|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When all Chinese industries and businesses were nationalized, what did deserving owners receive for their businesses for ten years?
(a) 5 percent of the net worth.
(b) 35 percent of the net worth.
(c) 10 percent of the net worth.
(d) 7 percent of the net worth.
2. Where was Byron's restaurant located?
(a) Costa Mesa.
(c) Huntington Beach.
(d) Newport Beach.
3. How old was Adeline when her brothers taught her to play bridge?
4. Why did Niang need surgery?
(a) Breast cancer.
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) Liver cancer.
(d) Colon cancer.
5. How much did Adeline receive a month during her obstetrics residency?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Adeline's friend who sat on Adeline's left at meals?
2. What hours did taxi-drivers, hair-dressers, waitresses, nurses, telephone operators, and others work a day for meager wages?
3. When did Grand Aunt establish her own bank?
4. Mrs. Hsu was from ______________.
5. What was Byron's salary when they moved to California?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)