|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence say he lacks in his relationships with women?
(b) An understanding of women
(c) An understanding of love
2. Why is Clamence chosen to be pope?
(a) He has goodness
(b) No one else volunteers
(c) He is nice to the young Frenchman
(d) He is is a complete failure
3. What happens to a person's body when they are in the little ease?
(a) It loosens
(b) It snaps in half
(c) It sheds its skin
(d) It stiffens
4. What city was the metro in?
5. What kind of faith does the young Frenchman have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence promise to do at the end of chapter 4?
2. What does Clamence say is the only reason for suicide?
3. What brings an end to Clamence's brief happiness?
4. Who takes Clamence hostage in Tunisia?
5. Where is Clamence sent when he joins the French resistance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clamence's reason for stealing a dying man's water?
2. How does Greece contrast with Paris?
3. What is Clamence's role as pope?
4. What is a little ease?
5. Summarize Clamence's argument?
6. What debauchery does Clamence partake in?
7. Describe Clamence's hallucination aboard the boat in chapter 5?
8. What is the essence of Clamence's philosophy?
9. What encourage Clamence to join the foreign legion?
10. How does Clamence lose his title of pope?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)