|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of award is Richie given from the army after his injuries?
(a) A blue heart.
(b) A purple heart.
(c) A gold heart.
(d) A silver heart.
2. Who does Peewee talk to in a storage shed?
(b) A foreign woman.
(c) An enemy soldier.
(d) A priest.
3. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all poor.
(b) Because they are all in the same platoon.
(c) Because they are all black.
(d) Because they are all afraid.
4. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
5. What type of soldier does the new lieutenant like to put in the most dangerous military positions?
(a) The young soldiers.
(b) The black soldiers.
(c) The white soldiers.
(d) The old soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Lieutenant Carroll?
2. Which military leader is rumored to have attempted to dodge the draft?
3. After Richie's discussion with Johnson about the war protestors, what does he fall asleep thinking about?
4. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
5. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)