Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say is happiness for him?
2. What does Clamence attempt to do when he sees the dog?
3. What did Clamence think of the auditor as before this chapter?
4. What does Clamence assure the auditor the boat is doing?
5. Where is Clamence at the beginning of this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Camus express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Camus use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between the Auditor and Clamence. What are their similarities and differences? How do these differences and similarities work to form their complex relationship Camus develops? Why is it significant that the Clamence sees the Auditor as someone like himself?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)