|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brew hope to become when he gets out of the army?
(a) A professional athlete.
(b) A priest.
(c) A teacher.
(d) Brew never wants to leave the army.
2. What does the squad advise the soldier, whose girlfriend proposed marriage, to do?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Dump her.
(c) Think about his answer.
(d) Lie to her.
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Richie joined the army?
(a) To kill his enemy, the Vietcong.
(b) Because he thought that the war was about to end.
(c) To send money home to his family.
(d) To avoid answering questions about his future.
4. Which soldier is approached by Lt. Dongan asking if Lobel is a homosexual?
5. How does Richie feel when he is running to escape the fighting in the village?
(a) As though he is the fastest man on earth.
(b) As though his legs are made of concrete.
(c) As though he cannot keep up with the other soldiers.
(d) As though there is someone else running in his body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
2. Which member of Lobel's family is a film director?
3. Whose decision is it to extend the troop's tour of duty for an additional thirty days?
4. When going on pacification missions, Lobel compares their company to outlaws in what type of movie?
5. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)