Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is waiting for Richie when he enters one of the huts in the recently pacified village?
2. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
3. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
4. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
5. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
Even though race was a major issue with many of the soldiers in Richie's squad, the frost between the races began to thaw as the novel progressed.
Part 1) Explain the division of race that was present when Richie first entered his squad.
Part 2) Describe the ways that the tension between the races began to dissipate as the novel progressed.
Part 3) Explain why race cannot be a factor when a military squad is in battle.
All of the soldiers see great traumas during their time in Vietnam, and each of the soldiers has their own coping mechanism. Choose two soldiers from the novel describe the scenes that most affected them during their time in service. Then, briefly compare/contrast their coping mechanisms.
In the beginning of the novel, Rings makes a bizarre offer to RIchie and Peewee in order to cement their brotherhood.
Part 1) Describe the offer that RIngs presented and his reasoning behind it.
Part 2) Explain the ritual that Peewee and Richie partook in to cement their own brotherhood.
Part 3) Explain the way that Peewee and RIchie's ritual stuck with them throughout their time in war, and what it meant to them.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)