|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what bridge does Clamence witness a suicide?
(a) Pont des Art
(b) Pont Royal
(c) Du Pont
(d) Pont Cafe
2. How did Clamence get across bridges after he heard the laugh?
(b) He ran
(d) Bus or car
3. What subject does Clamence move onto after he talks about his lack of friends?
4. What does Clamence say he is doomed to?
(d) An empty eternity
5. What is significant about Clamence's smile in this chapter?
(a) It shows he loves only himself
(b) It is the first suggestion of self dout
(c) It shows his evil intent
(d) It is the first sign of his madness
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence say he was forced to remember?
2. What does Clamence see when he when he turn around?
3. Where does Clamence say he is obliged to live?
4. What two passions do Parisians have?
5. What does Clamence want the auditor's sign to summarize?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)