|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
(a) He feels excited.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He feels apathetic.
(d) He feels terrified.
2. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
3. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all black.
(b) Because they are all poor.
(c) Because they are all in the same platoon.
(d) Because they are all afraid.
4. Who opens fire on the Vietnamese soldiers?
(a) The rescue helicopters.
(b) The recovery tanks.
(c) No one opens fire on the Vietnamese ally soldiers.
(d) The front line soldiers.
5. When the troops go on pacification missions, who are they trying to convince the villagers are the enemy?
(a) The American soldiers.
(b) The communists.
(c) Their fellow villagers.
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier who is mortally wounded during the same fight in which Richie is shot?
2. During a fight with Vietnamese soldiers, where is Richie shot?
3. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
4. Which soldier admits that he wanted to run to Canada when he heard he was drafted?
5. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)