|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence refer to himself as?
(a) A deus ex machina
(b) A Jekyl and Hyde
(c) A philosopher
(d) A fool
2. What does Clamence claim his occupation is?
(c) Judge penitent
3. Who does Clamence claim he used to act as an advocate for?
(a) Rich businessmen
(b) Single mothers
(c) The desperate cases
(d) His mafia family
4. What does Clamence tell his companion to take advantage of?
(a) The local prostitutes
(b) The free hotel breakfast
(c) The lack of security in the hotel
(d) His company
5. Why does the young woman kill herself?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) Clamence does not want her
(c) She has been accused of murder
(d) Her child is killed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence smile at in this chapter?
2. On what bridge does Clamence witness a suicide?
3. Which word best describes Clamence?
4. What two things does Clamence claim he shares with the auditor?
5. What does Clamence say he is guilty of?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)