|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence say we owe the dead?
(a) An apology
(c) A monument
2. What drink does Clamence talk lyrically about?
3. Who does Clamence claim he waits for in Mexico City?
(a) Lonely women
(b) Displaced Europeans
(d) A friend
4. How did Clamence get across bridges after he heard the laugh?
(a) Bus or car
(c) He ran
5. From what culture does the deus ex machina come from?
6. What does Clamence claim his occupation is?
(a) Judge penitent
7. What is the only language the bartender speaks?
8. What nationality are the two men?
9. What does Clamence accuse the Dutch of being?
10. What does Clamence claim a servant should serve with?
(a) A scowl
(b) A beady eye
(c) A smile
(d) A serious expression
11. What does Clamence say a woman's faithfulness feeds?
(a) His brain
(b) His soul
(c) His ego
(d) His heart
12. Where does Clamence say he is obliged to live?
(a) In a homeless shelter
(b) In Amsterdam
(c) With his parents
(d) Above mankind
13. What does Clamence ask the auditor to bestow upon himself?
(a) A planet
(b) A word
(c) A star
(d) A sign
14. What does Clamence smile at in this chapter?
(a) A mirror
(b) A child
(c) A woman
(d) A dog
15. Who did Clamence have an argument with?
(a) A woman on a dead horse
(b) His wife
(c) A man on a stalled motorcycle
(d) His brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does society need to stop an argument from stretching into affinity?
2. What does Clamence suggests happens when he climbs to great heights?
3. Why does Clamence help the blind across the street?
4. What does Clamence compare Amsterdam's canals to?
5. What was the deus ex machina's role in a play?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)