|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all in the same platoon.
(b) Because they are all poor.
(c) Because they are all afraid.
(d) Because they are all black.
2. When he was in high school, who told Richie that he had a good shot of getting into college?
(a) His guidance councelor.
(b) His English teacher.
(c) His mother.
(d) No one ever gave Richie any academic hopes.
3. Who leads the prayer over Jenkins' body when he dies?
(c) Lieutenant Carroll.
(d) Captain Stewart.
4. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
(a) Four months.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Six months.
5. When the soldiers are at their layover in Japan, where are they forced to sleep?
(a) On wooden benches.
(b) On dirty matresses.
(c) On a cement floor.
(d) In their airplane seats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier that was once a star high school athlete?
2. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
3. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
4. How long do Peewee and Richie wait before receiving their camp assignment?
5. What is the name of Richie's younger brother?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)