Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is waiting for Richie when he enters one of the huts in the recently pacified village?
2. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
3. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
4. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
5. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
Throughout the novel, many myths of what happens to a good, or strong, soldier are presented. Chose two military myths that were presented in the novel, and explain the ways that the reality of war in Richie's experience dispelled those myths.
In the novel, the reader sees Richie's view of family shift after he makes relationships with other soldiers in his squad.
Part 1) Describe Richie's relationship with his family back home before he enlists in the army.
Part 2) Describe the fantasies that Richie has about family while he is in Vietnam.
Part 3) Describe the way that Peewee, and other soldiers in the squad, fill in for blood family while Richie is away.
The idea of heroism is present alongside the romanticism of soldiers. Choose two soldiers in the novel and describe the vocalizations these soldiers raise about heroism. Then, compare/contrast those vocalizations to the actual reactions the soldier see when they are faced with moments of heroism.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)