|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier who begins crying on the truck ride to the new camp?
2. Which soldier gets into a fight with the cook?
3. How are the injured American soldiers transported out of the battle zone?
(a) By helicopter.
(b) By airplane.
(c) By train.
(d) By cab.
4. When going on pacification missions, Lobel compares their company to outlaws in what type of movie?
(a) Science Fiction.
(b) Foreign Film.
5. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
2. Where is the man living that Richie used to write letters to and contemplates asking the man to return the favor?
3. During the friendly fire of the Charlie Company patrol, how many American soldiers are killed?
4. Who is the first person that Peewee accuses of being a "Cong"?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peewee ask Richie to write a letter to Earlene on his behalf?
2. Why does Richard Perry decide to join the army?
3. How does Lieutenant Carroll die?
4. What does Lobel tell Richie about himself, and his obsession with Hollywood, while the two are on patrol together?
5. What happens to Richie's knee, and why is he still sent to Vietnam?
6. What reasons drew Richie into joining the army?
7. How do the more experienced soldiers feel when they see the new soldiers arriving?
8. What is the reaction of the soldiers when they receive their assignments to be moved to Chu Lia?
9. Where did the term "Angel Warriors" come from?
10. What happens when Richie is out on patrol with the Charlie Company?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)