|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following soldiers are not patroling for the first time?
2. What is the name of the soldier that Richie is paired up with during his Charlie Company patrol?
3. What American holiday is approaching at the same time as the Vietnamese New Year?
(b) Valentine's Day.
4. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
(a) He throws his body on a grenade.
(b) He is shot through the heart.
(c) He eats a poisonous plant.
(d) He steps on a landmine.
5. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) His little sister's address.
(b) His priest's address.
(c) His mother's address.
(d) A Hollywood actress's address.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which soldier approaches Richie to confess that he believes he is responsible for their leader's death during the ambush?
2. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
3. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
4. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
5. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)