|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first stage of Clamence's argument?
(a) He accuses himself
(b) He gets the attention of his audience
(c) He sets up a web of lies
(d) He lays out the truth
2. What disallows Frenchmen from walking hand in hand?
(b) The government
3. What are the only two things Clamence says the doves can see from the sky?
(a) Shop signs and canals
(b) Trams and bicycles
(c) Smoke and cars
(d) People and cars
4. What does Clamence promise to do at the end of chapter 4?
(a) To seek help
(b) To define a judge penitent
(c) To take the auditor to a bordello
(d) To go home
5. What does Clamence say he can no longer bear?
(a) The emptiness of Paris
(d) His duplicity
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dark speck in reality?
2. Who does Clamence talk about after his discussion about innocence and guilt?
3. Why does Clamence claim Jesus went quietly to his death?
4. What does Clamence say he is at the end of the chapter?
5. Where is Clamence at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)