|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clamence decide to keep only the company of women?
(a) To rediscover his passion
(b) To raise his spirits
(c) To develop his feminine side
(d) To find a wife
2. What door does Clamence ask the auditor to lock?
(a) The cabinet door
(b) The bedroom door
(c) The kitchen door
(d) The wardrobe door
3. What does Clamence say happens to everybody he meets?
(a) They fall in love with him
(b) They become an accomplice in his game
(c) They lose faith in themselves
(d) They kill themslves
4. What subject does Clamence move onto after he talks about his lack of friends?
5. What is Clamence too self obsessed to do?
(c) Kill himself
6. Who does Clamence offer as pope?
(a) The young Frenchman
(c) A prison guard
(d) His best friend
7. What does Clamence suffer from?
8. Where did the painting once hang?
(a) The national gallery
(b) Buckingham Palace
(c) Windsor Castle
(d) The Mexico City bar
9. What part of the ship is Clamence on when he observes the dark speck?
(a) The starboard
(b) The captain's cabin
(c) The lower deck
(d) The upper deck
10. Where is Clamence sent when he joins the French resistance?
(a) East Europe
(c) North Africa
(d) South Asia
11. Who painted the painting?
(a) Jan van Eyck
(b) Vincent Van Gogh
(c) His father
12. What does Clamence say is happiness for him?
(a) Making others unhappy
(b) Making people laugh
(c) Making women cry
(d) Feeling love
13. What does the mention of the little ease provoke Clamence to talk about next?
(b) The financial market
(c) Innocence and guilt
(d) Love and marriage
14. What does Clamence turn to in an attempt to rediscover his enthusiasm?
15. What did Clamence think of the auditor as before this chapter?
(a) As a lost brother
(b) As a dear friend
(c) As a fellow sinner
(d) As a compatriot
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first stage of Clamence's argument?
2. What is the name of the painting?
3. Where does Clamence intend to end up?
4. What are Clamence and the auditor traveling on in this chapter?
5. When did Clamence claim he contracted malaria?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)