|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guests attended Lydia and Samuel's wedding?
(c) About 400.
(d) Over 500.
2. How much money had Baba given Adeline that Adeline intended to use for a school mate's birthday present?
(a) 5 dimes.
(b) Silver dollar.
(c) 20 nickels.
(d) Gold dollar.
3. When did Grand Aunt establish her own bank?
4. How many civilians and prisoners of war were tortured and killed during the Rape of Nanking?
5. How many boarders were at Sacred Heart when Adeline was enrolled there?
6. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
(c) Hong Kong.
7. To what ages of children was a play writing competition open that Adeline entered?
8. What did Samuel Sung study at the university?
9. During what years were westerners perceived throughout China as superior beings?
10. When did Lydia and Samuel return to Tianjin?
11. What color bedspread was Lydia given when she moved down to the first floor?
12. How long was the traditional Buddhist mourning period?
(a) 150 days.
(b) 75 days.
(c) 50 days.
(d) 100 days.
13. In what type of cemetery was Joseph buried?
14. What was the name of James' wife?
15. When did Gregory and Edgar leave Shanghai for Hong Kong and then England?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lydia, her husband, and his parents flee in January 1949?
2. How many years did Grand Aunt work for the Bank of Shanghai?
3. On what floor did Grand Aunt have her flat?
4. How many siblings did Grand Aunt have?
5. How many servants took care of Joseph's and Ren's household?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)