Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is waiting for Richie when he enters one of the huts in the recently pacified village?
2. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
3. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
4. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
5. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
Throughout this novel, the theme of innocence is presented through the soldiers' naivety. Briefly describe one scene that highlights the innocence of one or more of the soldiers. Then describe the way that the novel functions as a testament to the loss of youth through war.
War movies are a major theme throughout the novel.
Part 1) Explain the relationship that Lobel has with Hollywood and describe the way that it affects his fighting.
Part 2) Describe the ways that war movies romanticize soldiers.
Part 3) Describe the way that "Fallen Angels' dispels the myths of war romanticism
Richie struggles, through much of the novel, to differentiate the difference between the "good guys" and the "bad guys" in war. Explain Richie's though process and how its changed over his time in Vietnam. Then briefly explain how the novel presents the idea of what is "good" and "bad" about war.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)