|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Clamence hostage in Tunisia?
(b) Tunisian police
2. What does Clamence claim the shop signs symbolize?
3. What does Clamence say he lacks in his relationships with women?
(c) An understanding of love
(d) An understanding of women
4. What does Clamence say he is at the end of the chapter?
(a) Innocent of his sins
(b) A lost soul
(c) A modern tyrant
(d) A modern prophet
5. What does Clamence say he is not seduced by?
(a) The Dutch part of town
(c) Pretty women
(d) The auditor
6. What does Clamence observe on the surface of the water?
(a) A dark speck
(b) His trousers
(c) A whale
(d) A human foot
7. What is the dark speck in reality?
(a) A woman
(b) A golf ball
(c) A fish
(d) A piece of refuse
8. What does Clamence want to confess?
(a) His hate
(b) All his problems
(c) All his sins
(d) His love
9. What is the girl's father's pastime?
(b) Horse racing
10. How does Clamence celebrate the curing of his illness?
(a) A party
(b) A cruise
(c) An expensive lunch
(d) A night of debauchery
11. What country does Clamence follow his friend to?
12. What did Clamence think of the auditor as before this chapter?
(a) As a compatriot
(b) As a lost brother
(c) As a dear friend
(d) As a fellow sinner
13. What does Clamence say women do in Greece?
(b) Stay at home
(c) Go to the gym
14. What door does Clamence ask the auditor to lock?
(a) The kitchen door
(b) The wardrobe door
(c) The bedroom door
(d) The cabinet door
15. When did Clamence claim he contracted malaria?
(a) During his time in Africa
(b) During his time as a circus performer
(c) During his time as pope
(d) During his time in the trenches
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young man want the prison pope to be elected for?
2. What is the first stage of Clamence's argument?
3. Why does Clamence claim he is a Judge Pentinent?
4. Why does Clamence claim Jesus went quietly to his death?
5. Where did the painting once hang?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)