|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does society need to stop an argument from stretching into affinity?
(b) The dynamics between man and woman
(c) The dynamics between master and servant
2. What was the deus ex machina's role in a play?
(a) To kill the maiden
(b) To pronouce its beginning
(c) To save the maiden
(d) To pronounce its end
3. Where does Clamence say he is obliged to live?
(a) In a homeless shelter
(b) In Amsterdam
(c) Above mankind
(d) With his parents
4. What drink does Clamence talk lyrically about?
5. What are the Sadducee?
(a) A Sikh sect
(b) A Muslim sect
(c) A Jewish sect
(d) A Christian sect
6. What does Clamence say he is guilty of?
7. What would be the motto on Clamence's sign?
(a) Don't rely on it
(b) Don't sniff it
(c) You saw it here first
(d) Love it and hate it
8. What does Clamence believe his story illustrates?
(a) His integrity
(b) Self awareness
(c) His love of life
(d) Self confidence
9. Why does Clamence help the blind across the street?
(a) For women
(b) Tomake others look bad
(c) To gain pleasure of virtue
(d) For money
10. What does the narrator call the barman?
(a) A huggable bear
(b) A cheeky monkey
(c) A man of fun
(d) A worthy ape
11. What bridge does Clamence say he stood on in this chapter?
(a) Pont des Arts
(b) Amsterdam Bridge
(c) London Bridge
(d) Brooklyn Bridge
12. Why does someone in the crowd attack Clamence?
(a) To stop him from attacking the motor cyclist
(b) To force him to leave
(c) To stop him from talking to his wife
(d) To shut him up
13. What does Clamence say his own sign would look like?
(a) Hell's flames
(b) A two face Janus
(c) Jack on the Beanstalk
(d) Both his mother and father
14. What was used to lower the deus ex machina on to the satge?
(a) A crane
(b) A rope
(c) A pulley
(d) A pole
15. What does Clamence claim his occupation is?
(b) Judge penitent
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Clamence compare Amsterdam with?
2. What does the Nazi soldier ask a mother?
3. What does Clamence say we owe the dead?
4. What does Clamence see when he when he turn around?
5. What nationality are the two men?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)