|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose nineteenth birthday is celebrated by the troops when they return from the mission in the Vietnamese village?
2. What is the name of the soldier that was once a star high school athlete?
3. In Earlene's letter to Richie, what does she apologize for?
(a) Not praying for him anymore.
(b) Marrying another man.
(c) Not writing as often as promised.
(d) Going on a date with another man.
4. What is Peewee's real name?
(a) Humphry Gates.
(b) Howard Gates.
(c) Henry Gates.
(d) Harold Gates.
5. Who is loaded onto the helicopter with Richie after he has been shot?
(a) Sergeant Simpson.
(d) Lieutenant Doyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Richie and Peewee are separated from their squad, where do they spend the night?
2. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
3. Which of the following are the soldiers NOT warned away from at their new camp?
4. What is the name of the soldier who is mortally wounded during the same fight in which Richie is shot?
5. What American holiday is approaching at the same time as the Vietnamese New Year?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)