|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clamence say his own sign would look like?
(a) A two face Janus
(b) Both his mother and father
(c) Hell's flames
(d) Jack on the Beanstalk
2. What does Clamence say a woman's faithfulness feeds?
(a) His ego
(b) His soul
(c) His brain
(d) His heart
3. What begins Clamence's dissertation on power?
(a) A slave trader's sign
(b) A group of women
(c) The barman's presence
(d) The auditor's lack of confidence
4. Where does Clamence say he is obliged to live?
(a) With his parents
(b) Above mankind
(c) In a homeless shelter
(d) In Amsterdam
5. What question does the first line of this chapter ask?
(a) Where is Amsterdan?
(b) What is a judge-penitent?
(c) Why is the bar called Mexico City?
(d) Who is the auditor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clamence refer to himself as?
2. What does Clamence ask the auditor to bestow upon himself?
3. What does Clamence claim would be true happiness for him?
4. Why does Clamence not want a woman to love him?
5. What does Clamence feel when the young woman kills herself?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)