|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
(a) Heroic soldiers.
(b) Under appreciated soldiers.
(c) Comedic soldiers.
(d) Virgin soldiers.
2. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
(a) An office job.
(b) A secretarial job.
(c) A translation job.
(d) A medic's job.
3. What type of home remedy does Peewee purchase from a local healer?
(a) Hair-growing serum.
(b) Height lotion.
(c) Muscle-relaxing gel.
(d) Skin-lightening cream.
4. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should mingle?
(a) Their spit.
(b) Their urine.
(c) Their skin.
(d) Their blood.
5. Why does Richie continually want to write letters to his brother?
(a) To vent some of his emotions.
(b) To brag about the work he is doing.
(c) To practice his handwriting.
(d) To make his brother proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Johnson get into a racially charged argument with?
2. Which member of Lobel's family is a film director?
3. What is the name of the soldier that approaches Richie and Peewee in the breakfast hall?
4. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
5. How long do Peewee and Richie wait before receiving their camp assignment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the soldiers while they are on a layover in Osaka, Japan?
2. How does Monaco escape the clutches of the Vietnamese soldiers?
3. How does it come to be that Richie is shot?
4. How does Lieutenant Carroll die?
5. Where did the term "Angel Warriors" come from?
6. What letter does Gearhart give to Richie and Walowick to hold onto?
7. What offer does Lieutenant Carroll give to Richie in regard to his medical records, and what is Richie's response?
8. What does Richie do with his Purple Heart?
9. In Kenny's letter to Richie about Johnny Robinson, what does he say?
10. Who is Rings, and what does he suggest that Richie and Peewee do?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)