|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richie feel when he is running to escape the fighting in the village?
(a) As though he cannot keep up with the other soldiers.
(b) As though there is someone else running in his body.
(c) As though his legs are made of concrete.
(d) As though he is the fastest man on earth.
2. Which character strongly wishes he had a wife a kids waiting for him at home?
3. After Richie's discussion with Johnson about the war protestors, what does he fall asleep thinking about?
(a) Wondering if its possible for people to be "crazy."
(b) Wondering if its possible for people to be "happy."
(c) Wondering if its possible for people to be "good."
(d) Wondering if its possible for people to be "evil."
4. What does Richie tell Kenny in the letter he writes about the Vietcong soldier?
(a) That the soldier deserved to die because he attacked Richie first.
(b) Richie is unable to write his brother a letter.
(c) That the soldier deserved to die because he was a "bad guy."
(d) That the soldier deserved to die for being communist.
5. Who is loaded onto the helicopter with Richie after he has been shot?
(a) Sergeant Simpson.
(d) Lieutenant Doyle.
6. Which soldier is approached by Lt. Dongan asking if Lobel is a homosexual?
7. During a fight with Vietnamese soldiers, where is Richie shot?
(a) In his neck.
(b) In his stomach.
(c) In his leg.
(d) In his back.
8. What is waiting for Richie when he enters one of the huts in the recently pacified village?
(a) A Vietcong soldier.
(b) A terrified kitten.
(c) A crying child.
(d) A starving puppy.
9. Which of the following best describes the fight in which the troops is attempting to reclaim Vietnamese land?
(d) Well organized.
10. After the trauma of visiting the recently pacified Vietnamese village, whose bed does Richie sleep in for comfort?
11. Whose decision is it to extend the troop's tour of duty for an additional thirty days?
(a) Lieutenant Doyle's.
(b) Lieutenant Gearhart's.
(c) Sergeant Simpson's.
(d) Captain Stewart's.
12. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
(a) Richie is unsure who the "good guys" in the war are.
(b) Richie is sure the Americans are the "good guys."
(c) Richie is sure that there are not "good guys" in the war.
(d) Richie is sure the Vietcong are the "good guys."
13. What reason does Captain Stewart give to the soldiers as to why they will be going on a reconnaissance mission?
(a) Lt. Gearhart needs more training.
(b) He didn't know that their squad had been volunteered.
(c) He wants to kill more Vietcong soldiers.
(d) The mission is their safest option.
14. What is the name of the soldier killed when the American troop's location is accidentally revealed?
15. Who writes a letter to Tuner's parents?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(d) Lieutenant Doyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is attached to the young Vietnamese child that Peewee makes a doll for?
2. What offer does Gearhart give the soldiers to keep them safe?
3. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
4. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
5. What does the squad advise the soldier, whose girlfriend proposed marriage, to do?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)