|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the racially charged argument is broken up, which character gets his tooth chipped?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(b) Sergeant Simpson.
(c) Lieutenant Carroll.
(d) Lieutenant Boyle.
2. What is the name of the soldier that approaches Richie and Peewee in the breakfast hall?
3. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
(a) Because he feels empowered holding a gun.
(b) Because he feels like an equal to everyone else.
(c) Because he enjoys traveling and this was the easiest way for him to see the world.
(d) Because he was homeless before, and how he has a home.
4. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
(a) His brother.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Richie joined the army?
(a) To avoid answering questions about his future.
(b) To send money home to his family.
(c) Because he thought that the war was about to end.
(d) To kill his enemy, the Vietcong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which soldier is well known for doing funny imitations of voices?
2. What is the name of Richie's regular board game opponent?
3. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
4. In a note to Peewee, who does Earlene promise to name her next child after?
5. After the first Vietcong enemy was killed, how many enemies does Sergeant Simpson claim were killed?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)