|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenkins tell Richie that he fears about being in the army?
(a) That he won't be good at his job.
(b) That he will have to kill others.
(c) That he will love war.
(d) That he will be killed.
2. What is the name of the Vietnamese New Year?
3. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
(a) An office job.
(b) A medic's job.
(c) A secretarial job.
(d) A translation job.
4. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) His little sister's address.
(b) His mother's address.
(c) A Hollywood actress's address.
(d) His priest's address.
5. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
(a) He feels apathetic.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He feels excited.
(d) He feels terrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier that Richie is paired up with during his Charlie Company patrol?
2. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
3. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
4. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
5. Which soldier approaches Richie to confess that he believes he is responsible for their leader's death during the ambush?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)