|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence say he lacks in his relationships with women?
(c) An understanding of women
(d) An understanding of love
2. Where does Clamence intend to end up?
3. What does Clamence now think of the auditor as?
(a) A comedian
(b) A fellow sinner
(c) A dear friend
(d) A blood brother
4. What country does Clamence follow his friend to?
5. Who painted the painting?
(a) His father
(b) Vincent Van Gogh
(c) Jan van Eyck
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence begin to wonder when he contracts liver disease?
2. What does Clamence suffer from?
3. What are the only two things Clamence says the doves can see from the sky?
4. What other torture apparatus does Clamence mention in this chapter?
5. What disallows Frenchmen from walking hand in hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the little ease signify?
2. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
3. What does Clamence remember about Paris in chapter 5?
4. How does Clamence lose his title of pope?
5. How does Greece contrast with Paris?
6. What is Clamence's opinions on Jesus Christ?
7. How does Clamence decide to add excitement to his life in chapter 5?
8. What is Clamence's views on suicide?
9. Describe the Just Judges painting?
10. What encourage Clamence to join the foreign legion?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)