Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Cicero's second divorce?
2. What does Pompey wait for before going to the aid of Metellus?
3. What causes Lepidus to die?
4. When must Pompey make his decision to befriend Crassus, according to the man of the equestrian order's vision?
5. What does Caesar do on his way back to Rome?
Essay Topic 1
Write an in depth essay about Crassus's personality traits, focusing on his main vice, avarice. Use examples and events to explain how his pension for greed affected both his political and military career.
Essay Topic 2
Cicero makes an important decision while serving his office that has an unintended effect on his status in Rome.
1) Analyze the decision Cicero has to make concerning the death penalty for Catiline's men who remain in Rome and are planning to destroy the city. Explain both sides of the issue, why Cicero is hesitant to make the decision, and what factors he considers.
2) Describe the political fallout from Cicero's decision, his feud with Clodius, and how the decision is used against Cicero to cause his departure from Rome.
3) Explain the events that take place while Cicero is away from Rome and what ultimately causes his return.
Essay Topic 3
Omens played a big part of the way Romans lived their lives and made their decisions.
1) Using each of the six figures for which Plutarch provides a biography, describe the different omens that they encounter and the way that they choose to react to them.
2) Analyze the differences or similarities between how the Roman leaders responded to omens during their lives, and the results of their regard for them.
3) Explain what you think the significance of omens were in general to the Roman Republic and the people who lived during that time.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)