Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is waiting for Richie when he enters one of the huts in the recently pacified village?
2. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
3. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
4. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
5. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
Essay Topic 1
Even though race was a major issue with many of the soldiers in Richie's squad, the frost between the races began to thaw as the novel progressed.
Part 1) Explain the division of race that was present when Richie first entered his squad.
Part 2) Describe the ways that the tension between the races began to dissipate as the novel progressed.
Part 3) Explain why race cannot be a factor when a military squad is in battle.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, many myths of what happens to a good, or strong, soldier are presented. Chose two military myths that were presented in the novel, and explain the ways that the reality of war in Richie's experience dispelled those myths.
Essay Topic 3
War movies are a major theme throughout the novel.
Part 1) Explain the relationship that Lobel has with Hollywood and describe the way that it affects his fighting.
Part 2) Describe the ways that war movies romanticize soldiers.
Part 3) Describe the way that "Fallen Angels' dispels the myths of war romanticism
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)