|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Civil War.
2. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
3. What is the name of the military leader that wants to kill more Vietcong so that he will be promoted?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(b) Lieutenant Carroll.
(c) Lieutenant Boyle.
(d) Sergeant Simpson.
4. In what Japanese city does Richie's airplane have a layover?
5. During the slow days, what reports do the soldiers listen to on the radio?
(a) Reports of the weather throughout Vietnam.
(b) Reports of the Academy Award nominations.
(c) Reports of impending peace agreements.
(d) Reports of the number of soldiers killed in action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the lead actress in the movie that the soldiers watch over and over during their slow days?
2. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
3. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
4. Which soldier gets into a fight with the cook?
5. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)