|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richie tell Kenny in the letter he writes about the Vietcong soldier?
(a) That the soldier deserved to die for being communist.
(b) That the soldier deserved to die because he attacked Richie first.
(c) Richie is unable to write his brother a letter.
(d) That the soldier deserved to die because he was a "bad guy."
2. What does Richie do when Brew is dying?
(a) Prays with him.
(b) Tells him a funny joke.
(c) Holds his hand.
(d) Promises to write a letter to his mother.
3. What is Johnson's advice to Richie when they are discussing the war protesters?
(a) To stop worrying about the Americans and start worrying about the Vietnamese.
(b) To stop worrying about the Vietnamese and start worrying about the Americans.
(c) To stop worrying about the bigger issues and just worry about staying alive.
(d) To stop worrying about staying alive and start worrying about the bigger issues.
4. Which soldier accidentally releases a flare during a fight, revealing the position of the troops?
(a) Lieutenant Gearhart.
(b) Lieutenant Doyle.
(c) Captain Stewart.
(d) Sergeant Simpson.
5. Which character wakes up in the middle of the night with terrible, screaming nightmares?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the fight to reclaim Vietnamese land, what part of Dongan's body is blown off?
2. Who writes a letter to Tuner's parents?
3. What type of award is Richie given from the army after his injuries?
4. What is waiting for Richie when he enters one of the huts in the recently pacified village?
5. Which character gets into a power struggle with Stewart, telling the men to follow him when Stewart tells them all to stay down?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)