|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who painted the painting?
2. Where does Clamence see the dog?
3. Who does the girl want to punish when she kills herself?
4. What does Clamence observe on the surface of the water?
5. What door does Clamence ask the auditor to lock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clamence say is the goal of living?
2. How does Greece contrast with Paris?
3. In what way does Clamence think the deceased is helpless?
4. Describe the Dutch town.
5. What is Clamence's opinions on Jesus Christ?
6. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
7. Why is Clamence a judge pentinent?
8. Why must the doves remain high in the atmosphere?
9. What is a little ease?
10. Describe Clamence's time in the foreign legion.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the following statement: The Fall is reacts against existentialism rather than supporting it. Using examples from the book write an essay either for or against the statement.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: The Fall foreshadows the loss of religious belief in the western world Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Camus express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)