|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Richie's younger brother?
2. What type of home remedy does Peewee purchase from a local healer?
(a) Skin-lightening cream.
(b) Height lotion.
(c) Hair-growing serum.
(d) Muscle-relaxing gel.
3. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
4. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. In a note to Peewee, who does Earlene promise to name her next child after?
(a) After Peewee.
(b) After Jenkins, who was killed in battle.
(c) After her new husband.
(d) After her father.
6. While in high school, what did Richie want to be when he grew up?
(a) An artist.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A musician.
7. What name is Johnson called by another character, prompting a racially charged arguement?
(a) A "Cootie."
(b) A "Bootie."
(c) A "Tootie."
(d) A "Fruity."
8. How are the injured American soldiers transported out of the battle zone?
(a) By airplane.
(b) By cab.
(c) By helicopter.
(d) By train.
9. What is the name of the young, black medic?
10. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
(a) Brew never wants to leave the army.
(b) A professional athlete.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A priest.
11. Who is the first person that Peewee accuses of being a "Cong"?
(a) Their commanding officer.
(b) Their laundress.
(c) Their cleaning woman.
(d) Their cook.
12. Which of the following soldiers admits to joining the army so that his father wouldn't think that he was gay?
13. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) Out at sea.
(c) On top of a mountain.
(d) In an exploded tank.
14. What state is the extraordinarily strong black soldier from?
15. When the soldiers are at their layover in Japan, where are they forced to sleep?
(a) On wooden benches.
(b) In their airplane seats.
(c) On dirty matresses.
(d) On a cement floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the troops receive word about Charlie Company, how many of their men have been lost?
2. What is Judy Duncan's occupation?
3. Which military leader is rumored to have attempted to dodge the draft?
4. What is the name of the soldier that Richie is paired up with during his Charlie Company patrol?
5. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)