|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, what sport do the men return home to play?
2. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
(a) The heroic black soldier.
(b) The feared black soldier.
(c) The comedic black soldier.
(d) The baby-faced vlack soldier.
3. Why doesn't the grenade that Richie throws into the Vietnamese hut explode?
(a) Because the grenade was old.
(b) Because the powder was wet.
(c) Because he forgets to pull the pin.
(d) Because the hut was already on fire.
4. After Richie's discussion with Johnson about the war protestors, what does he fall asleep thinking about?
(a) Wondering if its possible for people to be "evil."
(b) Wondering if its possible for people to be "happy."
(c) Wondering if its possible for people to be "crazy."
(d) Wondering if its possible for people to be "good."
5. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
(a) The Vietcong soldiers.
(b) The incompetant office staff.
(c) The war protestors.
(d) The American soldiers that ask for transfers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
2. When the troops are attacked, trying to capture the piece of Vietnamese land, how does Richie feel?
3. Who tells Richie that there is no meaning to the war in Vietnam?
4. Which member of Lobel's family is a film director?
5. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)