|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
(a) Six months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Ten months.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Richie joined the army?
(a) To send money home to his family.
(b) To avoid answering questions about his future.
(c) To kill his enemy, the Vietcong.
(d) Because he thought that the war was about to end.
3. What is the name of the extraordinarily strong black soldier that Richie and Peewee meet?
4. Where did the men die that Peewee and Richie are sent to replace?
(a) On top of a mountain.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) Out at sea.
(d) In an exploded tank.
5. What board game does Richie play twice a week?
(a) Chinese checkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
2. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
3. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
4. What medical problem does Richie come down with, prompting him to take several days off to recover?
5. Which member of Lieutenant Carroll's family was also in the army and passed on his army vocabulary?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)