|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence observe on the surface of the water?
(a) A dark speck
(b) His trousers
(c) A whale
(d) A human foot
2. What does Clamence say he lacks in his relationships with women?
(a) An understanding of women
(b) An understanding of love
3. What is the sky full of?
4. Where is the camp Clamence is sent to?
(b) Cape Town
5. What do jailers do to a person in the spitting cell?
(a) Spit on them
(b) Pull their hair
(c) Gouge their eyes
(d) Throw hot coffee in their face
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence assure the auditor the boat is doing?
2. Who painted the painting?
3. What does Clamence think shows in every face?
4. Who does Clamence say he now possesses as accomplishes
5. Who does Clamence offer as pope?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clamence decide to add excitement to his life in chapter 5?
2. What encourage Clamence to join the foreign legion?
3. How does a fear of judgment affect Clament?
4. Why is Clamence a judge pentinent?
5. What does the little ease signify?
6. How does Clamence lose his title of pope?
7. What did Clamence find out when he tried to commit suicide?
8. Why must the doves remain high in the atmosphere?
9. Summarize Clamence's argument?
10. Describe the Dutch town.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)