|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richie think that his time in the hospital has done to him?
(a) Softened him to war.
(b) Hardened him to war.
(c) Alienated him from his troop.
(d) Made him a target for the enemy.
2. Which of the following soldiers admits to joining the army so that his father wouldn't think that he was gay?
3. While in high school, what did Richie want to be when he grew up?
(a) An artist.
(b) A musician.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A philosopher.
4. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
(a) He feels apathetic.
(b) He feels terrified.
(c) He feels excited.
(d) He feels guilty.
5. During a fight with Vietnamese soldiers, where is Richie shot?
(a) In his neck.
(b) In his back.
(c) In his leg.
(d) In his stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the grenade that Richie throws into the Vietnamese hut explode?
2. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
3. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
4. What type of soldier does the new lieutenant like to put in the most dangerous military positions?
5. Which soldier gets into a fight with the cook?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)