|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
(a) Iodine pills.
(c) Antihistimine pills.
(d) Malaria pills.
2. What type of airplane does the squad hear flying close to them while they are having a quiet day?
(a) A Boeing 747.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A stealth missile.
(d) A fighter jet.
3. What is the name of Richie's younger brother?
4. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
(a) His gym teacher.
(b) His English teacher.
(c) His math teacher.
(d) His chemistry teacher.
5. What is the name of Richie's regular board game opponent?
6. When Richie is pondering his own death, who does he wonder will miss him?
(b) The army.
(d) His mother.
7. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
8. What is the name of the camp where Peewee and Richie's platoon is sent?
(a) Chu Lia.
(b) Lia ChaCha.
(c) Lia Chun.
(d) Chunrong Lia.
9. What is the name of the soldier that was once a star high school athlete?
10. What is Judy Duncan's occupation?
(a) She is a cook.
(b) She is a soldier.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a teacher.
11. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) His little sister's address.
(b) His priest's address.
(c) A Hollywood actress's address.
(d) His mother's address.
12. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
(a) Because he was homeless before, and how he has a home.
(b) Because he enjoys traveling and this was the easiest way for him to see the world.
(c) Because he feels empowered holding a gun.
(d) Because he feels like an equal to everyone else.
13. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
14. What is the name of the soldier that Richie is paired up with during his Charlie Company patrol?
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes Lieutenant Carroll?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the new Lieutenant of Richie's platoon.
2. Which of the following soldiers are not patroling for the first time?
3. What news does Peewee's girlfriend write to tell him?
4. When going on pacification missions, Lobel compares their company to outlaws in what type of movie?
5. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)