|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the character sent in to replace Sergeant Simpson?
(a) Lieutenant Drager.
(b) Lieutenant Donnahue.
(c) Lieutenant Dongan.
(d) Lieutenant Doyle.
2. What do the American soldiers remove from the dead soldiers to keep the enemy from identifying them?
(a) Their dog tags.
(b) Their state I.D.s
(c) Their driver's licences.
(d) Their passports.
3. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
(a) The Vietcong soldiers.
(b) The incompetant office staff.
(c) The war protestors.
(d) The American soldiers that ask for transfers.
4. Which soldier is approached by Lt. Dongan asking if Lobel is a homosexual?
5. Which soldier freezes in sudden panic and needs Gearhart to scream him back into obedience?
6. What does Richie think that his time in the hospital has done to him?
(a) Softened him to war.
(b) Hardened him to war.
(c) Made him a target for the enemy.
(d) Alienated him from his troop.
7. Where do Richie and Peewee make their way to after being separated from the squad?
(a) They travel nowhere, opting to stay in the place they were separated.
(b) Out to an open field.
(c) Back to the original chopper landing zone.
(d) Back to their camp.
8. What does Richie tell Kenny in the letter he writes about the Vietcong soldier?
(a) Richie is unable to write his brother a letter.
(b) That the soldier deserved to die because he attacked Richie first.
(c) That the soldier deserved to die for being communist.
(d) That the soldier deserved to die because he was a "bad guy."
9. Which character strongly wishes he had a wife a kids waiting for him at home?
10. Which of the following best describes the fight in which the troops is attempting to reclaim Vietnamese land?
(d) Well organized.
11. When Richie thinks about going AWOL, what country does he plan to run to?
12. After Richie's discussion with Johnson about the war protestors, what does he fall asleep thinking about?
(a) Wondering if its possible for people to be "happy."
(b) Wondering if its possible for people to be "crazy."
(c) Wondering if its possible for people to be "good."
(d) Wondering if its possible for people to be "evil."
13. Who writes a letter to Tuner's parents?
(c) Lieutenant Doyle.
(d) Captain Stewart.
14. What happens when the soldiers realize that the war will not be ending anytime soon?
(a) The military gives the soldiers pay raises.
(b) Peace rumors stop circulating.
(c) Many soldiers burst into tears.
(d) Many soldiers go AWOL.
15. Of all the men in the squad, who is viewed as their leader, described as having "quiet good sense"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of award is Richie given from the army after his injuries?
2. What is the name of the soldier who is mortally wounded during the same fight in which Richie is shot?
3. How many of the three soldiers--Peewee, Richie, and the captive--are able to escape the Vietnamese troops?
4. Which of the following is NOT seen by the American soldiers returning to the recently pacified village?
5. Which soldier promises to come to Richie and Peewee's aid if problems arise in camp over their new lieutenant?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)