|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which soldier is approached by Lt. Dongan asking if Lobel is a homosexual?
2. Which of the following best describes Richie's life in the hospital?
3. What type of award is Richie given from the army after his injuries?
(a) A purple heart.
(b) A blue heart.
(c) A gold heart.
(d) A silver heart.
4. Which of the following soldiers does NOT have a letter from Gearhart to his wife in their possession?
5. Which character strongly wishes he had a wife a kids waiting for him at home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character sent in to replace Sergeant Simpson?
2. After Richie's discussion with Johnson about the war protestors, what does he fall asleep thinking about?
3. What is the name of the soldier killed when the American troop's location is accidentally revealed?
4. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
5. At the end of the fight over land in Vietnam, what is dropped by jet plane into the clearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the American soldiers prepare the bodies of their fallen soldiers so that the enemy cannot mutilate them?
2. Why do the rescue choppers open fire on the Vietnamese allies?
3. What offer does Gearhart make for the troops, when it is realized that the squads are unequally staffed?
4. How does Monaco escape the clutches of the Vietnamese soldiers?
5. What do the American soldiers see when they return to the village in Vietnam that they had recently tried to pacify?
6. How does Richie kill his first Vietcong soldier, and what is his reaction to the killing?
7. What does Richie do with his Purple Heart?
8. What is the reaction among the troops when the newspaper arrives with photos of war protesters burning their draft cards?
9. What race relation issues come to light during the time of Vietnamese Tet?
10. What happens when the allies bring in a Vietnamese mother and her two small children found wandering around the rice paddies?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)