|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence suggests happens when he climbs to great heights?
(a) He falls in love
(b) He becomes king
(c) He loses his integrity
(d) He falls
2. From what culture does the deus ex machina come from?
3. What does Clamence say he is guilty of?
4. What does Clamence accuse the Dutch of being?
5. What begins Clamence's dissertation on power?
(a) A slave trader's sign
(b) A group of women
(c) The barman's presence
(d) The auditor's lack of confidence
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator call the barman?
2. What is significant about Clamence's smile in this chapter?
3. How did Clamence get across bridges after he heard the laugh?
4. Who does Clamence claim he waits for in Mexico City?
5. What is the name of the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the bartender?
2. In what way is Clamence similar to the criminals he once defended?
3. What was Clamence's role in Paris society?
4. In what way does chapter three mark the beginning of Clamence's fall?
5. What does Clamence say his sign would be?
6. What does Clamence talk about on the walk to the hotel?
7. What is the significance of Clamence calling himself Jean-Baptiste?
8. Why will Clamence not cross bridges?
9. What is significant about the story about the motorcycle?
10. What does Clamence show himself up to be in this chapter?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)