|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cicero's name mean?
(b) Chick pea.
2. How does Vergentorix, the commander of the Gaul forces, surrender?
(a) He writes to Caesar, informing him of the surrender.
(b) He sits at Caesar's feet, waiting to be arrested.
(c) He sends a messenger to tell Caesar his location.
(d) He rides to Caesar holding a white flag.
3. What happens when Caesar and Pompey finally battle each other?
(a) The two agree to a draw after a long battle.
(b) Pompey refuses to fight Caesar.
(c) Caesar thoroughly defeats Pompey.
(d) Caesar narrowly defeats Pompey.
4. What happens to Clodius while Cicero is away?
(a) He is prosecuted.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He is exiled.
5. Whom does the young Caesar eventually take on as his colleague?
(a) Cicero's son.
(b) Cicero's best friend.
(c) Cicero's protégé.
(d) Cicero's grandson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cicero's reputation as praetor?
2. How does Pompey plan to enter Rome after his victory in Africa?
3. What causes Pompey to be unrecognizable to a soldier, almost bringing about Pompey's death?
4. What causes Cicero's second divorce?
5. Whom does Caesar's daughter eventually marry?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)