|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the full name of the narrator?
(a) Fillipe Flaubert
(b) Jean-Michel Genet
(c) Albert Camus
(d) Jean-Baptiste Clamence
2. What two things does Clamence claim he shares with the auditor?
(a) Happiness and appearance
(b) Appearance and age
(c) Intelligence and age
(d) A love for women and a love for books
3. Why does Clamence help the blind across the street?
(a) To gain pleasure of virtue
(b) Tomake others look bad
(c) For money
(d) For women
4. What does Clamence accuse the Dutch of being?
5. What does Clamence say a woman's faithfulness feeds?
(a) His ego
(b) His heart
(c) His brain
(d) His soul
6. What nationality are the two men?
7. What does Clamence claim would be true happiness for him?
(a) Women waiting on him
(b) Eight wives
(c) Seven virgins
(d) A non existent sex drive
8. What does Clamence say he is guilty of?
9. Which word best describes Clamence?
10. What was used to lower the deus ex machina on to the satge?
(a) A rope
(b) A crane
(c) A pulley
(d) A pole
11. What begins Clamence's dissertation on power?
(a) The barman's presence
(b) A group of women
(c) A slave trader's sign
(d) The auditor's lack of confidence
12. What drink does Clamence talk lyrically about?
13. What does Clamence say happens when a close relative or friend dies?
(a) They become closer to ou
(b) You forget them
(c) You lose a part of yourself
(d) You move on
14. What does Clamence say he is constantly attached to?
(b) His mother
15. What city are the two men in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar?
2. Why does someone in the crowd attack Clamence?
3. What does Clamence refer to himself as?
4. What two traitors does Clamence mention in this chapter?
5. What does Clamence realize about the woman that deceives him?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)