|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
(a) A film camera.
(b) A black panther.
(c) His mother.
(d) The enemy.
2. In what state does Richard Perry live as a high school student?
(a) New York.
3. What is the name of the company that Richie is sent on patrol with after missing his own squad's patrol?
(a) Charlie Company.
(b) Champion Company.
(c) Cheese Company.
(d) Choo-Choo Company.
4. What does Jenkins tell Richie that he fears about being in the army?
(a) That he will love war.
(b) That he will have to kill others.
(c) That he won't be good at his job.
(d) That he will be killed.
5. When the racially charged argument is broken up, which character gets his tooth chipped?
(a) Sergeant Simpson.
(b) Lieutenant Boyle.
(c) Lieutenant Carroll.
(d) Captain Stewart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
2. Which soldier gets into a fight with the cook?
3. Which of the following best describes Richie's feelings during the ambush?
4. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
5. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Richie is out on patrol with the Charlie Company?
2. Why is Richie sent on patrol with the Charlie Company?
3. What happens to the soldiers while they are on a layover in Osaka, Japan?
4. How do the soldiers pass the time around the barracks when they have no missions to attend to?
5. What is the reaction of the soldiers when they receive their assignments to be moved to Chu Lia?
6. How does RIchie cope with the trauma that he witnesses while on patrol with the Charlie Company?
7. While they are on patrol together, what does Richie tell Lobel about his letter-writing problems, and what is Lobel's response?
8. During the slow days, what does Richie learn about his fellow soldiers Brew, Lobel, and Monaco?
9. What news does Peewee receive from home in a letter from Earlene?
10. What advice does Walowick give to Richie in regard to the dead Vietcong soldier?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)