Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
2. What is Marius's statue made out of?
3. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
4. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
5. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sulla do after taking Rome again, this time, from Telesinus?
2. What is significant about the way Pompey begins his military career?
3. What happens to Crassus's family and why does he return to Rome?
4. How does Sulla approach a possible confrontation with the younger Marius?
5. What age is Pompey when he does battle with Caesar and what happens when the two first meet?
6. How does the feud between Marius and Metellus begin?
7. What personal problems does Cicero encounter after he retires from public life?
8. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
9. What is significant about the way Sulla takes control of Rome?
10. How does Pompey face criticism for pursuing Caesar and what happens when the two meet for the final time?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the civil war between Caesar and Pompey, including an analysis of all factors surrounding the events that led up to it, how it was waged, and the way that it ended. Use the entire book to provide insight on both men to explain the reasons for their parts in the war, and the overall effect it has on the future of Rome.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the war between Marius and Metellus, chronicling how it begins, the reasons why it becomes so intense, and the effect its ending has on Marius's career as a Roman leader.
Essay Topic 3
Pompey is mainly known for his military career, but he also entered the political arena. Analyze both his military and political experiences, how they contrasted each other, and which one had the most impact on Rome. Also, include a detailed explanation of why Pompey was so highly regarded for the way he handled himself during the military battles he was involved with.
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)