|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the military leader that wants to kill more Vietcong so that he will be promoted?
(a) Lieutenant Carroll.
(b) Lieutenant Boyle.
(c) Captain Stewart.
(d) Sergeant Simpson.
2. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
(a) He is shot through the heart.
(b) He throws his body on a grenade.
(c) He eats a poisonous plant.
(d) He steps on a landmine.
3. What city is Lobel obsessed with, and constantly speaks about?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) New York.
4. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
5. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
(a) In an exploded tank.
(b) Out at sea.
(c) In a ditch.
(d) On top of a mountain.
6. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
(a) To make love to a foreign woman.
(b) To drink wine from a bottle with a cork.
(c) To speak another language.
(d) To smoke a cigar.
7. What is Peewee's girlfriend's name?
8. While at the airport in Japan, who does Richie purchase a souvenir for?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
9. What is Peewee's real name?
(a) Harold Gates.
(b) Howard Gates.
(c) Henry Gates.
(d) Humphry Gates.
10. Which soldier is well known for doing funny imitations of voices?
11. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
12. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
13. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A priest.
(c) Brew never wants to leave the army.
(d) A professional athlete.
14. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New Orleans.
15. Which of the following are the soldiers NOT warned away from at their new camp?
(a) The local cuisine.
(b) The local women.
(c) The black market.
(d) The local medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
2. How long do Peewee and Richie wait before receiving their camp assignment?
3. Who is the lead actress in the movie that the soldiers watch over and over during their slow days?
4. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
5. How does Lieutenant Doyle feel about this war?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)