|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clamence walk the auditor to?
2. What did Clamence father do for a living?
3. What city does Clamence compare Amsterdam with?
4. What two things does Clamence claim he shares with the auditor?
5. What does Clamence realize about the woman that deceives him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Clamence two faced?
2. What does Clamence say is the goal of living?
3. What debauchery does Clamence partake in?
4. Why will Clamence not cross bridges?
5. How does Clamence decide to add excitement to his life in chapter 5?
6. Why does Clamence call attention to the quaintness of Amsterdam?
7. What does Clamence remember about Paris in chapter 5?
8. How does the narrator describe the bartender?
9. What is Clamence's views on suicide?
10. Describe the Just Judges painting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the Fall of Man story. How influence has the story had on society? How Camus modernize the message in the Fall? What are the similarities and differences between the message the two stories are trying to convey?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Clamence's character. What is his objective is? What is his conflict? Take what you know about Clamence and write what kind of life you think he would have in today's society. How would his good and bad points translate into today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: The Fall foreshadows the loss of religious belief in the western world Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
This section contains 1,478 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)