|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Richie's regular board game opponent?
2. What happens when the soldiers are sent to protect another company from the encroaching enemy?
(a) Richie accidentally kills a fellow soldier with friendly fire.
(b) Richie saves Peewee from a grenade.
(c) Richie kills his first enemy soldier.
(d) Nothing happens.
3. What is the name of the soldier that was once a star high school athlete?
4. What type of home remedy does Peewee purchase from a local healer?
(a) Skin-lightening cream.
(b) Hair-growing serum.
(c) Muscle-relaxing gel.
(d) Height lotion.
5. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
(b) Antihistimine pills.
(c) Iodine pills.
(d) Malaria pills.
6. How long do Peewee and Richie wait before receiving their camp assignment?
(a) Forty days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Twenty days.
7. Which military leader dies in a hospital after the attack?
(a) Lieutenant Doyle.
(b) Lieutenant Carroll.
(c) Captain Stewart.
(d) Sergeant Simpson.
8. How many soldiers in Richie's platoon are promoted after the village ambush?
(a) All of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) Ten of them.
(d) Five of them.
9. When the soldiers are at their layover in Japan, where are they forced to sleep?
(a) On wooden benches.
(b) On a cement floor.
(c) In their airplane seats.
(d) On dirty matresses.
10. Which of the following adjectives best describes Lieutenant Carroll?
11. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
(a) A black panther.
(b) The enemy.
(c) A film camera.
(d) His mother.
12. During the prayer, what is Jenkins called?
(a) An Earthly Man.
(b) A Precious Angel.
(c) A Fallen Angel.
(d) An Angel Warrior.
13. What is the name of the soldier who begins crying on the truck ride to the new camp?
14. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
(a) He eats a poisonous plant.
(b) He steps on a landmine.
(c) He throws his body on a grenade.
(d) He is shot through the heart.
15. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) His priest's address.
(b) His mother's address.
(c) His little sister's address.
(d) A Hollywood actress's address.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are the soldiers NOT warned away from at their new camp?
2. When the troops go on pacification missions, who are they trying to convince the villagers are the enemy?
3. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
4. Which soldier is well known for doing funny imitations of voices?
5. What is the name of the company that Richie is sent on patrol with after missing his own squad's patrol?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)