|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the trauma of visiting the recently pacified Vietnamese village, whose bed does Richie sleep in for comfort?
2. What does Richie think that his time in the hospital has done to him?
(a) Made him a target for the enemy.
(b) Hardened him to war.
(c) Softened him to war.
(d) Alienated him from his troop.
3. Which soldier freezes in sudden panic and needs Gearhart to scream him back into obedience?
4. What character is Richie reunited with when he is resting in the hospital?
(c) Lieutenant Gearhart.
(d) Judy Duncan.
5. Which soldier promises to come to Richie and Peewee's aid if problems arise in camp over their new lieutenant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose decision is it to extend the troop's tour of duty for an additional thirty days?
2. Where do Richie and Peewee make their way to after being separated from the squad?
3. What is the name of the soldier's new base, that they are moved to under Lieutenant Gearhart's command?
4. What is Johnson's advice to Richie when they are discussing the war protesters?
5. Which of the following soldiers does NOT have a letter from Gearhart to his wife in their possession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What letter does Gearhart give to Richie and Walowick to hold onto?
2. How does Richie explain the shooting of the Vietcong soldier to his brother, Kenny?
3. What do the American soldiers see when they return to the village in Vietnam that they had recently tried to pacify?
4. How do the American soldiers prepare the bodies of their fallen soldiers so that the enemy cannot mutilate them?
5. In Kenny's letter to Richie about Johnny Robinson, what does he say?
6. When does Richie realize that Johnson would have been a natural-born leader?
7. What power struggle arises between Johnson and Stewart in the battlefield of the reclaimed hill?
8. What happens when the allies bring in a Vietnamese mother and her two small children found wandering around the rice paddies?
9. What happens when the Vietnamese allies want the American troops to help them capture a crucial hill?
10. How does Monaco escape the clutches of the Vietnamese soldiers?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)