|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
(a) He steps on a landmine.
(b) He eats a poisonous plant.
(c) He throws his body on a grenade.
(d) He is shot through the heart.
2. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
(a) Because he forgets to load his gun.
(b) Because Richie refuses to shoot to kill.
(c) Because his hand is shaking too much to pull the trigger.
(d) Because Richie is in the hospital instead of at the attack.
3. Why does Peewee enjoy his time in the army?
(a) Because he feels like an equal to everyone else.
(b) Because he enjoys traveling and this was the easiest way for him to see the world.
(c) Because he feels empowered holding a gun.
(d) Because he was homeless before, and how he has a home.
4. Why does the large black soldier in the breakfast hall suggest that the three of them should stick together?
(a) Because they are all poor.
(b) Because they are all afraid.
(c) Because they are all black.
(d) Because they are all in the same platoon.
5. What state is the extraordinarily strong black soldier from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Richie NOT wonder about the dead Vietcong soldier?
2. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
3. What position did Jenkins's father hold in the army?
4. What is the name of the company that Richie is sent on patrol with after missing his own squad's patrol?
5. What is the name of Richie's regular board game opponent?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)