|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did James and Adeline sail to England?
2. How many times was Adeline allowed to go home when she lived at Sacred Heart?
(a) Five times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Two times.
(d) Four times.
3. During what years were westerners perceived throughout China as superior beings?
4. Where was Joseph buried?
(a) East Point.
(b) North Point.
(c) West Point.
(d) South Point.
5. After his marriage to Ren, what type of car did Joseph buy for himself?
6. How many years did Grand Aunt work for the Bank of Shanghai?
7. When Adeline attended medical school, what percentage of students were female?
(a) Less than 15 percent.
(b) Less than 20 percent.
(c) 5 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
8. How old was Miss Chien when Joseph and Niang fled to Hong Kong?
9. When did Adeline's father die?
(a) March 20, 1988.
(b) May 13, 1988.
(c) April 10, 1988.
(d) June 24, 1988.
10. What killed Ye Ye?
(d) Heart attack.
11. When did Samuel Sung return to China after studying in America?
12. How old was Lydia when she married Samuel?
13. What was the name of a play that Adeline wrote?
(a) The Bank.
(b) Gone with the Locusts.
(c) The Orchard.
(d) Grasshopper War.
14. From where did Samuel Sung earn a master's degree?
(a) Notre Dame University.
(b) Drake University.
(c) Michigan State.
(d) Purdue University.
15. What was the name of Adeline's friend who sat on Adeline's left at meals?
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Grand Aunt?
2. What was the name of the dog trainer who trained Jackie?
3. When did Chairman Mao proclaim the founding of the People's Republic or China?
4. When did Ye Ye die?
5. What killed Adeline's grandmother?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)