|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence say we owe the dead?
(a) A monument
(b) An apology
2. What kind of problem does Clamence confess to?
(a) A sex problem
(b) A socital problem
(c) A family problem
(d) A psychological and physical problem
3. What did Clamence father do for a living?
(a) An officer in the army
(b) A pilot
(c) A policeman
(d) A lawyer
4. What would Clamence's cards read?
(a) John Baptiste Clamence, play actor
(b) Clamence, true to his word
(c) John Bapiste, the one and only
(d) Jesus Christ, fake
5. What city does Clamence compare Amsterdam with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say he is guilty of?
2. Who did Clamence have an argument with?
3. What is the only language the bartender speaks?
4. What does Clamence compare Amsterdam's canals to?
5. What does Clamence have a firm belief in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clamence's relationship with women?
2. What is a deus ex machina?
3. What does Clamence talk about on the walk to the hotel?
4. What is Clamence's opinion on slavery?
5. Why does Clamence say he strives to be selfless?
6. What is the significance of Clamence calling himself Jean-Baptiste?
7. In what way is Clamence two faced?
8. In what way is Clamence similar to the criminals he once defended?
9. What does Clamence show himself up to be in this chapter?
10. In what way does Clamence show himself to be a narcissist?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)