|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Peewee's girlfriend write to tell him?
(a) That she has gotten married.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she has dropped out of school.
(d) That she has joined the army.
2. Which of the following best describes Richie's life in the hospital?
3. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
4. How does Richie get away from the fight after he has been shot?
(a) He crawls on his knees.
(b) He does not leave the scene after he is shot.
(c) He is carried out by another soldier.
(d) He runs on sheer adrenaline.
5. What do the American soldiers remove from the dead soldiers to keep the enemy from identifying them?
(a) Their passports.
(b) Their driver's licences.
(c) Their dog tags.
(d) Their state I.D.s
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the squad advise the soldier, whose girlfriend proposed marriage, to do?
2. What name is Johnson called by another character, prompting a racially charged arguement?
3. What is the name of the young, black medic?
4. What does Richie do when Brew is dying?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Richie joined the army?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)