|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier who is mortally wounded during the same fight in which Richie is shot?
2. What board game does Richie play twice a week?
(c) Chinese checkers.
3. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
4. Which of the following soldiers admits to joining the army so that his father wouldn't think that he was gay?
5. What does Richie tell Kenny in the letter he writes about the Vietcong soldier?
(a) That the soldier deserved to die for being communist.
(b) That the soldier deserved to die because he attacked Richie first.
(c) Richie is unable to write his brother a letter.
(d) That the soldier deserved to die because he was a "bad guy."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Lieutenant Carroll?
2. Which of the following soldiers does NOT have a letter from Gearhart to his wife in their possession?
3. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
4. What is the name of Richie's regular board game opponent?
5. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)