|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
2. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
3. Why does Richie continually want to write letters to his brother?
(a) To vent some of his emotions.
(b) To practice his handwriting.
(c) To brag about the work he is doing.
(d) To make his brother proud.
4. When he was in high school, who told Richie that he had a good shot of getting into college?
(a) No one ever gave Richie any academic hopes.
(b) His English teacher.
(c) His mother.
(d) His guidance councelor.
5. What is the name of the soldier that was once a star high school athlete?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
2. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
3. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
4. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
5. What name is Johnson called by another character, prompting a racially charged arguement?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)