|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clamence claim he is a Judge Pentinent?
(a) Because of the hypocrisy of the world
(b) Because his father was
(c) Because he is funny
(d) Because the world is unjust
2. When did Clamence claim he contracted malaria?
(a) During his time in the trenches
(b) During his time as a circus performer
(c) During his time as pope
(d) During his time in Africa
3. What does Clamence claim the shop signs symbolize?
4. How many subjects has Clamence got to deal with before he tackles the judge pentinent?
5. What city does Clamence contrast Greece to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence promise to do at the end of chapter 4?
2. Why must the doves remain in the sky?
3. What does the young man want the prison pope to be elected for?
4. What kind of faith does the young Frenchman have?
5. What is the name of the painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clamence lose his title of pope?
2. What is Clamence's role as pope?
3. What did Clamence find out when he tried to commit suicide?
4. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
5. What debauchery does Clamence partake in?
6. What does Clamence remember about Paris in chapter 5?
7. What does Clamence say is the goal of living?
8. Describe the Just Judges painting?
9. How does a fear of judgment affect Clament?
10. How does Clamence decide to add excitement to his life in chapter 5?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)