|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date at the beginning of the book?
(a) May 19, 1988.
(b) April 15, 1988.
(c) March 24, 1988.
(d) June 30, 1988.
2. When did Father, Niang, Franklin, and Susan leave for Hong Kong ahead of the Communists?
(a) January, 1949.
(b) December, 1948.
(c) November, 1948.
(d) February, 1949.
3. When did Adeline attend a concert with H. H.?
4. In what type of cemetery was Joseph buried?
5. After Byron tore up the house and left it a mess, what time did he return?
(a) 6 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Samuel when he and Lydia married?
2. What company offered Byron a job?
3. On the train, how long a journey was it for Aunt Baba to go from Shanghai to Tianjin?
4. What nationalities were Jeanne's parents?
5. What color bedspread was Lydia given when she moved down to the first floor?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)