|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence believe his story illustrates?
(a) His love of life
(b) His integrity
(c) Self awareness
(d) Self confidence
2. What does Clamence accuse the Dutch of being?
3. What is the name of the bar?
(a) Mexico City
(b) Dante's Fire
(c) The Circle of Hell
(d) London Town
4. What does Clamence claim he is?
(a) A atheist
(b) A sensualist
(c) A hate figure
(d) A dictator
5. What does the burglar require from Clamence?
(a) The time
(b) A woman
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only language the bartender speaks?
2. What does the Nazi soldier ask a mother?
3. Where does Clamence walk the auditor to?
4. Which of the following subjects does Clamence talk about as they walk?
5. What does Clamence claim would be true happiness for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Clamence two faced?
2. What is Clamence's relationship with women?
3. Why does Clamence say he strives to be selfless?
4. What is Clamence's opinion on the Dutch?
5. What does Clamence talk about on the walk to the hotel?
6. How does Clamence see himself?
7. What does Clamence show himself up to be in this chapter?
8. What do Clamence and his new companion represent?
9. Why will Clamence not cross bridges?
10. What is the significance of Clamence calling himself Jean-Baptiste?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)