|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which soldier accidentally releases a flare during a fight, revealing the position of the troops?
2. How many of the three soldiers--Peewee, Richie, and the captive--are able to escape the Vietnamese troops?
3. When the Vietcong are hiding under the water, what are they breathing with?
4. What type of soldier does the new lieutenant like to put in the most dangerous military positions?
5. Who is loaded onto the helicopter with Richie after he has been shot?
Essay Topic 1
War movies are a major theme throughout the novel.
Part 1) Explain the relationship that Lobel has with Hollywood and describe the way that it affects his fighting.
Part 2) Describe the ways that war movies romanticize soldiers.
Part 3) Describe the way that "Fallen Angels' dispels the myths of war romanticism
Essay Topic 2
Many of the soldiers in the novel have big dreams for themselves when they get out of the army. Choose three soldiers from Richie's squad and explain what their dreams for the future are. Then, explain how these dreams affected the soldiers' performance in battle.
Essay Topic 3
The dog tags of the soldiers are powerful symbols for their identification in the military. Describe the ways that the dog tags are used throughout the novel and explain the significance of the moment when all the dog tags of the fallen soldiers are lost.
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)