|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Father move his enamelware factory to Nigeria?
2. When did Martin Ching's parents emigrate to America?
3. When did Adeline first meet Robert Mah?
4. Where did Tai-ling attend college?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) South Carolina.
5. How many people were with the tour group that Adeline and Bob traveled with to Hong Kong and China?
6. How many people died when an earthquake shook Tangshan?
(a) About 750,000.
(d) Over 1,000,000.
7. Where did Bob Mah teach?
(c) California State.
8. Where did Father want Adeline to work at Hong Kong University?
(a) Pediatrics and Adolescent medicine.
(c) Obstetrics and Gynecology.
9. Where did Bob and Adeline move when they married?
(a) Redondo Beach.
(b) Huntington Beach.
(c) Long Beach.
(d) Newport Beach.
10. Where did James's daughter go to college?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
11. When Adeline was at Tsan Yuk, how much more were the male doctors paid than the female doctors?
(a) 30 percent.
(b) 15 percent.
(c) 25 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
12. What type of vehicle did Adeline buy so she could see Byron on weekends?
13. When did Father sell his Buick?
14. How old was Aunt Lao Lao when Aunt Baba visited Tianjin to rebury Grandmother and Ye Ye?
15. How long was Adeline's flight to America?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 18 hours.
(c) 15 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aunt Baba was transferred to the bank branch near the Cathay Cinema, how many tram stops was she from her home?
2. Where did Adeline receive an offer of an obstetrics residency in America?
3. How much older was H. H. than Adeline?
4. When Adeline arrived in America, how long had Byron been renting a room from Martin?
5. Mrs. Hsu was from ______________.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)