|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Cicero's second divorce?
2. What does Pompey wait for before going to the aid of Metellus?
3. What causes Lepidus to die?
4. When must Pompey make his decision to befriend Crassus, according to the man of the equestrian order's vision?
5. What does Caesar do on his way back to Rome?
Essay Topic 1
Cicero makes an important decision while serving his office that has an unintended effect on his status in Rome.
1) Analyze the decision Cicero has to make concerning the death penalty for Catiline's men who remain in Rome and are planning to destroy the city. Explain both sides of the issue, why Cicero is hesitant to make the decision, and what factors he considers.
2) Describe the political fallout from Cicero's decision, his feud with Clodius, and how the decision is used against Cicero to cause his departure from Rome.
3) Explain the events that take place while Cicero is away from Rome and what ultimately causes his return.
Essay Topic 2
"Fall of the Roman Republic" is regarded as one of the most comprehensive accounts of the lives of some of the most significant Roman leaders. Describe five things that you learned from reading the book and why you think they are relevant to either the Roman Republic, or current times. As well, which characters and events do you think had the most impact on the Romans in general and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the period where the political careers of Caesar, Pompey, and Crassus all intersected, the reasons for it, which ones were the most influential, and the effect it had on each of the three.
This section contains 1,578 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)