|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cinemas did Tianjin have?
2. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
(a) Hong Kong.
3. How many of the boarders at Sacred Heart were almost orphans?
4. When did Lydia and Samuel return to Tianjin?
5. When did Gregory and Edgar leave Shanghai for Hong Kong and then England?
6. From where did Samuel Sung earn a master's degree?
(a) Purdue University.
(b) Notre Dame University.
(c) Drake University.
(d) Michigan State.
7. When was Hong Kong ceded to the British?
8. How far was Sacred Heart primary school from Adeline's home?
(a) 1 3/4 miles.
(b) 1 1/2 miles.
(c) 1/2 mile.
(d) 3/4 mile.
9. What was the name of the dog trainer who trained Jackie?
10. What type of dog slept in the courtyard of Adeline's new home when she was reunited with her father?
(c) German shepherd.
11. How many civilians and prisoners of war were tortured and killed during the Rape of Nanking?
12. How old was Grandmother when she died?
13. On what floor did Grand Aunt have her flat?
14. When did Adeline's father die?
(a) June 24, 1988.
(b) May 13, 1988.
(c) March 20, 1988.
(d) April 10, 1988.
15. When were all Chinese to turn in their old banknotes, gold, silver, and foreign currency?
(a) November 2, 1948.
(b) September 30, 1948.
(c) October 12, 1948.
(d) December 3, 1948.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Franklin when he died?
2. How old was Adeline when two events occurred that worsened her relationship with Niang?
3. What type of top was on the large, oval table that Adeline, her siblings, and her stepmother gathered around?
4. When did Adeline begin kindergarten?
5. To what ages of children was a play writing competition open that Adeline entered?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)