|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
2. Who leads the prayer over Jenkins' body when he dies?
(b) Captain Stewart.
(c) Lieutenant Carroll.
3. Which soldier approaches Richie to confess that he believes he is responsible for their leader's death during the ambush?
4. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should mingle?
(a) Their blood.
(b) Their urine.
(c) Their spit.
(d) Their skin.
5. What city is Peewee from?
(c) New York.
(d) San Diego.
6. From which soldier does Richie borrow a Bible so that he can read the Lord's prayer?
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Lieutenant Carroll?
8. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
9. In what neighborhood did Richie grow up?
(b) Hell's Kitchen.
(c) The Bronx.
10. After the first Vietcong enemy was killed, how many enemies does Sergeant Simpson claim were killed?
11. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
12. In what state does Richie complete his basic training?
13. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
(a) Because Richie refuses to shoot to kill.
(b) Because Richie is in the hospital instead of at the attack.
(c) Because he forgets to load his gun.
(d) Because his hand is shaking too much to pull the trigger.
14. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
(a) His chemistry teacher.
(b) His gym teacher.
(c) His math teacher.
(d) His English teacher.
15. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
(a) Antihistimine pills.
(b) Malaria pills.
(d) Iodine pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Johnson get into a racially charged argument with?
2. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
3. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
4. Which soldier kills the first enemy soldier that Richie sees?
5. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)