|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier's new base, that they are moved to under Lieutenant Gearhart's command?
(a) Tame Lie.
(b) Tram Yong.
(c) Tam Ly.
(d) Train Long.
2. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
(a) Richie is sure the Americans are the "good guys."
(b) Richie is sure the Vietcong are the "good guys."
(c) Richie is unsure who the "good guys" in the war are.
(d) Richie is sure that there are not "good guys" in the war.
3. Who is the highest ranking soldier among Richie's squad?
4. How many of the three soldiers--Peewee, Richie, and the captive--are able to escape the Vietnamese troops?
(a) Two of them.
(b) All three of them.
(c) One of them.
(d) None of them.
5. Which of the following best describes the fight in which the troops is attempting to reclaim Vietnamese land?
(d) Well organized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richie think that his time in the hospital has done to him?
2. What is attached to the young Vietnamese child that Peewee makes a doll for?
3. What type of award is Richie given from the army after his injuries?
4. During a fight with Vietnamese soldiers, where is Richie shot?
5. What does the squad advise the soldier, whose girlfriend proposed marriage, to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Richie realize that Johnson would have been a natural-born leader?
2. What offer does Gearhart make for the troops, when it is realized that the squads are unequally staffed?
3. What is the reaction among the troops when the newspaper arrives with photos of war protesters burning their draft cards?
4. What power struggle arises between Johnson and Stewart in the battlefield of the reclaimed hill?
5. What conversation does Richie get into with Johnson about the war protesters?
6. How are Richie and Peewee separated from the rest of their troop?
7. What happens during the Lieutenant Gearhart's first reconnaissance mission in Vietnam?
8. Where do Richie and Peewee spend the night when they are separated from their squad, and how do they find their way there?
9. How do the American soldiers prepare the bodies of their fallen soldiers so that the enemy cannot mutilate them?
10. What race relation issues come to light during the time of Vietnamese Tet?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)