|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence say he was forced to remember?
(a) His brother
(b) His love for life
(c) His parents
(d) His actions and motivations
2. What are the Sadducee?
(a) A Sikh sect
(b) A Muslim sect
(c) A Jewish sect
(d) A Christian sect
3. What does Clamence feel when the young woman kills herself?
(c) Deep sorrow
4. Who did Clamence have an argument with?
(a) His wife
(b) A man on a stalled motorcycle
(c) His brother
(d) A woman on a dead horse
5. What type of drink do the men have?
6. What would be the motto on Clamence's sign?
(a) Don't rely on it
(b) Don't sniff it
(c) You saw it here first
(d) Love it and hate it
7. Which of the following terms does Clamence use to describe the auditor?
(a) A moral interpreter
(b) Seriously humorous
(c) Cultured bourgeois
(d) A lover and a thinker
8. On what bridge does Clamence witness a suicide?
(a) Pont Cafe
(b) Pont des Art
(c) Pont Royal
(d) Du Pont
9. What does the narrator call the barman?
(a) A man of fun
(b) A worthy ape
(c) A cheeky monkey
(d) A huggable bear
10. What does Clamence smile at in this chapter?
(a) A woman
(b) A child
(c) A dog
(d) A mirror
11. What does Clamence hear on the the Pont des Arts?
(d) A thousand voices
12. What does Clamence claim a servant should serve with?
(a) A smile
(b) A scowl
(c) A beady eye
(d) A serious expression
13. What does Clamence say happens when a close relative or friend dies?
(a) You forget them
(b) You move on
(c) You lose a part of yourself
(d) They become closer to ou
14. What does Clamence refer to himself as?
(a) A philosopher
(b) A fool
(c) A Jekyl and Hyde
(d) A deus ex machina
15. What was the narrator's former job?
(d) Army officer
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of problem does Clamence confess to?
2. What was the deus ex machina's role in a play?
3. Why does someone in the crowd attack Clamence?
4. What does Clamence say would happen if every criminal were sentenced?
5. Which of the following subjects does Clamence talk about as they walk?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)