|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Tuner's parents?
(c) Captain Stewart.
(d) Lieutenant Doyle.
2. Which of the following best describes the fight in which the troops is attempting to reclaim Vietnamese land?
(a) Well organized.
3. Which soldier is approached by Lt. Dongan asking if Lobel is a homosexual?
4. Which of the following is NOT seen by the American soldiers returning to the recently pacified village?
(a) Mutilated bodies.
(b) Screaming children.
(c) Burnt huts.
(d) Waiting Vietcong soldiers.
5. Whose decision is it to extend the troop's tour of duty for an additional thirty days?
(a) Lieutenant Doyle's.
(b) Sergeant Simpson's.
(c) Captain Stewart's.
(d) Lieutenant Gearhart's.
6. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) They went to the same school.
(c) They went to church together.
(d) They played basketball together.
7. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
8. Which character wakes up in the middle of the night with terrible, screaming nightmares?
9. Who tells Richie that there is no meaning to the war in Vietnam?
10. When the Vietcong are hiding under the water, what are they breathing with?
(b) Oxygen tanks.
(d) Scuba gear.
11. During a fight with Vietnamese soldiers, where is Richie shot?
(a) In his back.
(b) In his leg.
(c) In his stomach.
(d) In his neck.
12. What do the American soldiers do to the bodies of their dead soldiers to prevent the enemy from mutilating them?
(a) Drown the bodies.
(b) Carry the bodies home with them.
(c) Bury the bodies.
(d) Burn the bodies.
13. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
(a) Richie is sure the Americans are the "good guys."
(b) Richie is unsure who the "good guys" in the war are.
(c) Richie is sure the Vietcong are the "good guys."
(d) Richie is sure that there are not "good guys" in the war.
14. In Earlene's letter to Richie, what does she apologize for?
(a) Marrying another man.
(b) Going on a date with another man.
(c) Not writing as often as promised.
(d) Not praying for him anymore.
15. Where do Richie and Peewee make their way to after being separated from the squad?
(a) Out to an open field.
(b) Back to their camp.
(c) Back to the original chopper landing zone.
(d) They travel nowhere, opting to stay in the place they were separated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
2. What does Richie think that his time in the hospital has done to him?
3. Who opens fire on the Vietnamese soldiers?
4. Which of the following soldiers does NOT have a letter from Gearhart to his wife in their possession?
5. What type of award is Richie given from the army after his injuries?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)