|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Clamence claim Amsterdam's denizens inhabit?
(a) Ancient Greece
(c) Ancient Egypt
(d) Ancient Rome
2. What does Clamence not want the women he is with to do?
(a) Love him
(b) Tickle him
(c) Kiss him
(d) Hate him
3. What two things does Clamence claim he shares with the auditor?
(a) Happiness and appearance
(b) Appearance and age
(c) A love for women and a love for books
(d) Intelligence and age
4. What is the full name of the narrator?
(a) Albert Camus
(b) Fillipe Flaubert
(c) Jean-Baptiste Clamence
(d) Jean-Michel Genet
5. What does Clamence say he is guilty of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence claim would be true happiness for him?
2. Who did Clamence have an argument with?
3. What phrase does Clamence use to describe his fall?
4. What does society need to stop an argument from stretching into affinity?
5. What does Clamence say his own sign would look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a deus ex machina?
2. What is Clamence's opinion on the Dutch?
3. In what way does chapter three mark the beginning of Clamence's fall?
4. Why does Clamence say he strives to be selfless?
5. Summarize the story about the motorcycle Clamence tells in chapter 3?
6. How does the laugh Clamence heard on the bridge affect his life?
7. In what way is Clamence similar to the criminals he once defended?
8. In what way does the author show that Clamence is not as confident as he claims?
9. What does Clamence show himself up to be in this chapter?
10. What is a Sadducee?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)