|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clamence help the blind across the street?
(a) For money
(b) To gain pleasure of virtue
(c) Tomake others look bad
(d) For women
2. Which of the following subjects does Clamence talk about as they walk?
(a) Hitler's death
(c) Nazi genocide
3. What would Clamence's cards read?
(a) Jesus Christ, fake
(b) John Baptiste Clamence, play actor
(c) John Bapiste, the one and only
(d) Clamence, true to his word
4. What two traitors does Clamence mention in this chapter?
(a) Guy Fawkes and Judas
(b) Judas and Lucifer
(c) Guy Fawkes and Lucifer
(d) Lucifer and Trotsky
5. How does Clamence have the ability to judge average society?
(a) He is well educated
(b) He is an outsider
(c) He is above them
(d) He have lived with all classes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does someone in the crowd attack Clamence?
2. Why does the young woman kill herself?
3. What is significant about Clamence's smile in this chapter?
4. Who did Clamence have an argument with?
5. What was the deus ex machina's role in a play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Clamence not cross bridges?
2. Why does Clamence call attention to the quaintness of Amsterdam?
3. What is Clamence's views on suicide?
4. What was Clamence's role in Paris society?
5. Describe the auditor
6. How has Clamence's relationship with the auditor changed?
7. What is a Sadducee?
8. In what way does Clamence think the deceased is helpless?
9. Describe Clamence's time in the foreign legion.
10. How does a fear of judgment affect Clament?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)