Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
2. What is Marius's statue made out of?
3. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
4. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
5. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sulla do after taking Rome again, this time, from Telesinus?
2. What is significant about the way Pompey begins his military career?
3. What happens to Crassus's family and why does he return to Rome?
4. How does Sulla approach a possible confrontation with the younger Marius?
5. What age is Pompey when he does battle with Caesar and what happens when the two first meet?
6. How does the feud between Marius and Metellus begin?
7. What personal problems does Cicero encounter after he retires from public life?
8. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
9. What is significant about the way Sulla takes control of Rome?
10. How does Pompey face criticism for pursuing Caesar and what happens when the two meet for the final time?
Pompey's death was a result of the betrayal of the Egyptians.
1) Describe the dilemma that the Egyptians are faced with as Pompey approaches their shores. Analyze their decision, whether or not you agree with it, and why.
2) Explain the way Pompey decides to proceed to the shores of Egypt, his reaction to his impending death, and how he is killed .
3) Describe Caesar's response to Pompey's death along with his actions following it, and what you think his reasons are for both.
Caesar is known for having an impact on Rome from a very early age. Describe his youth and the events that lead up to his return to Rome, including an analysis of his capture by Sulla's men and the pirates. Also, explain why these situations and how Caesar handles them are a sign of the way he eventually approaches later conflicts in his life.
Write an in depth essay about Crassus's personality traits, focusing on his main vice, avarice. Use examples and events to explain how his pension for greed affected both his political and military career.
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)