|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier who is mortally wounded during the same fight in which Richie is shot?
2. What is attached to the young Vietnamese child that Peewee makes a doll for?
(a) A letter.
(b) A lunch sack.
(c) A flower.
(d) A bomb.
3. Who is loaded onto the helicopter with Richie after he has been shot?
(c) Sergeant Simpson.
(d) Lieutenant Doyle.
4. In Earlene's letter to Richie, what does she apologize for?
(a) Going on a date with another man.
(b) Marrying another man.
(c) Not writing as often as promised.
(d) Not praying for him anymore.
5. Which soldier's girlfriend sends him a letter proposing marriage?
6. Which soldier freezes in sudden panic and needs Gearhart to scream him back into obedience?
7. Who writes a letter to Tuner's parents?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(b) Lieutenant Doyle.
8. How does Richie get away from the fight after he has been shot?
(a) He is carried out by another soldier.
(b) He crawls on his knees.
(c) He runs on sheer adrenaline.
(d) He does not leave the scene after he is shot.
9. Why do the Vietnamese allies turn against the American troops?
(a) Because they believe the war in Vietnam is no longer just.
(b) Because they were enemy soldiers in disguise.
(c) Because they believe the American soldiers are racist.
(d) Because they want to be evacuated first.
10. What does Richie do when Brew is dying?
(a) Prays with him.
(b) Holds his hand.
(c) Promises to write a letter to his mother.
(d) Tells him a funny joke.
11. After the trauma of visiting the recently pacified Vietnamese village, whose bed does Richie sleep in for comfort?
12. What do the Vietnamese allies want the American troops to help them capture?
(a) A fort.
(b) A hill.
(c) A river.
(d) A mountain.
13. What does the squad advise the soldier, whose girlfriend proposed marriage, to do?
(a) Lie to her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Think about his answer.
(d) Dump her.
14. What reason does Captain Stewart give to the soldiers as to why they will be going on a reconnaissance mission?
(a) He didn't know that their squad had been volunteered.
(b) He wants to kill more Vietcong soldiers.
(c) Lt. Gearhart needs more training.
(d) The mission is their safest option.
15. In the attempt to escape the Vietnamese troops, where is Richie shot?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the neck.
(d) In the back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the highest ranking soldier among Richie's squad?
2. After Richie and Peewee are separated from their squad, where do they spend the night?
3. Where do Richie and Peewee make their way to after being separated from the squad?
4. What is the name of the soldier's new base, that they are moved to under Lieutenant Gearhart's command?
5. Which character wakes up in the middle of the night with terrible, screaming nightmares?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)