|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Grandmother's death, were Adeline, Lydia, Gregory, and Edgar taken to the train station?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
2. How many eggs did Gregory use to make an omelet when Father and Niang went to Tianjin?
3. What did Adeline name her little duckling?
(a) Precious Little Treasure.
(c) Little Quack.
(d) Little One.
4. How much money had Baba given Adeline that Adeline intended to use for a school mate's birthday present?
(a) 20 nickels.
(b) 5 dimes.
(c) Silver dollar.
(d) Gold dollar.
5. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
(d) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Adeline earn a month during her internship at St. Mary's Hospital?
2. When did Byron decide to buy a restaurant?
3. When did Father move his enamelware factory to Nigeria?
4. Where did Aunt Reine, Uncle Jean, and their family go after they left Hong Kong?
5. At what restaurant was Adeline allowed to eat in Chapter 8?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)