|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
(a) Malaria pills.
(b) Antihistimine pills.
(d) Iodine pills.
2. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
3. In what state does Richie complete his basic training?
4. How long do Peewee and Richie wait before receiving their camp assignment?
(a) Twenty days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Forty days.
5. Which member of Lobel's family is a film director?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His cousin.
6. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should mingle?
(a) Their skin.
(b) Their spit.
(c) Their urine.
(d) Their blood.
7. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
8. What is Peewee's real name?
(a) Howard Gates.
(b) Henry Gates.
(c) Harold Gates.
(d) Humphry Gates.
9. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
(a) A secretarial job.
(b) An office job.
(c) A translation job.
(d) A medic's job.
10. Where is the man living that Richie used to write letters to and contemplates asking the man to return the favor?
(a) In a nursing home.
(b) In prison.
(c) In a trailer park.
(d) In the projects.
11. Which military leader dies in a hospital after the attack?
(a) Sergeant Simpson.
(b) Lieutenant Doyle.
(c) Captain Stewart.
(d) Lieutenant Carroll.
12. In a note to Peewee, who does Earlene promise to name her next child after?
(a) After her new husband.
(b) After Peewee.
(c) After Jenkins, who was killed in battle.
(d) After her father.
13. Which of the following does Richie NOT wonder about the dead Vietcong soldier?
(a) What his hopes for the future were.
(b) What his life in Vietnam was like.
(c) What his family was like.
(d) Whether or not he had children.
14. During the friendly fire of the Charlie Company patrol, how many American soldiers are killed?
(b) No American soldiers were killed.
15. During the prayer, what is Jenkins called?
(a) An Angel Warrior.
(b) A Fallen Angel.
(c) An Earthly Man.
(d) A Precious Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richie continually want to write letters to his brother?
2. What is Peewee's girlfriend's name?
3. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
4. What name is Johnson called by another character, prompting a racially charged arguement?
5. When the soldiers are at their layover in Japan, where are they forced to sleep?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)