|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the American soldiers do to the bodies of their dead soldiers to prevent the enemy from mutilating them?
(a) Carry the bodies home with them.
(b) Burn the bodies.
(c) Drown the bodies.
(d) Bury the bodies.
2. Why doesn't the grenade that Richie throws into the Vietnamese hut explode?
(a) Because the grenade was old.
(b) Because the hut was already on fire.
(c) Because the powder was wet.
(d) Because he forgets to pull the pin.
3. Which character gets into a power struggle with Stewart, telling the men to follow him when Stewart tells them all to stay down?
4. How does Richie get away from the fight after he has been shot?
(a) He crawls on his knees.
(b) He runs on sheer adrenaline.
(c) He does not leave the scene after he is shot.
(d) He is carried out by another soldier.
5. In Earlene's letter to Richie, what does she apologize for?
(a) Not praying for him anymore.
(b) Not writing as often as promised.
(c) Going on a date with another man.
(d) Marrying another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is waiting for Richie when he enters one of the huts in the recently pacified village?
2. At the end of the fight over land in Vietnam, what is dropped by jet plane into the clearing?
3. What does Richie think that his time in the hospital has done to him?
4. What does Richie tell Kenny in the letter he writes about the Vietcong soldier?
5. Whose decision is it to extend the troop's tour of duty for an additional thirty days?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)