|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Grandmother's death, were Adeline, Lydia, Gregory, and Edgar taken to the train station?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Seven weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
2. On what floor did Grand Aunt have her flat?
3. What killed Adeline's grandmother?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Lung cancer.
4. How many of the boarders at Sacred Heart were almost orphans?
5. How many students were at Sacred Heart?
6. When did Grand Aunt establish her own bank?
7. When were all Chinese to turn in their old banknotes, gold, silver, and foreign currency?
(a) September 30, 1948.
(b) December 3, 1948.
(c) November 2, 1948.
(d) October 12, 1948.
8. On the train, how long a journey was it for Aunt Baba to go from Shanghai to Tianjin?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
9. When did the Manchu dynasty come to an end?
(a) September 15, 1911.
(b) July 13, 1911.
(c) August 18, 1911.
(d) October 10, 1911.
10. In what type of cemetery was Joseph buried?
11. When did Adeline begin kindergarten?
12. When did Adeline's father die?
(a) June 24, 1988.
(b) May 13, 1988.
(c) April 10, 1988.
(d) March 20, 1988.
13. When did Britain demand and receive a 99 year lease on the Kowloon peninsula?
14. What killed Ye Ye?
(b) Heart attack.
15. After his marriage to Ren, what type of car did Joseph buy for himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Adeline and her siblings gather to hear the reading of their father's will?
2. How many eggs did Gregory use to make an omelet when Father and Niang went to Tianjin?
3. How long did Niang stay in bed one time because of an argument with Father?
4. When Ye Ye married, how old was his bride?
5. How many siblings did Grand Aunt have?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)