Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenkins tell Richie that he fears about being in the army?
(a) That he won't be good at his job.
(b) That he will have to kill others.
(c) That he will be killed.
(d) That he will love war.
2. Who approaches Richie to tell him that his medical records still haven't arrived?
(a) Lieutenant Boyle.
(b) Captain Stewart.
(c) Lieutenant Carroll.
(d) Sergeant Simpson.
3. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
(a) The heroic black soldier.
(b) The baby-faced vlack soldier.
(c) The comedic black soldier.
(d) The feared black soldier.
4. What is Judy Duncan's occupation?
(a) She is a cook.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a soldier.
(d) She is a nurse.
5. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Civil War.
6. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
(a) Malaria pills.
(c) Iodine pills.
(d) Antihistimine pills.
7. In what neighborhood did Richie grow up?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) Hell's Kitchen.
8. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
9. Which of the following are the soldiers NOT warned away from at their new camp?
(a) The black market.
(b) The local women.
(c) The local cuisine.
(d) The local medication.
10. What is the name of Richie's younger brother?
11. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Ten months.
(d) Twelve months.
12. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
(a) A professional athlete.
(b) A teacher.
(c) Brew never wants to leave the army.
(d) A priest.
13. Who does Johnson get into a racially charged argument with?
(b) Sergeant Simpson.
14. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
15. During the friendly fire of the Charlie Company patrol, how many American soldiers are killed?
(b) No American soldiers were killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following soldiers are not patroling for the first time?
2. Which of the following best describes Richie's feelings during the ambush?
3. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
4. Which soldier gets into a fight with the cook?
5. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)