|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Johnson get into a racially charged argument with?
(a) Sergeant Simpson.
2. What board game does Richie play twice a week?
(b) Chinese checkers.
3. Which of the following soldiers are not patroling for the first time?
4. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
5. What is Richie's response to the offer regarding his medical records?
(a) He says that he has to think about the offer.
(b) He says that the offer is unfair to him.
(c) He accepts the offer.
(d) He rejects the offer.
6. What type of airplane does the squad hear flying close to them while they are having a quiet day?
(a) A fighter jet.
(b) A Boeing 747.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A stealth missile.
7. What type of home remedy does Peewee purchase from a local healer?
(a) Height lotion.
(b) Hair-growing serum.
(c) Skin-lightening cream.
(d) Muscle-relaxing gel.
8. What is Judy Duncan's occupation?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is a soldier.
(d) She is a cook.
9. Where is the man living that Richie used to write letters to and contemplates asking the man to return the favor?
(a) In a trailer park.
(b) In the projects.
(c) In prison.
(d) In a nursing home.
10. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four months.
11. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) St. Louis.
12. While at the airport in Japan, who does Richie purchase a souvenir for?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
13. Why does Richie continually want to write letters to his brother?
(a) To make his brother proud.
(b) To vent some of his emotions.
(c) To practice his handwriting.
(d) To brag about the work he is doing.
14. Which of the following best describes Richie's feelings during the ambush?
15. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which soldier approaches Richie to confess that he believes he is responsible for their leader's death during the ambush?
2. What medical problem does Richie come down with, prompting him to take several days off to recover?
3. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
4. How many soldiers in Richie's platoon are promoted after the village ambush?
5. What does Jenkins tell Richie that he fears about being in the army?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)