|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink does Clamence talk lyrically about?
2. What does Clamence claim he is?
(a) A dictator
(b) A hate figure
(c) A sensualist
(d) A atheist
3. What does Clamence refer to himself as?
(a) A fool
(b) A deus ex machina
(c) A philosopher
(d) A Jekyl and Hyde
4. What does Clamence think understanding is?
(a) A mediocre emotion
(b) The main stay of all relationships
(c) A waste of time
5. What does Clamence have a firm belief in?
(a) His superioty
(b) His seduction of women
(c) His intelligence
(d) His abilty as a lawyer
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clamence claim Amsterdam's denizens inhabit?
2. Who does Clamence claim he used to act as an advocate for?
3. Which word best describes Clamence?
4. Why does Clamence help the blind across the street?
5. Who does Clamence claim he waits for in Mexico City?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Clamence two faced?
2. Why does Clamence say he strives to be selfless?
3. Why will Clamence not cross bridges?
4. What is a Sadducee?
5. Why does Clamence say it is easier to be closer to a dead person?
6. In what way does Clamence compare Amsterdam to Dante's circles of hell?
7. In what way does Clamence show himself to be a narcissist?
8. What does Clamence say his sign would be?
9. What was Clamence's role in Paris society?
10. What does Clamence show himself up to be in this chapter?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)