|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the young woman kill herself?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) Clamence does not want her
(c) Her child is killed
(d) She has been accused of murder
2. What city does Clamence compare Amsterdam with?
3. What was the narrator's former job?
(b) Army officer
4. What does Clamence say his own sign would look like?
(a) A two face Janus
(b) Jack on the Beanstalk
(c) Hell's flames
(d) Both his mother and father
5. What does Clamence claim he is?
(a) A dictator
(b) A hate figure
(c) A sensualist
(d) A atheist
6. Where does Clamence return to when he is struck?
(a) The bar
(b) His home
(c) His car
(d) The grass verge
7. What does Clamence claim his occupation is?
(c) Judge penitent
8. What should a master exercise power without?
(d) A whip
9. What does Clamence say he is constantly attached to?
(d) His mother
10. Who wrote Inferno?
(b) Albert Camus
(c) John Milton
11. What drink does Clamence talk lyrically about?
12. What bridge does Clamence say he stood on in this chapter?
(a) Pont des Arts
(b) Brooklyn Bridge
(c) London Bridge
(d) Amsterdam Bridge
13. Where does Clamence walk the auditor to?
(a) His boat
(b) A restaurant
(c) His hotel
(d) A brothel
14. What two passions do Parisians have?
(a) Wine and cheese
(b) Ideas and fornication
(c) Coffee and crepes
(d) Religion and education
15. Which word best describes Clamence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence claim a servant should serve with?
2. What two traitors does Clamence mention in this chapter?
3. What would Clamence's cards read?
4. What does Clamence feel when the young woman kills herself?
5. Who does Clamence gesture to in the bar?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)