|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
(a) Twelve months.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Six months.
2. How many soldiers in Richie's platoon are promoted after the village ambush?
(a) All of them.
(b) Ten of them.
(c) Five of them.
(d) None of them.
3. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
(a) Comedic soldiers.
(b) Virgin soldiers.
(c) Heroic soldiers.
(d) Under appreciated soldiers.
4. Which of the following soldiers are not patroling for the first time?
5. After receiving a letter from his mother, what does Richie realize about their relationship?
(a) That he never wants to be a parent himself.
(b) That he needs her more than ever now.
(c) That his mother never loved him.
(d) That she is not his real mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American holiday is approaching at the same time as the Vietnamese New Year?
2. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
3. From which soldier does Richie borrow a Bible so that he can read the Lord's prayer?
4. What does Jenkins tell Richie that he fears about being in the army?
5. What is the name of the soldier killed when the American troop's location is accidentally revealed?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)