• In the prologue, Adeline and her siblings were waiting to hear the reading of their father's will at an attorney's office.
• They were told not to read the will past the front page, and they did as they were told.
• At the request of their stepmother, the lawyer told them that their father's estate had no money, and they inherited nothing.
• Adeline began to retell the story of her ancestry to explain why she and her siblings obeyed their stepmother without question.
• In Chapter 1, Adeline told the story of her grand aunt who, when she was three, bucked tradition by refusing to have her feet bound.
• Grand Aunt, Adeline's grandfather, Ye Ye, and the other members of the family lived in Shanghai.
• Women's Bank was founded by Grand Aunt.
• This bank catered to the needs of women and was successful because there women were treated better...
This section contains 3,700 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)