|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
(a) He is shot through the heart.
(b) He throws his body on a grenade.
(c) He steps on a landmine.
(d) He eats a poisonous plant.
2. What city is Lobel obsessed with, and constantly speaks about?
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) New York.
3. Which character strongly wishes he had a wife a kids waiting for him at home?
4. In a note to Peewee, who does Earlene promise to name her next child after?
(a) After Peewee.
(b) After her father.
(c) After her new husband.
(d) After Jenkins, who was killed in battle.
5. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
(a) Six months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Ten months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier killed when the American troop's location is accidentally revealed?
2. How did Richie know Johnny Robinson?
3. What American holiday is approaching at the same time as the Vietnamese New Year?
4. When the racially charged argument is broken up, which character gets his tooth chipped?
5. Which of the following does Richie NOT wonder about the dead Vietcong soldier?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)