|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Diary of a Lost Girl, Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thing could Kathleen do before she could talk?
2. After Kathleen was born, where did Materia find work as a piano player?
(a) At a nearby French restaurant.
(b) At the Baptist church.
(c) At the Empire Theatre.
(d) At the elementary school.
3. What does Lily demand when business picks up at the speakeasy?
(a) All of the answers are true.
(b) A higher raise.
(c) A new piano.
(d) Half of the door-fees.
4. What is the name of Lily's favorite movie star, whom she is teased mercilessly for admiring?
(a) Mary Pickford.
(b) Claudette Colbert.
(c) Barbara Stanwyck.
(d) Greta Garbo.
5. What job did James work to help pay for Kathleen's boarding school fees?
(a) He worked as a bus driver.
(b) He worked as a bookie.
(c) He worked as a dishwasher.
(d) He worked in a coal mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Kathleen's family members is the strongest supporter of her musical talent?
2. Who acts as the go-between for Materia and her mother during the time she and her family live in Sydney?
3. How did Materia kill Kathleen?
4. What shocking news does the theater owner make moments after Kathleen's performance?
5. Who kisses Mercedes on the lips after her graduation?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)