|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Adeline finish her residency in Chapter 18?
(a) July, 1968.
(b) May, 1968.
(c) August, 1968.
(d) June, 1968.
2. From where did Samuel Sung earn a master's degree?
(a) Drake University.
(b) Michigan State.
(c) Purdue University.
(d) Notre Dame University.
3. When did Father, Niang, Franklin, and Susan leave for Hong Kong ahead of the Communists?
(a) December, 1948.
(b) January, 1949.
(c) November, 1948.
(d) February, 1949.
4. Who ran the school that Grand Aunt attended?
(a) French protestants.
(b) Catholic nuns.
(c) American Methodists.
(d) British Congregationalists.
5. How much did Father pay Gregory and James to work for him?
(a) $200 a month.
(b) $300 a month.
(c) $250 a month.
(d) $350 a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hong Kong ceded to the British?
2. When were some of Adeline's more idealistic contemporaries asked to leave Britain?
3. When did Adeline leave England and return to Hong Kong?
4. How old was Adeline's grand aunt when she refused to have her feet bound?
5. What type of vehicle did Adeline buy so she could see Byron on weekends?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)