|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Adeline first meet Robert Mah?
2. After Byron tore up the house and left it a mess, what time did he return?
(a) 8 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
3. How much of Niang's estate did Adleine receive?
(a) 15 percent.
(b) 5 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
4. When did Niang die?
5. When did Byron decide to buy a restaurant?
6. When Adeline was at Tsan Yuk, how much more were the male doctors paid than the female doctors?
(a) 20 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 15 percent.
(d) 30 percent.
7. How many children did Bob Mah's parents have?
8. Where did James's daughter go to college?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
9. How long was Adeline's flight to America?
(a) 15 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 18 hours.
10. On what floor was Niang's flat?
11. When did the Communist government launch the sister movements, The Antis and Five Antis?
12. What game did Aunt Baba and her friend switch to when mah-jong became illegal?
13. How many families shared the home where Aunt Baba lived when Adeline and Bob visited?
14. Why was Bob's brother Earl rejected by the army?
(b) Deformed hand.
(d) Deformed foot.
15. What did the earthquake register on the Richter Scale that shook Tangshan in 1976?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adeline begin her internship at St. Mary's Hospital?
2. How old was Bob Mah when his father died?
3. Where was H. H. Tien studying in London?
4. After Adeline's graduation and internship, where did she spend two years working and studying for post-graduate degrees?
5. How many people were with the tour group that Adeline and Bob traveled with to Hong Kong and China?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)