|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Vibius send food to Crassus after learning of his escape from Rome?
2. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
3. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
4. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
5. What type of mines does Crassus own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sulla attempt to interfere with Pompey the Great's life?
2. What happens to Sulla's wife, Metella, and what does Sulla do?
3. Why does Sulla give up the dictatorship and how does he live his life at this point?
4. How does the civil war between Marius and Sulla start, and what is the result of it?
5. How does Sulla rule over Rome for the second time?
6. How does Marius's first military experience inspire him to pursue greater accomplishments?
7. What is Crassus's plan to escape from the Parthians?
8. What age does Marius retire from the leadership command position in the military, and what does he do afterward?
9. How does Sulla approach a possible confrontation with the younger Marius?
10. What questionable things does Marius do during his sixth term as consul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pompey is mainly known for his military career, but he also entered the political arena. Analyze both his military and political experiences, how they contrasted each other, and which one had the most impact on Rome. Also, include a detailed explanation of why Pompey was so highly regarded for the way he handled himself during the military battles he was involved with.
Essay Topic 2
Write an in depth essay about Crassus's personality traits, focusing on his main vice, avarice. Use examples and events to explain how his pension for greed affected both his political and military career.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the different characteristics of Marius and Sulla, both militarily and politically. Include a detailed explanation of the feud between them and the effects it has on Rome.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)