|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence claim his occupation is?
(a) Judge penitent
2. What nationality are the two men?
3. What type of drink do the men have?
4. What does the narrator call the barman?
(a) A cheeky monkey
(b) A worthy ape
(c) A huggable bear
(d) A man of fun
5. What does Clamence claim would be true happiness for him?
(a) Seven virgins
(b) A non existent sex drive
(c) Women waiting on him
(d) Eight wives
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence respect about the Dutch middle class?
2. Who does Clamence claim he waits for in Mexico City?
3. Where does Clamence walk the auditor to?
4. What does Clamence believe is necessary?
5. In what book is the circles of hell described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clamence see himself?
2. In what way is Clamence similar to the criminals he once defended?
3. Why does Clamence say he strives to be selfless?
4. In what way does the author show that Clamence is not as confident as he claims?
5. What does Clamence say his sign would be?
6. What do Clamence and his new companion represent?
7. In what way is Clamence two faced?
8. Why does Clamence say it is easier to be closer to a dead person?
9. What was Clamence's role in Paris society?
10. What is significant about the story about the motorcycle?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)