|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Vietcong are hiding under the water, what are they breathing with?
(b) Scuba gear.
(d) Oxygen tanks.
2. Which of the following best describes the fight in which the troops is attempting to reclaim Vietnamese land?
(b) Well organized.
3. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
(a) The war protestors.
(b) The American soldiers that ask for transfers.
(c) The Vietcong soldiers.
(d) The incompetant office staff.
4. Who are the Vietnamese soldiers holding as bait, trying to encourage the chopper to arrive?
5. Who is the highest ranking soldier among Richie's squad?
6. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
7. Who is the first to open fire on the Vietnamese soldiers, allowing the chopper to land safely?
(a) Vietnamese allies.
(b) Lobel and Walowick.
(c) Richie and Peewee.
(d) The chopper.
8. What is the name of the character sent in to replace Sergeant Simpson?
(a) Lieutenant Donnahue.
(b) Lieutenant Doyle.
(c) Lieutenant Dongan.
(d) Lieutenant Drager.
9. How does Richie feel when he is running to escape the fighting in the village?
(a) As though he cannot keep up with the other soldiers.
(b) As though there is someone else running in his body.
(c) As though his legs are made of concrete.
(d) As though he is the fastest man on earth.
10. Where do Richie and Peewee make their way to after being separated from the squad?
(a) Out to an open field.
(b) Back to the original chopper landing zone.
(c) Back to their camp.
(d) They travel nowhere, opting to stay in the place they were separated.
11. Which soldier accidentally releases a flare during a fight, revealing the position of the troops?
(a) Lieutenant Doyle.
(b) Captain Stewart.
(c) Sergeant Simpson.
(d) Lieutenant Gearhart.
12. Which soldier freezes in sudden panic and needs Gearhart to scream him back into obedience?
13. Around the time of the Vietnamese New Year, what is happening on the streets of New York?
(a) Macy's day parade.
(b) War protests.
(c) Vietnamese pride parades.
(d) Race riots.
14. After the trauma of visiting the recently pacified Vietnamese village, whose bed does Richie sleep in for comfort?
15. Which soldier promises to come to Richie and Peewee's aid if problems arise in camp over their new lieutenant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Vietnamese allies want the American troops to help them capture?
2. Whose nineteenth birthday is celebrated by the troops when they return from the mission in the Vietnamese village?
3. What offer does Gearhart give the soldiers to keep them safe?
4. What does the squad advise the soldier, whose girlfriend proposed marriage, to do?
5. After Richie and Peewee are separated from their squad, where do they spend the night?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)