|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Peewee's girlfriend write to tell him?
(a) That she has dropped out of school.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she has gotten married.
(d) That she has joined the army.
2. In what state does Richard Perry live as a high school student?
(a) New York.
3. While in high school, what did Richie want to be when he grew up?
(a) A musician.
(b) An artist.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A philosopher.
4. What is Peewee's real name?
(a) Humphry Gates.
(b) Henry Gates.
(c) Harold Gates.
(d) Howard Gates.
5. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
(a) A professional athlete.
(b) Brew never wants to leave the army.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A priest.
6. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
7. Why does Richie continually want to write letters to his brother?
(a) To brag about the work he is doing.
(b) To practice his handwriting.
(c) To vent some of his emotions.
(d) To make his brother proud.
8. What state is the extraordinarily strong black soldier from?
9. What is the name of the young, black medic?
10. Which soldier gets into a fight with the cook?
11. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
12. In a note to Peewee, who does Earlene promise to name her next child after?
(a) After her new husband.
(b) After Jenkins, who was killed in battle.
(c) After Peewee.
(d) After her father.
13. What is the name of the soldier that Richie is paired up with during his Charlie Company patrol?
14. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
(a) His mother.
(b) A black panther.
(c) A film camera.
(d) The enemy.
15. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Richie joined the army?
3. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
4. During the slow days, what reports do the soldiers listen to on the radio?
5. When going on pacification missions, Lobel compares their company to outlaws in what type of movie?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)