|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the racially charged argument is broken up, which character gets his tooth chipped?
(a) Lieutenant Boyle.
(b) Captain Stewart.
(c) Lieutenant Carroll.
(d) Sergeant Simpson.
2. What name is Johnson called by another character, prompting a racially charged arguement?
(a) A "Bootie."
(b) A "Cootie."
(c) A "Tootie."
(d) A "Fruity."
3. What is the name of the Vietnamese New Year?
4. Who is the first person that Peewee accuses of being a "Cong"?
(a) Their commanding officer.
(b) Their laundress.
(c) Their cook.
(d) Their cleaning woman.
5. How does Richie get away from the fight after he has been shot?
(a) He runs on sheer adrenaline.
(b) He does not leave the scene after he is shot.
(c) He crawls on his knees.
(d) He is carried out by another soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers in Richie's platoon are promoted after the village ambush?
2. What does the squad advise the soldier, whose girlfriend proposed marriage, to do?
3. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
4. How does Richie injure his knee?
5. How does Lieutenant Doyle feel about this war?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)