|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did the Shanghai police once find chained to the wall of a tin factory?
2. How old was Miss Chien when Joseph and Niang fled to Hong Kong?
3. Where did Adeline receive an offer of an obstetrics residency in America?
(a) University of Iowa in Iowa City.
(b) Memorial Hospital in New York.
(c) Presbyterian Hospital in Philadelphia.
(d) Duke University in Durham.
4. What is the date at the beginning of the book?
(a) March 24, 1988.
(b) June 30, 1988.
(c) May 19, 1988.
(d) April 15, 1988.
5. When did the Manchu dynasty come to an end?
(a) October 10, 1911.
(b) July 13, 1911.
(c) September 15, 1911.
(d) August 18, 1911.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Father become a naturalized British citizen?
2. After his marriage to Ren, what type of car did Joseph buy for himself?
3. When Adeline arrived in America, how long had Byron been renting a room from Martin?
4. When was Roger born?
5. How much did Adeline receive a month during her obstetrics residency?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)