|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the soldiers are sent to protect another company from the encroaching enemy?
(a) Nothing happens.
(b) Richie accidentally kills a fellow soldier with friendly fire.
(c) Richie kills his first enemy soldier.
(d) Richie saves Peewee from a grenade.
2. What does Richie tell Kenny in the letter he writes about the Vietcong soldier?
(a) Richie is unable to write his brother a letter.
(b) That the soldier deserved to die because he attacked Richie first.
(c) That the soldier deserved to die because he was a "bad guy."
(d) That the soldier deserved to die for being communist.
3. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
(a) The incompetant office staff.
(b) The Vietcong soldiers.
(c) The American soldiers that ask for transfers.
(d) The war protestors.
4. What is Judy Duncan's occupation?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is a cook.
(d) She is a soldier.
5. Which soldier kills the first enemy soldier that Richie sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the camp where Peewee and Richie's platoon is sent?
2. Which soldier accidentally releases a flare during a fight, revealing the position of the troops?
3. What is the name of the soldier that was once a star high school athlete?
4. In the attempt to escape the Vietnamese troops, where is Richie shot?
5. Which of the following are the soldiers NOT warned away from at their new camp?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)