|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Clamence claim Amsterdam's denizens inhabit?
(a) Ancient Greece
(b) Ancient Egypt
(c) Ancient Rome
2. What does Clamence ask the auditor to bestow upon himself?
(a) A star
(b) A word
(c) A sign
(d) A planet
3. What does Clamence say his own sign would look like?
(a) A two face Janus
(b) Hell's flames
(c) Both his mother and father
(d) Jack on the Beanstalk
4. What type of drink do the men have?
5. What does Clamence say we owe the dead?
(c) An apology
(d) A monument
6. Who did Clamence have an argument with?
(a) A man on a stalled motorcycle
(b) His brother
(c) His wife
(d) A woman on a dead horse
7. What are the Sadducee?
(a) A Sikh sect
(b) A Muslim sect
(c) A Jewish sect
(d) A Christian sect
8. What does Clamence claim would be true happiness for him?
(a) Eight wives
(b) Women waiting on him
(c) A non existent sex drive
(d) Seven virgins
9. What was the deus ex machina's role in a play?
(a) To kill the maiden
(b) To save the maiden
(c) To pronounce its end
(d) To pronouce its beginning
10. What kind of problem does Clamence confess to?
(a) A sex problem
(b) A family problem
(c) A psychological and physical problem
(d) A socital problem
11. What was used to lower the deus ex machina on to the satge?
(a) A crane
(b) A pulley
(c) A rope
(d) A pole
12. Which word best describes Clamence?
13. Why does Clamence not want a woman to love him?
(a) Becasue he would have to marry them
(b) Because he is a sensualist
(c) Because of the responsibilty
(d) Because he could never love
14. What is the full name of the narrator?
(a) Jean-Baptiste Clamence
(b) Fillipe Flaubert
(c) Albert Camus
(d) Jean-Michel Genet
15. What does Clamence believe is necessary?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say he is constantly attached to?
2. How does Clamence show his power when it comes to women?
3. From what culture does the deus ex machina come from?
4. What does Clamence feel when the young woman kills herself?
5. What city does Clamence compare Amsterdam with?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)