|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Clamence's cards read?
(a) Jesus Christ, fake
(b) John Baptiste Clamence, play actor
(c) Clamence, true to his word
(d) John Bapiste, the one and only
2. What does Clamence respect about the Dutch middle class?
(a) Their business sense
(b) Their arrogance
(c) Their morals
(d) Their high ideas
3. What does Clamence promise to do at the end of chapter 4?
(a) To define a judge penitent
(b) To take the auditor to a bordello
(c) To seek help
(d) To go home
4. Who does Clament fantasize assaulting?
(a) His lover
(b) His mother
(c) The auditor
(d) Blind people
5. What does Clamence claim would be true happiness for him?
(a) Eight wives
(b) Seven virgins
(c) Women waiting on him
(d) A non existent sex drive
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of soldier does Clamence tell a story about?
2. On what bridge does Clamence witness a suicide?
3. What was used to lower the deus ex machina on to the satge?
4. From what culture does the deus ex machina come from?
5. What two traitors does Clamence mention in this chapter?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)