|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the camp where Peewee and Richie's platoon is sent?
(a) Chunrong Lia.
(b) Chu Lia.
(c) Lia Chun.
(d) Lia ChaCha.
2. What happens when the soldiers are sent to protect another company from the encroaching enemy?
(a) Nothing happens.
(b) Richie accidentally kills a fellow soldier with friendly fire.
(c) Richie saves Peewee from a grenade.
(d) Richie kills his first enemy soldier.
3. When the troops receive word about Charlie Company, how many of their men have been lost?
4. Which soldier kills the first enemy soldier that Richie sees?
5. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers in Richie's platoon are promoted after the village ambush?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Richie joined the army?
3. Which military leader is rumored to have attempted to dodge the draft?
4. After the pacification mission, who comes to attack the villagers?
5. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lobel feel that he is responsible for Lieutenant Carroll's death, and how does Richie console him?
2. Why does Jenkins say that he has joined the army, and what is his fear of war?
3. What footage do the soldiers watch after the ambush, and what is their reaction?
4. What is the reaction of the soldiers when they receive their assignments to be moved to Chu Lia?
5. How do the soldiers pass the time around the barracks when they have no missions to attend to?
6. Who is Rings, and what does he suggest that Richie and Peewee do?
7. What happens when Richie is out on patrol with the Charlie Company?
8. During the slow days, what does Richie learn about his fellow soldiers Brew, Lobel, and Monaco?
9. What happens when the new soldiers meet Johnson?
10. How do the more experienced soldiers feel when they see the new soldiers arriving?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)