|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
(a) The enemy.
(b) A film camera.
(c) A black panther.
(d) His mother.
2. How does Lieutenant Doyle feel about this war?
(a) That this war is the supreme battle of good versus evil.
(b) That the Vietnamese deserve to be attacked.
(c) That if America hadn't stepped in, Vietnam would crumble.
(d) That it is not his war to fight.
3. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
(a) He steps on a landmine.
(b) He throws his body on a grenade.
(c) He is shot through the heart.
(d) He eats a poisonous plant.
4. From which soldier does Richie borrow a Bible so that he can read the Lord's prayer?
5. How are the injured American soldiers transported out of the battle zone?
(a) By train.
(b) By cab.
(c) By airplane.
(d) By helicopter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier that Richie is paired up with during his Charlie Company patrol?
2. How long do Peewee and Richie wait before receiving their camp assignment?
3. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
4. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
5. Which of the following soldiers admits to joining the army so that his father wouldn't think that he was gay?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)