|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier that approaches Richie and Peewee in the breakfast hall?
2. Who approaches Richie to tell him that his medical records still haven't arrived?
(a) Sergeant Simpson.
(b) Lieutenant Carroll.
(c) Captain Stewart.
(d) Lieutenant Boyle.
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Richie joined the army?
(a) To kill his enemy, the Vietcong.
(b) To avoid answering questions about his future.
(c) To send money home to his family.
(d) Because he thought that the war was about to end.
4. To what country is Richie sent to fight in the army?
5. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) His little sister's address.
(b) His mother's address.
(c) A Hollywood actress's address.
(d) His priest's address.
6. What is Richie's response to the offer regarding his medical records?
(a) He rejects the offer.
(b) He accepts the offer.
(c) He says that the offer is unfair to him.
(d) He says that he has to think about the offer.
7. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) His brother.
8. How does Richie injure his knee?
(a) Playing football.
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) Playing baseball.
(d) Playing soccer.
9. Which military leader is rumored to have attempted to dodge the draft?
(a) Lieutenant Doyle.
(b) Sergean Simpson.
(c) Lieutenant Carroll.
(d) Captain Stewart.
10. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
11. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
(a) Uncle Bills.
(b) Aunt Pats.
(c) Uncle Toms.
(d) Aunt Marys.
12. After receiving a letter from his mother, what does Richie realize about their relationship?
(a) That he needs her more than ever now.
(b) That his mother never loved him.
(c) That he never wants to be a parent himself.
(d) That she is not his real mother.
13. How are the injured American soldiers transported out of the battle zone?
(a) By train.
(b) By cab.
(c) By helicopter.
(d) By airplane.
14. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
(a) His English teacher.
(b) His math teacher.
(c) His chemistry teacher.
(d) His gym teacher.
15. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
2. When going on pacification missions, Lobel compares their company to outlaws in what type of movie?
3. Which military leader dies in a hospital after the attack?
4. What medical problem does Richie come down with, prompting him to take several days off to recover?
5. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)