|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Tuner's parents?
(a) Lieutenant Doyle.
(d) Captain Stewart.
2. Which soldier is approached by Lt. Dongan asking if Lobel is a homosexual?
3. What character is Richie reunited with when he is resting in the hospital?
(b) Judy Duncan.
(c) Lieutenant Gearhart.
4. What is the name of the Vietnamese New Year?
5. Who are the Vietnamese soldiers holding as bait, trying to encourage the chopper to arrive?
6. Which of the following soldiers does NOT have a letter from Gearhart to his wife in their possession?
7. What does Richie tell Kenny in the letter he writes about the Vietcong soldier?
(a) That the soldier deserved to die for being communist.
(b) That the soldier deserved to die because he was a "bad guy."
(c) Richie is unable to write his brother a letter.
(d) That the soldier deserved to die because he attacked Richie first.
8. In the attempt to escape the Vietnamese troops, where is Richie shot?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the neck.
9. During a fight with Vietnamese soldiers, where is Richie shot?
(a) In his stomach.
(b) In his back.
(c) In his neck.
(d) In his leg.
10. When the Vietcong are hiding under the water, what are they breathing with?
(b) Oxygen tanks.
(c) Scuba gear.
11. Which character strongly wishes he had a wife a kids waiting for him at home?
12. What type of soldier does the new lieutenant like to put in the most dangerous military positions?
(a) The white soldiers.
(b) The black soldiers.
(c) The young soldiers.
(d) The old soldiers.
13. Who is loaded onto the helicopter with Richie after he has been shot?
(a) Sergeant Simpson.
(d) Lieutenant Doyle.
14. Which character gets into a power struggle with Stewart, telling the men to follow him when Stewart tells them all to stay down?
15. What is attached to the young Vietnamese child that Peewee makes a doll for?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A lunch sack.
(c) A flower.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character sent in to replace Sergeant Simpson?
2. What is the name of the soldier who is mortally wounded during the same fight in which Richie is shot?
3. Which soldier admits that he wanted to run to Canada when he heard he was drafted?
4. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
5. Who tells Richie that there is no meaning to the war in Vietnam?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)