|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
(a) To smoke a cigar.
(b) To drink wine from a bottle with a cork.
(c) To speak another language.
(d) To make love to a foreign woman.
2. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
3. After the trauma of visiting the recently pacified Vietnamese village, whose bed does Richie sleep in for comfort?
4. During the slow days, what reports do the soldiers listen to on the radio?
(a) Reports of the weather throughout Vietnam.
(b) Reports of the number of soldiers killed in action.
(c) Reports of the Academy Award nominations.
(d) Reports of impending peace agreements.
5. What is the name of the new Lieutenant of Richie's platoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
2. What is the name of the young, black medic?
3. During the fight to reclaim Vietnamese land, what part of Dongan's body is blown off?
4. What type of home remedy does Peewee purchase from a local healer?
5. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)