|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) His little sister's address.
(b) A Hollywood actress's address.
(c) His mother's address.
(d) His priest's address.
2. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
(a) Comedic soldiers.
(b) Heroic soldiers.
(c) Virgin soldiers.
(d) Under appreciated soldiers.
3. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
(a) He feels apathetic.
(b) He feels terrified.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He feels excited.
4. Which soldier approaches Richie to confess that he believes he is responsible for their leader's death during the ambush?
5. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Lobel's family is a film director?
2. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
3. After receiving a letter from his mother, what does Richie realize about their relationship?
4. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
5. What American holiday is approaching at the same time as the Vietnamese New Year?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)