|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lieutenant Doyle feel about this war?
(a) That the Vietnamese deserve to be attacked.
(b) That it is not his war to fight.
(c) That this war is the supreme battle of good versus evil.
(d) That if America hadn't stepped in, Vietnam would crumble.
2. When he was in high school, who told Richie that he had a good shot of getting into college?
(a) His mother.
(b) No one ever gave Richie any academic hopes.
(c) His guidance councelor.
(d) His English teacher.
3. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should mingle?
(a) Their skin.
(b) Their spit.
(c) Their blood.
(d) Their urine.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
(a) To drink wine from a bottle with a cork.
(b) To speak another language.
(c) To smoke a cigar.
(d) To make love to a foreign woman.
5. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
(a) The comedic black soldier.
(b) The heroic black soldier.
(c) The feared black soldier.
(d) The baby-faced vlack soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peewee talk to in a storage shed?
2. Which soldier is well known for doing funny imitations of voices?
3. During the slow days, what reports do the soldiers listen to on the radio?
4. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
5. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lieutenant Carroll die?
2. Why does Jenkins say that he has joined the army, and what is his fear of war?
3. In Chapter 1, what sounds does Richie hear when he falls asleep at night, and how does he comfort himself in Vietnam?
4. Why is Richie's troop reassigned from the pacification mission in the village?
5. What happens when the new soldiers meet Johnson?
6. After returning from a Vietnamese village, what does Sergeant Simpson tell the troops Captain Stewart?
7. What reasons drew Richie into joining the army?
8. What happens when Richie is out on patrol with the Charlie Company?
9. Who is Rings, and what does he suggest that Richie and Peewee do?
10. What happens during the new soldiers first night on patrol?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)