|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richie tell Kenny in the letter he writes about the Vietcong soldier?
(a) Richie is unable to write his brother a letter.
(b) That the soldier deserved to die because he attacked Richie first.
(c) That the soldier deserved to die for being communist.
(d) That the soldier deserved to die because he was a "bad guy."
2. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
3. Which soldier promises to come to Richie and Peewee's aid if problems arise in camp over their new lieutenant?
4. What is the name of the character sent in to replace Sergeant Simpson?
(a) Lieutenant Drager.
(b) Lieutenant Doyle.
(c) Lieutenant Dongan.
(d) Lieutenant Donnahue.
5. What does Richie do when Brew is dying?
(a) Prays with him.
(b) Tells him a funny joke.
(c) Promises to write a letter to his mother.
(d) Holds his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Richie's life in the hospital?
2. Who are the Vietnamese soldiers holding as bait, trying to encourage the chopper to arrive?
3. When the Vietcong are hiding under the water, what are they breathing with?
4. How does Richie get away from the fight after he has been shot?
5. When Richie thinks about going AWOL, what country does he plan to run to?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)