|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Adeline's family members visited her when she was in the hospital with pneumonia?
(c) Ye Ye.
2. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
(a) New York.
(b) University of Taiwan.
(c) University of Hong Kong.
3. When did Father, Niang, Franklin, and Susan leave for Hong Kong ahead of the Communists?
(a) November, 1948.
(b) December, 1948.
(c) February, 1949.
(d) January, 1949.
4. How much money did Adeline receive from her father annually?
(a) 700 pounds.
(b) 600 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 400 pounds.
5. What did Adeline name her little duckling?
(a) Little Quack.
(b) Little One.
(c) Precious Little Treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Gregory and Edgar living when James and Adeline arrived in London?
2. How long was the traditional Buddhist mourning period?
3. How old was Grandmother when she died?
4. After the wedding, how long was it before Adeline saw her sister again?
5. What company offered Byron a job?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)