|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
2. Which of the following does Richie NOT wonder about the dead Vietcong soldier?
(a) What his life in Vietnam was like.
(b) What his hopes for the future were.
(c) Whether or not he had children.
(d) What his family was like.
3. In a note to Peewee, who does Earlene promise to name her next child after?
(a) After Peewee.
(b) After her father.
(c) After Jenkins, who was killed in battle.
(d) After her new husband.
4. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
(a) In an exploded tank.
(b) On top of a mountain.
(c) Out at sea.
(d) In a ditch.
5. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
6. What is the name of Richie's regular board game opponent?
7. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
(a) The feared black soldier.
(b) The baby-faced vlack soldier.
(c) The heroic black soldier.
(d) The comedic black soldier.
8. What is the name of the company that Richie is sent on patrol with after missing his own squad's patrol?
(a) Cheese Company.
(b) Champion Company.
(c) Charlie Company.
(d) Choo-Choo Company.
9. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
(a) Under appreciated soldiers.
(b) Heroic soldiers.
(c) Comedic soldiers.
(d) Virgin soldiers.
10. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should mingle?
(a) Their spit.
(b) Their blood.
(c) Their skin.
(d) Their urine.
11. When he was in high school, who told Richie that he had a good shot of getting into college?
(a) No one ever gave Richie any academic hopes.
(b) His mother.
(c) His English teacher.
(d) His guidance councelor.
12. What is the name of the soldier who begins crying on the truck ride to the new camp?
13. Which of the following adjectives best describes Lieutenant Carroll?
14. Who is the lead actress in the movie that the soldiers watch over and over during their slow days?
(a) Elizabeth Taylor.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Judy Garland.
(d) Julie Andrews.
15. Which soldier kills the first enemy soldier that Richie sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
2. From which soldier does Richie borrow a Bible so that he can read the Lord's prayer?
3. When the troops receive word about Charlie Company, how many of their men have been lost?
4. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
5. What is the name of the soldier that approaches Richie and Peewee in the breakfast hall?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)