|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of faith does the young Frenchman have?
2. In what chapter did Clamence first mention the little ease?
(a) Chapter 3
(b) Chapter 4
(c) Chapter 2
(d) Chapter 1
3. What does Clamence say happens to everybody he meets?
(a) They become an accomplice in his game
(b) They fall in love with him
(c) They kill themslves
(d) They lose faith in themselves
4. What is the girl's father's pastime?
(c) Horse racing
5. What is Clamence too self obsessed to do?
(a) Kill himself
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence attempt to do when he sees the dog?
2. What does Clamence say he lacks in his relationships with women?
3. Whose company does Clamence say he removes himself from?
4. What does Clamence say is happiness for him?
5. When does Clamence say his fear of judgment was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clamence decide to add excitement to his life in chapter 5?
2. What does the little ease signify?
3. Why must the doves remain high in the atmosphere?
4. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
5. Describe Clamence's time in the foreign legion.
6. Describe the Dutch town.
7. Why is Clamence a judge pentinent?
8. What is Clamence's views on suicide?
9. What is a little ease?
10. What is Clamence's opinions on Jesus Christ?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)