|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bar?
(a) London Town
(b) Dante's Fire
(c) Mexico City
(d) The Circle of Hell
2. What does Clamence say happens when a close relative or friend dies?
(a) You move on
(b) You lose a part of yourself
(c) They become closer to ou
(d) You forget them
3. What does Clamence suggests happens when he climbs to great heights?
(a) He loses his integrity
(b) He falls
(c) He falls in love
(d) He becomes king
4. What does Clamence hear on the the Pont des Arts?
(d) A thousand voices
5. What does the narrator call the barman?
(a) A huggable bear
(b) A cheeky monkey
(c) A man of fun
(d) A worthy ape
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Clamence father do for a living?
2. Which of the following terms does Clamence use to describe the auditor?
3. What does Clamence say he is guilty of?
4. What kind of problem does Clamence confess to?
5. What does Clamence say he is doomed to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Sadducee?
2. Summarize the story about the motorcycle Clamence tells in chapter 3?
3. How does Clamence see himself?
4. In what way is Clamence similar to the criminals he once defended?
5. What is significant about the story about the motorcycle?
6. In what way does Clamence compare Amsterdam to Dante's circles of hell?
7. How does the narrator describe the bartender?
8. How does the narrator compare Amsterdam and Paris?
9. What is Clamence's opinion on the Dutch?
10. In what way does the author show that Clamence is not as confident as he claims?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)