|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Crassus remain briefly after his stay at Malaca?
2. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
3. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
4. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
5. What is Crassus's biggest vice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marius do when elected consul to endear himself to the people?
2. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
3. What is significant about the way Sulla takes control of Rome?
4. How does Caesar affect the political career of Crassus?
5. How does the feud between Marius and Metellus begin?
6. How does Sulla rule over Rome for the second time?
7. What age does Marius retire from the leadership command position in the military, and what does he do afterward?
8. How does Crassus die and what do the Parthians do after his death?
9. What is interesting about Sulla's funeral and the inscription on his burial stone?
10. How does the civil war between Marius and Sulla start, and what is the result of it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Caesar's death was one of the most famous events in the history of the Roman Republic. 1) Chronicle the events leading up to Caesar's death, describing the people involved, and the warnings that Caesar receives.
2) Describe how Caesar dies and the effect it has on Rome, including the way the people react.
3) Explain about the sayings that Caesar's life and death have inspired throughout the years, detailing their meanings, how they relate to Caesar, and the way they have been used.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the civil war between Caesar and Pompey, including an analysis of all factors surrounding the events that led up to it, how it was waged, and the way that it ended. Use the entire book to provide insight on both men to explain the reasons for their parts in the war, and the overall effect it has on the future of Rome.
Essay Topic 3
Write an in depth essay about Crassus's personality traits, focusing on his main vice, avarice. Use examples and events to explain how his pension for greed affected both his political and military career.
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)