bexley College.
7. Where did Tai-ling attend college?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
8. After Adeline's graduation and internship, where did she spend two years working and studying for post-graduate degrees?
9. Where did James's daughter go to college?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
10. When was Byron born?
11. What was the name of the maid that Aunt Baba fired in Chapter 20?
(a) Ah Wui.
(b) Ah Mah.
(c) Ah Song.
(d) Ah Yee.
12. How many people died when an earthquake shook Tangshan?
(b) About 750,000.
(d) Over 1,000,000.
13. How old was Bob Mah when his father died?
14. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to San Francisco?
15. How much older was H. H. than Adeline?
(a) Six years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Eight years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ginger Morris when she became Roger's new nanny?
2. How much did Father pay Gregory and James to work for him?
3. How long was Adeline's flight to America?
4. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
5. What was Gregory's wife's name?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)