|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which soldier accidentally releases a flare during a fight, revealing the position of the troops?
(a) Lieutenant Gearhart.
(b) Lieutenant Doyle.
(c) Captain Stewart.
(d) Sergeant Simpson.
2. Which soldier freezes in sudden panic and needs Gearhart to scream him back into obedience?
3. After Richie and Peewee are separated from their squad, where do they spend the night?
(a) Up in a tree.
(b) Inside a burned-out hut.
(c) In a hole.
(d) In the reeds of a swamp.
4. Which of the following is NOT seen by the American soldiers returning to the recently pacified village?
(a) Screaming children.
(b) Mutilated bodies.
(c) Waiting Vietcong soldiers.
(d) Burnt huts.
5. What is the name of the soldier killed when the American troop's location is accidentally revealed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Richie's life in the hospital?
2. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
3. What offer does Gearhart give the soldiers to keep them safe?
4. What do the American soldiers do to the bodies of their dead soldiers to prevent the enemy from mutilating them?
5. Which character gets into a power struggle with Stewart, telling the men to follow him when Stewart tells them all to stay down?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richie explain the shooting of the Vietcong soldier to his brother, Kenny?
2. How are Richie and Peewee separated from the rest of their troop?
3. How does it come to be that Richie is shot?
4. How do the American soldiers prepare the bodies of their fallen soldiers so that the enemy cannot mutilate them?
5. What race relation issues come to light during the time of Vietnamese Tet?
6. Why do the rescue choppers open fire on the Vietnamese allies?
7. What does Richie do with his Purple Heart?
8. What happens during the Lieutenant Gearhart's first reconnaissance mission in Vietnam?
9. What power struggle arises between Johnson and Stewart in the battlefield of the reclaimed hill?
10. How does Monaco escape the clutches of the Vietnamese soldiers?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)