|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: The Girl Guide, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't James want to remember Armistice Day?
(a) Because it reminds him of the horrors of war.
(b) Because it is the day his wife died.
(c) Because it is the day he sent Kathleen off to live in New York.
(d) Because it is the day he went searching for Kathleen.
2. Where does Mercedes place a photograph of Kathleen, much to James's anger?
(a) Above the crucifix.
(b) In the family photo album.
(c) In her locket.
(d) On top of the piano.
3. How does Kathleen's teacher in New York react to Kathleen's voice?
(a) She thinks Kathleen is a lost cause.
(b) She thinks she is the next super talent.
(c) She doesn't have an opinion about Kathleen's voice and only wants her money.
(d) She thinks she is talented but needs a lot of work.
4. What is the name of Kathleen's accompanist in New York?
5. Which of Kathleen's family members is the strongest supporter of her musical talent?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do France and Leo have sex?
2. What does James hope to sell when he returns home from the war?
3. Why won't James let Frances drop out of school like she wants?
4. Which flag does Lily carry when she marches in the Armistice Day Parade?
5. How much money does Frances want to save up as a gift to Lily?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)