|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Clamence talk about after his discussion about innocence and guilt?
(a) His mother
(b) The auditor
(c) Jesus Christ
(d) His best friend
2. What does Clamence attempt to do when he sees the dog?
(a) Call it
(b) Run away
(c) Kick it
(d) Feed it
3. What does Clamence assure the auditor the boat is doing?
(a) Going to Paris
(b) Traveling at mid speed
(c) Turning back
(d) Traveling at top speed
4. What is the first stage of Clamence's argument?
(a) He accuses himself
(b) He lays out the truth
(c) He sets up a web of lies
(d) He gets the attention of his audience
5. Who does Clament fantasize assaulting?
(a) His lover
(b) The auditor
(c) Blind people
(d) His mother
6. How many subjects has Clamence got to deal with before he tackles the judge pentinent?
7. When did Clamence claim he contracted malaria?
(a) During his time in the trenches
(b) During his time in Africa
(c) During his time as pope
(d) During his time as a circus performer
8. Who does Clamence say he now possesses as accomplishes
(a) The Dutch
(c) The human race
9. What does Clamence say women do in Greece?
(a) Stay at home
(b) Go to the gym
10. How do male friends in Greece walk?
(a) With one friend two feet behind
(b) Side by side
(c) Hand in hand
(d) With hands in their pockets
11. Why is Clamence chosen to be pope?
(a) He is nice to the young Frenchman
(b) He is is a complete failure
(c) No one else volunteers
(d) He has goodness
12. What age was the little ease employed?
(a) The middle ages
(b) The iron age
(c) The stone ages
(d) The bronze age
13. What is a little ease?
(a) A sex toy
(b) A fountain pen
(c) A torture instrument
(d) A young prostitute
14. What door does Clamence ask the auditor to open?
(a) The wardrobe
(b) The cupboard
(c) The bedroom
(d) The kitchen
15. Why is water so important in the camp?
(a) It is the only thing to drink
(b) There is a shortage
(c) It is needed for everything
(d) It is a dry climate
Short Answer Questions
1. Who painted the painting?
2. What is the name of the painting?
3. What door does Clamence ask the auditor to lock?
4. What part of the ship is Clamence on when he observes the dark speck?
5. What city does Clamence contrast Greece to?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)