|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence attempt to do when he sees the dog?
(a) Kick it
(b) Run away
(c) Call it
(d) Feed it
2. What country does Clamence talk about in this chapter?
3. Why does Clamence claim Jesus went quietly to his death?
(a) He was looking forward to heaven
(b) He wanted to suffer
(c) He had lost his voice
(d) He did not like the idea of being the only one alive
4. What country does Clamence follow his friend to?
5. What does Clamence turn to in an attempt to rediscover his enthusiasm?
6. Why is Clamence chosen to be pope?
(a) He has goodness
(b) He is nice to the young Frenchman
(c) He is is a complete failure
(d) No one else volunteers
7. What does Clamence continue to hear even in his forlorn state?
(c) His father's choice
8. What happens to a person's body when they are in the little ease?
(a) It loosens
(b) It snaps in half
(c) It sheds its skin
(d) It stiffens
9. What kind of love does the woman Clamence falls in love with believe in?
(a) Violent love
(b) Love for animals
(c) Love found in romance novels
(d) Love for mankind
10. What does Clamence want to confess?
(a) All his problems
(b) All his sins
(c) His hate
(d) His love
11. When does Clamence say his fear of judgment was born?
(a) The incident with the motorcyclist
(b) The night on Pont Royal
(c) The day he was fired
(d) The night on the Pont du Art
12. What are Clamence and the auditor traveling on in this chapter?
(a) A go kart
(b) A boat
(c) A tram
(d) A bus
13. Where is the camp Clamence is sent to?
(d) Cape Town
14. Where is Clamence at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) In cafe
(b) In his sick bed
(c) In London
(d) In a hotel
15. Who does the young man profess hatred for?
(a) The pope
(b) All priests
(c) His family
(d) The guards
Short Answer Questions
1. What door does Clamence ask the auditor to open?
2. What does Clamence say the underlying environment of the Dutch part of town is like?
3. Who does Clamence say he now possesses as accomplishes
4. What is the dark speck in reality?
5. What part of the ship is Clamence on when he observes the dark speck?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)