|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new Lieutenant of Richie's platoon.
2. Which soldier gets into a fight with the cook?
3. Who is the first person that Peewee accuses of being a "Cong"?
(a) Their laundress.
(b) Their commanding officer.
(c) Their cook.
(d) Their cleaning woman.
4. During the friendly fire of the Charlie Company patrol, how many American soldiers are killed?
(b) No American soldiers were killed.
5. Which of the following soldiers are not patroling for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country is Richie sent to fight in the army?
2. What type of home remedy does Peewee purchase from a local healer?
3. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
4. What offer is Richie given in regards to his medical records?
5. When the soldiers are at their layover in Japan, where are they forced to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard Perry decide to join the army?
2. What happens when Richie is out on patrol with the Charlie Company?
3. What question does the film crew ask to the soldiers, and what are their responses?
4. Before the troops see any action, what does Richie think about the fighting?
5. During the slow days, what does Richie learn about his fellow soldiers Brew, Lobel, and Monaco?
6. What offer does Lieutenant Carroll give to Richie in regard to his medical records, and what is Richie's response?
7. How do the soldiers pass the time around the barracks when they have no missions to attend to?
8. Why does Peewee ask Richie to write a letter to Earlene on his behalf?
9. What happens to Richie's knee, and why is he still sent to Vietnam?
10. Why is Richie sent on patrol with the Charlie Company?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)