|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall was Grand Aunt?
(a) 5 ft. 2 in.
(b) 5 ft. 4 in.
(c) 4 ft. 11 in.
(d) 5 ft. 7 in.
2. How much money did Adeline receive from her father annually?
(a) 400 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 600 pounds.
(d) 700 pounds.
3. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
(b) Hong Kong.
4. When did the Red Army triumphantly enter Shanghai?
(a) May 25, 1949.
(b) July 3, 1949.
(c) August 18, 1949.
(d) June 12, 1949.
5. When did Britain demand and receive a 99 year lease on the Kowloon peninsula?
Short Answer Questions
1. After she was elected class president, who ran into Adeline when she was sitting on the stairs waiting for Aunt Baba to come home?
2. What was the name of the dog trainer who trained Jackie?
3. How much money was Lydia given for her dowry?
4. How old was Grandmother when she died?
5. After the collapse of the Kumomintang army in Manchuria, by how much did Tianjin's population swell?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)