|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
2. Which soldier's girlfriend sends him a letter proposing marriage?
3. What reason does Captain Stewart give to the soldiers as to why they will be going on a reconnaissance mission?
(a) He didn't know that their squad had been volunteered.
(b) Lt. Gearhart needs more training.
(c) The mission is their safest option.
(d) He wants to kill more Vietcong soldiers.
4. During the friendly fire of the Charlie Company patrol, how many American soldiers are killed?
(c) No American soldiers were killed.
5. After Richie's discussion with Johnson about the war protestors, what does he fall asleep thinking about?
(a) Wondering if its possible for people to be "evil."
(b) Wondering if its possible for people to be "good."
(c) Wondering if its possible for people to be "happy."
(d) Wondering if its possible for people to be "crazy."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
2. What board game does Richie play twice a week?
3. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
4. When Richie thinks about going AWOL, what country does he plan to run to?
5. What is the name of the soldier that was once a star high school athlete?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)