|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Byron decide to buy a restaurant?
2. Where was Byron's restaurant located?
(a) Costa Mesa.
(b) Huntington Beach.
(d) Newport Beach.
3. How long after Adeline arrived in America did she and Byron marry?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Four months.
(c) One week.
(d) Six months.
4. In Chapter 23, when was the last time that Adeline had corresponded with her Aunt Baba?
5. When Aunt Baba was transferred to the bank branch near the Cathay Cinema, how many tram stops was she from her home?
6. How much did Adeline earn a month during her internship at St. Mary's Hospital?
7. Who was excluded from Father's seventieth birthday celebration party in Hong Kong?
8. When did the Communist government launch the sister movements, The Antis and Five Antis?
9. Mrs. Hsu was from ______________.
10. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
(b) University of Taiwan.
(c) University of Hong Kong.
(d) New York.
11. Where did Bob Mah teach?
(b) California State.
12. What game did Aunt Baba and her friend switch to when mah-jong became illegal?
13. Where did Bob and Adeline move when they married?
(a) Newport Beach.
(b) Redondo Beach.
(c) Long Beach.
(d) Huntington Beach.
14. When was Roger born?
(a) April 15, 1966.
(b) September 23, 1966.
(c) May 12, 1966.
(d) June 8, 1966.
15. When did Father sell his Buick?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Father move his enamelware factory to Nigeria?
2. How long was Adeline's contract for her first American residency?
3. How much money was Aunt Baba given to live on?
4. How many children did Bob Mah's parents have?
5. When did Adeline and Bob travel to Hong Kong and China with an organized tour group?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)