|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which soldier approaches Richie to confess that he believes he is responsible for their leader's death during the ambush?
2. When going on pacification missions, Lobel compares their company to outlaws in what type of movie?
(c) Foreign Film.
(d) Science Fiction.
3. What is the name of the soldier that was once a star high school athlete?
4. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
5. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. From which soldier does Richie borrow a Bible so that he can read the Lord's prayer?
2. What name is Johnson called by another character, prompting a racially charged arguement?
3. What city is Peewee from?
4. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
5. What happens when the soldiers are sent to protect another company from the encroaching enemy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is with Brew when he dies?
2. What are the soldiers told during their orientation speech upon arrival to Chu Lia?
3. What offer does Lieutenant Carroll give to Richie in regard to his medical records, and what is Richie's response?
4. What does Captain Stewart change about Monaco's kill report, and why?
5. How does Richie explain the shooting of the Vietcong soldier to his brother, Kenny?
6. Why is Richie's troop reassigned from the pacification mission in the village?
7. Why is Richie sent on patrol with the Charlie Company?
8. Where do Richie and Peewee spend the night when they are separated from their squad, and how do they find their way there?
9. What does Richie do with his Purple Heart?
10. What happens when Richie sees the body bags lined up at his base?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)