|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Vietnamese allies want the American troops to help them capture?
(a) A river.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A hill.
(d) A fort.
2. Who tells Richie that there is no meaning to the war in Vietnam?
3. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
(a) His mother.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
4. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
(a) The incompetant office staff.
(b) The Vietcong soldiers.
(c) The American soldiers that ask for transfers.
(d) The war protestors.
5. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
(a) The enemy.
(b) A film camera.
(c) A black panther.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
2. Which soldier is approached by Lt. Dongan asking if Lobel is a homosexual?
3. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
4. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
5. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)