|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence say he is at the end of the chapter?
(a) A modern prophet
(b) A modern tyrant
(c) A lost soul
(d) Innocent of his sins
2. What disallows Frenchmen from walking hand in hand?
(b) The government
3. What is the name of the painting?
(a) The Difference Betwen Wrong and Right
(b) The Just Judges
(c) Innocence and Guilt
(d) The Judge Pentinent
4. Why must the doves remain in the sky?
(a) There is nowhere to land
(b) They don't want to die
(c) They need to protect
(d) They need to observe
5. What does Clamence say is the goal of living?
(a) To get to heaven
(b) To fall in love
(c) To avoid judgement
(d) To avoid punishment
6. How does Clamence lose his position as pope?
(a) He lies
(b) He becomes an atheist
(c) He confesses his sins
(d) He drinks the water of a dying man
7. What does Clamence say women do in Greece?
(a) Stay at home
(d) Go to the gym
8. How many subjects has Clamence got to deal with before he tackles the judge pentinent?
9. How do male friends in Greece walk?
(a) With hands in their pockets
(b) With one friend two feet behind
(c) Side by side
(d) Hand in hand
10. Whose company does Clamence say he removes himself from?
11. What does Clamence attempt to do when he sees the dog?
(a) Run away
(b) Call it
(c) Kick it
(d) Feed it
12. What does Clamence now think of the auditor as?
(a) A blood brother
(b) A dear friend
(c) A comedian
(d) A fellow sinner
13. What does Clamence say he can no longer bear?
(b) His duplicity
(d) The emptiness of Paris
14. How does Clamence celebrate the curing of his illness?
(a) An expensive lunch
(b) A party
(c) A night of debauchery
(d) A cruise
15. Where does Clamence intend to end up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Clamence chosen to be pope?
2. What did Clamence want to achieve by killing himself?
3. What does Clamence decide to join after the incident with the dog?
4. What is a little ease?
5. What other torture apparatus does Clamence mention in this chapter?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)