|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence say happens when a close relative or friend dies?
(a) They become closer to ou
(b) You forget them
(c) You lose a part of yourself
(d) You move on
2. What phrase does Clamence use to describe his fall?
(a) Evening when the music stopped and the lights went out.
(b) Night when the sky was black and people forgot to smile
(c) When everyone turned their backs
(d) Day when he told his wife he did not want to see her again
3. What are the Sadducee?
(a) A Sikh sect
(b) A Christian sect
(c) A Jewish sect
(d) A Muslim sect
4. What does Clamence think understanding is?
(b) A waste of time
(c) A mediocre emotion
(d) The main stay of all relationships
5. Who does Clamence gesture to in the bar?
(a) A barmaid
(b) A burglar
(c) The auditor
(d) A waiter
6. What kind of soldier does Clamence tell a story about?
(a) A Nazi soldier
(b) A Dutch soldier
(c) A Roman soldier
(d) A foreign legion soldier
7. What does Clamence say he was forced to remember?
(a) His actions and motivations
(b) His brother
(c) His love for life
(d) His parents
8. On what bridge does Clamence witness a suicide?
(a) Pont Cafe
(b) Pont Royal
(c) Du Pont
(d) Pont des Art
9. What did Clamence father do for a living?
(a) A pilot
(b) A lawyer
(c) An officer in the army
(d) A policeman
10. What was used to lower the deus ex machina on to the satge?
(a) A rope
(b) A crane
(c) A pole
(d) A pulley
11. What two passions do Parisians have?
(a) Coffee and crepes
(b) Ideas and fornication
(c) Wine and cheese
(d) Religion and education
12. What does Clamence claim he is?
(a) A atheist
(b) A hate figure
(c) A dictator
(d) A sensualist
13. What does the Nazi soldier ask a mother?
(a) If she wants to kill her child herself
(b) If she has a cigarette
(c) If she loves her sons
(d) Which of her sons should be executed
14. What does Clamence want the auditor's sign to summarize?
(a) His life
(b) His feelings
(c) His looks
(d) His character
15. What does Clamence respect about the Dutch middle class?
(a) Their high ideas
(b) Their business sense
(c) Their arrogance
(d) Their morals
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence hear on the the Pont des Arts?
2. What kind of problem does Clamence confess to?
3. What type of drink do the men have?
4. Where does Clamence return to when he is struck?
5. What does Clamence say he is doomed to?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)