|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
(a) Because he feels empowered holding a gun.
(b) Because he enjoys traveling and this was the easiest way for him to see the world.
(c) Because he was homeless before, and how he has a home.
(d) Because he feels like an equal to everyone else.
2. Which of the following soldiers admits to joining the army so that his father wouldn't think that he was gay?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
(a) To drink wine from a bottle with a cork.
(b) To smoke a cigar.
(c) To speak another language.
(d) To make love to a foreign woman.
4. What type of airplane does the squad hear flying close to them while they are having a quiet day?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A stealth missile.
(c) A Boeing 747.
(d) A fighter jet.
5. Which of the following best describes Richie's feelings during the ambush?
6. What is Judy Duncan's occupation?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a soldier.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a cook.
7. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
(a) A priest.
(b) A professional athlete.
(c) Brew never wants to leave the army.
(d) A teacher.
8. After the pacification mission, who comes to attack the villagers?
(a) French soldiers.
(b) American soldiers.
(c) British soldiers.
(d) Vietcong soldiers.
9. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
(a) Because he forgets to load his gun.
(b) Because his hand is shaking too much to pull the trigger.
(c) Because Richie is in the hospital instead of at the attack.
(d) Because Richie refuses to shoot to kill.
10. What is the name of the young, black medic?
11. What is the name of the soldier that was once a star high school athlete?
12. What city is Lobel obsessed with, and constantly speaks about?
(a) Las Vegas.
(d) New York.
13. During the friendly fire of the Charlie Company patrol, how many American soldiers are killed?
(b) No American soldiers were killed.
14. Which soldier is well known for doing funny imitations of voices?
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes Lieutenant Carroll?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richie injure his knee?
2. What happens when the soldiers are sent to protect another company from the encroaching enemy?
3. Which soldier kills the first enemy soldier that Richie sees?
4. During the prayer, what is Jenkins called?
5. What is the name of the company that Richie is sent on patrol with after missing his own squad's patrol?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)