|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peewee's real name?
(a) Henry Gates.
(b) Howard Gates.
(c) Humphry Gates.
(d) Harold Gates.
2. What is the name of the young, black medic?
3. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
4. Which soldier gets into a fight with the cook?
5. While out on patrol in the jungle, what game does Charlie Company stop to play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Jenkins's father hold in the army?
2. How does Lieutenant Doyle feel about this war?
3. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
4. What city is Lobel obsessed with, and constantly speaks about?
5. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Richie sent on patrol with the Charlie Company?
2. After returning from a Vietnamese village, what does Sergeant Simpson tell the troops Captain Stewart?
3. How does Lieutenant Carroll die?
4. What is Richie's response to seeing his first dead enemy soldier?
5. In Chapter 1, what sounds does Richie hear when he falls asleep at night, and how does he comfort himself in Vietnam?
6. What footage do the soldiers watch after the ambush, and what is their reaction?
7. Who is Rings, and what does he suggest that Richie and Peewee do?
8. What does Captain Stewart change about Monaco's kill report, and why?
9. What advice does Walowick give to Richie in regard to the dead Vietcong soldier?
10. What happens when Richie sees the body bags lined up at his base?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)