|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richie continually want to write letters to his brother?
(a) To make his brother proud.
(b) To practice his handwriting.
(c) To brag about the work he is doing.
(d) To vent some of his emotions.
2. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
(a) Because he enjoys traveling and this was the easiest way for him to see the world.
(b) Because he feels like an equal to everyone else.
(c) Because he was homeless before, and how he has a home.
(d) Because he feels empowered holding a gun.
3. What is Peewee's girlfriend's name?
4. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
(a) He feels excited.
(b) He feels terrified.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He feels apathetic.
5. To what country is Richie sent to fight in the army?
6. Which soldier approaches Richie to confess that he believes he is responsible for their leader's death during the ambush?
7. What is the name of the soldier who begins crying on the truck ride to the new camp?
8. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
(a) To make love to a foreign woman.
(b) To speak another language.
(c) To smoke a cigar.
(d) To drink wine from a bottle with a cork.
9. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
(a) Malaria pills.
(c) Antihistimine pills.
(d) Iodine pills.
10. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
(a) Under appreciated soldiers.
(b) Heroic soldiers.
(c) Comedic soldiers.
(d) Virgin soldiers.
11. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
(a) A priest.
(b) Brew never wants to leave the army.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A professional athlete.
12. What is the name of the soldier that approaches Richie and Peewee in the breakfast hall?
13. In what state does Richard Perry live as a high school student?
(d) New York.
14. What is the name of the military leader that wants to kill more Vietcong so that he will be promoted?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(b) Sergeant Simpson.
(c) Lieutenant Carroll.
(d) Lieutenant Boyle.
15. Which of the following best describes Richie's feelings during the ambush?
Short Answer Questions
1. To keep his mind off of the fears of dying, what does Richie fantasize about while fighting?
2. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
3. What is the name of the soldier that Richie is paired up with during his Charlie Company patrol?
4. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
5. What is Judy Duncan's occupation?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)