|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say he is at the end of the chapter?
2. What country does Clamence talk about in this chapter?
3. What does the mention of the little ease provoke Clamence to talk about next?
4. What is the sky full of?
5. What city does Clamence contrast Greece to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must the doves remain high in the atmosphere?
2. How does Greece contrast with Paris?
3. What does the little ease signify?
4. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
5. In what way does Clamence think the deceased is helpless?
6. What is a little ease?
7. What is Clamence's role as pope?
8. Why does Clamence call attention to the quaintness of Amsterdam?
9. What is Clamence's opinions on Jesus Christ?
10. Describe the Dutch town.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a Judge Penitinent? In what way is it a contradiction? Why is this contradiction important to the ideas that Clamence is trying to express? What does Clamence mean when he says that modern life requires a paradox?
Essay Topic 2
The Fall is written in the second person person. Why do you think Camus chose to write the story in the second person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if it was written in the third person?
Essay Topic 3
Examine monologue. How does Camus develop characterization, plot and themes through the use of monologue. What meaning would the novel lose if it was written in ordinary prose?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)