|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
2. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
(a) Antihistimine pills.
(b) Malaria pills.
(c) Iodine pills.
3. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
(a) The comedic black soldier.
(b) The baby-faced vlack soldier.
(c) The heroic black soldier.
(d) The feared black soldier.
4. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
(a) Because he enjoys traveling and this was the easiest way for him to see the world.
(b) Because he was homeless before, and how he has a home.
(c) Because he feels like an equal to everyone else.
(d) Because he feels empowered holding a gun.
5. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
6. Why does Richie continually want to write letters to his brother?
(a) To make his brother proud.
(b) To practice his handwriting.
(c) To vent some of his emotions.
(d) To brag about the work he is doing.
7. Which soldier is well known for doing funny imitations of voices?
8. In what state does Richie complete his basic training?
9. What state is the extraordinarily strong black soldier from?
10. What is the name of the soldier that was once a star high school athlete?
11. During the friendly fire of the Charlie Company patrol, how many American soldiers are killed?
(a) No American soldiers were killed.
12. Which of the following soldiers are not patroling for the first time?
13. What happens when the soldiers are sent to protect another company from the encroaching enemy?
(a) Richie saves Peewee from a grenade.
(b) Richie accidentally kills a fellow soldier with friendly fire.
(c) Nothing happens.
(d) Richie kills his first enemy soldier.
14. Which military leader is rumored to have attempted to dodge the draft?
(a) Lieutenant Carroll.
(b) Sergean Simpson.
(c) Captain Stewart.
(d) Lieutenant Doyle.
15. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
(a) Out at sea.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) In an exploded tank.
(d) On top of a mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What board game does Richie play twice a week?
2. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
3. What city is Peewee from?
4. How are the injured American soldiers transported out of the battle zone?
5. Who approaches Richie to tell him that his medical records still haven't arrived?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)