|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the boarders at Sacred Heart were almost orphans?
2. When Adeline attended medical school, what percentage of students were female?
(a) Less than 15 percent.
(b) Less than 20 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 5 percent.
3. How long was the traditional Buddhist mourning period?
(a) 100 days.
(b) 150 days.
(c) 50 days.
(d) 75 days.
4. When was Adeline's grand aunt born?
5. Where did Adeline's father die?
(a) Community Hospital.
(b) Kowloon Sanatorium.
(c) Memorial Hospital.
(d) Hong Kong Sanatorium.
6. How far was the eastern side of Grand Aunt's hometown from the Pacific Ocean?
(a) 35 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 50 miles.
7. After the wedding, how long was it before Adeline saw her sister again?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 31 years.
(c) 29 years.
(d) 32 years.
8. What killed Ye Ye?
(b) Heart attack.
9. How long after Grandmother's death, were Adeline, Lydia, Gregory, and Edgar taken to the train station?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Seven weeks.
10. On what floor did Grand Aunt have her flat?
11. After the collapse of the Kumomintang army in Manchuria, by how much did Tianjin's population swell?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 5 percent.
(d) 15 percent.
12. Where did Aunt Reine, Uncle Jean, and their family go after they left Hong Kong?
13. How many siblings did Grand Aunt have?
14. How old was Franklin when he died?
15. What time did Adeline's days begin when she stayed at Sacred Heart?
(a) 6:00 a.m.
(b) 5:30 a.m.
(c) 6:15 a.m.
(d) 5:45 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many servants took care of Joseph's and Ren's household?
2. How much extra would parents pay a month so their daughters could get extra food at Sacred Heart?
3. What type of dog slept in the courtyard of Adeline's new home when she was reunited with her father?
4. When did Adeline's father die?
5. How much money had Baba given Adeline that Adeline intended to use for a school mate's birthday present?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)