|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Richie that there is no meaning to the war in Vietnam?
2. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
3. Whose nineteenth birthday is celebrated by the troops when they return from the mission in the Vietnamese village?
4. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
(a) He feels apathetic.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He feels excited.
(d) He feels terrified.
5. What type of soldier does the new lieutenant like to put in the most dangerous military positions?
(a) The young soldiers.
(b) The old soldiers.
(c) The black soldiers.
(d) The white soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier in the breakfast hall call Peewee and Richie when they refuse his offer?
2. After Richie's discussion with Johnson about the war protestors, what does he fall asleep thinking about?
3. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
4. Which of the following soldiers does NOT have a letter from Gearhart to his wife in their possession?
5. What does Richie do when Brew is dying?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)