Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say is happiness for him?
2. What does Clamence attempt to do when he sees the dog?
3. What did Clamence think of the auditor as before this chapter?
4. What does Clamence assure the auditor the boat is doing?
5. Where is Clamence at the beginning of this chapter?
Examine the role of the outsider in society. Why are so many philosophers and commentators in society thought of as outsiders? In what what way can outsiders see things differently to the majority? Why is their opinion seen as so valid? if it easier for an outsider like Clamence to recognize problems in society?
What is Clamence referring to when he states without the strict dynamic of master and servant, any argument could stretch into affinity? Can the view be attribute to today's society or is such a view specific to the 1950s? Why would any argument stretch into affinity?
Examine monologue. How does Camus develop characterization, plot and themes through the use of monologue. What meaning would the novel lose if it was written in ordinary prose?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)