|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clamence offend atheists?
(a) By speaking of God
(b) By reading from the bible
(c) By belittling their belief
(d) By joining the church
2. Who does Clamence talk about after his discussion about innocence and guilt?
(a) The auditor
(b) His mother
(c) His best friend
(d) Jesus Christ
3. What subject does Clamence move onto after he talks about his lack of friends?
4. What does Clamence assure the auditor the boat is doing?
(a) Turning back
(b) Going to Paris
(c) Traveling at mid speed
(d) Traveling at top speed
5. What city does Clamence contrast Greece to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Clamence talk about in this chapter?
2. What does Clamence say is the only reason for suicide?
3. What does Clamence suffer from?
4. Why is Clamence chosen to be pope?
5. What is Clamence too self obsessed to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the little ease signify?
2. Why must the doves remain high in the atmosphere?
3. What is Clamence's role as pope?
4. How does a fear of judgment affect Clament?
5. How does Clament change when he begins to fear judgment?
6. In what way does Clamence think the deceased is helpless?
7. Describe the Just Judges painting?
8. What debauchery does Clamence partake in?
9. What does the boat in the fifth chapter represent?
10. How does Clamence lose his title of pope?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)