|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the burglar require from Clamence?
(b) A woman
(c) The time
2. What question does the first line of this chapter ask?
(a) What is a judge-penitent?
(b) Where is Amsterdan?
(c) Who is the auditor?
(d) Why is the bar called Mexico City?
3. What city does Clamence compare Amsterdam with?
4. What does Clamence claim a servant should serve with?
(a) A beady eye
(b) A smile
(c) A scowl
(d) A serious expression
5. What does Clamence realize about the woman that deceives him?
(a) She is nasty
(b) She has a mind of her own
(c) She is angry towards him
(d) She is more intelligent than him
6. What is an example of the use of power Clamence talks about?
7. What is the name of the bar?
(a) Dante's Fire
(b) The Circle of Hell
(c) Mexico City
(d) London Town
8. What nationality are the two men?
9. Which word best describes Clamence?
10. What does Clamence ask the auditor to bestow upon himself?
(a) A planet
(b) A star
(c) A sign
(d) A word
11. What does Clamence say his own sign would look like?
(a) Both his mother and father
(b) Jack on the Beanstalk
(c) Hell's flames
(d) A two face Janus
12. What does Clamence accuse the Dutch of being?
13. What did Clamence father do for a living?
(a) An officer in the army
(b) A policeman
(c) A lawyer
(d) A pilot
14. What phrase does Clamence use to describe his fall?
(a) Day when he told his wife he did not want to see her again
(b) Evening when the music stopped and the lights went out.
(c) When everyone turned their backs
(d) Night when the sky was black and people forgot to smile
15. What kind of problem does Clamence confess to?
(a) A family problem
(b) A psychological and physical problem
(c) A sex problem
(d) A socital problem
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Nazi soldier ask a mother?
2. What does Clamence claim he is?
3. What does society need to stop an argument from stretching into affinity?
4. What is the first topic to be discussed in this chapter?
5. From what culture does the deus ex machina come from?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)