|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence suggests happens when he climbs to great heights?
(a) He loses his integrity
(b) He falls
(c) He falls in love
(d) He becomes king
2. What does Clamence want the auditor's sign to summarize?
(a) His life
(b) His character
(c) His looks
(d) His feelings
3. What does Clamence say he was forced to remember?
(a) His actions and motivations
(b) His love for life
(c) His brother
(d) His parents
4. What does the narrator call the barman?
(a) A man of fun
(b) A huggable bear
(c) A worthy ape
(d) A cheeky monkey
5. Which of the following terms does Clamence use to describe the auditor?
(a) A moral interpreter
(b) Cultured bourgeois
(c) A lover and a thinker
(d) Seriously humorous
6. How does Clamence have the ability to judge average society?
(a) He is well educated
(b) He is an outsider
(c) He have lived with all classes
(d) He is above them
7. What does the burglar require from Clamence?
(b) A woman
(d) The time
8. What does Clamence hear on the the Pont des Arts?
(c) A thousand voices
9. What does Clamence refer to his new companion as?
(a) A martyr
(b) A slave
(c) A mason
(d) A Sadduce
10. How does Clamence show his power when it comes to women?
(a) Going with whom he please when he pleases
(b) Flexing his muscles
(d) Forcing his women into oaths of faithfulness
11. What does the young woman do in Clamence's story?
(a) Marries a tyrant
(b) Cuts out her eyes
(c) Robs a bank
(d) Commits suicide
12. What should a master exercise power without?
(b) A whip
13. What two passions do Parisians have?
(a) Coffee and crepes
(b) Wine and cheese
(c) Religion and education
(d) Ideas and fornication
14. Where does Clamence return to when he is struck?
(a) The grass verge
(b) His home
(c) His car
(d) The bar
15. What does society need to stop an argument from stretching into affinity?
(c) The dynamics between master and servant
(d) The dynamics between man and woman
Short Answer Questions
1. What two traitors does Clamence mention in this chapter?
2. Which of the following subjects does Clamence talk about as they walk?
3. What does Clamence say he is guilty of?
4. Who wrote Inferno?
5. Why does Clamence help the blind across the street?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)