|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Johnson's advice to Richie when they are discussing the war protesters?
(a) To stop worrying about the Americans and start worrying about the Vietnamese.
(b) To stop worrying about the bigger issues and just worry about staying alive.
(c) To stop worrying about staying alive and start worrying about the bigger issues.
(d) To stop worrying about the Vietnamese and start worrying about the Americans.
2. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
(a) The American soldiers that ask for transfers.
(b) The Vietcong soldiers.
(c) The incompetant office staff.
(d) The war protestors.
3. Who tells Richie that there is no meaning to the war in Vietnam?
4. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
(a) Because he forgets to load his gun.
(b) Because his hand is shaking too much to pull the trigger.
(c) Because Richie refuses to shoot to kill.
(d) Because Richie is in the hospital instead of at the attack.
5. What do the Vietnamese allies want the American troops to help them capture?
(a) A river.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A hill.
(d) A fort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the grenade that Richie throws into the Vietnamese hut explode?
2. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
3. Which soldier kills the first enemy soldier that Richie sees?
4. Which of the following best describes the fight in which the troops is attempting to reclaim Vietnamese land?
5. Which member of Lobel's family is a film director?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)