|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lieutenant Doyle feel about this war?
(a) That the Vietnamese deserve to be attacked.
(b) That if America hadn't stepped in, Vietnam would crumble.
(c) That this war is the supreme battle of good versus evil.
(d) That it is not his war to fight.
2. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
(a) Because his hand is shaking too much to pull the trigger.
(b) Because Richie refuses to shoot to kill.
(c) Because Richie is in the hospital instead of at the attack.
(d) Because he forgets to load his gun.
3. While out on patrol in the jungle, what game does Charlie Company stop to play?
4. How many soldiers in Richie's platoon are promoted after the village ambush?
(a) Ten of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) Five of them.
(d) All of them.
5. How many months does the squad sergeant have before his tour is complete?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Ten months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
2. After receiving a letter from his mother, what does Richie realize about their relationship?
3. Which soldier is killed on the first night of patrol?
4. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
5. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)