|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
(a) To drink wine from a bottle with a cork.
(b) To make love to a foreign woman.
(c) To smoke a cigar.
(d) To speak another language.
2. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
(a) His English teacher.
(b) His math teacher.
(c) His chemistry teacher.
(d) His gym teacher.
3. In a note to Peewee, who does Earlene promise to name her next child after?
(a) After Jenkins, who was killed in battle.
(b) After her father.
(c) After Peewee.
(d) After her new husband.
4. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
5. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which military leader dies in a hospital after the attack?
2. How long do Peewee and Richie wait before receiving their camp assignment?
3. Who is the first person that Peewee accuses of being a "Cong"?
4. Where is the man living that Richie used to write letters to and contemplates asking the man to return the favor?
5. Who leads the prayer over Jenkins' body when he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What footage do the soldiers watch after the ambush, and what is their reaction?
2. What are the soldiers told during their orientation speech upon arrival to Chu Lia?
3. Where did the term "Angel Warriors" come from?
4. What happens to Richie's knee, and why is he still sent to Vietnam?
5. What is the reaction of the soldiers when they receive their assignments to be moved to Chu Lia?
6. What reasons drew Richie into joining the army?
7. How does Lieutenant Carroll die?
8. How do the soldiers pass the time around the barracks when they have no missions to attend to?
9. Why does Peewee ask Richie to write a letter to Earlene on his behalf?
10. What happens when Richie is out on patrol with the Charlie Company?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)