|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) His mother's address.
(b) A Hollywood actress's address.
(c) His priest's address.
(d) His little sister's address.
2. After Richie's discussion with Johnson about the war protestors, what does he fall asleep thinking about?
(a) Wondering if its possible for people to be "evil."
(b) Wondering if its possible for people to be "happy."
(c) Wondering if its possible for people to be "good."
(d) Wondering if its possible for people to be "crazy."
3. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
(a) Heroic soldiers.
(b) Virgin soldiers.
(c) Comedic soldiers.
(d) Under appreciated soldiers.
4. Why doesn't the grenade that Richie throws into the Vietnamese hut explode?
(a) Because the hut was already on fire.
(b) Because the powder was wet.
(c) Because he forgets to pull the pin.
(d) Because the grenade was old.
5. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
(a) The feared black soldier.
(b) The baby-faced vlack soldier.
(c) The comedic black soldier.
(d) The heroic black soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
2. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
3. Which soldier is approached by Lt. Dongan asking if Lobel is a homosexual?
4. Which soldier kills the first enemy soldier that Richie sees?
5. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)