|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
2. What decree does Sulla make when he controls Rome?
3. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
4. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
5. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mystery surrounding Marius's death?
2. How does Sulla rule over Rome for the second time?
3. How does Crassus die and what do the Parthians do after his death?
4. What questionable things does Marius do during his sixth term as consul?
5. What is Crassus's plan after being elected to the consul, and what mistake does he make that winter?
6. What happens to Sulla's wife, Metella, and what does Sulla do?
7. What age does Marius retire from the leadership command position in the military, and what does he do afterward?
8. What does Marius do when elected consul to endear himself to the people?
9. How does Sulla die?
10. What is significant about the way Sulla takes control of Rome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pompey's death was a result of the betrayal of the Egyptians.
1) Describe the dilemma that the Egyptians are faced with as Pompey approaches their shores. Analyze their decision, whether or not you agree with it, and why.
2) Explain the way Pompey decides to proceed to the shores of Egypt, his reaction to his impending death, and how he is killed .
3) Describe Caesar's response to Pompey's death along with his actions following it, and what you think his reasons are for both.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the war between Marius and Metellus, chronicling how it begins, the reasons why it becomes so intense, and the effect its ending has on Marius's career as a Roman leader.
Essay Topic 3
Write an in depth essay about Crassus's personality traits, focusing on his main vice, avarice. Use examples and events to explain how his pension for greed affected both his political and military career.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)