|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the corpse that Adeline and her dissection partner worked on?
2. When did Britain demand and receive a 99 year lease on the Kowloon peninsula?
3. After his marriage to Ren, what type of car did Joseph buy for himself?
4. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
(c) Hong Kong.
5. How old was Miss Chien when Joseph and Niang fled to Hong Kong?
6. How long was the traditional Buddhist mourning period?
(a) 75 days.
(b) 50 days.
(c) 150 days.
(d) 100 days.
7. How old was Lydia when she married Samuel?
8. How much of her salary did Aunt Baba give Ye Ye?
9. How many cinemas did Tianjin have?
10. What was the name of the ocean liner that James and Adeline sailed on when they went to England?
(a) SS China.
(b) SS Arcadia.
(c) SS Baradine.
(d) SS Canton.
11. What was the name of Adeline's friend who sat on Adeline's left at meals?
12. Where were the nuns from who ran Sacred Heart Convent School and Orphanage?
13. How many servants took care of Joseph's and Ren's household?
14. How far was the eastern side of Grand Aunt's hometown from the Pacific Ocean?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 35 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
15. When was Hong Kong ceded to the British?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much extra would parents pay a month so their daughters could get extra food at Sacred Heart?
2. When did the Red Army triumphantly enter Shanghai?
3. How old was Adeline's mother when she died?
4. How many children did the Shanghai police once find chained to the wall of a tin factory?
5. When did Father, Niang, Franklin, and Susan leave for Hong Kong ahead of the Communists?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)