|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Clamence have an argument with?
(a) A woman on a dead horse
(b) A man on a stalled motorcycle
(c) His wife
(d) His brother
2. What does the narrator call the barman?
(a) A cheeky monkey
(b) A huggable bear
(c) A man of fun
(d) A worthy ape
3. What city are the two men in?
4. What does Clamence see when he when he turn around?
(a) A red balloon
(c) A child
(d) His dead father
5. What is the only language the bartender speaks?
6. What does Clamence say he is successful with?
(a) Defending criminals
(b) The stock market
(d) The opposite sex
7. In what book is the circles of hell described?
(a) The bible
(b) Paradise Lost
(c) The koran
8. What is significant about Clamence's smile in this chapter?
(a) It is the first sign of his madness
(b) It shows he loves only himself
(c) It shows his evil intent
(d) It is the first suggestion of self dout
9. What does Clamence say he was forced to remember?
(a) His love for life
(b) His actions and motivations
(c) His parents
(d) His brother
10. What kind of problem does Clamence confess to?
(a) A psychological and physical problem
(b) A socital problem
(c) A sex problem
(d) A family problem
11. What does Clamence think understanding is?
(a) A mediocre emotion
(b) A waste of time
(c) The main stay of all relationships
12. In what city was Clamence a defense attorney?
13. What does Clamence say his own sign would look like?
(a) Both his mother and father
(b) Hell's flames
(c) A two face Janus
(d) Jack on the Beanstalk
14. What does Clamence claim would be true happiness for him?
(a) Eight wives
(b) Seven virgins
(c) Women waiting on him
(d) A non existent sex drive
15. What does Clamence say we owe the dead?
(a) An apology
(b) A monument
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say a woman's faithfulness feeds?
2. What should a master exercise power without?
3. What does Clamence realize about the woman that deceives him?
4. What does Clamence say he is guilty of?
5. What is the name of the bar?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)