|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What door does Clamence ask the auditor to lock?
2. What are the only two things Clamence says the doves can see from the sky?
3. What did Clamence think of the auditor as before this chapter?
4. Where does Clamence intend to end up?
5. What does Clamence promise to do at the end of chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Clamence a judge pentinent?
2. What did Clamence find out when he tried to commit suicide?
3. What is a little ease?
4. Describe Clamence's time in the foreign legion.
5. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
6. What is a spitting cell?
7. What is the essence of Clamence's philosophy?
8. What debauchery does Clamence partake in?
9. Describe Clamence's hallucination aboard the boat in chapter 5?
10. What encourage Clamence to join the foreign legion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Clamence referring to when he states without the strict dynamic of master and servant, any argument could stretch into affinity? Can the view be attribute to today's society or is such a view specific to the 1950s? Why would any argument stretch into affinity?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Camus express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the following statement: The Fall is reacts against existentialism rather than supporting it. Using examples from the book write an essay either for or against the statement.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)