|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence attempt to do when he sees the dog?
(a) Call it
(b) Feed it
(c) Kick it
(d) Run away
2. Why did Christ die in Clamence's opinion?
(a) He was a masochist
(b) His lack of innocence
(c) He was weak
(d) He wanted to be famous
3. Where does Clamence intend to end up?
4. Why does Clamence decide to keep only the company of women?
(a) To raise his spirits
(b) To develop his feminine side
(c) To rediscover his passion
(d) To find a wife
5. What does Clamence turn to in an attempt to rediscover his enthusiasm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence decide to join after the incident with the dog?
2. What is the dark speck in reality?
3. What does Clamence think his suicide would do for his friends?
4. What is a little ease?
5. What does Clamence continue to hear even in his forlorn state?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clament change when he begins to fear judgment?
2. Describe Clamence's hallucination aboard the boat in chapter 5?
3. Describe the Just Judges painting?
4. What does the little ease signify?
5. What encourage Clamence to join the foreign legion?
6. What is a little ease?
7. What is Clamence's views on suicide?
8. Describe the Dutch town.
9. How does Clamence make himself feel happy?
10. What did Clamence find out when he tried to commit suicide?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)