|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence ask the auditor to bestow upon himself?
(a) A sign
(b) A word
(c) A star
(d) A planet
2. What does society need to stop an argument from stretching into affinity?
(b) The dynamics between man and woman
(c) The dynamics between master and servant
3. What kind of problem does Clamence confess to?
(a) A sex problem
(b) A psychological and physical problem
(c) A family problem
(d) A socital problem
4. What does Clamence say he is constantly attached to?
(c) His mother
5. What drink does Clamence talk lyrically about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clamence claim Amsterdam's denizens inhabit?
2. What two things does Clamence claim he shares with the auditor?
3. What does Clamence believe is necessary?
4. What city are the two men in?
5. What does Clamence say he is successful with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clamence see himself?
2. In what way is Clamence similar to the criminals he once defended?
3. Why does Clamence say it is easier to be closer to a dead person?
4. What is the significance of Clamence calling himself Jean-Baptiste?
5. In what way does the author show that Clamence is not as confident as he claims?
6. In what way is Clamence two faced?
7. In what way does chapter three mark the beginning of Clamence's fall?
8. Summarize the story about the motorcycle Clamence tells in chapter 3?
9. What does Clamence say his sign would be?
10. In what way does Clamence compare Amsterdam to Dante's circles of hell?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)