|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who opens fire on the Vietnamese soldiers?
(a) No one opens fire on the Vietnamese ally soldiers.
(b) The recovery tanks.
(c) The rescue helicopters.
(d) The front line soldiers.
2. What is the name of the Vietnamese New Year?
3. Which soldier promises to come to Richie and Peewee's aid if problems arise in camp over their new lieutenant?
4. Which character gets into a power struggle with Stewart, telling the men to follow him when Stewart tells them all to stay down?
5. Which soldier is approached by Lt. Dongan asking if Lobel is a homosexual?
6. Who writes a letter to Tuner's parents?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(b) Lieutenant Doyle.
7. Which character wakes up in the middle of the night with terrible, screaming nightmares?
8. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) They went to church together.
(c) They played basketball together.
(d) They went to the same school.
9. Why doesn't the grenade that Richie throws into the Vietnamese hut explode?
(a) Because the hut was already on fire.
(b) Because he forgets to pull the pin.
(c) Because the powder was wet.
(d) Because the grenade was old.
10. Who is the highest ranking soldier among Richie's squad?
11. After the trauma of visiting the recently pacified Vietnamese village, whose bed does Richie sleep in for comfort?
12. What does Richie tell Kenny in the letter he writes about the Vietcong soldier?
(a) That the soldier deserved to die because he was a "bad guy."
(b) Richie is unable to write his brother a letter.
(c) That the soldier deserved to die for being communist.
(d) That the soldier deserved to die because he attacked Richie first.
13. What happens when the soldiers realize that the war will not be ending anytime soon?
(a) The military gives the soldiers pay raises.
(b) Peace rumors stop circulating.
(c) Many soldiers go AWOL.
(d) Many soldiers burst into tears.
14. What is Johnson's advice to Richie when they are discussing the war protesters?
(a) To stop worrying about the Vietnamese and start worrying about the Americans.
(b) To stop worrying about the Americans and start worrying about the Vietnamese.
(c) To stop worrying about the bigger issues and just worry about staying alive.
(d) To stop worrying about staying alive and start worrying about the bigger issues.
15. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Vietnamese allies turn against the American troops?
2. What do the American soldiers do to the bodies of their dead soldiers to prevent the enemy from mutilating them?
3. What is attached to the young Vietnamese child that Peewee makes a doll for?
4. After Richie's discussion with Johnson about the war protestors, what does he fall asleep thinking about?
5. What is the name of the soldier's new base, that they are moved to under Lieutenant Gearhart's command?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)