|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all in the same platoon.
(b) Because they are all black.
(c) Because they are all afraid.
(d) Because they are all poor.
2. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) His mother's address.
(b) A Hollywood actress's address.
(c) His priest's address.
(d) His little sister's address.
3. Which of the following best describes Richie's feelings during the ambush?
4. What position did Jenkins's father hold in the army?
(a) A sergeant.
(b) A lieutenant.
(c) A colonel.
(d) A captain.
5. When Richie is pondering his own death, who does he wonder will miss him?
(a) His mother.
(c) The army.
6. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
(a) In an exploded tank.
(b) Out at sea.
(c) In a ditch.
(d) On top of a mountain.
7. In what neighborhood did Richie grow up?
(a) Hell's Kitchen.
(c) The Bronx.
8. Which military leader dies in a hospital after the attack?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(b) Sergeant Simpson.
(c) Lieutenant Doyle.
(d) Lieutenant Carroll.
9. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
10. While in high school, what did Richie want to be when he grew up?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A musician.
(d) An artist.
11. What is Peewee's girlfriend's name?
12. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Civil War.
13. Which soldier gets into a fight with the cook?
14. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
(a) His chemistry teacher.
(b) His gym teacher.
(c) His math teacher.
(d) His English teacher.
15. When the troops go on pacification missions, who are they trying to convince the villagers are the enemy?
(a) The American soldiers.
(b) The French.
(c) Their fellow villagers.
(d) The communists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Lobel's family is a film director?
2. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
3. Which of the following does Richie NOT wonder about the dead Vietcong soldier?
4. Which soldier approaches Richie to confess that he believes he is responsible for their leader's death during the ambush?
5. During the slow days, what reports do the soldiers listen to on the radio?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)