|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Clamence follow his friend to?
2. What age was the little ease employed?
3. How does Clamence celebrate the curing of his illness?
4. What does Clamence observe on the surface of the water?
5. What other torture apparatus does Clamence mention in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a Judge Penitinent? In what way is it a contradiction? Why is this contradiction important to the ideas that Clamence is trying to express? What does Clamence mean when he says that modern life requires a paradox?
Essay Topic 2
Draw comparisons between Dante's Inferno and the Fall. Why do you think Camus uses Dante as a reference point? What meaning does it give the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the Fall of Man story. How influence has the story had on society? How Camus modernize the message in the Fall? What are the similarities and differences between the message the two stories are trying to convey?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)