Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say is happiness for him?
2. What does Clamence attempt to do when he sees the dog?
3. What did Clamence think of the auditor as before this chapter?
4. What does Clamence assure the auditor the boat is doing?
5. Where is Clamence at the beginning of this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
What is a Judge Penitinent? In what way is it a contradiction? Why is this contradiction important to the ideas that Clamence is trying to express? What does Clamence mean when he says that modern life requires a paradox?
Essay Topic 2
What is Clamence referring to when he states a death of a person brings them closer to us? Is this statement specific to his own personality or is he trying to attribute it to society in general?
Essay Topic 3
The Fall is written in the second person person. Why do you think Camus chose to write the story in the second person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if it was written in the third person?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)