|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adeline name her little duckling?
(a) Precious Little Treasure.
(b) Little One.
(c) Little Quack.
2. How much money was Lydia given for her dowry?
3. What was the name of Adeline's friend who sat on Adeline's left at meals?
4. What was the name of the ocean liner that James and Adeline sailed on when they went to England?
(a) SS Baradine.
(b) SS Canton.
(c) SS Arcadia.
(d) SS China.
5. How long after Grandmother's death, were Adeline, Lydia, Gregory, and Edgar taken to the train station?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Seven weeks.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
6. When was Adeline's grand aunt born?
7. How much money did Adeline receive from her father annually?
(a) 600 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 400 pounds.
(d) 700 pounds.
8. How old was Lydia when she married Samuel?
9. What color bedspread was Lydia given when she moved down to the first floor?
10. How many guests attended Lydia and Samuel's wedding?
(a) Over 500.
(c) About 400.
11. Which of Adeline's family members visited her when she was in the hospital with pneumonia?
(c) Ye Ye.
12. Where did Aunt Reine, Uncle Jean, and their family go after they left Hong Kong?
13. How long was the traditional Buddhist mourning period?
(a) 75 days.
(b) 100 days.
(c) 150 days.
(d) 50 days.
14. When did Britain demand and receive a 99 year lease on the Kowloon peninsula?
15. When did Gregory and Edgar leave Shanghai for Hong Kong and then England?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the train, how long a journey was it for Aunt Baba to go from Shanghai to Tianjin?
2. How many students were at Sacred Heart?
3. After the wedding, how long was it before Adeline saw her sister again?
4. Where did Adeline's father die?
5. Where did Lydia, her husband, and his parents flee in January 1949?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)