|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Adeline when her mother died?
(a) One day old.
(b) Five days old.
(c) Three weeks old.
(d) Two weeks old.
2. What nationalities were Jeanne's parents?
(a) American and Chinese.
(b) French and Chinese.
(c) British and Chinese.
(d) Spanish and Chinese.
3. When did Ciang Kai-shek resign as President of the Republic?
(a) January 21, 1949.
(b) March 18, 1949.
(c) April 6, 1949.
(d) February 12, 1949.
4. How old was Samuel when he and Lydia married?
5. When was Hong Kong ceded to the British?
6. How much money did Adeline receive from her father annually?
(a) 700 pounds.
(b) 400 pounds.
(c) 600 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
7. On the train, how long a journey was it for Aunt Baba to go from Shanghai to Tianjin?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
8. How many eggs did Gregory use to make an omelet when Father and Niang went to Tianjin?
9. How old was Grandmother when she died?
10. How old was Miss Chien when Joseph and Niang fled to Hong Kong?
11. How much of her salary did Aunt Baba give Ye Ye?
12. How long after Grandmother's death, were Adeline, Lydia, Gregory, and Edgar taken to the train station?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Seven weeks.
13. What did Samuel Sung study at the university?
14. Where did Adeline's father die?
(a) Community Hospital.
(b) Memorial Hospital.
(c) Kowloon Sanatorium.
(d) Hong Kong Sanatorium.
15. When did Father, Niang, Franklin, and Susan leave for Hong Kong ahead of the Communists?
(a) November, 1948.
(b) February, 1949.
(c) January, 1949.
(d) December, 1948.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had it been since Adeline and her siblings been together when they gathered for the reading of her father's will?
2. What type of top was on the large, oval table that Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gathered around?
3. How tall was Grand Aunt?
4. How long did Niang stay in bed one time because of an argument with Father?
5. When did Gregory and Edgar leave Shanghai for Hong Kong and then England?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)