|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had it been since Adeline and her siblings been together when they gathered for the reading of her father's will?
(a) 27 years.
(b) Nearly 40 years.
(c) Almost 30 years.
(d) 35 years.
2. When did Samuel Sung return to China after studying in America?
3. Where did Adeline sleep the few times she was allowed to go home when she lived at Sacred Heart?
(a) On the floor in a back hall.
(b) In a closet.
(c) Ye Ye's room.
(d) In a small room with a maid.
4. When did the Red Army triumphantly enter Shanghai?
(a) May 25, 1949.
(b) July 3, 1949.
(c) June 12, 1949.
(d) August 18, 1949.
5. How old was Franklin when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much extra would parents pay a month so their daughters could get extra food at Sacred Heart?
2. How old was Adeline when two events occurred that worsened her relationship with Niang?
3. When did Adeline's father die?
4. How many years did Grand Aunt work for the Bank of Shanghai?
5. Upon what river was Grand Aunt's hometown situated?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)