|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Diary of a Lost Girl, Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mercedes remembers the incident at the river, what did she think Frances was bathing?
(c) Baby goats.
2. When her father is gone, how does Kathleen treat her younger sisters?
(a) She ignores them as usual.
(b) She beats them when no one is looking.
(c) She is plesant to the girls, but takes no special interest in them.
(d) She plays and reads books with them.
3. Which of the following characters wake up the morning after Kathleen's death with blood in her slippers?
4. Where does James hope to send Kathleen to school when he returns home from the war?
(a) New York University.
5. How does James react when Kathleen sneaks up behind him and strikes the keys while he is tuning the piano?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He begins to sing.
(d) He ignores her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't James want to remember Armistice Day?
2. What does Frances tell Lily they may find if they dig around in the back yard?
3. Who is the narrator of the novel when the reader learns about Materia's funeral?
4. What is strange about James's reaction to Kathleen striking the piano keys?
5. What color is the Piper family house?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)