|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
2. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
(a) His gym teacher.
(b) His English teacher.
(c) His math teacher.
(d) His chemistry teacher.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
(a) To smoke a cigar.
(b) To make love to a foreign woman.
(c) To speak another language.
(d) To drink wine from a bottle with a cork.
4. What happens when the soldiers are sent to protect another company from the encroaching enemy?
(a) Richie saves Peewee from a grenade.
(b) Richie accidentally kills a fellow soldier with friendly fire.
(c) Richie kills his first enemy soldier.
(d) Nothing happens.
5. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
6. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all poor.
(b) Because they are all afraid.
(c) Because they are all black.
(d) Because they are all in the same platoon.
7. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
8. What city is Lobel obsessed with, and constantly speaks about?
(a) New York.
(b) Las Vegas.
9. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
(a) Malaria pills.
(b) Iodine pills.
(d) Antihistimine pills.
10. What is Judy Duncan's occupation?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is a soldier.
(d) She is a cook.
11. How does Lieutenant Doyle feel about this war?
(a) That if America hadn't stepped in, Vietnam would crumble.
(b) That it is not his war to fight.
(c) That the Vietnamese deserve to be attacked.
(d) That this war is the supreme battle of good versus evil.
12. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
13. Which soldier is well known for doing funny imitations of voices?
14. What news does Peewee's girlfriend write to tell him?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she has joined the army.
(c) That she has dropped out of school.
(d) That she has gotten married.
15. Which of the following does Richie NOT wonder about the dead Vietcong soldier?
(a) Whether or not he had children.
(b) What his hopes for the future were.
(c) What his family was like.
(d) What his life in Vietnam was like.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a note to Peewee, who does Earlene promise to name her next child after?
2. Which of the following best describes Richie's feelings during the ambush?
3. Which of the following soldiers admits to joining the army so that his father wouldn't think that he was gay?
4. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
5. After the pacification mission, who comes to attack the villagers?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)