|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
(a) Because Richie refuses to shoot to kill.
(b) Because Richie is in the hospital instead of at the attack.
(c) Because his hand is shaking too much to pull the trigger.
(d) Because he forgets to load his gun.
2. Which military leader is rumored to have attempted to dodge the draft?
(a) Sergean Simpson.
(b) Lieutenant Doyle.
(c) Captain Stewart.
(d) Lieutenant Carroll.
3. During the fight to reclaim Vietnamese land, what part of Dongan's body is blown off?
(a) His eyebrows.
(b) His arms.
(c) His legs.
(d) His nose.
4. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
(a) Aunt Marys.
(b) Aunt Pats.
(c) Uncle Toms.
(d) Uncle Bills.
5. Which of the following best describes Richie's life in the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richie injure his knee?
2. From which soldier does Richie borrow a Bible so that he can read the Lord's prayer?
3. When going on pacification missions, Lobel compares their company to outlaws in what type of movie?
4. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
5. Who tells Richie that there is no meaning to the war in Vietnam?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)