|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
(b) University of Taiwan.
(c) New York.
(d) University of Hong Kong.
2. How old was Aunt Lao Lao when Aunt Baba visited Tianjin to rebury Grandmother and Ye Ye?
3. What was H. H. Tien studying?
(d) Applied mathematics.
4. When Aunt Baba was transferred to the bank branch near the Cathay Cinema, how many tram stops was she from her home?
5. After Adeline's graduation and internship, where did she spend two years working and studying for post-graduate degrees?
6. After Byron tore up the house and left it a mess, what time did he return?
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
7. When did Adeline first meet Robert Mah?
8. Where was Byron's restaurant located?
(a) Costa Mesa.
(b) Huntington Beach.
(d) Newport Beach.
9. When did Martin Ching's parents emigrate to America?
10. Why was Bob's brother Earl rejected by the army?
(a) Deformed hand.
(d) Deformed foot.
11. When was the first Tiananmen Incident?
12. When were some of Adeline's more idealistic contemporaries asked to leave Britain?
13. Where did Adeline receive an offer of an obstetrics residency in America?
(a) Duke University in Durham.
(b) Memorial Hospital in New York.
(c) Presbyterian Hospital in Philadelphia.
(d) University of Iowa in Iowa City.
14. What was Byron's salary when they moved to California?
(a) $800 a month.
(b) $750 a month.
(c) $900 a month.
(d) $850 a month.
15. How much did Father pay Gregory and James to work for him?
(a) $350 a month.
(b) $250 a month.
(c) $200 a month.
(d) $300 a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Adeline receive a month during her obstetrics residency?
2. When did Adeline begin her internship at St. Mary's Hospital?
3. Where was Tai-way's wedding held?
4. When did Bob Mah's parents emigrate to San Francisco?
5. How old was Bob Mah when his father died?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)