Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
2. What is Marius's statue made out of?
3. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
4. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
5. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sulla do after taking Rome again, this time, from Telesinus?
2. What is significant about the way Pompey begins his military career?
3. What happens to Crassus's family and why does he return to Rome?
4. How does Sulla approach a possible confrontation with the younger Marius?
5. What age is Pompey when he does battle with Caesar and what happens when the two first meet?
6. How does the feud between Marius and Metellus begin?
7. What personal problems does Cicero encounter after he retires from public life?
8. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
9. What is significant about the way Sulla takes control of Rome?
10. How does Pompey face criticism for pursuing Caesar and what happens when the two meet for the final time?
Cicero makes an important decision while serving his office that has an unintended effect on his status in Rome.
1) Analyze the decision Cicero has to make concerning the death penalty for Catiline's men who remain in Rome and are planning to destroy the city. Explain both sides of the issue, why Cicero is hesitant to make the decision, and what factors he considers.
2) Describe the political fallout from Cicero's decision, his feud with Clodius, and how the decision is used against Cicero to cause his departure from Rome.
3) Explain the events that take place while Cicero is away from Rome and what ultimately causes his return.
Compare and contrast the different characteristics of Marius and Sulla, both militarily and politically. Include a detailed explanation of the feud between them and the effects it has on Rome.
Describe the war between Cicero and Catiline, why it starts, how Cicero becomes involved in it, and the way Catiline is dealt with. Explain Cicero's involvement and actions in detail along with why he has the ability to stop Catiline and his plans.
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)