|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Jeanne when she married Joseph?
2. Where did Lydia, her husband, and his parents flee in January 1949?
(d) Hong Kong.
3. How many cinemas did Tianjin have?
4. When Ye Ye married, how old was his bride?
5. In what type of cemetery was Joseph buried?
6. How old was Adeline when her mother died?
(a) Two weeks old.
(b) One day old.
(c) Five days old.
(d) Three weeks old.
7. What is the date at the beginning of the book?
(a) June 30, 1988.
(b) April 15, 1988.
(c) March 24, 1988.
(d) May 19, 1988.
8. How many years did Grand Aunt work for the Bank of Shanghai?
9. How many students were at Sacred Heart?
10. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
(d) Hong Kong.
11. During what years were westerners perceived throughout China as superior beings?
12. How old was Adeline when her brothers taught her to play bridge?
13. After the wedding, how long was it before Adeline saw her sister again?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 32 years.
(c) 31 years.
(d) 29 years.
14. What color bedspread was Lydia given when she moved down to the first floor?
15. How long was the traditional Buddhist mourning period?
(a) 100 days.
(b) 150 days.
(c) 75 days.
(d) 50 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was Sacred Heart primary school from Adeline's home?
2. Which of Adeline's family members visited her when she was in the hospital with pneumonia?
3. When did James and Adeline sail to England?
4. Where were the nuns from who ran Sacred Heart Convent School and Orphanage?
5. How many eggs did Gregory use to make an omelet when Father and Niang went to Tianjin?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)