|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
(a) Richie is sure the Americans are the "good guys."
(b) Richie is unsure who the "good guys" in the war are.
(c) Richie is sure that there are not "good guys" in the war.
(d) Richie is sure the Vietcong are the "good guys."
2. Why doesn't the grenade that Richie throws into the Vietnamese hut explode?
(a) Because the hut was already on fire.
(b) Because the grenade was old.
(c) Because he forgets to pull the pin.
(d) Because the powder was wet.
3. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
(a) Because Richie is in the hospital instead of at the attack.
(b) Because his hand is shaking too much to pull the trigger.
(c) Because Richie refuses to shoot to kill.
(d) Because he forgets to load his gun.
4. Which soldier says that he is in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism?
5. What does Lobel think are the only real things in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brunner blame for the shortage of men in his squad?
2. What do the Vietnamese allies want the American troops to help them capture?
3. When Lobel is on patrol, what does he imagine is following him?
4. Which member of Lobel's family is a film director?
5. Who does Richie tell Lobel he wishes he could write to?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)