|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date at the beginning of the book?
(a) June 30, 1988.
(b) March 24, 1988.
(c) April 15, 1988.
(d) May 19, 1988.
2. To what ages of children was a play writing competition open that Adeline entered?
3. How much money was Lydia given for her dowry?
4. When did Ciang Kai-shek resign as President of the Republic?
(a) January 21, 1949.
(b) April 6, 1949.
(c) February 12, 1949.
(d) March 18, 1949.
5. On the train, how long a journey was it for Aunt Baba to go from Shanghai to Tianjin?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ye Ye married, how old was his bride?
2. How many times was Adeline allowed to go home when she lived at Sacred Heart?
3. When did Lydia and Samuel return to Tianjin?
4. When did Father, Niang, Franklin, and Susan leave for Hong Kong ahead of the Communists?
5. After the collapse of the Kumomintang army in Manchuria, by how much did Tianjin's population swell?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)