|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following subjects does Clamence talk about as they walk?
(b) Hitler's death
(c) Nazi genocide
2. What does the young woman do in Clamence's story?
(a) Cuts out her eyes
(b) Commits suicide
(c) Robs a bank
(d) Marries a tyrant
3. What does Clamence have a firm belief in?
(a) His seduction of women
(b) His abilty as a lawyer
(c) His intelligence
(d) His superioty
4. What is an example of the use of power Clamence talks about?
5. What is the only language the bartender speaks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Clamence use to describe his fall?
2. Why does someone in the crowd attack Clamence?
3. Why does Clamence help the blind across the street?
4. What does Clamence say we owe the dead?
5. What is the full name of the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the story about the motorcycle Clamence tells in chapter 3?
2. How does the laugh Clamence heard on the bridge affect his life?
3. What is Clamence's opinion on slavery?
4. What does Clamence show himself up to be in this chapter?
5. In what way is Clamence two faced?
6. How does the narrator describe the bartender?
7. What is the significance of Clamence calling himself Jean-Baptiste?
8. In what way does chapter three mark the beginning of Clamence's fall?
9. What is Clamence's opinion on the Dutch?
10. In what way is Clamence similar to the criminals he once defended?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)