|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was Lydia given for her dowry?
2. What was the name of a play that Adeline wrote?
(a) Gone with the Locusts.
(b) Grasshopper War.
(c) The Orchard.
(d) The Bank.
3. What killed Adeline's grandmother?
(a) Lung cancer.
(d) Heart attack.
4. How far was Sacred Heart primary school from Adeline's home?
(a) 1 1/2 miles.
(b) 1/2 mile.
(c) 1 3/4 miles.
(d) 3/4 mile.
5. How many of the boarders at Sacred Heart were almost orphans?
6. How many years did Grand Aunt work for the Bank of Shanghai?
7. After his marriage to Ren, what type of car did Joseph buy for himself?
8. In what type of cemetery was Joseph buried?
9. How many civilians and prisoners of war were tortured and killed during the Rape of Nanking?
10. How old was Lydia when she married Samuel?
11. Where did Adeline's father die?
(a) Memorial Hospital.
(b) Kowloon Sanatorium.
(c) Hong Kong Sanatorium.
(d) Community Hospital.
12. Upon what river was Grand Aunt's hometown situated?
(a) Yangtse River.
(b) Huangpu River.
(c) Nandu River.
(d) Yong River
13. When did Adeline begin kindergarten?
14. Where did Adeline sleep the few times she was allowed to go home when she lived at Sacred Heart?
(a) In a closet.
(b) Ye Ye's room.
(c) In a small room with a maid.
(d) On the floor in a back hall.
15. How long after Grandmother's death, were Adeline, Lydia, Gregory, and Edgar taken to the train station?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Samuel Sung study at the university?
2. How old was Miss Chien when Joseph and Niang fled to Hong Kong?
3. What was the name of the ocean liner that James and Adeline sailed on when they went to England?
4. Which of Adeline's family members visited her when she was in the hospital with pneumonia?
5. How old was Adeline when her mother died?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)