Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence realize about the woman that deceives him?
2. What does society need to stop an argument from stretching into affinity?
3. What does Clamence tell his companion to take advantage of?
4. In what city was Clamence a defense attorney?
5. What is the first topic to be discussed in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Clamence find out when he tried to commit suicide?
2. What does Clamence say is the goal of living?
3. Why does Clamence call attention to the quaintness of Amsterdam?
4. What is Clamence's opinions on Jesus Christ?
5. Describe Clamence's hallucination aboard the boat in chapter 5?
6. What does the boat in the fifth chapter represent?
7. What is Clamence's relationship with women?
8. What is Clamence's role as pope?
9. What does Clamence talk about on the walk to the hotel?
10. In what way is Clamence two faced?
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does Camus express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
What is Clamence referring to when he states a death of a person brings them closer to us? Is this statement specific to his own personality or is he trying to attribute it to society in general?
Examine the following statement: The Fall is reacts against existentialism rather than supporting it. Using examples from the book write an essay either for or against the statement.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)