|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
(a) He feels apathetic.
(b) He feels terrified.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He feels excited.
2. Who leads the prayer over Jenkins' body when he dies?
(b) Captain Stewart.
(d) Lieutenant Carroll.
3. What is Richie's response to the offer regarding his medical records?
(a) He says that the offer is unfair to him.
(b) He accepts the offer.
(c) He says that he has to think about the offer.
(d) He rejects the offer.
4. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
(a) Iodine pills.
(b) Antihistimine pills.
(d) Malaria pills.
5. Which of the following soldiers are not patroling for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
2. What state is the extraordinarily strong black soldier from?
3. What is the name of the company that Richie is sent on patrol with after missing his own squad's patrol?
4. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
5. When he was in high school, who told Richie that he had a good shot of getting into college?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)