|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Clamence claim he contracted malaria?
(a) During his time as a circus performer
(b) During his time as pope
(c) During his time in the trenches
(d) During his time in Africa
2. What does Clamence say he is at the end of the chapter?
(a) A lost soul
(b) Innocent of his sins
(c) A modern prophet
(d) A modern tyrant
3. What kind of love does the woman Clamence falls in love with believe in?
(a) Love found in romance novels
(b) Love for mankind
(c) Love for animals
(d) Violent love
4. Whose company does Clamence say he removes himself from?
5. In what chapter did Clamence first mention the little ease?
(a) Chapter 1
(b) Chapter 4
(c) Chapter 3
(d) Chapter 2
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say happens to everybody he meets?
2. What is the first stage of Clamence's argument?
3. What country does Clamence follow his friend to?
4. What is the sky full of?
5. What does the young man want the prison pope to be elected for?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)