|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richie injure his knee?
(a) Playing baseball.
(b) Playing soccer.
(c) Playing football.
(d) Playing basketball.
2. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
3. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
4. When the troops go on pacification missions, who are they trying to convince the villagers are the enemy?
(a) The American soldiers.
(b) The French.
(c) The communists.
(d) Their fellow villagers.
5. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
(a) Malaria pills.
(b) Antihistimine pills.
(d) Iodine pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following soldiers admits to joining the army so that his father wouldn't think that he was gay?
2. What position did Jenkins's father hold in the army?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Lieutenant Carroll?
4. In what state does Richard Perry live as a high school student?
5. When he was in high school, who told Richie that he had a good shot of getting into college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does the film crew ask to the soldiers, and what are their responses?
2. How do the soldiers pass the time around the barracks when they have no missions to attend to?
3. What happens to the soldiers while they are on a layover in Osaka, Japan?
4. After returning from a Vietnamese village, what does Sergeant Simpson tell the troops Captain Stewart?
5. What is Richie's response to seeing his first dead enemy soldier?
6. What happens when the new soldiers meet Johnson?
7. How does RIchie cope with the trauma that he witnesses while on patrol with the Charlie Company?
8. During the slow days, what does Richie learn about his fellow soldiers Brew, Lobel, and Monaco?
9. In Chapter 1, what sounds does Richie hear when he falls asleep at night, and how does he comfort himself in Vietnam?
10. What does Captain Stewart change about Monaco's kill report, and why?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)