Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence realize about the woman that deceives him?
2. What does society need to stop an argument from stretching into affinity?
3. What does Clamence tell his companion to take advantage of?
4. In what city was Clamence a defense attorney?
5. What is the first topic to be discussed in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Clamence find out when he tried to commit suicide?
2. What does Clamence say is the goal of living?
3. Why does Clamence call attention to the quaintness of Amsterdam?
4. What is Clamence's opinions on Jesus Christ?
5. Describe Clamence's hallucination aboard the boat in chapter 5?
6. What does the boat in the fifth chapter represent?
7. What is Clamence's relationship with women?
8. What is Clamence's role as pope?
9. What does Clamence talk about on the walk to the hotel?
10. In what way is Clamence two faced?
What is Clamence referring to when he states a death of a person brings them closer to us? Is this statement specific to his own personality or is he trying to attribute it to society in general?
Examine Clamence's character. What is his objective is? What is his conflict? Take what you know about Clamence and write what kind of life you think he would have in today's society. How would his good and bad points translate into today's society?
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: The Fall foreshadows the loss of religious belief in the western world Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)