|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Clamence's cards read?
(a) John Baptiste Clamence, play actor
(b) Jesus Christ, fake
(c) John Bapiste, the one and only
(d) Clamence, true to his word
2. What does Clamence say happens when a close relative or friend dies?
(a) You move on
(b) They become closer to ou
(c) You forget them
(d) You lose a part of yourself
3. What does Clamence believe his story illustrates?
(a) Self confidence
(b) Self awareness
(c) His integrity
(d) His love of life
4. What does Clamence suggests happens when he climbs to great heights?
(a) He falls in love
(b) He loses his integrity
(c) He becomes king
(d) He falls
5. What does Clamence claim he is?
(a) A sensualist
(b) A dictator
(c) A atheist
(d) A hate figure
6. What question does the first line of this chapter ask?
(a) Where is Amsterdan?
(b) Why is the bar called Mexico City?
(c) Who is the auditor?
(d) What is a judge-penitent?
7. What begins Clamence's dissertation on power?
(a) A slave trader's sign
(b) The barman's presence
(c) A group of women
(d) The auditor's lack of confidence
8. What does Clamence say would happen if every criminal were sentenced?
(a) Everyone would presume themselves innocent
(b) Society would be soulless
(c) We would live in Utopia
(d) There would be no crime
9. What two traitors does Clamence mention in this chapter?
(a) Guy Fawkes and Judas
(b) Guy Fawkes and Lucifer
(c) Lucifer and Trotsky
(d) Judas and Lucifer
10. What does Clamence claim would be true happiness for him?
(a) A non existent sex drive
(b) Seven virgins
(c) Women waiting on him
(d) Eight wives
11. Who does Clamence gesture to in the bar?
(a) A burglar
(b) The auditor
(c) A waiter
(d) A barmaid
12. What type of drink do the men have?
13. What does Clamence smile at in this chapter?
(a) A child
(b) A woman
(c) A mirror
(d) A dog
14. What kind of problem does Clamence confess to?
(a) A psychological and physical problem
(b) A sex problem
(c) A socital problem
(d) A family problem
15. What does Clamence think understanding is?
(a) A waste of time
(b) The main stay of all relationships
(c) A mediocre emotion
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say he was forced to remember?
2. What does Clamence claim a servant should serve with?
3. What should a master exercise power without?
4. What does the narrator call the barman?
5. Why does Clamence not want a woman to love him?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)