|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Johnson called by another character, prompting a racially charged arguement?
(a) A "Fruity."
(b) A "Cootie."
(c) A "Tootie."
(d) A "Bootie."
2. Which of the following best describes Richie's feelings during the ambush?
3. What is the name of the soldier that was once a star high school athlete?
4. When the troops go on pacification missions, who are they trying to convince the villagers are the enemy?
(a) The communists.
(b) The French.
(c) The American soldiers.
(d) Their fellow villagers.
5. Which of the following are the soldiers NOT warned away from at their new camp?
(a) The black market.
(b) The local women.
(c) The local medication.
(d) The local cuisine.
6. What state is the extraordinarily strong black soldier from?
7. Who is the lead actress in the movie that the soldiers watch over and over during their slow days?
(a) Judy Garland.
(b) Julie Andrews.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor.
8. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
(a) His English teacher.
(b) His gym teacher.
(c) His chemistry teacher.
(d) His math teacher.
9. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
10. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
(a) An office job.
(b) A translation job.
(c) A medic's job.
(d) A secretarial job.
11. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
(a) The comedic black soldier.
(b) The feared black soldier.
(c) The heroic black soldier.
(d) The baby-faced vlack soldier.
12. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
(a) He feels apathetic.
(b) He feels terrified.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He feels excited.
13. What is the name of the camp where Peewee and Richie's platoon is sent?
(a) Lia ChaCha.
(b) Chunrong Lia.
(c) Chu Lia.
(d) Lia Chun.
14. What is Richie's response to the offer regarding his medical records?
(a) He says that the offer is unfair to him.
(b) He says that he has to think about the offer.
(c) He rejects the offer.
(d) He accepts the offer.
15. What is the name of the new Lieutenant of Richie's platoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of home remedy does Peewee purchase from a local healer?
2. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
3. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
4. Which soldier kills the first enemy soldier that Richie sees?
5. How many soldiers in Richie's platoon are promoted after the village ambush?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)