|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During a fight with Vietnamese soldiers, where is Richie shot?
(a) In his stomach.
(b) In his leg.
(c) In his neck.
(d) In his back.
2. Which of the following best describes the fight in which the troops is attempting to reclaim Vietnamese land?
(d) Well organized.
3. Who is the highest ranking soldier among Richie's squad?
4. Which character strongly wishes he had a wife a kids waiting for him at home?
5. When the Vietcong are hiding under the water, what are they breathing with?
(a) Scuba gear.
(b) Oxygen tanks.
6. What do the American soldiers do to the bodies of their dead soldiers to prevent the enemy from mutilating them?
(a) Drown the bodies.
(b) Burn the bodies.
(c) Carry the bodies home with them.
(d) Bury the bodies.
7. What American holiday is approaching at the same time as the Vietnamese New Year?
(b) Valentine's Day.
8. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
(a) Richie is sure the Americans are the "good guys."
(b) Richie is unsure who the "good guys" in the war are.
(c) Richie is sure that there are not "good guys" in the war.
(d) Richie is sure the Vietcong are the "good guys."
9. Who are the Vietnamese soldiers holding as bait, trying to encourage the chopper to arrive?
10. What character is Richie reunited with when he is resting in the hospital?
(b) Lieutenant Gearhart.
(d) Judy Duncan.
11. What reason does Captain Stewart give to the soldiers as to why they will be going on a reconnaissance mission?
(a) Lt. Gearhart needs more training.
(b) He didn't know that their squad had been volunteered.
(c) He wants to kill more Vietcong soldiers.
(d) The mission is their safest option.
12. Which of the following soldiers does NOT have a letter from Gearhart to his wife in their possession?
13. During the fight to reclaim Vietnamese land, what part of Dongan's body is blown off?
(a) His nose.
(b) His eyebrows.
(c) His arms.
(d) His legs.
14. Who opens fire on the Vietnamese soldiers?
(a) The front line soldiers.
(b) The recovery tanks.
(c) The rescue helicopters.
(d) No one opens fire on the Vietnamese ally soldiers.
15. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
(a) The Vietcong soldiers.
(b) The American soldiers that ask for transfers.
(c) The war protestors.
(d) The incompetant office staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to open fire on the Vietnamese soldiers, allowing the chopper to land safely?
2. What is attached to the young Vietnamese child that Peewee makes a doll for?
3. Which soldier freezes in sudden panic and needs Gearhart to scream him back into obedience?
4. In Earlene's letter to Richie, what does she apologize for?
5. Whose nineteenth birthday is celebrated by the troops when they return from the mission in the Vietnamese village?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)