Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is waiting for Richie when he enters one of the huts in the recently pacified village?
2. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
3. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
4. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
5. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
In the beginning of the novel, Rings makes a bizarre offer to RIchie and Peewee in order to cement their brotherhood.
Part 1) Describe the offer that RIngs presented and his reasoning behind it.
Part 2) Explain the ritual that Peewee and Richie partook in to cement their own brotherhood.
Part 3) Explain the way that Peewee and RIchie's ritual stuck with them throughout their time in war, and what it meant to them.
Richie's medical records float through the novel, appearing regularly to remind the reader how unorganized then military office is during the war. Briefly explain what the medical records meant to Richie, and how their inability to be locked down led the reader to see the chaos and uncertainty of war.
Many of the soldiers in the novel have big dreams for themselves when they get out of the army. Choose three soldiers from Richie's squad and explain what their dreams for the future are. Then, explain how these dreams affected the soldiers' performance in battle.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)