|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Niang's funeral held?
(a) June 21.
(b) September 17.
(c) May 30.
(d) August 12.
2. Where did Bob Mah teach?
(d) California State.
3. When all Chinese industries and businesses were nationalized, what did deserving owners receive for their businesses for ten years?
(a) 10 percent of the net worth.
(b) 5 percent of the net worth.
(c) 35 percent of the net worth.
(d) 7 percent of the net worth.
4. How many families shared the home where Aunt Baba lived when Adeline and Bob visited?
5. Where did James's daughter go to college?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. How much of Niang's estate did Gregory and Edgar receive?
(a) 30 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 40 percent.
7. What did the earthquake register on the Richter Scale that shook Tangshan in 1976?
8. When was Grand Aunt forced to resign from all her duties at the Women's Bank?
9. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
(a) University of Hong Kong.
(b) University of Taiwan.
(d) New York.
10. How large was the diamond on Niang's ring?
(a) Three carat.
(b) Six carat.
(c) Five carat.
(d) Four carat.
11. How long was Adeline's flight to America?
(a) 15 hours.
(b) 18 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
12. How old was Aunt Lao Lao when Aunt Baba visited Tianjin to rebury Grandmother and Ye Ye?
13. How much older was H. H. than Adeline?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Five years.
14. When did Adeline visit her Aunt Baba for the last time?
15. Mrs. Hsu was from ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company offered Byron a job?
2. When did Adeline fly to Hong Kong in Chapter 15?
3. Where was Byron born?
4. How much did Adeline earn a month during her internship at St. Mary's Hospital?
5. When was Aunt Baba forced to move out of Joseph's home?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)