|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what restaurant was Adeline allowed to eat in Chapter 8?
(a) A restaurant at the Mainland Hotel.
(b) A restaurant at the Peninsula Hotel.
(c) The Manhattan.
(d) The Bistro.
2. When did Ciang Kai-shek resign as President of the Republic?
(a) April 6, 1949.
(b) February 12, 1949.
(c) March 18, 1949.
(d) January 21, 1949.
3. How long was the traditional Buddhist mourning period?
(a) 150 days.
(b) 50 days.
(c) 75 days.
(d) 100 days.
4. From where did Samuel Sung earn a master's degree?
(a) Notre Dame University.
(b) Drake University.
(c) Michigan State.
(d) Purdue University.
5. When did Samuel Sung return to China after studying in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the wedding, how long was it before Adeline saw her sister again?
2. After his marriage to Ren, what type of car did Joseph buy for himself?
3. How old was Grandmother when she died?
4. When was Adeline's grand aunt born?
5. When were all Chinese to turn in their old banknotes, gold, silver, and foreign currency?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)