|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money had Baba given Adeline that Adeline intended to use for a school mate's birthday present?
(a) 20 nickels.
(b) Gold dollar.
(c) 5 dimes.
(d) Silver dollar.
2. After his marriage to Ren, what type of car did Joseph buy for himself?
3. When was Adeline's grand aunt born?
4. How many siblings did Grand Aunt have?
5. How old was Miss Chien when Joseph and Niang fled to Hong Kong?
6. When Ye Ye married, how old was his bride?
7. When Adeline attended medical school, what percentage of students were female?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) Less than 20 percent.
(c) 5 percent.
(d) Less than 15 percent.
8. When did Adeline begin kindergarten?
9. When did Grand Aunt establish her own bank?
10. What type of top was on the large, oval table that Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gathered around?
11. What was the name of the ocean liner that James and Adeline sailed on when they went to England?
(a) SS China.
(b) SS Baradine.
(c) SS Canton.
(d) SS Arcadia.
12. When did Gregory and Edgar leave Shanghai for Hong Kong and then England?
13. How old was Adeline when her brothers taught her to play bridge?
14. How far was Sacred Heart primary school from Adeline's home?
(a) 3/4 mile.
(b) 1 1/2 miles.
(c) 1/2 mile.
(d) 1 3/4 miles.
15. What was the name of the dog trainer who trained Jackie?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many eggs did Gregory use to make an omelet when Father and Niang went to Tianjin?
2. To what ages of children was a play writing competition open that Adeline entered?
3. How old was Adeline when her mother died?
4. At what restaurant was Adeline allowed to eat in Chapter 8?
5. When did Britain demand and receive a 99 year lease on the Kowloon peninsula?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)