|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many civilians and prisoners of war were tortured and killed during the Rape of Nanking?
2. How much of Niang's estate did Adleine receive?
(a) 5 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 15 percent.
3. What is the date at the beginning of the book?
(a) March 24, 1988.
(b) April 15, 1988.
(c) June 30, 1988.
(d) May 19, 1988.
4. How much of her salary did Aunt Baba give Ye Ye?
5. What time did Adeline and her siblings gather to hear the reading of their father's will?
(a) 4:30 p.m.
(b) 3:30 p.m.
(c) 2:30 p.m.
(d) 5:30 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hong Kong ceded to the British?
2. When did Adeline and Bob travel to Hong Kong and China with an organized tour group?
3. How many children did the Shanghai police once find chained to the wall of a tin factory?
4. When did Ye Ye die?
5. When were all Chinese to turn in their old banknotes, gold, silver, and foreign currency?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)