|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Johnson's advice to Richie when they are discussing the war protesters?
(a) To stop worrying about the Vietnamese and start worrying about the Americans.
(b) To stop worrying about staying alive and start worrying about the bigger issues.
(c) To stop worrying about the bigger issues and just worry about staying alive.
(d) To stop worrying about the Americans and start worrying about the Vietnamese.
2. What is the name of the soldier who is mortally wounded during the same fight in which Richie is shot?
3. Which of the following best describes the fight in which the troops is attempting to reclaim Vietnamese land?
(c) Well organized.
4. Which character strongly wishes he had a wife a kids waiting for him at home?
5. Which soldier admits that he wanted to run to Canada when he heard he was drafted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Vietnamese allies want the American troops to help them capture?
2. What does the squad advise the soldier, whose girlfriend proposed marriage, to do?
3. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
4. What do the American soldiers remove from the dead soldiers to keep the enemy from identifying them?
5. After Richie and Peewee are separated from their squad, where do they spend the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Richie realize that Johnson would have been a natural-born leader?
2. Why do the rescue choppers open fire on the Vietnamese allies?
3. How does it come to be that Richie is shot?
4. Who is with Brew when he dies?
5. What offer does Gearhart make for the troops, when it is realized that the squads are unequally staffed?
6. What does Richie do with his Purple Heart?
7. What happens when the Vietnamese allies want the American troops to help them capture a crucial hill?
8. How does Monaco escape the clutches of the Vietnamese soldiers?
9. How does Richie kill his first Vietcong soldier, and what is his reaction to the killing?
10. What happens when the allies bring in a Vietnamese mother and her two small children found wandering around the rice paddies?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)