|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence think his suicide would do for his friends?
(a) Curse them
(b) Free them
(c) Destroy them
(d) Enlighten them
2. Who does Clament fantasize assaulting?
(a) His mother
(b) Blind people
(c) The auditor
(d) His lover
3. What did Clamence think of the auditor as before this chapter?
(a) As a dear friend
(b) As a fellow sinner
(c) As a lost brother
(d) As a compatriot
4. What does Clamence say he has a lack of?
5. What does Clamence turn to in an attempt to rediscover his enthusiasm?
6. Where is Clamence at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) In his sick bed
(b) In London
(c) In a hotel
(d) In cafe
7. What does Clamence say happens to everybody he meets?
(a) They kill themslves
(b) They fall in love with him
(c) They become an accomplice in his game
(d) They lose faith in themselves
8. Who does Clamence want to vilify?
(a) The French prime minister
(b) His family
(c) The people he once defended
(d) The royal family
9. Where does Clamence intend to end up?
10. Why is water so important in the camp?
(a) It is needed for everything
(b) It is the only thing to drink
(c) There is a shortage
(d) It is a dry climate
11. What is the sky full of?
12. Where is the camp Clamence is sent to?
(b) Cape Town
13. How does Clamence offend atheists?
(a) By reading from the bible
(b) By belittling their belief
(c) By joining the church
(d) By speaking of God
14. What age was the little ease employed?
(a) The iron age
(b) The bronze age
(c) The middle ages
(d) The stone ages
15. What does the young man want the prison pope to be elected for?
(a) His failings
(b) His height
(c) His ugliness
(d) His skill at ping pong
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Clamence first realize he had no friends?
2. When does Clamence say his fear of judgment was born?
3. What does Clamence claim the shop signs symbolize?
4. In what chapter did Clamence first mention the little ease?
5. How do male friends in Greece walk?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)