|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
(a) The heroic black soldier.
(b) The feared black soldier.
(c) The baby-faced vlack soldier.
(d) The comedic black soldier.
2. Around the time of the Vietnamese New Year, what is happening on the streets of New York?
(a) Race riots.
(b) Vietnamese pride parades.
(c) War protests.
(d) Macy's day parade.
3. How does Richie feel about seeing his fellow soldier die during their first patrol?
(a) He feels excited.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He feels apathetic.
(d) He feels terrified.
4. What job does Sergeant Simpson offer to Richie to get him out of the fighting?
(a) An office job.
(b) A translation job.
(c) A secretarial job.
(d) A medic's job.
5. Which of RIchie's high school teachers told him to stop being an observer in life?
(a) His gym teacher.
(b) His math teacher.
(c) His English teacher.
(d) His chemistry teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. After receiving a letter from his mother, what does Richie realize about their relationship?
2. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
3. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
4. What position did Jenkins's father hold in the army?
5. What American holiday is approaching at the same time as the Vietnamese New Year?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)