|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Peewee and Richie wait before receiving their camp assignment?
(a) Twenty days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Forty days.
(d) Two days.
2. What is the name of the company that Richie is sent on patrol with after missing his own squad's patrol?
(a) Champion Company.
(b) Choo-Choo Company.
(c) Cheese Company.
(d) Charlie Company.
3. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
4. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
5. When the troops receive word about Charlie Company, how many of their men have been lost?
6. From which soldier does Richie borrow a Bible so that he can read the Lord's prayer?
7. In a note to Peewee, who does Earlene promise to name her next child after?
(a) After her new husband.
(b) After Peewee.
(c) After Jenkins, who was killed in battle.
(d) After her father.
8. Which soldier kills the first enemy soldier that Richie sees?
9. While in high school, what did Richie want to be when he grew up?
(a) A soldier.
(b) An artist.
(c) A musician.
(d) A philosopher.
10. Which of the following are the soldiers NOT warned away from at their new camp?
(a) The local medication.
(b) The local women.
(c) The black market.
(d) The local cuisine.
11. What is the name of the military leader that wants to kill more Vietcong so that he will be promoted?
(a) Lieutenant Carroll.
(b) Lieutenant Boyle.
(c) Sergeant Simpson.
(d) Captain Stewart.
12. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all black.
(b) Because they are all afraid.
(c) Because they are all poor.
(d) Because they are all in the same platoon.
13. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
(a) His mother.
(b) The enemy.
(c) A black panther.
(d) A film camera.
14. What is the name of Richie's regular board game opponent?
15. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
(a) His gym teacher.
(b) His chemistry teacher.
(c) His English teacher.
(d) His math teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following soldiers are not patroling for the first time?
2. After the first Vietcong enemy was killed, how many enemies does Sergeant Simpson claim were killed?
3. What does Jenkins tell Richie that he fears about being in the army?
4. What medical problem does Richie come down with, prompting him to take several days off to recover?
5. Which member of Lobel's family is a film director?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)