|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the dog go to instead?
(a) Its owner
(b) Its mother
(c) A young orphan
(d) A young German soldier
2. What disallows Frenchmen from walking hand in hand?
(b) The government
3. When did Clamence first realize he had no friends?
(a) When he was in hospital
(b) When he tried to kill himself
(c) When he ran the Paris marathon
(d) When he needed money
4. What does Clamence decide to join after the incident with the dog?
(a) The French resistance
(b) The church
(c) The German army
(d) The masons
5. Who does the girl want to punish when she kills herself?
(a) Her boyfriend
(b) Her brother
(c) Her father
(d) Her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence begin to wonder when he contracts liver disease?
2. Why does Clamence claim he is a Judge Pentinent?
3. How does Clamence lose his position as pope?
4. What does Clamence say he is not seduced by?
5. What does Clamence assure the auditor the boat is doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clament change when he begins to fear judgment?
2. Why does Clamence call attention to the quaintness of Amsterdam?
3. Why must the doves remain high in the atmosphere?
4. How does Clamence decide to add excitement to his life in chapter 5?
5. How does Clamence make himself feel happy?
6. What is a spitting cell?
7. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
8. What debauchery does Clamence partake in?
9. Describe Clamence's time in the foreign legion.
10. Summarize Clamence's argument?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)