|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose address does Lobel offer to give Richie so that he'll have someone to write letters to?
(a) A Hollywood actress's address.
(b) His priest's address.
(c) His little sister's address.
(d) His mother's address.
2. Who does Richie feel certain is the good guy in the Vietnam war.
(a) Richie is sure the Americans are the "good guys."
(b) Richie is unsure who the "good guys" in the war are.
(c) Richie is sure that there are not "good guys" in the war.
(d) Richie is sure the Vietcong are the "good guys."
3. During the fight to reclaim Vietnamese land, what part of Dongan's body is blown off?
(a) His arms.
(b) His nose.
(c) His legs.
(d) His eyebrows.
4. Which member of Lobel's family is a film director?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
5. When Peewee is joking that he didn't know he was in Vietnam, where does he joke that he thinks he is?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the attack in which the first enemy soldier is killed, why doesn't Richie shoot anyone?
2. Which soldier admits that he wanted to run to Canada when he heard he was drafted?
3. Which soldier does Lobel lament always dies in wars?
4. Who does Lobel warn Richie not to become?
5. Why doesn't the grenade that Richie throws into the Vietnamese hut explode?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)