|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Tai-way's wedding held?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
2. How many people died when an earthquake shook Tangshan?
(b) About 750,000.
(c) Over 1,000,000.
3. Where did Tai-ling attend college?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) North Carolina.
4. How many families shared the home where Aunt Baba lived when Adeline and Bob visited?
5. Where did Adeline receive an offer of an obstetrics residency in America?
(a) Memorial Hospital in New York.
(b) University of Iowa in Iowa City.
(c) Presbyterian Hospital in Philadelphia.
(d) Duke University in Durham.
6. When did Adeline fly to Hong Kong in Chapter 15?
(a) September, 1963.
(b) October, 1963.
(d) August, 1963.
7. How many children did Bob Mah's parents have?
8. When did Adeline attend a concert with H. H.?
9. When Adeline arrived in America, how long had Byron been renting a room from Martin?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) One month.
10. When was Byron born?
11. When was Aunt Baba forced to move out of Joseph's home?
12. When did Father move his enamelware factory to Nigeria?
13. When were some of Adeline's more idealistic contemporaries asked to leave Britain?
14. When did Father sell his Buick?
15. Where was Byron's restaurant located?
(b) Huntington Beach.
(c) Newport Beach.
(d) Costa Mesa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large was the diamond on Niang's ring?
2. After Byron tore up the house and left it a mess, what time did he return?
3. What hours did taxi-drivers, hair-dressers, waitresses, nurses, telephone operators, and others work a day for meager wages?
4. How many people were with the tour group that Adeline and Bob traveled with to Hong Kong and China?
5. How long was Adeline's flight to America?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)