Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Cicero's second divorce?
2. What does Pompey wait for before going to the aid of Metellus?
3. What causes Lepidus to die?
4. When must Pompey make his decision to befriend Crassus, according to the man of the equestrian order's vision?
5. What does Caesar do on his way back to Rome?
Write an essay describing how Cicero is different from the other five Roman leaders that Plutarch writes about in the book. Include his educational background, military career, and personality. Also, use examples from the book to illustrate his sense of humor, tendency to magnify events, and how these traits were received by those around him. Finally, explain why you think Plutarch chooses to include Cicero in "Fall of the Roman Republic".
Plutarch uses the comparisons of other figures to illustrate the character of the Roman leaders that he describes in "Fall of the Roman Republic". For each of the following, explain the comparison made by Plutarch, what it displays for each figure, and what it adds to the biography of that specific Roman leader.
1) Marius and Plato.
2) Sulla and Lysander.
3) Crassus and Nicias.
4) Pompey and Agesilaus.
5) Cicero and Demosthenes.
6) Caesar and Marius.
Sulla makes his quest for control clear in the way he takes control of Rome.
1) Describe the events that lead up to Sulla attacking Rome and gaining control of it for the first time. Include your analysis of his actions and the motives behind them.
2) Explain what Sulla does after regaining control of Rome, how many soldiers are affected as a result, and what Sulla chooses to do with the control he gives himself.
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)