|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money had Baba given Adeline that Adeline intended to use for a school mate's birthday present?
(a) 5 dimes.
(b) Silver dollar.
(c) Gold dollar.
(d) 20 nickels.
2. What nationalities were Jeanne's parents?
(a) Spanish and Chinese.
(b) French and Chinese.
(c) American and Chinese.
(d) British and Chinese.
3. Where did Lydia, her husband, and his parents flee in January 1949?
(b) Hong Kong.
4. When did Adeline develop pneumonia?
5. What color bedspread was Lydia given when she moved down to the first floor?
6. Where did Adeline's father die?
(a) Community Hospital.
(b) Kowloon Sanatorium.
(c) Hong Kong Sanatorium.
(d) Memorial Hospital.
7. Where was Adeline's grand aunt born?
8. How old was Adeline when her mother died?
(a) Three weeks old.
(b) Five days old.
(c) One day old.
(d) Two weeks old.
9. When did Samuel Sung return to China after studying in America?
10. From where did Samuel Sung earn a master's degree?
(a) Michigan State.
(b) Drake University.
(c) Notre Dame University.
(d) Purdue University.
11. How much money was Lydia given for her dowry?
12. How much extra would parents pay a month so their daughters could get extra food at Sacred Heart?
13. How many boarders were at Sacred Heart when Adeline was enrolled there?
14. When did Adeline begin kindergarten?
15. How many civilians and prisoners of war were tortured and killed during the Rape of Nanking?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Lydia when she married Samuel?
2. What type of dog slept in the courtyard of Adeline's new home when she was reunited with her father?
3. Where did Aunt Reine, Uncle Jean, and their family go after they left Hong Kong?
4. How many of the boarders at Sacred Heart were almost orphans?
5. How old was Jeanne when she married Joseph?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)