|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is attached to the young Vietnamese child that Peewee makes a doll for?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A lunch sack.
(c) A letter.
(d) A flower.
2. After receiving a letter from his mother, what does Richie realize about their relationship?
(a) That his mother never loved him.
(b) That he needs her more than ever now.
(c) That she is not his real mother.
(d) That he never wants to be a parent himself.
3. When Richie thinks about going AWOL, what country does he plan to run to?
4. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
(a) He is shot through the heart.
(b) He throws his body on a grenade.
(c) He steps on a landmine.
(d) He eats a poisonous plant.
5. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Captain Stewart give to the soldiers as to why they will be going on a reconnaissance mission?
2. Which of the following best describes the fight in which the troops is attempting to reclaim Vietnamese land?
3. How does Richie injure his knee?
4. Which military leader dies in a hospital after the attack?
5. How are the injured American soldiers transported out of the battle zone?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)