|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence suffer from?
2. What does Clamence think his suicide would do for his friends?
(a) Curse them
(b) Destroy them
(c) Enlighten them
(d) Free them
3. What does Clamence say is the only reason for suicide?
(a) To observe its affects
(b) To get out of debt
(c) To go to heaven
(d) To end ones life
4. Where is Clamence sent when he joins the French resistance?
(b) North Africa
(c) South Asia
(d) East Europe
5. What city does Clamence contrast Greece to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence turn to in an attempt to rediscover his enthusiasm?
2. What subject does Clamence move onto after he talks about his lack of friends?
3. How do male friends in Greece walk?
4. What kind of faith does the young Frenchman have?
5. Why is water so important in the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Dutch town.
2. Why does Clamence call attention to the quaintness of Amsterdam?
3. Why is Clamence a judge pentinent?
4. What encourage Clamence to join the foreign legion?
5. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
6. Summarize Clamence's argument?
7. What is Clamence's reason for stealing a dying man's water?
8. How does Greece contrast with Paris?
9. What did Clamence find out when he tried to commit suicide?
10. What is a spitting cell?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)