|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should a master exercise power without?
(a) A whip
2. What two things does Clamence claim he shares with the auditor?
(a) A love for women and a love for books
(b) Appearance and age
(c) Intelligence and age
(d) Happiness and appearance
3. What type of drink do the men have?
4. What does Clamence believe is necessary?
5. What does Clamence realize about the woman that deceives him?
(a) She is angry towards him
(b) She has a mind of her own
(c) She is more intelligent than him
(d) She is nasty
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say would happen if every criminal were sentenced?
2. What would be the motto on Clamence's sign?
3. Who does Clamence claim he waits for in Mexico City?
4. What does Clamence think understanding is?
5. Where does Clamence return to when he is struck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Mexico City bar.
2. How does the laugh Clamence heard on the bridge affect his life?
3. Why does Clamence say he strives to be selfless?
4. Summarize the story about the motorcycle Clamence tells in chapter 3?
5. What does Clamence talk about on the walk to the hotel?
6. Why does Clamence say it is easier to be closer to a dead person?
7. Why will Clamence not cross bridges?
8. In what way is Clamence similar to the criminals he once defended?
9. Describe Clamence's experience on the Pont de Arts.
10. What is Clamence's opinion on slavery?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)