|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers in Richie's platoon are promoted after the village ambush?
(a) Five of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) None of them.
(d) Ten of them.
2. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
(a) He throws his body on a grenade.
(b) He is shot through the heart.
(c) He eats a poisonous plant.
(d) He steps on a landmine.
3. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
(a) The enemy.
(b) A black panther.
(c) A film camera.
(d) His mother.
4. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
5. Which soldier kills the first enemy soldier that Richie sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
2. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
3. What American holiday is approaching at the same time as the Vietnamese New Year?
4. What does Jenkins tell Richie that he fears about being in the army?
5. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)