|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what country is Richie sent to fight in the army?
2. What offer is Richie given in regards to his medical records?
(a) To drop out of the army entirely.
(b) To have his medical records expunged.
(c) To leave when his knee begins hurting.
(d) To select one soldier to go home with him.
3. When the troops receive word about Charlie Company, how many of their men have been lost?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
(a) To drink wine from a bottle with a cork.
(b) To speak another language.
(c) To smoke a cigar.
(d) To make love to a foreign woman.
5. Which soldier gets into a fight with the cook?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the soldiers are sent to protect another company from the encroaching enemy?
2. How does Richie injure his knee?
3. While at the airport in Japan, who does Richie purchase a souvenir for?
4. What is the name of the soldier that approaches Richie and Peewee in the breakfast hall?
5. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Richie's response to seeing his first dead enemy soldier?
2. What offer does Lieutenant Carroll give to Richie in regard to his medical records, and what is Richie's response?
3. What does Captain Stewart change about Monaco's kill report, and why?
4. What happens during the new soldiers first night on patrol?
5. Where did the term "Angel Warriors" come from?
6. In Chapter 1, what sounds does Richie hear when he falls asleep at night, and how does he comfort himself in Vietnam?
7. Why does Richard Perry decide to join the army?
8. What happens to Richie's knee, and why is he still sent to Vietnam?
9. Why do the American troops ambush the village that they had recently pacified?
10. What footage do the soldiers watch after the ambush, and what is their reaction?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)