|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Sertorius killed?
2. How does Pompey plan to enter Rome after his victory in Africa?
3. Whom does Caesar's daughter eventually marry?
4. What does Cicero take the time to learn about everyone he meets?
5. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
Essay Topic 1
Plutarch uses the comparisons of other figures to illustrate the character of the Roman leaders that he describes in "Fall of the Roman Republic". For each of the following, explain the comparison made by Plutarch, what it displays for each figure, and what it adds to the biography of that specific Roman leader.
1) Marius and Plato.
2) Sulla and Lysander.
3) Crassus and Nicias.
4) Pompey and Agesilaus.
5) Cicero and Demosthenes.
6) Caesar and Marius.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the war between Cicero and Catiline, why it starts, how Cicero becomes involved in it, and the way Catiline is dealt with. Explain Cicero's involvement and actions in detail along with why he has the ability to stop Catiline and his plans.
Essay Topic 3
Sulla makes his quest for control clear in the way he takes control of Rome.
1) Describe the events that lead up to Sulla attacking Rome and gaining control of it for the first time. Include your analysis of his actions and the motives behind them.
2) Explain what Sulla does after regaining control of Rome, how many soldiers are affected as a result, and what Sulla chooses to do with the control he gives himself.
This section contains 1,574 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)