|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence suffer from?
2. What is the name of the painting?
(a) The Just Judges
(b) The Judge Pentinent
(c) The Difference Betwen Wrong and Right
(d) Innocence and Guilt
3. What does Clamence say is happiness for him?
(a) Making others unhappy
(b) Making women cry
(c) Making people laugh
(d) Feeling love
4. When does Clamence say his fear of judgment was born?
(a) The incident with the motorcyclist
(b) The day he was fired
(c) The night on the Pont du Art
(d) The night on Pont Royal
5. What are the only two things Clamence says the doves can see from the sky?
(a) Smoke and cars
(b) People and cars
(c) Trams and bicycles
(d) Shop signs and canals
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clamence claim he is a Judge Pentinent?
2. What subject does Clamence move onto after he talks about his lack of friends?
3. Why did Christ die in Clamence's opinion?
4. Why must the doves remain in the sky?
5. What kind of love does the woman Clamence falls in love with believe in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clamence's role as pope?
2. What does Clamence remember about Paris in chapter 5?
3. Why is Clamence a judge pentinent?
4. Why does Clamence call attention to the quaintness of Amsterdam?
5. How does a fear of judgment affect Clament?
6. Describe the Dutch town.
7. What debauchery does Clamence partake in?
8. What does the boat in the fifth chapter represent?
9. What is Clamence's reason for stealing a dying man's water?
10. How does Clamence decide to add excitement to his life in chapter 5?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)