|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Aunt Reine, Uncle Jean, and their family go after they left Hong Kong?
2. Who ran the school that Grand Aunt attended?
(a) American Methodists.
(b) French protestants.
(c) Catholic nuns.
(d) British Congregationalists.
3. What did Adeline name her little duckling?
(a) Little Quack.
(b) Little One.
(c) Precious Little Treasure.
4. How old was the corpse that Adeline and her dissection partner worked on?
5. On what floor did Grand Aunt have her flat?
6. What color bedspread was Lydia given when she moved down to the first floor?
7. When did Chairman Mao proclaim the founding of the People's Republic or China?
(a) September 1, 1949.
(b) August 1, 1949.
(c) October 1, 1949.
(d) November 1, 1949.
8. At what restaurant was Adeline allowed to eat in Chapter 8?
(a) The Manhattan.
(b) The Bistro.
(c) A restaurant at the Mainland Hotel.
(d) A restaurant at the Peninsula Hotel.
9. When did Ye Ye die?
(a) February 21, 1952.
(b) January 25, 1952.
(c) March 27, 1952.
(d) April 2, 1952.
10. When did James and Adeline sail to England?
11. Upon what river was Grand Aunt's hometown situated?
(a) Nandu River.
(b) Yangtse River.
(c) Huangpu River.
(d) Yong River
12. Where did Adeline's father die?
(a) Hong Kong Sanatorium.
(b) Memorial Hospital.
(c) Community Hospital.
(d) Kowloon Sanatorium.
13. When Ye Ye married, how old was his bride?
14. How many students were at Sacred Heart?
15. After the collapse of the Kumomintang army in Manchuria, by how much did Tianjin's population swell?
(a) 20 percent.
(b) 15 percent.
(c) 5 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adeline develop pneumonia?
2. How many guests attended Lydia and Samuel's wedding?
3. When was Adeline's grand aunt born?
4. How old was Adeline when two events occurred that worsened her relationship with Niang?
5. When were all Chinese to turn in their old banknotes, gold, silver, and foreign currency?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)