|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Six months.
2. Who does Johnson get into a racially charged argument with?
(a) Sergeant Simpson.
3. How does Richie injure his knee?
(a) Playing football.
(b) Playing baseball.
(c) Playing soccer.
(d) Playing basketball.
4. What does Richie tell Kenny in the letter he writes about the Vietcong soldier?
(a) That the soldier deserved to die because he was a "bad guy."
(b) Richie is unable to write his brother a letter.
(c) That the soldier deserved to die because he attacked Richie first.
(d) That the soldier deserved to die for being communist.
5. Which soldier is well known for doing funny imitations of voices?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the first Vietcong enemy was killed, how many enemies does Sergeant Simpson claim were killed?
2. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
3. When Richie thinks about going AWOL, what country does he plan to run to?
4. What medical problem does Richie come down with, prompting him to take several days off to recover?
5. Who is the lead actress in the movie that the soldiers watch over and over during their slow days?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)