|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the soldier killed on the first night of patrol?
(a) He steps on a landmine.
(b) He is shot through the heart.
(c) He eats a poisonous plant.
(d) He throws his body on a grenade.
2. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
3. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) His mother's address.
(b) A Hollywood actress's address.
(c) His little sister's address.
(d) His priest's address.
4. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
5. Who writes a letter to Lieutenant Carroll's pregnant wife, explaining what has happened to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
2. After receiving a letter from his mother, what does Richie realize about their relationship?
3. During the friendly fire of the Charlie Company patrol, how many American soldiers are killed?
4. What does the squad sergeant call inexperienced soldiers?
5. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)