|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Johnson called by another character, prompting a racially charged arguement?
(a) A "Bootie."
(b) A "Cootie."
(c) A "Fruity."
(d) A "Tootie."
2. When the soldiers are at their layover in Japan, where are they forced to sleep?
(a) On dirty matresses.
(b) In their airplane seats.
(c) On a cement floor.
(d) On wooden benches.
3. In Earlene's letter to Richie, what does she apologize for?
(a) Going on a date with another man.
(b) Marrying another man.
(c) Not writing as often as promised.
(d) Not praying for him anymore.
4. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
5. What does Richie think that his time in the hospital has done to him?
(a) Softened him to war.
(b) Made him a target for the enemy.
(c) Alienated him from his troop.
(d) Hardened him to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which soldier does Richie borrow a Bible so that he can read the Lord's prayer?
2. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
3. Which soldier is approached by Lt. Dongan asking if Lobel is a homosexual?
4. How does Richie injure his knee?
5. How many of the three soldiers--Peewee, Richie, and the captive--are able to escape the Vietnamese troops?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)