|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Johnson's advice to Richie when they are discussing the war protesters?
(a) To stop worrying about the bigger issues and just worry about staying alive.
(b) To stop worrying about staying alive and start worrying about the bigger issues.
(c) To stop worrying about the Americans and start worrying about the Vietnamese.
(d) To stop worrying about the Vietnamese and start worrying about the Americans.
2. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
3. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) His priest's address.
(b) His mother's address.
(c) A Hollywood actress's address.
(d) His little sister's address.
4. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
(a) Comedic soldiers.
(b) Under appreciated soldiers.
(c) Virgin soldiers.
(d) Heroic soldiers.
5. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
(a) Because his hand is shaking too much to pull the trigger.
(b) Because Richie refuses to shoot to kill.
(c) Because Richie is in the hospital instead of at the attack.
(d) Because he forgets to load his gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Richie's discussion with Johnson about the war protestors, what does he fall asleep thinking about?
2. During the fight to reclaim Vietnamese land, what part of Dongan's body is blown off?
3. Which soldier is approached by Lt. Dongan asking if Lobel is a homosexual?
4. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
5. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)