|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the collapse of the Kumomintang army in Manchuria, by how much did Tianjin's population swell?
(a) 20 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 15 percent.
(d) 5 percent.
2. When did Father, Niang, Franklin, and Susan leave for Hong Kong ahead of the Communists?
(a) December, 1948.
(b) January, 1949.
(c) February, 1949.
(d) November, 1948.
3. When did Lydia and Samuel return to Tianjin?
4. How old was Grandmother when she died?
5. When did Adeline's father die?
(a) April 10, 1988.
(b) March 20, 1988.
(c) June 24, 1988.
(d) May 13, 1988.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much extra would parents pay a month so their daughters could get extra food at Sacred Heart?
2. Where did Adeline sleep the few times she was allowed to go home when she lived at Sacred Heart?
3. To what ages of children was a play writing competition open that Adeline entered?
4. After his marriage to Ren, what type of car did Joseph buy for himself?
5. How many eggs did Gregory use to make an omelet when Father and Niang went to Tianjin?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)