|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who painted the painting?
(a) Jan van Eyck
(c) Vincent Van Gogh
(d) His father
2. When did Clamence claim he contracted malaria?
(a) During his time in the trenches
(b) During his time as a circus performer
(c) During his time as pope
(d) During his time in Africa
3. How does Clamence lose his position as pope?
(a) He lies
(b) He becomes an atheist
(c) He confesses his sins
(d) He drinks the water of a dying man
4. Where does Clamence intend to end up?
5. Where does Clamence see the dog?
(a) On the metro
(b) In a bus
(c) On a metro platform
(d) In his hotel
6. What does Clamence say happens to everybody he meets?
(a) They kill themslves
(b) They fall in love with him
(c) They become an accomplice in his game
(d) They lose faith in themselves
7. What part of the ship is Clamence on when he observes the dark speck?
(a) The captain's cabin
(b) The upper deck
(c) The starboard
(d) The lower deck
8. What is the girl's father's pastime?
(c) Horse racing
9. What door does Clamence ask the auditor to lock?
(a) The kitchen door
(b) The wardrobe door
(c) The bedroom door
(d) The cabinet door
10. What subject does Clamence move onto after he talks about his lack of friends?
11. What disallows Frenchmen from walking hand in hand?
(a) The government
12. What does Clamence write poetry about?
(a) The affect of God on his life
(b) The Arabs
(d) Virtues of things he once thought awful
13. What brings an end to Clamence's brief happiness?
(b) Losing his job
(c) The death of his mother
(d) Liver disease
14. Why does Clamence claim he is a Judge Pentinent?
(a) Because he is funny
(b) Because his father was
(c) Because of the hypocrisy of the world
(d) Because the world is unjust
15. What door does Clamence ask the auditor to open?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The wardrobe
(c) The cupboard
(d) The bedroom
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sky full of?
2. Who does the girl want to punish when she kills herself?
3. What country does Clamence talk about in this chapter?
4. What does Clamence claim decides a person's guilt?
5. What is the name of the painting?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)