|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Johnson's advice to Richie when they are discussing the war protesters?
(a) To stop worrying about the Vietnamese and start worrying about the Americans.
(b) To stop worrying about the Americans and start worrying about the Vietnamese.
(c) To stop worrying about the bigger issues and just worry about staying alive.
(d) To stop worrying about staying alive and start worrying about the bigger issues.
2. Which character gets into a power struggle with Stewart, telling the men to follow him when Stewart tells them all to stay down?
3. Around the time of the Vietnamese New Year, what is happening on the streets of New York?
(a) Macy's day parade.
(b) Race riots.
(c) Vietnamese pride parades.
(d) War protests.
4. What is the name of the soldier who is mortally wounded during the same fight in which Richie is shot?
5. Who opens fire on the Vietnamese soldiers?
(a) The recovery tanks.
(b) The rescue helicopters.
(c) The front line soldiers.
(d) No one opens fire on the Vietnamese ally soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Gearhart give the soldiers to keep them safe?
2. What reason does Captain Stewart give to the soldiers as to why they will be going on a reconnaissance mission?
3. Which soldier's girlfriend sends him a letter proposing marriage?
4. At the end of the fight over land in Vietnam, what is dropped by jet plane into the clearing?
5. What type of soldier does the new lieutenant like to put in the most dangerous military positions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richie kill his first Vietcong soldier, and what is his reaction to the killing?
2. What does Richie do with his Purple Heart?
3. Why do the rescue choppers open fire on the Vietnamese allies?
4. What is the reaction among the troops when the newspaper arrives with photos of war protesters burning their draft cards?
5. How are Richie and Peewee separated from the rest of their troop?
6. How does Monaco escape the clutches of the Vietnamese soldiers?
7. How do the American soldiers prepare the bodies of their fallen soldiers so that the enemy cannot mutilate them?
8. What power struggle arises between Johnson and Stewart in the battlefield of the reclaimed hill?
9. What happens during the Lieutenant Gearhart's first reconnaissance mission in Vietnam?
10. What letter does Gearhart give to Richie and Walowick to hold onto?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)