|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richie feel when he is running to escape the fighting in the village?
(a) As though he is the fastest man on earth.
(b) As though there is someone else running in his body.
(c) As though his legs are made of concrete.
(d) As though he cannot keep up with the other soldiers.
2. What type of home remedy does Peewee purchase from a local healer?
(a) Skin-lightening cream.
(b) Muscle-relaxing gel.
(c) Height lotion.
(d) Hair-growing serum.
3. How are the injured American soldiers transported out of the battle zone?
(a) By train.
(b) By cab.
(c) By helicopter.
(d) By airplane.
4. What is Peewee's real name?
(a) Henry Gates.
(b) Howard Gates.
(c) Humphry Gates.
(d) Harold Gates.
5. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the trauma of visiting the recently pacified Vietnamese village, whose bed does Richie sleep in for comfort?
2. While at the airport in Japan, who does Richie purchase a souvenir for?
3. What news does Peewee's girlfriend write to tell him?
4. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
5. When Richie is pondering his own death, who does he wonder will miss him?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)