|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence say women do in Greece?
(a) Stay at home
(d) Go to the gym
2. What is Clamence too self obsessed to do?
(d) Kill himself
3. What does Clamence promise to do at the end of chapter 4?
(a) To go home
(b) To define a judge penitent
(c) To take the auditor to a bordello
(d) To seek help
4. Who does Clamence want to vilify?
(a) The royal family
(b) His family
(c) The French prime minister
(d) The people he once defended
5. Where is the camp Clamence is sent to?
(d) Cape Town
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Clamence want to achieve by killing himself?
2. When does Clamence say his fear of judgment was born?
3. What does Clamence write poetry about?
4. What does Clamence say is the goal of living?
5. What does Clamence say is happiness for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a fear of judgment affect Clament?
2. How does Clamence decide to add excitement to his life in chapter 5?
3. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
4. What is Clamence's role as pope?
5. What does the little ease signify?
6. What does Clamence remember about Paris in chapter 5?
7. What debauchery does Clamence partake in?
8. What is the essence of Clamence's philosophy?
9. How does Greece contrast with Paris?
10. What is Clamence's views on suicide?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)