Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say is happiness for him?
2. What does Clamence attempt to do when he sees the dog?
3. What did Clamence think of the auditor as before this chapter?
4. What does Clamence assure the auditor the boat is doing?
5. Where is Clamence at the beginning of this chapter?
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Camus express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Examine translations. Do you think think a translator has to know about a country as well as the language to translate a book effectively? What do you think The Fall loses in its translation? In what way would you get more out of a book by reading it in its original translation?
Examine monologue. How does Camus develop characterization, plot and themes through the use of monologue. What meaning would the novel lose if it was written in ordinary prose?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)