|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
(a) University of Taiwan.
(b) University of Hong Kong.
(d) New York.
2. How much money had Baba given Adeline that Adeline intended to use for a school mate's birthday present?
(a) 20 nickels.
(b) 5 dimes.
(c) Silver dollar.
(d) Gold dollar.
3. How many cinemas did Tianjin have?
4. When did Father, Niang, Franklin, and Susan leave for Hong Kong ahead of the Communists?
(a) December, 1948.
(b) November, 1948.
(c) January, 1949.
(d) February, 1949.
5. What nationalities were Jeanne's parents?
(a) British and Chinese.
(b) French and Chinese.
(c) Spanish and Chinese.
(d) American and Chinese.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was the eastern side of Grand Aunt's hometown from the Pacific Ocean?
2. On the train, how long a journey was it for Aunt Baba to go from Shanghai to Tianjin?
3. How much money was Lydia given for her dowry?
4. Where did Adeline receive an offer of an obstetrics residency in America?
5. Where was Adeline's grand aunt born?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)