|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Clamence hostage in Tunisia?
(c) Tunisian police
2. Who does Clament fantasize assaulting?
(a) The auditor
(b) Blind people
(c) His lover
(d) His mother
3. When does Clamence say his fear of judgment was born?
(a) The night on the Pont du Art
(b) The incident with the motorcyclist
(c) The night on Pont Royal
(d) The day he was fired
4. What does Clamence say the underlying environment of the Dutch part of town is like?
(a) Gray, wet and devoid of people
(b) Quiet and shy
(c) Humorous and quaint
(d) A criminal wasteland
5. What does Clamence claim the shop signs symbolize?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence now think of the auditor as?
2. How do male friends in Greece walk?
3. What does Clamence write poetry about?
4. Why is Clamence chosen to be pope?
5. What is a little ease?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the little ease signify?
2. In what way does Clamence think the deceased is helpless?
3. What is Clamence's opinions on Jesus Christ?
4. What did Clamence find out when he tried to commit suicide?
5. Describe the Dutch town.
6. What does Clamence say is the goal of living?
7. How does Clamence decide to add excitement to his life in chapter 5?
8. Describe Clamence's hallucination aboard the boat in chapter 5?
9. What is a spitting cell?
10. What does the boat in the fifth chapter represent?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)