|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence say happens when a close relative or friend dies?
(a) You move on
(b) They become closer to ou
(c) You forget them
(d) You lose a part of yourself
2. In what city was Clamence a defense attorney?
3. Where does Clamence return to when he is struck?
(a) His car
(b) His home
(c) The bar
(d) The grass verge
4. What is the first topic to be discussed in this chapter?
(a) The laughter
(c) Crossing bridges
5. What type of drink do the men have?
6. What is an example of the use of power Clamence talks about?
7. Who does Clamence claim he waits for in Mexico City?
(b) A friend
(c) Displaced Europeans
(d) Lonely women
8. What was used to lower the deus ex machina on to the satge?
(a) A rope
(b) A pole
(c) A crane
(d) A pulley
9. What nationality are the two men?
10. What does Clamence claim he is?
(a) A dictator
(b) A hate figure
(c) A atheist
(d) A sensualist
11. What did Clamence father do for a living?
(a) A policeman
(b) A lawyer
(c) A pilot
(d) An officer in the army
12. Why does the narrator leave his companion at the bridge?
(a) He is in a hurry
(b) He never crosses bridges
(c) He sees a friend
(d) He does not want the hotel owner to see him
13. What kind of soldier does Clamence tell a story about?
(a) A Roman soldier
(b) A Dutch soldier
(c) A Nazi soldier
(d) A foreign legion soldier
14. What does Clamence say he is constantly attached to?
(a) His mother
15. On what bridge does Clamence witness a suicide?
(a) Pont Cafe
(b) Pont Royal
(c) Du Pont
(d) Pont des Art
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence claim a servant should serve with?
2. What does Clamence see when he when he turn around?
3. What does Clamence say he is successful with?
4. In what book is the circles of hell described?
5. What does Clamence say a woman's faithfulness feeds?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)