|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the character sent in to replace Sergeant Simpson?
(a) Lieutenant Dongan.
(b) Lieutenant Drager.
(c) Lieutenant Doyle.
(d) Lieutenant Donnahue.
2. Which of the following soldiers does NOT have a letter from Gearhart to his wife in their possession?
3. Which soldier accidentally releases a flare during a fight, revealing the position of the troops?
(a) Sergeant Simpson.
(b) Lieutenant Gearhart.
(c) Lieutenant Doyle.
(d) Captain Stewart.
4. Whose nineteenth birthday is celebrated by the troops when they return from the mission in the Vietnamese village?
5. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Vietcong are hiding under the water, what are they breathing with?
2. After Richie and Peewee are separated from their squad, where do they spend the night?
3. Who is the first to open fire on the Vietnamese soldiers, allowing the chopper to land safely?
4. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
5. Who is the highest ranking soldier among Richie's squad?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Richie and Peewee separated from the rest of their troop?
2. What conversation does Richie get into with Johnson about the war protesters?
3. When does Richie realize that Johnson would have been a natural-born leader?
4. How does Monaco escape the clutches of the Vietnamese soldiers?
5. What do the American soldiers see when they return to the village in Vietnam that they had recently tried to pacify?
6. How does it come to be that Richie is shot?
7. What happens when the Vietnamese allies want the American troops to help them capture a crucial hill?
8. What power struggle arises between Johnson and Stewart in the battlefield of the reclaimed hill?
9. What happens when the allies bring in a Vietnamese mother and her two small children found wandering around the rice paddies?
10. Who is with Brew when he dies?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)