|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
(a) They went to church together.
(b) They went to the same school.
(c) They played basketball together.
(d) They were cousins.
2. Whose nineteenth birthday is celebrated by the troops when they return from the mission in the Vietnamese village?
3. During the fight to reclaim Vietnamese land, what part of Dongan's body is blown off?
(a) His eyebrows.
(b) His nose.
(c) His legs.
(d) His arms.
4. What is waiting for Richie when he enters one of the huts in the recently pacified village?
(a) A starving puppy.
(b) A terrified kitten.
(c) A crying child.
(d) A Vietcong soldier.
5. After the trauma of visiting the recently pacified Vietnamese village, whose bed does Richie sleep in for comfort?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richie thinks about going AWOL, what country does he plan to run to?
2. Which of the following best describes Richie's life in the hospital?
3. Which of the following soldiers does NOT have a letter from Gearhart to his wife in their possession?
4. Who is loaded onto the helicopter with Richie after he has been shot?
5. After Richie's discussion with Johnson about the war protestors, what does he fall asleep thinking about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What power struggle arises between Johnson and Stewart in the battlefield of the reclaimed hill?
2. Who is with Brew when he dies?
3. How does Monaco escape the clutches of the Vietnamese soldiers?
4. How do the American soldiers prepare the bodies of their fallen soldiers so that the enemy cannot mutilate them?
5. What is the reaction among the troops when the newspaper arrives with photos of war protesters burning their draft cards?
6. Why do the rescue choppers open fire on the Vietnamese allies?
7. What happens during the Lieutenant Gearhart's first reconnaissance mission in Vietnam?
8. What offer does Gearhart make for the troops, when it is realized that the squads are unequally staffed?
9. How are Richie and Peewee separated from the rest of their troop?
10. What conversation does Richie get into with Johnson about the war protesters?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)