|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is water so important in the camp?
(a) It is a dry climate
(b) It is needed for everything
(c) There is a shortage
(d) It is the only thing to drink
2. Who takes Clamence hostage in Tunisia?
(b) Tunisian police
3. What other torture apparatus does Clamence mention in this chapter?
(a) A spitting cell
(b) The rack
(c) The hair puller
(d) A thumb screw
4. How does Clamence celebrate the curing of his illness?
(a) A night of debauchery
(b) A cruise
(c) An expensive lunch
(d) A party
5. What subject does Clamence move onto after he talks about his lack of friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say he lacks in his relationships with women?
2. Why did Christ die in Clamence's opinion?
3. What is Clamence too self obsessed to do?
4. What does Clamence begin to wonder when he contracts liver disease?
5. What does Clamence attempt to do when he sees the dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Clamence's argument?
2. Why does Clamence call attention to the quaintness of Amsterdam?
3. What is a spitting cell?
4. Why must the doves remain high in the atmosphere?
5. In what way does Clamence think the deceased is helpless?
6. How does Greece contrast with Paris?
7. What is a little ease?
8. What does the little ease signify?
9. Describe Clamence's time in the foreign legion.
10. What is the essence of Clamence's philosophy?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)