|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say is happiness for him?
2. What does Clamence attempt to do when he sees the dog?
3. What did Clamence think of the auditor as before this chapter?
4. What does Clamence assure the auditor the boat is doing?
5. Where is Clamence at the beginning of this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the Fall of Man story. How influence has the story had on society? How Camus modernize the message in the Fall? What are the similarities and differences between the message the two stories are trying to convey?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Clamence's argument.
1) How does he introduce his ideas?
2) How does he deconstruct his ideas into a logical conclusion?
3) Are the ideas that Camus presents in his book, ideas that relate only the way Clamence lived his life or is the argument a critique of society in general?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Clamence's character. What is his objective is? What is his conflict? Take what you know about Clamence and write what kind of life you think he would have in today's society. How would his good and bad points translate into today's society?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)