|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence think understanding is?
(a) A mediocre emotion
(b) The main stay of all relationships
(d) A waste of time
2. What does the narrator call the barman?
(a) A worthy ape
(b) A huggable bear
(c) A cheeky monkey
(d) A man of fun
3. What does Clamence say he is not seduced by?
(a) The auditor
(c) Pretty women
(d) The Dutch part of town
4. What does Clamence see when he when he turn around?
(a) A child
(b) His dead father
(d) A red balloon
5. What does Clamence say is the only reason for suicide?
(a) To go to heaven
(b) To end ones life
(c) To get out of debt
(d) To observe its affects
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only language the bartender speaks?
2. What city does Clamence contrast Greece to?
3. What does Clamence say he is at the end of the chapter?
4. Who does Clamence claim he used to act as an advocate for?
5. What city are the two men in?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)