|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) His little sister's address.
(b) His priest's address.
(c) A Hollywood actress's address.
(d) His mother's address.
2. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
(a) Because Richie refuses to shoot to kill.
(b) Because he forgets to load his gun.
(c) Because Richie is in the hospital instead of at the attack.
(d) Because his hand is shaking too much to pull the trigger.
3. What is the name of the soldier that approaches Richie and Peewee in the breakfast hall?
4. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
5. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Johnson get into a racially charged argument with?
2. While in high school, what did Richie want to be when he grew up?
3. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
4. When Richie is pondering his own death, who does he wonder will miss him?
5. Who leads the prayer over Jenkins' body when he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard Perry decide to join the army?
2. What are the soldiers told during their orientation speech upon arrival to Chu Lia?
3. Why isn't Richie able to answer the question about his future goals when speaking to the Red Cross workers?
4. While they are on patrol together, what does Richie tell Lobel about his letter-writing problems, and what is Lobel's response?
5. Why is Richie's troop reassigned from the pacification mission in the village?
6. What happens when Richie is out on patrol with the Charlie Company?
7. What question does the film crew ask to the soldiers, and what are their responses?
8. What happens to the soldiers while they are on a layover in Osaka, Japan?
9. What does Captain Stewart change about Monaco's kill report, and why?
10. What happens when the new soldiers meet Johnson?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)