|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the slow days, what reports do the soldiers listen to on the radio?
(a) Reports of impending peace agreements.
(b) Reports of the weather throughout Vietnam.
(c) Reports of the number of soldiers killed in action.
(d) Reports of the Academy Award nominations.
2. How are the injured American soldiers transported out of the battle zone?
(a) By helicopter.
(b) By airplane.
(c) By train.
(d) By cab.
3. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
4. What type of home remedy does Peewee purchase from a local healer?
(a) Hair-growing serum.
(b) Height lotion.
(c) Skin-lightening cream.
(d) Muscle-relaxing gel.
5. What does the squad advise the soldier, whose girlfriend proposed marriage, to do?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Think about his answer.
(c) Lie to her.
(d) Dump her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the American soldiers do to the bodies of their dead soldiers to prevent the enemy from mutilating them?
2. After receiving a letter from his mother, what does Richie realize about their relationship?
3. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
4. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
5. What American holiday is approaching at the same time as the Vietnamese New Year?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)