|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is the extraordinarily strong black soldier from?
2. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
3. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
5. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
(a) Because he forgets to load his gun.
(b) Because Richie refuses to shoot to kill.
(c) Because Richie is in the hospital instead of at the attack.
(d) Because his hand is shaking too much to pull the trigger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical problem does Richie come down with, prompting him to take several days off to recover?
2. During the slow days, what reports do the soldiers listen to on the radio?
3. In Earlene's letter to Richie, what does she apologize for?
4. What is Peewee's real name?
5. When the troops go on pacification missions, who are they trying to convince the villagers are the enemy?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)