|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
2. What does Richie do when Brew is dying?
(a) Tells him a funny joke.
(b) Prays with him.
(c) Holds his hand.
(d) Promises to write a letter to his mother.
3. What is attached to the young Vietnamese child that Peewee makes a doll for?
(a) A letter.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A flower.
(d) A lunch sack.
4. Which character wakes up in the middle of the night with terrible, screaming nightmares?
5. In the attempt to escape the Vietnamese troops, where is Richie shot?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the neck.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Vietnamese allies turn against the American troops?
2. Which soldier's girlfriend sends him a letter proposing marriage?
3. What type of soldier does the new lieutenant like to put in the most dangerous military positions?
4. What does the squad advise the soldier, whose girlfriend proposed marriage, to do?
5. Who opens fire on the Vietnamese soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What race relation issues come to light during the time of Vietnamese Tet?
2. What happens when the allies bring in a Vietnamese mother and her two small children found wandering around the rice paddies?
3. What conversation does Richie get into with Johnson about the war protesters?
4. What happens when the Vietnamese allies want the American troops to help them capture a crucial hill?
5. How does it come to be that Richie is shot?
6. What offer does Gearhart make for the troops, when it is realized that the squads are unequally staffed?
7. Why do the rescue choppers open fire on the Vietnamese allies?
8. What happens during the Lieutenant Gearhart's first reconnaissance mission in Vietnam?
9. What do the American soldiers see when they return to the village in Vietnam that they had recently tried to pacify?
10. How does Richie explain the shooting of the Vietcong soldier to his brother, Kenny?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)