|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Clamence offer as pope?
(a) His best friend
(c) A prison guard
(d) The young Frenchman
2. What does Clamence continue to hear even in his forlorn state?
(d) His father's choice
3. What does Clamence say is happiness for him?
(a) Feeling love
(b) Making people laugh
(c) Making women cry
(d) Making others unhappy
4. What does Clamence assure the auditor the boat is doing?
(a) Going to Paris
(b) Turning back
(c) Traveling at mid speed
(d) Traveling at top speed
5. How does Clamence celebrate the curing of his illness?
(a) A party
(b) A cruise
(c) A night of debauchery
(d) An expensive lunch
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clamence claim Jesus went quietly to his death?
2. Where did the painting once hang?
3. What does Clamence say is the only reason for suicide?
4. In what chapter did Clamence first mention the little ease?
5. Where is the camp Clamence is sent to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
2. Summarize Clamence's argument?
3. How does Clamence decide to add excitement to his life in chapter 5?
4. What is Clamence's role as pope?
5. How does Clament change when he begins to fear judgment?
6. What is Clamence's views on suicide?
7. What does the boat in the fifth chapter represent?
8. What is a spitting cell?
9. What does Clamence remember about Paris in chapter 5?
10. Describe Clamence's hallucination aboard the boat in chapter 5?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)