|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
2. What is Marius's statue made out of?
3. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
4. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
5. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sulla do after taking Rome again, this time, from Telesinus?
2. What is significant about the way Pompey begins his military career?
3. What happens to Crassus's family and why does he return to Rome?
4. How does Sulla approach a possible confrontation with the younger Marius?
5. What age is Pompey when he does battle with Caesar and what happens when the two first meet?
6. How does the feud between Marius and Metellus begin?
7. What personal problems does Cicero encounter after he retires from public life?
8. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
9. What is significant about the way Sulla takes control of Rome?
10. How does Pompey face criticism for pursuing Caesar and what happens when the two meet for the final time?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the period where the political careers of Caesar, Pompey, and Crassus all intersected, the reasons for it, which ones were the most influential, and the effect it had on each of the three.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the war between Marius and Metellus, chronicling how it begins, the reasons why it becomes so intense, and the effect its ending has on Marius's career as a Roman leader.
Essay Topic 3
"Fall of the Roman Republic" is regarded as one of the most comprehensive accounts of the lives of some of the most significant Roman leaders. Describe five things that you learned from reading the book and why you think they are relevant to either the Roman Republic, or current times. As well, which characters and events do you think had the most impact on the Romans in general and why?
This section contains 2,375 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)