|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
(a) Aunt Marys.
(b) Aunt Pats.
(c) Uncle Bills.
(d) Uncle Toms.
2. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
(a) Under appreciated soldiers.
(b) Heroic soldiers.
(c) Virgin soldiers.
(d) Comedic soldiers.
3. Which of the following best describes Richie's feelings during the ambush?
4. What city is Lobel obsessed with, and constantly speaks about?
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) New York.
5. When the troops receive word about Charlie Company, how many of their men have been lost?
6. When Richie is pondering his own death, who does he wonder will miss him?
(b) His mother.
(c) The army.
7. What is the name of Richie's younger brother?
8. What is the name of the soldier that Richie is paired up with during his Charlie Company patrol?
9. Who approaches Richie to tell him that his medical records still haven't arrived?
(a) Sergeant Simpson.
(b) Lieutenant Boyle.
(c) Captain Stewart.
(d) Lieutenant Carroll.
10. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
(a) To speak another language.
(b) To smoke a cigar.
(c) To drink wine from a bottle with a cork.
(d) To make love to a foreign woman.
11. After the first Vietcong enemy was killed, how many enemies does Sergeant Simpson claim were killed?
12. While in high school, what did Richie want to be when he grew up?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A musician.
(d) An artist.
13. How long do Peewee and Richie wait before receiving their camp assignment?
(a) Forty days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Twenty days.
(d) Ten days.
14. In what state does Richie complete his basic training?
15. What is Peewee's girlfriend's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenkins tell Richie that he fears about being in the army?
2. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
3. Which of the following are the soldiers NOT warned away from at their new camp?
4. What is Peewee's real name?
5. In a note to Peewee, who does Earlene promise to name her next child after?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)