|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Richie NOT wonder about the dead Vietcong soldier?
(a) Whether or not he had children.
(b) What his life in Vietnam was like.
(c) What his hopes for the future were.
(d) What his family was like.
2. Who is the lead actress in the movie that the soldiers watch over and over during their slow days?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Julie Andrews.
(c) Elizabeth Taylor.
(d) Judy Garland.
3. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) His priest's address.
(b) His mother's address.
(c) A Hollywood actress's address.
(d) His little sister's address.
4. Who does Peewee talk to in a storage shed?
(a) A priest.
(c) A foreign woman.
(d) An enemy soldier.
5. Which military leader dies in a hospital after the attack?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(b) Sergeant Simpson.
(c) Lieutenant Doyle.
(d) Lieutenant Carroll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
2. What is the name of the soldier that Richie is paired up with during his Charlie Company patrol?
3. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
4. During the prayer, what is Jenkins called?
5. What type of home remedy does Peewee purchase from a local healer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Richie and Peewee spend the night when they are separated from their squad, and how do they find their way there?
2. What conversation does Richie get into with Johnson about the war protesters?
3. During the slow days, what does Richie learn about his fellow soldiers Brew, Lobel, and Monaco?
4. What offer does Lieutenant Carroll give to Richie in regard to his medical records, and what is Richie's response?
5. What do the American soldiers see when they return to the village in Vietnam that they had recently tried to pacify?
6. What power struggle arises between Johnson and Stewart in the battlefield of the reclaimed hill?
7. What does Lobel tell Richie about himself, and his obsession with Hollywood, while the two are on patrol together?
8. Where did the term "Angel Warriors" come from?
9. How does RIchie cope with the trauma that he witnesses while on patrol with the Charlie Company?
10. How do the more experienced soldiers feel when they see the new soldiers arriving?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)