|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
2. When he was in high school, who told Richie that he had a good shot of getting into college?
(a) His English teacher.
(b) No one ever gave Richie any academic hopes.
(c) His guidance councelor.
(d) His mother.
3. Which soldier admits that he wanted to run to Canada when he heard he was drafted?
4. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
5. What does Jenkins tell Richie that he fears about being in the army?
(a) That he will love war.
(b) That he will be killed.
(c) That he will have to kill others.
(d) That he won't be good at his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
2. Whose decision is it to extend the troop's tour of duty for an additional thirty days?
3. What is the name of the company that Richie is sent on patrol with after missing his own squad's patrol?
4. Which of the following soldiers admits to joining the army so that his father wouldn't think that he was gay?
5. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)