|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of home remedy does Peewee purchase from a local healer?
(a) Hair-growing serum.
(b) Skin-lightening cream.
(c) Height lotion.
(d) Muscle-relaxing gel.
2. What is Peewee's girlfriend's name?
3. What is the name of the soldier who begins crying on the truck ride to the new camp?
4. After the pacification mission, who comes to attack the villagers?
(a) Vietcong soldiers.
(b) French soldiers.
(c) British soldiers.
(d) American soldiers.
5. Who is the lead actress in the movie that the soldiers watch over and over during their slow days?
(a) Julie Andrews.
(b) Elizabeth Taylor.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Judy Garland.
6. In what state does Richard Perry live as a high school student?
(d) New York.
7. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
(a) Comedic soldiers.
(b) Heroic soldiers.
(c) Under appreciated soldiers.
(d) Virgin soldiers.
8. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
(a) A secretarial job.
(b) A translation job.
(c) A medic's job.
(d) An office job.
9. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
10. Which of the following soldiers admits to joining the army so that his father wouldn't think that he was gay?
11. Which soldier gets into a fight with the cook?
12. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) New Orleans.
13. What name is Johnson called by another character, prompting a racially charged arguement?
(a) A "Fruity."
(b) A "Bootie."
(c) A "Tootie."
(d) A "Cootie."
14. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
(a) Because he feels like an equal to everyone else.
(b) Because he feels empowered holding a gun.
(c) Because he enjoys traveling and this was the easiest way for him to see the world.
(d) Because he was homeless before, and how he has a home.
15. During the prayer, what is Jenkins called?
(a) A Precious Angel.
(b) An Earthly Man.
(c) An Angel Warrior.
(d) A Fallen Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier that Richie is paired up with during his Charlie Company patrol?
2. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
3. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
4. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
5. What is the name of the soldier that approaches Richie and Peewee in the breakfast hall?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)