|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Father, Niang, Franklin, and Susan leave for Hong Kong ahead of the Communists?
(a) January, 1949.
(b) November, 1948.
(c) December, 1948.
(d) February, 1949.
2. Where was Joseph buried?
(a) West Point.
(b) North Point.
(c) South Point.
(d) East Point.
3. After she was elected class president, who ran into Adeline when she was sitting on the stairs waiting for Aunt Baba to come home?
4. What was the name of a play that Adeline wrote?
(a) The Orchard.
(b) Grasshopper War.
(c) Gone with the Locusts.
(d) The Bank.
5. When did the Red Army triumphantly enter Shanghai?
(a) May 25, 1949.
(b) July 3, 1949.
(c) August 18, 1949.
(d) June 12, 1949.
6. When Ye Ye married, how old was his bride?
7. To what ages of children was a play writing competition open that Adeline entered?
8. How tall was Grand Aunt?
(a) 5 ft. 7 in.
(b) 4 ft. 11 in.
(c) 5 ft. 4 in.
(d) 5 ft. 2 in.
9. From where did Samuel Sung earn a master's degree?
(a) Michigan State.
(b) Drake University.
(c) Purdue University.
(d) Notre Dame University.
10. How old was Miss Chien when Joseph and Niang fled to Hong Kong?
11. How old was Franklin when he died?
12. How much of her salary did Aunt Baba give Ye Ye?
13. How old was Grandmother when she died?
14. What type of dog slept in the courtyard of Adeline's new home when she was reunited with her father?
(d) German shepherd.
15. How much money had Baba given Adeline that Adeline intended to use for a school mate's birthday present?
(a) 20 nickels.
(b) Silver dollar.
(c) 5 dimes.
(d) Gold dollar.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Grand Aunt establish her own bank?
2. How many times was Adeline allowed to go home when she lived at Sacred Heart?
3. Where were the nuns from who ran Sacred Heart Convent School and Orphanage?
4. When was Adeline's grand aunt born?
5. What color bedspread was Lydia given when she moved down to the first floor?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)