|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was Aunt Baba given to live on?
(a) 10 yuan.
(b) 25 yuan.
(c) 20 yuan.
(d) 15 yuan.
2. When did Martin Ching's parents emigrate to America?
3. When was Byron born?
4. When did Adeline fly to Hong Kong in Chapter 15?
(a) October, 1963.
(b) August, 1963.
(d) September, 1963.
5. When did Adeline finish her residency in Chapter 18?
(a) July, 1968.
(b) May, 1968.
(c) June, 1968.
(d) August, 1968.
6. When Adeline arrived in America, how long had Byron been renting a room from Martin?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) Ten months.
(d) Nine months.
7. How old was Mrs. Hsu?
8. Where was Tai-way's wedding held?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York.
9. How old was Aunt Lao Lao when Aunt Baba visited Tianjin to rebury Grandmother and Ye Ye?
10. Where did Adeline receive an offer of an obstetrics residency in America?
(a) University of Iowa in Iowa City.
(b) Memorial Hospital in New York.
(c) Duke University in Durham.
(d) Presbyterian Hospital in Philadelphia.
11. Where did Tai-ling attend college?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
12. How old was Niang when she and Father came for a medical consultation in America?
13. How long after Adeline arrived in America did she and Byron marry?
(a) Four months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) One week.
14. What did Adeline receive as a wedding present from her father and Niang?
15. Where was Byron's restaurant located?
(a) Costa Mesa.
(b) Huntington Beach.
(d) Newport Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first Tiananmen Incident?
2. On what floor was Niang's flat?
3. What did the earthquake register on the Richter Scale that shook Tangshan in 1976?
4. When was Roger born?
5. When did Niang die?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)