|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the prayer over Jenkins' body when he dies?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(c) Lieutenant Carroll.
2. Which of the following soldiers are not patroling for the first time?
3. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all black.
(b) Because they are all poor.
(c) Because they are all in the same platoon.
(d) Because they are all afraid.
4. To what country is Richie sent to fight in the army?
5. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
2. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
3. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
4. In what state does Richie complete his basic training?
5. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)