|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence say is the goal of living?
(a) To avoid judgement
(b) To avoid punishment
(c) To get to heaven
(d) To fall in love
2. Why is water so important in the camp?
(a) It is needed for everything
(b) It is the only thing to drink
(c) There is a shortage
(d) It is a dry climate
3. What does the mention of the little ease provoke Clamence to talk about next?
(a) Innocence and guilt
(c) The financial market
(d) Love and marriage
4. Who does Clamence offer as pope?
(b) The young Frenchman
(c) A prison guard
(d) His best friend
5. What city was the metro in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Clamence sent when he joins the French resistance?
2. What is Clamence's most important duty?
3. Why does Clamence claim Jesus went quietly to his death?
4. How does Clamence offend atheists?
5. What does Clamence say is the only reason for suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clamence call attention to the quaintness of Amsterdam?
2. What does Clamence say is the goal of living?
3. What is Clamence's views on suicide?
4. Describe the Just Judges painting?
5. What does the little ease signify?
6. How does a fear of judgment affect Clament?
7. What is Clamence's reason for stealing a dying man's water?
8. How does Greece contrast with Paris?
9. What encourage Clamence to join the foreign legion?
10. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)