|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say women do in Greece?
2. What is the first stage of Clamence's argument?
3. Where does Clamence see the dog?
4. What is the name of the painting?
5. What kind of love does the woman Clamence falls in love with believe in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Clamence's argument?
2. What debauchery does Clamence partake in?
3. What is a spitting cell?
4. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
5. What does Clamence remember about Paris in chapter 5?
6. What is the essence of Clamence's philosophy?
7. What is Clamence's opinions on Jesus Christ?
8. Why does Clamence call attention to the quaintness of Amsterdam?
9. How does Clamence lose his title of pope?
10. What does the boat in the fifth chapter represent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the following statement: The Fall is reacts against existentialism rather than supporting it. Using examples from the book write an essay either for or against the statement.
Essay Topic 2
Examine monologue. How does Camus develop characterization, plot and themes through the use of monologue. What meaning would the novel lose if it was written in ordinary prose?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the construction of Clamence's argument.
1) How does he introduce his ideas?
2) How does he deconstruct his ideas into a logical conclusion?
3) Are the ideas that Camus presents in his book, ideas that relate only the way Clamence lived his life or is the argument a critique of society in general?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)