|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she was elected class president, who ran into Adeline when she was sitting on the stairs waiting for Aunt Baba to come home?
2. What was the name of James' wife?
3. What was the name of a play that Adeline wrote?
(a) Gone with the Locusts.
(b) The Bank.
(c) The Orchard.
(d) Grasshopper War.
4. After the wedding, how long was it before Adeline saw her sister again?
(a) 31 years.
(b) 32 years.
(c) 29 years.
(d) 30 years.
5. What was Byron's salary when they moved to California?
(a) $900 a month.
(b) $750 a month.
(c) $850 a month.
(d) $800 a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Adeline receive an offer of an obstetrics residency in America?
2. How old was Adeline when her brothers taught her to play bridge?
3. When were some of Adeline's more idealistic contemporaries asked to leave Britain?
4. When did Chairman Mao proclaim the founding of the People's Republic or China?
5. When did Samuel Sung return to China after studying in America?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)