|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all poor.
(b) Because they are all afraid.
(c) Because they are all in the same platoon.
(d) Because they are all black.
2. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His grandfather.
3. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
4. What city is Peewee from?
(b) San Diego.
(d) New York.
5. What state is the extraordinarily strong black soldier from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
2. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
3. Who approaches Richie to tell him that his medical records still haven't arrived?
4. What type of airplane does the squad hear flying close to them while they are having a quiet day?
5. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)