|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Peewee and Richie wait before receiving their camp assignment?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Twenty days.
(d) Forty days.
2. What is the name of the military leader that wants to kill more Vietcong so that he will be promoted?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(b) Lieutenant Carroll.
(c) Sergeant Simpson.
(d) Lieutenant Boyle.
3. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
4. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
(a) Brew never wants to leave the army.
(b) A professional athlete.
(c) A priest.
(d) A teacher.
5. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) A girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the airport in Japan, who does Richie purchase a souvenir for?
2. What is the name of the soldier that was once a star high school athlete?
3. Which soldier gets into a fight with the cook?
4. What city is Lobel obsessed with, and constantly speaks about?
5. What offer is Richie given in regards to his medical records?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Richie's knee, and why is he still sent to Vietnam?
2. What is the reaction of the soldiers when they receive their assignments to be moved to Chu Lia?
3. What happens during the new soldiers first night on patrol?
4. Where did the term "Angel Warriors" come from?
5. During the slow days, what does Richie learn about his fellow soldiers Brew, Lobel, and Monaco?
6. Before the troops see any action, what does Richie think about the fighting?
7. What are the soldiers told during their orientation speech upon arrival to Chu Lia?
8. Why does Lobel feel that he is responsible for Lieutenant Carroll's death, and how does Richie console him?
9. Why does Jenkins say that he has joined the army, and what is his fear of war?
10. While they are on patrol together, what does Richie tell Lobel about his letter-writing problems, and what is Lobel's response?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)