|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all black.
(b) Because they are all poor.
(c) Because they are all in the same platoon.
(d) Because they are all afraid.
2. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A priest.
(c) A professional athlete.
(d) Brew never wants to leave the army.
3. During the prayer, what is Jenkins called?
(a) A Fallen Angel.
(b) A Precious Angel.
(c) An Earthly Man.
(d) An Angel Warrior.
4. What is the name of the new Lieutenant of Richie's platoon.
5. How does Lieutenant Doyle feel about this war?
(a) That this war is the supreme battle of good versus evil.
(b) That the Vietnamese deserve to be attacked.
(c) That if America hadn't stepped in, Vietnam would crumble.
(d) That it is not his war to fight.
6. What is Richie's response to the offer regarding his medical records?
(a) He says that he has to think about the offer.
(b) He rejects the offer.
(c) He says that the offer is unfair to him.
(d) He accepts the offer.
7. In a note to Peewee, who does Earlene promise to name her next child after?
(a) After Jenkins, who was killed in battle.
(b) After her father.
(c) After Peewee.
(d) After her new husband.
8. In what state does Richard Perry live as a high school student?
(a) New York.
9. Who approaches Richie to tell him that his medical records still haven't arrived?
(a) Lieutenant Carroll.
(b) Captain Stewart.
(c) Lieutenant Boyle.
(d) Sergeant Simpson.
10. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
11. To keep his mind off of the fears of dying, what does Richie fantasize about while fighting?
(a) Beautiful women.
(b) Taking a long vacation.
(c) Expensive cars.
(d) Foreign wine.
12. Which soldier approaches Richie to confess that he believes he is responsible for their leader's death during the ambush?
13. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Richie joined the army?
(a) To kill his enemy, the Vietcong.
(b) Because he thought that the war was about to end.
(c) To avoid answering questions about his future.
(d) To send money home to his family.
14. During the friendly fire of the Charlie Company patrol, how many American soldiers are killed?
(d) No American soldiers were killed.
15. While at the airport in Japan, who does Richie purchase a souvenir for?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Richie's feelings during the ambush?
2. What type of airplane does the squad hear flying close to them while they are having a quiet day?
3. How does Richie injure his knee?
4. When the troops go on pacification missions, who are they trying to convince the villagers are the enemy?
5. After the first Vietcong enemy was killed, how many enemies does Sergeant Simpson claim were killed?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)