|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
2. How long do Peewee and Richie wait before receiving their camp assignment?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Forty days.
(d) Twenty days.
3. What is the name of the new Lieutenant of Richie's platoon.
4. From which soldier does Richie borrow a Bible so that he can read the Lord's prayer?
5. Which soldier kills the first enemy soldier that Richie sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the soldiers are sent to protect another company from the encroaching enemy?
2. In what neighborhood did Richie grow up?
3. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
4. What is the name of the soldier that approaches Richie and Peewee in the breakfast hall?
5. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What footage do the soldiers watch after the ambush, and what is their reaction?
2. Why isn't Richie able to answer the question about his future goals when speaking to the Red Cross workers?
3. What are the soldiers told during their orientation speech upon arrival to Chu Lia?
4. After returning from a Vietnamese village, what does Sergeant Simpson tell the troops Captain Stewart?
5. Why does Peewee ask Richie to write a letter to Earlene on his behalf?
6. What happens during the new soldiers first night on patrol?
7. While they are on patrol together, what does Richie tell Lobel about his letter-writing problems, and what is Lobel's response?
8. What does Lobel tell Richie about himself, and his obsession with Hollywood, while the two are on patrol together?
9. Why do the American troops ambush the village that they had recently pacified?
10. What news does Peewee receive from home in a letter from Earlene?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)