|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
(a) To speak another language.
(b) To make love to a foreign woman.
(c) To drink wine from a bottle with a cork.
(d) To smoke a cigar.
3. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
(a) An office job.
(b) A secretarial job.
(c) A translation job.
(d) A medic's job.
4. In a note to Peewee, who does Earlene promise to name her next child after?
(a) After her new husband.
(b) After Jenkins, who was killed in battle.
(c) After Peewee.
(d) After her father.
5. After the pacification mission, who comes to attack the villagers?
(a) Vietcong soldiers.
(b) British soldiers.
(c) French soldiers.
(d) American soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
2. When he was in high school, who told Richie that he had a good shot of getting into college?
3. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
4. How does Lieutenant Doyle feel about this war?
5. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peewee ask Richie to write a letter to Earlene on his behalf?
2. How do the more experienced soldiers feel when they see the new soldiers arriving?
3. What footage do the soldiers watch after the ambush, and what is their reaction?
4. Who is Rings, and what does he suggest that Richie and Peewee do?
5. Why is Richie sent on patrol with the Charlie Company?
6. What are the soldiers told during their orientation speech upon arrival to Chu Lia?
7. Why do the American troops ambush the village that they had recently pacified?
8. What offer does Lieutenant Carroll give to Richie in regard to his medical records, and what is Richie's response?
9. Where did the term "Angel Warriors" come from?
10. What news does Peewee receive from home in a letter from Earlene?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)