|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Adeline leave England and return to Hong Kong?
2. When did Adeline begin her internship at St. Mary's Hospital?
(a) July 1, 1965.
(b) May 1, 1965.
(c) April 1, 1965.
(d) March 1, 1965.
3. Where did Adeline receive an offer of an obstetrics residency in America?
(a) University of Iowa in Iowa City.
(b) Duke University in Durham.
(c) Presbyterian Hospital in Philadelphia.
(d) Memorial Hospital in New York.
4. When did the Communist government launch the sister movements, The Antis and Five Antis?
5. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
(a) University of Hong Kong.
(c) University of Taiwan.
(d) New York.
6. How much did Adeline and Bob pay of Father's medical bills in America?
(b) About $70,000.
(d) Around $50,000.
7. What time would Father summon his chauffeur to drive him to the club at Stanley?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
8. How much did Adeline receive a month during her obstetrics residency?
9. What was the name of the maid that Aunt Baba fired in Chapter 20?
(a) Ah Song.
(b) Ah Mah.
(c) Ah Yee.
(d) Ah Wui.
10. When all Chinese industries and businesses were nationalized, what did deserving owners receive for their businesses for ten years?
(a) 10 percent of the net worth.
(b) 7 percent of the net worth.
(c) 5 percent of the net worth.
(d) 35 percent of the net worth.
11. When did Father sell his Buick?
12. After Byron tore up the house and left it a mess, what time did he return?
(b) 6 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
13. When did Adeline first meet Robert Mah?
14. When Aunt Baba was transferred to the bank branch near the Cathay Cinema, how many tram stops was she from her home?
15. How many families shared the home where Aunt Baba lived when Adeline and Bob visited?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Niang when she and Father came for a medical consultation in America?
2. When was Niang's funeral held?
3. When did Niang die?
4. What was H. H. Tien studying?
5. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to San Francisco?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)