|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
(a) Six months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Ten months.
(d) Four months.
2. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
3. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
4. What is the name of the soldier that approaches Richie and Peewee in the breakfast hall?
5. What is Richie's response to the offer regarding his medical records?
(a) He accepts the offer.
(b) He says that he has to think about the offer.
(c) He rejects the offer.
(d) He says that the offer is unfair to him.
6. What happens when the soldiers are sent to protect another company from the encroaching enemy?
(a) Nothing happens.
(b) Richie kills his first enemy soldier.
(c) Richie accidentally kills a fellow soldier with friendly fire.
(d) Richie saves Peewee from a grenade.
7. What name is Johnson called by another character, prompting a racially charged arguement?
(a) A "Fruity."
(b) A "Cootie."
(c) A "Bootie."
(d) A "Tootie."
8. During the prayer, what is Jenkins called?
(a) An Angel Warrior.
(b) A Fallen Angel.
(c) A Precious Angel.
(d) An Earthly Man.
9. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
(a) Brew never wants to leave the army.
(b) A professional athlete.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A priest.
10. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
11. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
(a) An office job.
(b) A secretarial job.
(c) A medic's job.
(d) A translation job.
12. What is the name of the soldier who begins crying on the truck ride to the new camp?
13. What is Judy Duncan's occupation?
(a) She is a soldier.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a cook.
14. Who does Johnson get into a racially charged argument with?
(d) Sergeant Simpson.
15. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
2. Which military leader is rumored to have attempted to dodge the draft?
3. After the pacification mission, who comes to attack the villagers?
4. What offer is Richie given in regards to his medical records?
5. What is the name of the camp where Peewee and Richie's platoon is sent?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)