|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which soldier approaches Richie to confess that he believes he is responsible for their leader's death during the ambush?
2. When the troops go on pacification missions, who are they trying to convince the villagers are the enemy?
(a) Their fellow villagers.
(b) The French.
(c) The American soldiers.
(d) The communists.
3. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He feels apathetic.
(c) He feels excited.
(d) He feels terrified.
4. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
(a) Out at sea.
(b) On top of a mountain.
(c) In a ditch.
(d) In an exploded tank.
5. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
6. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
(a) A priest.
(b) Brew never wants to leave the army.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A professional athlete.
7. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
(a) An office job.
(b) A secretarial job.
(c) A medic's job.
(d) A translation job.
8. What offer is Richie given in regards to his medical records?
(a) To have his medical records expunged.
(b) To drop out of the army entirely.
(c) To select one soldier to go home with him.
(d) To leave when his knee begins hurting.
9. Who does Peewee talk to in a storage shed?
(a) An enemy soldier.
(b) A foreign woman.
(d) A priest.
10. What is the name of the camp where Peewee and Richie's platoon is sent?
(a) Lia Chun.
(b) Chu Lia.
(c) Chunrong Lia.
(d) Lia ChaCha.
11. What medical problem does Richie come down with, prompting him to take several days off to recover?
(a) A skeletal problem.
(b) A circulatory problem.
(c) An intestinal problem.
(d) A glandular problem.
12. Which of the following does Richie NOT wonder about the dead Vietcong soldier?
(a) What his family was like.
(b) What his hopes for the future were.
(c) Whether or not he had children.
(d) What his life in Vietnam was like.
13. What state is the extraordinarily strong black soldier from?
14. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) A Hollywood actress's address.
(b) His priest's address.
(c) His little sister's address.
(d) His mother's address.
15. Which soldier gets into a fight with the cook?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
2. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
3. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
4. What is the name of Richie's regular board game opponent?
5. Which of the following soldiers are not patroling for the first time?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)