|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young, black medic?
2. After receiving a letter from his mother, what does Richie realize about their relationship?
(a) That she is not his real mother.
(b) That his mother never loved him.
(c) That he never wants to be a parent himself.
(d) That he needs her more than ever now.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Lieutenant Carroll?
4. What character is Richie reunited with when he is resting in the hospital?
(a) Lieutenant Gearhart.
(c) Judy Duncan.
5. Why doesn't the grenade that Richie throws into the Vietnamese hut explode?
(a) Because the hut was already on fire.
(b) Because the grenade was old.
(c) Because the powder was wet.
(d) Because he forgets to pull the pin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
2. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
3. What is the name of the soldier killed when the American troop's location is accidentally revealed?
4. Which military leader is rumored to have attempted to dodge the draft?
5. What state is the extraordinarily strong black soldier from?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)