|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Richie joined the army?
(a) To send money home to his family.
(b) Because he thought that the war was about to end.
(c) To avoid answering questions about his future.
(d) To kill his enemy, the Vietcong.
2. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
3. Which of the following medications is brought to a Vietnamese village by the troops?
(a) Antihistimine pills.
(c) Iodine pills.
(d) Malaria pills.
4. What is the name of the military leader that wants to kill more Vietcong so that he will be promoted?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(b) Lieutenant Carroll.
(c) Lieutenant Boyle.
(d) Sergeant Simpson.
5. When the soldiers are at their layover in Japan, where are they forced to sleep?
(a) On dirty matresses.
(b) On a cement floor.
(c) In their airplane seats.
(d) On wooden benches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
2. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
3. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
4. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
5. Which of the following are the soldiers NOT warned away from at their new camp?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)