|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was Lydia given for her dowry?
2. In Chapter 18, where were the college friends from that Byron invited to dinner?
(a) New York.
(b) University of Taiwan.
(c) University of Hong Kong.
3. How many eggs did Gregory use to make an omelet when Father and Niang went to Tianjin?
4. In 1942, where did Joseph go when the Japanese started demanding profits from his business?
(d) Hong Kong.
5. What time did Adeline and her siblings gather to hear the reading of their father's will?
(a) 3:30 p.m.
(b) 2:30 p.m.
(c) 4:30 p.m.
(d) 5:30 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Adeline's friend who sat on Adeline's left at meals?
2. When did Father become a naturalized British citizen?
3. Where did Lydia, her husband, and his parents flee in January 1949?
4. How old was Adeline's mother when she died?
5. How long after Grandmother's death, were Adeline, Lydia, Gregory, and Edgar taken to the train station?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)