|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) A girlfriend.
2. What type of award is Richie given from the army after his injuries?
(a) A silver heart.
(b) A blue heart.
(c) A purple heart.
(d) A gold heart.
3. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all afraid.
(b) Because they are all in the same platoon.
(c) Because they are all black.
(d) Because they are all poor.
4. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
(a) He eats a poisonous plant.
(b) He is shot through the heart.
(c) He steps on a landmine.
(d) He throws his body on a grenade.
5. What does Richie do when Brew is dying?
(a) Promises to write a letter to his mother.
(b) Holds his hand.
(c) Prays with him.
(d) Tells him a funny joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the fight to reclaim Vietnamese land, what part of Dongan's body is blown off?
2. What is the name of the company that Richie is sent on patrol with after missing his own squad's patrol?
3. After Richie's discussion with Johnson about the war protestors, what does he fall asleep thinking about?
4. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
5. What board game does Richie play twice a week?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)