|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
(a) Because he was homeless before, and how he has a home.
(b) Because he feels empowered holding a gun.
(c) Because he feels like an equal to everyone else.
(d) Because he enjoys traveling and this was the easiest way for him to see the world.
2. Who opens fire on the Vietnamese soldiers?
(a) The rescue helicopters.
(b) No one opens fire on the Vietnamese ally soldiers.
(c) The recovery tanks.
(d) The front line soldiers.
3. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
(a) He throws his body on a grenade.
(b) He steps on a landmine.
(c) He is shot through the heart.
(d) He eats a poisonous plant.
4. To what country is Richie sent to fight in the army?
5. In a note to Peewee, who does Earlene promise to name her next child after?
(a) After Jenkins, who was killed in battle.
(b) After her new husband.
(c) After her father.
(d) After Peewee.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the airport in Japan, who does Richie purchase a souvenir for?
2. After the first Vietcong enemy was killed, how many enemies does Sergeant Simpson claim were killed?
3. What city is Lobel obsessed with, and constantly speaks about?
4. Which of the following does Richie NOT wonder about the dead Vietcong soldier?
5. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)