|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
2. What does Jenkins tell Richie that he fears about being in the army?
(a) That he won't be good at his job.
(b) That he will love war.
(c) That he will have to kill others.
(d) That he will be killed.
3. What is Peewee's real name?
(a) Humphry Gates.
(b) Henry Gates.
(c) Harold Gates.
(d) Howard Gates.
4. What is the name of the military leader that wants to kill more Vietcong so that he will be promoted?
(a) Captain Stewart.
(b) Lieutenant Boyle.
(c) Lieutenant Carroll.
(d) Sergeant Simpson.
5. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should mingle?
2. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
3. Who leads the prayer over Jenkins' body when he dies?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Richie joined the army?
5. While at the airport in Japan, who does Richie purchase a souvenir for?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)