|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence suffer from?
2. What city was the metro in?
3. Where does Clamence see the dog?
(a) In a bus
(b) On the metro
(c) In his hotel
(d) On a metro platform
4. What does Clamence write poetry about?
(a) Virtues of things he once thought awful
(c) The Arabs
(d) The affect of God on his life
5. In what chapter did Clamence first mention the little ease?
(a) Chapter 3
(b) Chapter 4
(c) Chapter 2
(d) Chapter 1
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence begin to wonder when he contracts liver disease?
2. What does Clamence say the underlying environment of the Dutch part of town is like?
3. Where did the painting once hang?
4. Why does Clamence claim Jesus went quietly to his death?
5. What part of the ship is Clamence on when he observes the dark speck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must the doves remain high in the atmosphere?
2. What does the little ease signify?
3. What is Clamence's views on suicide?
4. Summarize Clamence's argument?
5. What does the boat in the fifth chapter represent?
6. What is a spitting cell?
7. How does Greece contrast with Paris?
8. In what way does Clamence think the deceased is helpless?
9. What is Clamence's reason for stealing a dying man's water?
10. What is a little ease?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)