|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Vietnamese New Year?
2. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
3. What offer does Gearhart give the soldiers to keep them safe?
(a) To use machine guns or grenades.
(b) To travel to southern or northern Vietnam.
(c) To split up or stay together.
(d) To choose their next leader or leave it up to the administration.
4. Which soldier is approached by Lt. Dongan asking if Lobel is a homosexual?
5. What character is Richie reunited with when he is resting in the hospital?
(b) Judy Duncan.
(c) Lieutenant Gearhart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT seen by the American soldiers returning to the recently pacified village?
2. How does Richie get away from the fight after he has been shot?
3. What is waiting for Richie when he enters one of the huts in the recently pacified village?
4. Whose nineteenth birthday is celebrated by the troops when they return from the mission in the Vietnamese village?
5. What reason does Captain Stewart give to the soldiers as to why they will be going on a reconnaissance mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Richie realize that Johnson would have been a natural-born leader?
2. How does Richie explain the shooting of the Vietcong soldier to his brother, Kenny?
3. How does Monaco escape the clutches of the Vietnamese soldiers?
4. What conversation does Richie get into with Johnson about the war protesters?
5. How are Richie and Peewee separated from the rest of their troop?
6. How does it come to be that Richie is shot?
7. What offer does Gearhart make for the troops, when it is realized that the squads are unequally staffed?
8. How does Richie kill his first Vietcong soldier, and what is his reaction to the killing?
9. In Kenny's letter to Richie about Johnny Robinson, what does he say?
10. What does Richie do with his Purple Heart?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)