|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Tuner's parents?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(c) Lieutenant Doyle.
2. What American holiday is approaching at the same time as the Vietnamese New Year?
(a) Valentine's Day.
3. After the trauma of visiting the recently pacified Vietnamese village, whose bed does Richie sleep in for comfort?
4. What offer does Gearhart give the soldiers to keep them safe?
(a) To choose their next leader or leave it up to the administration.
(b) To use machine guns or grenades.
(c) To split up or stay together.
(d) To travel to southern or northern Vietnam.
5. Which soldier's girlfriend sends him a letter proposing marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the fight over land in Vietnam, what is dropped by jet plane into the clearing?
2. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
3. What type of soldier does the new lieutenant like to put in the most dangerous military positions?
4. What is the name of the Vietnamese New Year?
5. When Richie thinks about going AWOL, what country does he plan to run to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the American soldiers see when they return to the village in Vietnam that they had recently tried to pacify?
2. Who is with Brew when he dies?
3. How do the American soldiers prepare the bodies of their fallen soldiers so that the enemy cannot mutilate them?
4. How are Richie and Peewee separated from the rest of their troop?
5. What does Richie do with his Purple Heart?
6. When does Richie realize that Johnson would have been a natural-born leader?
7. Why do the rescue choppers open fire on the Vietnamese allies?
8. How does Monaco escape the clutches of the Vietnamese soldiers?
9. In Kenny's letter to Richie about Johnny Robinson, what does he say?
10. What race relation issues come to light during the time of Vietnamese Tet?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)