Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Cicero's second divorce?
2. What does Pompey wait for before going to the aid of Metellus?
3. What causes Lepidus to die?
4. When must Pompey make his decision to befriend Crassus, according to the man of the equestrian order's vision?
5. What does Caesar do on his way back to Rome?
Caesar's political career was hugely successful as he became appointed a dictator for life by the Roman people.
1) Compare Caesar's approach to politics and the offices he held with others who came before him, particularly Sulla, who had a distinctly different view of the people.
2) Describe the key events that caused Caesar to become so popular among the people, how his decisions and actions contributed to the popularity, and why the people connected with him in that way.
3) Analyze Caesar's political accomplishments and the situations that led him to become consul and then dictator. Also, include a description of the things that Caesar does to lose the support of the people and what his reasons are for them.
Omens played a big part of the way Romans lived their lives and made their decisions.
1) Using each of the six figures for which Plutarch provides a biography, describe the different omens that they encounter and the way that they choose to react to them.
2) Analyze the differences or similarities between how the Roman leaders responded to omens during their lives, and the results of their regard for them.
3) Explain what you think the significance of omens were in general to the Roman Republic and the people who lived during that time.
Write an essay describing how Cicero is different from the other five Roman leaders that Plutarch writes about in the book. Include his educational background, military career, and personality. Also, use examples from the book to illustrate his sense of humor, tendency to magnify events, and how these traits were received by those around him. Finally, explain why you think Plutarch chooses to include Cicero in "Fall of the Roman Republic".
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)