|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the painting once hang?
2. Who takes Clamence hostage in Tunisia?
3. Who painted the painting?
4. Who does the young man profess hatred for?
5. How does Clamence celebrate the curing of his illness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Fall is written in the second person person. Why do you think Camus chose to write the story in the second person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if it was written in the third person?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the Fall of Man story. How influence has the story had on society? How Camus modernize the message in the Fall? What are the similarities and differences between the message the two stories are trying to convey?
Essay Topic 3
The novel is set in Amsterdam.
1) What meaning does Amsterdam bring to the novel? What would you automatically presume about a novel that was set in Amsterdam?
2) How different do you think today's Amsterdam is to the Amsterdam in the novel? How do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's Amsterdam?
3) How do you think the Amsterdam settings of the novel contributes to the novel's philosophy?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)