|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence claim decides a person's guilt?
2. When does Clamence say his fear of judgment was born?
3. Who does the young man profess hatred for?
4. What is Clamence too self obsessed to do?
5. What does Clamence write poetry about?
Essay Topic 1
What is a Judge Penitinent? In what way is it a contradiction? Why is this contradiction important to the ideas that Clamence is trying to express? What does Clamence mean when he says that modern life requires a paradox?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Camus' life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The Fall is written in the second person person. Why do you think Camus chose to write the story in the second person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if it was written in the third person?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)