|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following soldiers does NOT have a letter from Gearhart to his wife in their possession?
2. How does Richie feel when he is running to escape the fighting in the village?
(a) As though there is someone else running in his body.
(b) As though he is the fastest man on earth.
(c) As though his legs are made of concrete.
(d) As though he cannot keep up with the other soldiers.
3. During a fight with Vietnamese soldiers, where is Richie shot?
(a) In his back.
(b) In his neck.
(c) In his leg.
(d) In his stomach.
4. Which of the following best describes the fight in which the troops is attempting to reclaim Vietnamese land?
(b) Well organized.
5. What does Richie think that his time in the hospital has done to him?
(a) Alienated him from his troop.
(b) Hardened him to war.
(c) Made him a target for the enemy.
(d) Softened him to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Vietnamese allies turn against the American troops?
2. What character is Richie reunited with when he is resting in the hospital?
3. Who writes a letter to Tuner's parents?
4. What is the name of the soldier killed when the American troop's location is accidentally revealed?
5. When the Vietcong are hiding under the water, what are they breathing with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What race relation issues come to light during the time of Vietnamese Tet?
2. What happens during the Lieutenant Gearhart's first reconnaissance mission in Vietnam?
3. How are Richie and Peewee separated from the rest of their troop?
4. What letter does Gearhart give to Richie and Walowick to hold onto?
5. How does Monaco escape the clutches of the Vietnamese soldiers?
6. What does Richie do with his Purple Heart?
7. What conversation does Richie get into with Johnson about the war protesters?
8. Who is with Brew when he dies?
9. Where do Richie and Peewee spend the night when they are separated from their squad, and how do they find their way there?
10. What power struggle arises between Johnson and Stewart in the battlefield of the reclaimed hill?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)