|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war is going on during the years in which the novel is set?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War II.
2. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) Out at sea.
(c) In an exploded tank.
(d) On top of a mountain.
3. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all poor.
(b) Because they are all in the same platoon.
(c) Because they are all black.
(d) Because they are all afraid.
4. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
5. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
(a) He feels apathetic.
(b) He feels excited.
(c) He feels terrified.
(d) He feels guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Richie complete his basic training?
2. What state is the extraordinarily strong black soldier from?
3. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should mingle?
4. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
5. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)