|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Samuel Sung study at the university?
2. When Ye Ye married, how old was his bride?
3. What type of top was on the large, oval table that Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gathered around?
4. On the train, how long a journey was it for Aunt Baba to go from Shanghai to Tianjin?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
5. After the collapse of the Kumomintang army in Manchuria, by how much did Tianjin's population swell?
(a) 15 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 20 percent.
(d) 5 percent.
6. What was the name of the ocean liner that James and Adeline sailed on when they went to England?
(a) SS Arcadia.
(b) SS Baradine.
(c) SS Canton.
(d) SS China.
7. When did Lydia and Samuel return to Tianjin?
8. When did Ciang Kai-shek resign as President of the Republic?
(a) February 12, 1949.
(b) April 6, 1949.
(c) March 18, 1949.
(d) January 21, 1949.
9. How many civilians and prisoners of war were tortured and killed during the Rape of Nanking?
10. When did Adeline's father die?
(a) April 10, 1988.
(b) June 24, 1988.
(c) May 13, 1988.
(d) March 20, 1988.
11. When did Adeline develop pneumonia?
12. How much extra would parents pay a month so their daughters could get extra food at Sacred Heart?
13. How many cinemas did Tianjin have?
14. What killed Adeline's grandmother?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) Lung cancer.
15. How old was Grandmother when she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did James and Adeline sail to England?
2. What type of dog slept in the courtyard of Adeline's new home when she was reunited with her father?
3. Where were the nuns from who ran Sacred Heart Convent School and Orphanage?
4. How old was Adeline when her mother died?
5. During what years were westerners perceived throughout China as superior beings?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)