|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the full name of the narrator?
(a) Jean-Michel Genet
(b) Albert Camus
(c) Jean-Baptiste Clamence
(d) Fillipe Flaubert
2. What does Clamence say he is doomed to?
(d) An empty eternity
3. What does Clamence believe his story illustrates?
(a) Self awareness
(b) His love of life
(c) His integrity
(d) Self confidence
4. What two passions do Parisians have?
(a) Ideas and fornication
(b) Wine and cheese
(c) Coffee and crepes
(d) Religion and education
5. Who does Clamence claim he used to act as an advocate for?
(a) Rich businessmen
(b) Single mothers
(c) The desperate cases
(d) His mafia family
6. Which of the following subjects does Clamence talk about as they walk?
(a) Nazi genocide
(d) Hitler's death
7. What does Clamence respect about the Dutch middle class?
(a) Their morals
(b) Their business sense
(c) Their high ideas
(d) Their arrogance
8. How did Clamence get across bridges after he heard the laugh?
(a) He ran
(b) Bus or car
9. Why does Clamence help the blind across the street?
(a) Tomake others look bad
(b) To gain pleasure of virtue
(c) For money
(d) For women
10. What city are the two men in?
11. Where does Clamence return to when he is struck?
(a) His car
(b) The bar
(c) The grass verge
(d) His home
12. What does Clamence say he is successful with?
(a) Defending criminals
(b) The stock market
(c) The opposite sex
13. What does Clamence say he was forced to remember?
(a) His parents
(b) His brother
(c) His love for life
(d) His actions and motivations
14. Who does Clamence claim he waits for in Mexico City?
(a) Lonely women
(b) Displaced Europeans
(d) A friend
15. What is an example of the use of power Clamence talks about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clamence gesture to in the bar?
2. What does Clamence claim would be true happiness for him?
3. Where does Clamence say he is obliged to live?
4. What kind of soldier does Clamence tell a story about?
5. What does Clamence ask the auditor to bestow upon himself?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)