|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Jenkins's father hold in the army?
(a) A captain.
(b) A sergeant.
(c) A lieutenant.
(d) A colonel.
2. While out on patrol in the jungle, what game does Charlie Company stop to play?
3. During the prayer, what is Jenkins called?
(a) An Earthly Man.
(b) A Fallen Angel.
(c) A Precious Angel.
(d) An Angel Warrior.
4. What medical problem does Richie come down with, prompting him to take several days off to recover?
(a) An intestinal problem.
(b) A glandular problem.
(c) A skeletal problem.
(d) A circulatory problem.
5. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all afraid.
(b) Because they are all black.
(c) Because they are all poor.
(d) Because they are all in the same platoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
2. Which of the following are the soldiers NOT warned away from at their new camp?
3. What name is Johnson called by another character, prompting a racially charged arguement?
4. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
5. Which soldier is well known for doing funny imitations of voices?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lobel feel that he is responsible for Lieutenant Carroll's death, and how does Richie console him?
2. What advice does Walowick give to Richie in regard to the dead Vietcong soldier?
3. What happens to Richie's knee, and why is he still sent to Vietnam?
4. What reasons drew Richie into joining the army?
5. Why does Richard Perry decide to join the army?
6. How does RIchie cope with the trauma that he witnesses while on patrol with the Charlie Company?
7. Why is Richie sent on patrol with the Charlie Company?
8. How does Lieutenant Carroll die?
9. What is the reaction of the soldiers when they receive their assignments to be moved to Chu Lia?
10. Before the troops see any action, what does Richie think about the fighting?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)