|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the nuns from who ran Sacred Heart Convent School and Orphanage?
2. How old was Adeline when two events occurred that worsened her relationship with Niang?
3. What did Adeline name her little duckling?
(a) Little Quack.
(b) Precious Little Treasure.
(c) Little One.
4. When did Britain demand and receive a 99 year lease on the Kowloon peninsula?
5. After she was elected class president, who ran into Adeline when she was sitting on the stairs waiting for Aunt Baba to come home?
6. When did Grand Aunt establish her own bank?
7. How long had it been since Adeline and her siblings been together when they gathered for the reading of her father's will?
(a) Nearly 40 years.
(b) 27 years.
(c) Almost 30 years.
(d) 35 years.
8. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
(b) Hong Kong.
9. Where did Aunt Reine, Uncle Jean, and their family go after they left Hong Kong?
10. What type of top was on the large, oval table that Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gathered around?
11. Who ran the school that Grand Aunt attended?
(a) American Methodists.
(b) Catholic nuns.
(c) French protestants.
(d) British Congregationalists.
12. On the train, how long a journey was it for Aunt Baba to go from Shanghai to Tianjin?
(a) Two days.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
13. What was the name of the ocean liner that James and Adeline sailed on when they went to England?
(a) SS Baradine.
(b) SS Canton.
(c) SS China.
(d) SS Arcadia.
14. What color bedspread was Lydia given when she moved down to the first floor?
15. How long was the traditional Buddhist mourning period?
(a) 50 days.
(b) 100 days.
(c) 75 days.
(d) 150 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the dog trainer who trained Jackie?
2. How old was Adeline when her mother died?
3. When did Father, Niang, Franklin, and Susan leave for Hong Kong ahead of the Communists?
4. How many servants took care of Joseph's and Ren's household?
5. In what type of cemetery was Joseph buried?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)