|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Niang stay in bed one time because of an argument with Father?
(a) Five days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) One month.
(d) Two months.
2. When did James and Adeline sail to England?
3. Where was Joseph buried?
(a) East Point.
(b) North Point.
(c) West Point.
(d) South Point.
4. At what restaurant was Adeline allowed to eat in Chapter 8?
(a) The Manhattan.
(b) The Bistro.
(c) A restaurant at the Mainland Hotel.
(d) A restaurant at the Peninsula Hotel.
5. After his marriage to Ren, what type of car did Joseph buy for himself?
6. When did Grand Aunt establish her own bank?
7. What type of dog slept in the courtyard of Adeline's new home when she was reunited with her father?
(d) German shepherd.
8. How much extra would parents pay a month so their daughters could get extra food at Sacred Heart?
9. How far was Sacred Heart primary school from Adeline's home?
(a) 1 1/2 miles.
(b) 1/2 mile.
(c) 3/4 mile.
(d) 1 3/4 miles.
10. How many students were at Sacred Heart?
11. Where were Gregory and Edgar living when James and Adeline arrived in London?
(a) Crouch End.
(b) Heath Park.
(c) Earl's Court.
(d) Burlington Estate.
12. How old was Adeline's grand aunt when she refused to have her feet bound?
13. When did Lydia and Samuel return to Tianjin?
14. How long after Grandmother's death, were Adeline, Lydia, Gregory, and Edgar taken to the train station?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
15. How old was the corpse that Adeline and her dissection partner worked on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ran the school that Grand Aunt attended?
2. During what years were westerners perceived throughout China as superior beings?
3. Where did Aunt Reine, Uncle Jean, and their family go after they left Hong Kong?
4. What killed Ye Ye?
5. How many civilians and prisoners of war were tortured and killed during the Rape of Nanking?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)