|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Peewee from?
(b) San Diego.
(d) New York.
2. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) A girlfriend.
3. What city is Lobel obsessed with, and constantly speaks about?
(a) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
4. When the troops receive word about Charlie Company, how many of their men have been lost?
5. What is the name of Richie's younger brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are the soldiers NOT warned away from at their new camp?
2. Who does Johnson get into a racially charged argument with?
3. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
4. While at the airport in Japan, who does Richie purchase a souvenir for?
5. What is the name of the new Lieutenant of Richie's platoon.
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons drew Richie into joining the army?
2. What question does the film crew ask to the soldiers, and what are their responses?
3. During the slow days, what does Richie learn about his fellow soldiers Brew, Lobel, and Monaco?
4. What advice does Walowick give to Richie in regard to the dead Vietcong soldier?
5. What is Richie's response to seeing his first dead enemy soldier?
6. Why is Richie sent on patrol with the Charlie Company?
7. What happens when the new soldiers meet Johnson?
8. What happens when Richie is out on patrol with the Charlie Company?
9. Why does Richard Perry decide to join the army?
10. What happens to the soldiers while they are on a layover in Osaka, Japan?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)