|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of a play that Adeline wrote?
(a) The Orchard.
(b) Gone with the Locusts.
(c) Grasshopper War.
(d) The Bank.
2. When did the Manchu dynasty come to an end?
(a) September 15, 1911.
(b) October 10, 1911.
(c) August 18, 1911.
(d) July 13, 1911.
3. What was the name of the ocean liner that James and Adeline sailed on when they went to England?
(a) SS China.
(b) SS Canton.
(c) SS Baradine.
(d) SS Arcadia.
4. How old was Miss Chien when Joseph and Niang fled to Hong Kong?
5. How long after Grandmother's death, were Adeline, Lydia, Gregory, and Edgar taken to the train station?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Seven weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Grand Aunt?
2. How many times was Adeline allowed to go home when she lived at Sacred Heart?
3. What is the date at the beginning of the book?
4. How old was Samuel when he and Lydia married?
5. When did James and Adeline sail to England?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)