|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Gregory and Edgar living when James and Adeline arrived in London?
(a) Heath Park.
(b) Crouch End.
(c) Earl's Court.
(d) Burlington Estate.
2. Where were the nuns from who ran Sacred Heart Convent School and Orphanage?
3. After she was elected class president, who ran into Adeline when she was sitting on the stairs waiting for Aunt Baba to come home?
4. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
(c) Hong Kong.
5. After the collapse of the Kumomintang army in Manchuria, by how much did Tianjin's population swell?
(a) 5 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 20 percent.
(d) 15 percent.
6. Where did Aunt Reine, Uncle Jean, and their family go after they left Hong Kong?
7. Where did Adeline's father die?
(a) Community Hospital.
(b) Kowloon Sanatorium.
(c) Hong Kong Sanatorium.
(d) Memorial Hospital.
8. Where was Joseph buried?
(a) East Point.
(b) North Point.
(c) West Point.
(d) South Point.
9. What type of top was on the large, oval table that Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gathered around?
10. When were all Chinese to turn in their old banknotes, gold, silver, and foreign currency?
(a) September 30, 1948.
(b) November 2, 1948.
(c) December 3, 1948.
(d) October 12, 1948.
11. What did Samuel Sung study at the university?
12. When did the Manchu dynasty come to an end?
(a) October 10, 1911.
(b) August 18, 1911.
(c) July 13, 1911.
(d) September 15, 1911.
13. How old was Adeline when her brothers taught her to play bridge?
14. When did Chairman Mao proclaim the founding of the People's Republic or China?
(a) November 1, 1949.
(b) October 1, 1949.
(c) August 1, 1949.
(d) September 1, 1949.
15. How old was Adeline's grand aunt when she refused to have her feet bound?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Red Army triumphantly enter Shanghai?
2. What was the name of Adeline's friend who sat on Adeline's left at meals?
3. Jeanne's mother was from ______________.
4. What was the name of the dog trainer who trained Jackie?
5. How old was Adeline when two events occurred that worsened her relationship with Niang?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)