|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
2. Which of the following soldiers are not patroling for the first time?
3. What does Richie tell Kenny in the letter he writes about the Vietcong soldier?
(a) Richie is unable to write his brother a letter.
(b) That the soldier deserved to die because he was a "bad guy."
(c) That the soldier deserved to die for being communist.
(d) That the soldier deserved to die because he attacked Richie first.
4. After receiving a letter from his mother, what does Richie realize about their relationship?
(a) That he needs her more than ever now.
(b) That he never wants to be a parent himself.
(c) That his mother never loved him.
(d) That she is not his real mother.
5. Around the time of the Vietnamese New Year, what is happening on the streets of New York?
(a) War protests.
(b) Race riots.
(c) Vietnamese pride parades.
(d) Macy's day parade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is Peewee from?
2. Which soldier kills the first enemy soldier that Richie sees?
3. What medical problem does Richie come down with, prompting him to take several days off to recover?
4. What is the name of Richie's regular board game opponent?
5. When the troops receive word about Charlie Company, how many of their men have been lost?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)