|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peewee talk to in a storage shed?
(a) An enemy soldier.
(b) A priest.
(d) A foreign woman.
2. When the troops go on pacification missions, who are they trying to convince the villagers are the enemy?
(a) The French.
(b) The communists.
(c) Their fellow villagers.
(d) The American soldiers.
3. What happens when the soldiers are sent to protect another company from the encroaching enemy?
(a) Richie accidentally kills a fellow soldier with friendly fire.
(b) Nothing happens.
(c) Richie kills his first enemy soldier.
(d) Richie saves Peewee from a grenade.
4. What does Jenkins tell Richie that he fears about being in the army?
(a) That he will be killed.
(b) That he will have to kill others.
(c) That he will love war.
(d) That he won't be good at his job.
5. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
(a) Aunt Pats.
(b) Uncle Bills.
(c) Uncle Toms.
(d) Aunt Marys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
2. What is Peewee's real name?
3. What is the name of the camp where Peewee and Richie's platoon is sent?
4. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
5. What medical problem does Richie come down with, prompting him to take several days off to recover?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the more experienced soldiers feel when they see the new soldiers arriving?
2. What advice does Walowick give to Richie in regard to the dead Vietcong soldier?
3. Why is Richie sent on patrol with the Charlie Company?
4. Why do the American troops ambush the village that they had recently pacified?
5. Before the troops see any action, what does Richie think about the fighting?
6. What happens to the soldiers while they are on a layover in Osaka, Japan?
7. After returning from a Vietnamese village, what does Sergeant Simpson tell the troops Captain Stewart?
8. Where did the term "Angel Warriors" come from?
9. What happens during the new soldiers first night on patrol?
10. How do the soldiers pass the time around the barracks when they have no missions to attend to?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)