|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the fight to reclaim Vietnamese land, what part of Dongan's body is blown off?
(a) His eyebrows.
(b) His legs.
(c) His nose.
(d) His arms.
2. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
3. Why doesn't the grenade that Richie throws into the Vietnamese hut explode?
(a) Because the grenade was old.
(b) Because the hut was already on fire.
(c) Because he forgets to pull the pin.
(d) Because the powder was wet.
4. What is the name of the soldier who begins crying on the truck ride to the new camp?
5. What is the name of the military leader that wants to kill more Vietcong so that he will be promoted?
(a) Lieutenant Carroll.
(b) Captain Stewart.
(c) Sergeant Simpson.
(d) Lieutenant Boyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the fight in which the troops is attempting to reclaim Vietnamese land?
2. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
3. When the troops go on pacification missions, who are they trying to convince the villagers are the enemy?
4. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
5. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)