|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
(a) Because he enjoys traveling and this was the easiest way for him to see the world.
(b) Because he feels empowered holding a gun.
(c) Because he was homeless before, and how he has a home.
(d) Because he feels like an equal to everyone else.
2. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
(a) His English teacher.
(b) His chemistry teacher.
(c) His math teacher.
(d) His gym teacher.
3. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
4. Who is the first person that Peewee accuses of being a "Cong"?
(a) Their commanding officer.
(b) Their laundress.
(c) Their cook.
(d) Their cleaning woman.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of Peewee's life goals?
(a) To speak another language.
(b) To drink wine from a bottle with a cork.
(c) To smoke a cigar.
(d) To make love to a foreign woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Judy Duncan's occupation?
2. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
3. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
4. Who leads the prayer over Jenkins' body when he dies?
5. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)