Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence realize about the woman that deceives him?
(a) She has a mind of her own
(b) She is more intelligent than him
(c) She is angry towards him
(d) She is nasty
2. What does society need to stop an argument from stretching into affinity?
(a) The dynamics between master and servant
(b) The dynamics between man and woman
3. What does Clamence tell his companion to take advantage of?
(a) The free hotel breakfast
(b) His company
(c) The local prostitutes
(d) The lack of security in the hotel
4. In what city was Clamence a defense attorney?
5. What is the first topic to be discussed in this chapter?
(b) The laughter
(d) Crossing bridges
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clamence say he is obliged to live?
2. What does the young woman do in Clamence's story?
3. What does Clamence refer to himself as?
4. Where does Clamence claim Amsterdam's denizens inhabit?
5. What phrase does Clamence use to describe his fall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Clamence find out when he tried to commit suicide?
2. What does Clamence say is the goal of living?
3. Why does Clamence call attention to the quaintness of Amsterdam?
4. What is Clamence's opinions on Jesus Christ?
5. Describe Clamence's hallucination aboard the boat in chapter 5?
6. What does the boat in the fifth chapter represent?
7. What is Clamence's relationship with women?
8. What is Clamence's role as pope?
9. What does Clamence talk about on the walk to the hotel?
10. In what way is Clamence two faced?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)