|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is loaded onto the helicopter with Richie after he has been shot?
(b) Lieutenant Doyle.
(d) Sergeant Simpson.
2. What is the name of the soldier killed when the American troop's location is accidentally revealed?
3. What is the name of the Vietnamese New Year?
4. Which soldier's girlfriend sends him a letter proposing marriage?
5. Which soldier accidentally releases a flare during a fight, revealing the position of the troops?
(a) Lieutenant Doyle.
(b) Captain Stewart.
(c) Sergeant Simpson.
(d) Lieutenant Gearhart.
6. During a fight with Vietnamese soldiers, where is Richie shot?
(a) In his neck.
(b) In his back.
(c) In his stomach.
(d) In his leg.
7. Who is the highest ranking soldier among Richie's squad?
8. Which of the following is NOT seen by the American soldiers returning to the recently pacified village?
(a) Burnt huts.
(b) Screaming children.
(c) Waiting Vietcong soldiers.
(d) Mutilated bodies.
9. What offer does Gearhart give the soldiers to keep them safe?
(a) To split up or stay together.
(b) To use machine guns or grenades.
(c) To choose their next leader or leave it up to the administration.
(d) To travel to southern or northern Vietnam.
10. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
(a) The incompetant office staff.
(b) The American soldiers that ask for transfers.
(c) The Vietcong soldiers.
(d) The war protestors.
11. What is the name of the soldier who is mortally wounded during the same fight in which Richie is shot?
12. Which character wakes up in the middle of the night with terrible, screaming nightmares?
13. What does Richie do when Brew is dying?
(a) Promises to write a letter to his mother.
(b) Tells him a funny joke.
(c) Holds his hand.
(d) Prays with him.
14. Who writes a letter to Tuner's parents?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(d) Lieutenant Doyle.
15. Around the time of the Vietnamese New Year, what is happening on the streets of New York?
(a) War protests.
(b) Vietnamese pride parades.
(c) Race riots.
(d) Macy's day parade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of all the men in the squad, who is viewed as their leader, described as having "quiet good sense"?
2. What do the Vietnamese allies want the American troops to help them capture?
3. What is attached to the young Vietnamese child that Peewee makes a doll for?
4. What type of award is Richie given from the army after his injuries?
5. Which character strongly wishes he had a wife a kids waiting for him at home?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)