|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two traitors does Clamence mention in this chapter?
(a) Judas and Lucifer
(b) Guy Fawkes and Judas
(c) Lucifer and Trotsky
(d) Guy Fawkes and Lucifer
2. Which word best describes Clamence?
3. What does Clamence claim his occupation is?
(a) Judge penitent
4. Why does Clamence not want a woman to love him?
(a) Because he could never love
(b) Becasue he would have to marry them
(c) Because of the responsibilty
(d) Because he is a sensualist
5. What does Clamence accuse the Dutch of being?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say a woman's faithfulness feeds?
2. What should a master exercise power without?
3. What does the narrator call the barman?
4. What does Clamence not want the women he is with to do?
5. What does Clamence think understanding is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clamence see himself?
2. What is significant about the story about the motorcycle?
3. In what way does Clamence compare Amsterdam to Dante's circles of hell?
4. In what way is Clamence two faced?
5. Describe the Mexico City bar.
6. What is Clamence's opinion on slavery?
7. What is a Sadducee?
8. What does Clamence show himself up to be in this chapter?
9. In what way does the author show that Clamence is not as confident as he claims?
10. What was Clamence's role in Paris society?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)