|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Manchu dynasty come to an end?
(a) August 18, 1911.
(b) July 13, 1911.
(c) September 15, 1911.
(d) October 10, 1911.
2. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
(b) Hong Kong.
3. What is the date at the beginning of the book?
(a) June 30, 1988.
(b) May 19, 1988.
(c) April 15, 1988.
(d) March 24, 1988.
4. Where did Adeline's father die?
(a) Kowloon Sanatorium.
(b) Community Hospital.
(c) Hong Kong Sanatorium.
(d) Memorial Hospital.
5. How old was Adeline when two events occurred that worsened her relationship with Niang?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money had Baba given Adeline that Adeline intended to use for a school mate's birthday present?
2. When Ye Ye married, how old was his bride?
3. What time did Adeline and her siblings gather to hear the reading of their father's will?
4. What was the name of the dog trainer who trained Jackie?
5. Who ran the school that Grand Aunt attended?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)