|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
(a) He steps on a landmine.
(b) He throws his body on a grenade.
(c) He eats a poisonous plant.
(d) He is shot through the heart.
2. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
(a) The feared black soldier.
(b) The baby-faced vlack soldier.
(c) The heroic black soldier.
(d) The comedic black soldier.
3. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. After receiving a letter from his mother, what does Richie realize about their relationship?
(a) That she is not his real mother.
(b) That he never wants to be a parent himself.
(c) That he needs her more than ever now.
(d) That his mother never loved him.
5. Which soldier kills the first enemy soldier that Richie sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. Around the time of the Vietnamese New Year, what is happening on the streets of New York?
2. Which soldier is well known for doing funny imitations of voices?
3. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
4. Which military leader is rumored to have attempted to dodge the draft?
5. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)