|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what country is Richie sent to fight in the army?
2. What city is Lobel obsessed with, and constantly speaks about?
(b) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
3. What is the name of the soldier that Richie is paired up with during his Charlie Company patrol?
4. What does Jenkins tell Richie that he fears about being in the army?
(a) That he will have to kill others.
(b) That he will love war.
(c) That he won't be good at his job.
(d) That he will be killed.
5. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
(a) Aunt Pats.
(b) Uncle Bills.
(c) Aunt Marys.
(d) Uncle Toms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which military leader is rumored to have attempted to dodge the draft?
2. When the troops go on pacification missions, who are they trying to convince the villagers are the enemy?
3. What is Peewee's girlfriend's name?
4. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
5. What type of home remedy does Peewee purchase from a local healer?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what sounds does Richie hear when he falls asleep at night, and how does he comfort himself in Vietnam?
2. What is the reaction of the soldiers when they receive their assignments to be moved to Chu Lia?
3. Why is Richie's troop reassigned from the pacification mission in the village?
4. What happens when Richie sees the body bags lined up at his base?
5. What footage do the soldiers watch after the ambush, and what is their reaction?
6. What happens to Richie's knee, and why is he still sent to Vietnam?
7. After returning from a Vietnamese village, what does Sergeant Simpson tell the troops Captain Stewart?
8. Why isn't Richie able to answer the question about his future goals when speaking to the Red Cross workers?
9. How does RIchie cope with the trauma that he witnesses while on patrol with the Charlie Company?
10. Where did the term "Angel Warriors" come from?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)