|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Richie NOT wonder about the dead Vietcong soldier?
(a) Whether or not he had children.
(b) What his hopes for the future were.
(c) What his life in Vietnam was like.
(d) What his family was like.
2. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
(a) His math teacher.
(b) His gym teacher.
(c) His English teacher.
(d) His chemistry teacher.
3. What is the name of the soldier who begins crying on the truck ride to the new camp?
4. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
5. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
(a) A secretarial job.
(b) A medic's job.
(c) A translation job.
(d) An office job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
2. What is the name of Richie's younger brother?
3. Which of the following best describes Richie's feelings during the ambush?
4. Who is the first person that Peewee accuses of being a "Cong"?
5. What city is Lobel obsessed with, and constantly speaks about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons drew Richie into joining the army?
2. What happens when the new soldiers meet Johnson?
3. What happens to the soldiers while they are on a layover in Osaka, Japan?
4. What happens to Richie's knee, and why is he still sent to Vietnam?
5. How does RIchie cope with the trauma that he witnesses while on patrol with the Charlie Company?
6. After returning from a Vietnamese village, what does Sergeant Simpson tell the troops Captain Stewart?
7. Where did the term "Angel Warriors" come from?
8. Why does Richard Perry decide to join the army?
9. Why isn't Richie able to answer the question about his future goals when speaking to the Red Cross workers?
10. While they are on patrol together, what does Richie tell Lobel about his letter-writing problems, and what is Lobel's response?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)