|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the fight to reclaim Vietnamese land, what part of Dongan's body is blown off?
(a) His legs.
(b) His eyebrows.
(c) His nose.
(d) His arms.
2. Why do the Vietnamese allies turn against the American troops?
(a) Because they want to be evacuated first.
(b) Because they believe the American soldiers are racist.
(c) Because they believe the war in Vietnam is no longer just.
(d) Because they were enemy soldiers in disguise.
3. What character is Richie reunited with when he is resting in the hospital?
(a) Lieutenant Gearhart.
(d) Judy Duncan.
4. Which soldier freezes in sudden panic and needs Gearhart to scream him back into obedience?
5. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
(a) They played basketball together.
(b) They went to the same school.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) They went to church together.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
2. Which character strongly wishes he had a wife a kids waiting for him at home?
3. Of all the men in the squad, who is viewed as their leader, described as having "quiet good sense"?
4. What type of award is Richie given from the army after his injuries?
5. Why doesn't the grenade that Richie throws into the Vietnamese hut explode?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is with Brew when he dies?
2. What race relation issues come to light during the time of Vietnamese Tet?
3. Why do the rescue choppers open fire on the Vietnamese allies?
4. How do the American soldiers prepare the bodies of their fallen soldiers so that the enemy cannot mutilate them?
5. Where do Richie and Peewee spend the night when they are separated from their squad, and how do they find their way there?
6. How are Richie and Peewee separated from the rest of their troop?
7. What happens when the allies bring in a Vietnamese mother and her two small children found wandering around the rice paddies?
8. What power struggle arises between Johnson and Stewart in the battlefield of the reclaimed hill?
9. How does Monaco escape the clutches of the Vietnamese soldiers?
10. How does Richie kill his first Vietcong soldier, and what is his reaction to the killing?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)