|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence say he is at the end of the chapter?
(a) A modern tyrant
(b) Innocent of his sins
(c) A lost soul
(d) A modern prophet
2. What door does Clamence ask the auditor to open?
(a) The bedroom
(b) The cupboard
(c) The wardrobe
(d) The kitchen
3. What does Clamence assure the auditor the boat is doing?
(a) Going to Paris
(b) Traveling at mid speed
(c) Traveling at top speed
(d) Turning back
4. Who does the girl want to punish when she kills herself?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her boyfriend
(c) Her father
(d) Her mother
5. Who painted the painting?
(a) His father
(b) Jan van Eyck
(c) Vincent Van Gogh
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clamence say he now possesses as accomplishes
2. Who takes Clamence hostage in Tunisia?
3. What city was the metro in?
4. What does Clamence think his suicide would do for his friends?
5. What are Clamence and the auditor traveling on in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clamence make himself feel happy?
2. What does the boat in the fifth chapter represent?
3. What is Clamence's opinions on Jesus Christ?
4. What is Clamence's reason for stealing a dying man's water?
5. How does Greece contrast with Paris?
6. Describe the Dutch town.
7. What did Clamence find out when he tried to commit suicide?
8. What does the little ease signify?
9. What does Clamence remember about Paris in chapter 5?
10. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)