|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence say he was forced to remember?
(a) His love for life
(b) His brother
(c) His actions and motivations
(d) His parents
2. What is an example of the use of power Clamence talks about?
3. What does Clamence claim a servant should serve with?
(a) A scowl
(b) A smile
(c) A serious expression
(d) A beady eye
4. What should a master exercise power without?
(b) A whip
5. What bridge does Clamence say he stood on in this chapter?
(a) Brooklyn Bridge
(b) Pont des Arts
(c) London Bridge
(d) Amsterdam Bridge
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the young woman kill herself?
2. What does Clamence feel when the young woman kills herself?
3. What does Clamence say we owe the dead?
4. What disallows Frenchmen from walking hand in hand?
5. Whose company does Clamence say he removes himself from?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)