|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Vietnamese allies turn against the American troops?
(a) Because they believe the American soldiers are racist.
(b) Because they want to be evacuated first.
(c) Because they were enemy soldiers in disguise.
(d) Because they believe the war in Vietnam is no longer just.
2. After Richie and Peewee are separated from their squad, where do they spend the night?
(a) Inside a burned-out hut.
(b) In a hole.
(c) Up in a tree.
(d) In the reeds of a swamp.
3. What reason does Captain Stewart give to the soldiers as to why they will be going on a reconnaissance mission?
(a) Lt. Gearhart needs more training.
(b) The mission is their safest option.
(c) He wants to kill more Vietcong soldiers.
(d) He didn't know that their squad had been volunteered.
4. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
5. Who are the Vietnamese soldiers holding as bait, trying to encourage the chopper to arrive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Tuner's parents?
2. Which character wakes up in the middle of the night with terrible, screaming nightmares?
3. What does Richie tell Kenny in the letter he writes about the Vietcong soldier?
4. What is attached to the young Vietnamese child that Peewee makes a doll for?
5. What character is Richie reunited with when he is resting in the hospital?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)