|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His grandfather.
2. How does Richie injure his knee?
(a) Playing baseball.
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Playing football.
(d) Playing soccer.
3. Who approaches Richie to tell him that his medical records still haven't arrived?
(a) Lieutenant Boyle.
(b) Captain Stewart.
(c) Lieutenant Carroll.
(d) Sergeant Simpson.
4. After the first Vietcong enemy was killed, how many enemies does Sergeant Simpson claim were killed?
5. What is the name of the soldier that approaches Richie and Peewee in the breakfast hall?
6. Which soldier approaches Richie to confess that he believes he is responsible for their leader's death during the ambush?
7. When Richie is pondering his own death, who does he wonder will miss him?
(b) His mother.
(c) The army.
8. What is the name of the soldier who begins crying on the truck ride to the new camp?
9. During the friendly fire of the Charlie Company patrol, how many American soldiers are killed?
(d) No American soldiers were killed.
10. Why does Richie continually want to write letters to his brother?
(a) To vent some of his emotions.
(b) To practice his handwriting.
(c) To make his brother proud.
(d) To brag about the work he is doing.
11. What is the name of the soldier that Richie is paired up with during his Charlie Company patrol?
12. Where is the man living that Richie used to write letters to and contemplates asking the man to return the favor?
(a) In the projects.
(b) In a trailer park.
(c) In a nursing home.
(d) In prison.
13. Who does Johnson get into a racially charged argument with?
(c) Sergeant Simpson.
14. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
15. What is the name of the camp where Peewee and Richie's platoon is sent?
(a) Chunrong Lia.
(b) Lia ChaCha.
(c) Lia Chun.
(d) Chu Lia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer is Richie given in regards to his medical records?
2. In what state does Richie complete his basic training?
3. Who is the lead actress in the movie that the soldiers watch over and over during their slow days?
4. What name is Johnson called by another character, prompting a racially charged arguement?
5. Which of the following are the soldiers NOT warned away from at their new camp?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)