|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
(a) Brew never wants to leave the army.
(b) A priest.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A professional athlete.
2. During the prayer, what is Jenkins called?
(a) A Precious Angel.
(b) An Angel Warrior.
(c) A Fallen Angel.
(d) An Earthly Man.
3. Who is the first person that Peewee accuses of being a "Cong"?
(a) Their cook.
(b) Their laundress.
(c) Their commanding officer.
(d) Their cleaning woman.
4. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
5. What name is Johnson called by another character, prompting a racially charged arguement?
(a) A "Fruity."
(b) A "Bootie."
(c) A "Tootie."
(d) A "Cootie."
6. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
(b) Antihistimine pills.
(c) Malaria pills.
(d) Iodine pills.
7. After the first Vietcong enemy was killed, how many enemies does Sergeant Simpson claim were killed?
8. What is the name of the soldier that approaches Richie and Peewee in the breakfast hall?
9. What is the name of Richie's regular board game opponent?
10. When the troops go on pacification missions, who are they trying to convince the villagers are the enemy?
(a) The communists.
(b) Their fellow villagers.
(c) The American soldiers.
(d) The French.
11. What is the name of the camp where Peewee and Richie's platoon is sent?
(a) Chunrong Lia.
(b) Lia ChaCha.
(c) Lia Chun.
(d) Chu Lia.
12. Which of the following are the soldiers NOT warned away from at their new camp?
(a) The local cuisine.
(b) The local women.
(c) The black market.
(d) The local medication.
13. When the troops receive word about Charlie Company, how many of their men have been lost?
14. What offer is Richie given in regards to his medical records?
(a) To select one soldier to go home with him.
(b) To drop out of the army entirely.
(c) To leave when his knee begins hurting.
(d) To have his medical records expunged.
15. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
2. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
3. Who approaches Richie to tell him that his medical records still haven't arrived?
4. While in high school, what did Richie want to be when he grew up?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Richie joined the army?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)