|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which soldier is well known for doing funny imitations of voices?
2. When Richie is pondering his own death, who does he wonder will miss him?
(b) His mother.
(c) The army.
3. What happens when the soldiers are sent to protect another company from the encroaching enemy?
(a) Richie accidentally kills a fellow soldier with friendly fire.
(b) Richie saves Peewee from a grenade.
(c) Richie kills his first enemy soldier.
(d) Nothing happens.
4. What is the name of the camp where Peewee and Richie's platoon is sent?
(a) Chunrong Lia.
(b) Lia ChaCha.
(c) Chu Lia.
(d) Lia Chun.
5. Which member of Lobel's family is a film director?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer is Richie given in regards to his medical records?
2. What state is the extraordinarily strong black soldier from?
3. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
4. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
5. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Richie sent on patrol with the Charlie Company?
2. During the slow days, what does Richie learn about his fellow soldiers Brew, Lobel, and Monaco?
3. What happens during the new soldiers first night on patrol?
4. What happens when Richie is out on patrol with the Charlie Company?
5. What does Lobel tell Richie about himself, and his obsession with Hollywood, while the two are on patrol together?
6. What happens to Richie's knee, and why is he still sent to Vietnam?
7. How does Lieutenant Carroll die?
8. What is the reaction of the soldiers when they receive their assignments to be moved to Chu Lia?
9. While they are on patrol together, what does Richie tell Lobel about his letter-writing problems, and what is Lobel's response?
10. What are the soldiers told during their orientation speech upon arrival to Chu Lia?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)