|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Peewee and Richie wait before receiving their camp assignment?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Forty days.
(c) Twenty days.
(d) Two days.
2. What is Peewee's real name?
(a) Harold Gates.
(b) Henry Gates.
(c) Howard Gates.
(d) Humphry Gates.
3. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all black.
(b) Because they are all afraid.
(c) Because they are all poor.
(d) Because they are all in the same platoon.
4. From which soldier does Richie borrow a Bible so that he can read the Lord's prayer?
5. Which of the following does Richie NOT wonder about the dead Vietcong soldier?
(a) What his life in Vietnam was like.
(b) What his family was like.
(c) What his hopes for the future were.
(d) Whether or not he had children.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the prayer, what is Jenkins called?
2. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
3. Which member of Lobel's family is a film director?
4. What city is Peewee from?
5. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the new soldiers first night on patrol?
2. How do the more experienced soldiers feel when they see the new soldiers arriving?
3. Before the troops see any action, what does Richie think about the fighting?
4. What advice does Walowick give to Richie in regard to the dead Vietcong soldier?
5. What does Captain Stewart change about Monaco's kill report, and why?
6. What happens to Richie's knee, and why is he still sent to Vietnam?
7. How does RIchie cope with the trauma that he witnesses while on patrol with the Charlie Company?
8. Why is Richie sent on patrol with the Charlie Company?
9. What happens when Richie sees the body bags lined up at his base?
10. In Chapter 1, what sounds does Richie hear when he falls asleep at night, and how does he comfort himself in Vietnam?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)