|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richie do when Brew is dying?
(a) Holds his hand.
(b) Tells him a funny joke.
(c) Promises to write a letter to his mother.
(d) Prays with him.
2. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Vietnam War.
3. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) They played basketball together.
(c) They went to the same school.
(d) They went to church together.
4. What is the name of the young, black medic?
5. What is the name of the camp where Peewee and Richie's platoon is sent?
(a) Chunrong Lia.
(b) Chu Lia.
(c) Lia Chun.
(d) Lia ChaCha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
2. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
3. When the soldiers are at their layover in Japan, where are they forced to sleep?
4. Which soldier promises to come to Richie and Peewee's aid if problems arise in camp over their new lieutenant?
5. What is the name of the character sent in to replace Sergeant Simpson?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)