|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the dog trainer who trained Jackie?
2. In what type of cemetery was Joseph buried?
3. How much money was Lydia given for her dowry?
4. When did Samuel Sung return to China after studying in America?
5. How old was Jeanne when she married Joseph?
6. Who ran the school that Grand Aunt attended?
(a) British Congregationalists.
(b) Catholic nuns.
(c) American Methodists.
(d) French protestants.
7. When did Britain demand and receive a 99 year lease on the Kowloon peninsula?
8. Where did Lydia, her husband, and his parents flee in January 1949?
(b) Hong Kong.
9. How much money did Adeline receive from her father annually?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 600 pounds.
(c) 400 pounds.
(d) 700 pounds.
10. After the wedding, how long was it before Adeline saw her sister again?
(a) 31 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 29 years.
(d) 32 years.
11. Where did Adeline sleep the few times she was allowed to go home when she lived at Sacred Heart?
(a) In a closet.
(b) Ye Ye's room.
(c) In a small room with a maid.
(d) On the floor in a back hall.
12. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
(c) Hong Kong.
13. What type of dog slept in the courtyard of Adeline's new home when she was reunited with her father?
(b) German shepherd.
14. How many years did Grand Aunt work for the Bank of Shanghai?
15. When Ye Ye married, how old was his bride?
Short Answer Questions
1. After his marriage to Ren, what type of car did Joseph buy for himself?
2. How old was Lydia when she married Samuel?
3. When were all Chinese to turn in their old banknotes, gold, silver, and foreign currency?
4. What type of top was on the large, oval table that Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gathered around?
5. During what years were westerners perceived throughout China as superior beings?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)