|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the first Vietcong enemy was killed, how many enemies does Sergeant Simpson claim were killed?
2. What board game does Richie play twice a week?
(a) Chinese checkers.
3. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
(a) Antihistimine pills.
(c) Malaria pills.
(d) Iodine pills.
4. When the troops go on pacification missions, who are they trying to convince the villagers are the enemy?
(a) The French.
(b) Their fellow villagers.
(c) The communists.
(d) The American soldiers.
5. What does Jenkins tell Richie that he fears about being in the army?
(a) That he will be killed.
(b) That he won't be good at his job.
(c) That he will love war.
(d) That he will have to kill others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person that Peewee accuses of being a "Cong"?
2. Why does Richie continually want to write letters to his brother?
3. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
4. Who approaches Richie to tell him that his medical records still haven't arrived?
5. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the soldiers pass the time around the barracks when they have no missions to attend to?
2. What are the soldiers told during their orientation speech upon arrival to Chu Lia?
3. What happens when Richie sees the body bags lined up at his base?
4. What happens when the allies bring in a Vietnamese mother and her two small children found wandering around the rice paddies?
5. Who is with Brew when he dies?
6. During the slow days, what does Richie learn about his fellow soldiers Brew, Lobel, and Monaco?
7. What conversation does Richie get into with Johnson about the war protesters?
8. What offer does Gearhart make for the troops, when it is realized that the squads are unequally staffed?
9. Where do Richie and Peewee spend the night when they are separated from their squad, and how do they find their way there?
10. How does it come to be that Richie is shot?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)