|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Bob's brother Earl rejected by the army?
(a) Deformed foot.
(d) Deformed hand.
2. When did Father move his enamelware factory to Nigeria?
3. How long was Adeline's contract for her first American residency?
(a) Six months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Ten months.
(d) Nine months.
4. Where did Bob Mah teach?
(b) California State.
5. When did Niang die?
6. Why did Niang need surgery?
(a) Breast cancer.
(b) Colon cancer.
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) Liver cancer.
7. What time would Father summon his chauffeur to drive him to the club at Stanley?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
8. Where did Tai-ling attend college?
(a) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
9. What type of vehicle did Adeline buy so she could see Byron on weekends?
10. When was Byron born?
11. What was the name of the maid that Aunt Baba fired in Chapter 20?
(a) Ah Wui.
(b) Ah Mah.
(c) Ah Song.
(d) Ah Yee.
12. How much of Niang's estate did Gregory and Edgar receive?
(a) 30 percent.
(b) 40 percent.
(c) 20 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
13. How much did Adeline and Bob pay of Father's medical bills in America?
(b) About $70,000.
(d) Around $50,000.
14. In Chapter 23, when was the last time that Adeline had corresponded with her Aunt Baba?
15. How many people died when an earthquake shook Tangshan?
(b) About 750,000.
(d) Over 1,000,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bob and Adeline move when they married?
2. When did Adeline attend a concert with H. H.?
3. When Adeline arrived in America, how long had Byron been renting a room from Martin?
4. How old was Mrs. Hsu?
5. Where did Father want Adeline to work at Hong Kong University?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)