|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Richard Perry live as a high school student?
(a) New York.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Richie joined the army?
(a) To send money home to his family.
(b) To kill his enemy, the Vietcong.
(c) Because he thought that the war was about to end.
(d) To avoid answering questions about his future.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
(a) To make love to a foreign woman.
(b) To drink wine from a bottle with a cork.
(c) To speak another language.
(d) To smoke a cigar.
4. Who is the lead actress in the movie that the soldiers watch over and over during their slow days?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Julie Andrews.
(c) Judy Garland.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor.
5. What happens when the soldiers are sent to protect another company from the encroaching enemy?
(a) Nothing happens.
(b) Richie saves Peewee from a grenade.
(c) Richie accidentally kills a fellow soldier with friendly fire.
(d) Richie kills his first enemy soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
2. What is the name of the camp where Peewee and Richie's platoon is sent?
3. What state is the extraordinarily strong black soldier from?
4. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
5. In what state does Richie complete his basic training?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)