|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers in Richie's platoon are promoted after the village ambush?
(a) Five of them.
(b) Ten of them.
(c) All of them.
(d) None of them.
2. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all black.
(b) Because they are all afraid.
(c) Because they are all in the same platoon.
(d) Because they are all poor.
3. What is the name of the soldier that approaches Richie and Peewee in the breakfast hall?
4. During the prayer, what is Jenkins called?
(a) A Fallen Angel.
(b) A Precious Angel.
(c) An Earthly Man.
(d) An Angel Warrior.
5. While in high school, what did Richie want to be when he grew up?
(a) A musician.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A soldier.
(d) An artist.
6. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Richie joined the army?
(a) To kill his enemy, the Vietcong.
(b) To avoid answering questions about his future.
(c) To send money home to his family.
(d) Because he thought that the war was about to end.
7. What is the name of the company that Richie is sent on patrol with after missing his own squad's patrol?
(a) Choo-Choo Company.
(b) Charlie Company.
(c) Cheese Company.
(d) Champion Company.
8. What is the name of the new Lieutenant of Richie's platoon.
9. Who approaches Richie to tell him that his medical records still haven't arrived?
(a) Lieutenant Boyle.
(b) Lieutenant Carroll.
(c) Sergeant Simpson.
(d) Captain Stewart.
10. Who is the lead actress in the movie that the soldiers watch over and over during their slow days?
(a) Julie Andrews.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Elizabeth Taylor.
(d) Judy Garland.
11. Who does Johnson get into a racially charged argument with?
(c) Sergeant Simpson.
12. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New Orleans.
13. Which soldier approaches Richie to confess that he believes he is responsible for their leader's death during the ambush?
14. From which soldier does Richie borrow a Bible so that he can read the Lord's prayer?
15. Which soldier is well known for doing funny imitations of voices?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
2. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
3. To keep his mind off of the fears of dying, what does Richie fantasize about while fighting?
4. How does Richie injure his knee?
5. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)