|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Considius give for his general lack of fear?
(a) His knowledge.
(b) His age.
(c) His influence.
(d) His previous accomplishments.
2. Upon returning to Italy, how does Pompey divorce his wife before marrying Julia, Caesar's daughter?
(a) Through a letter.
(b) He tells her publicly.
(c) Through a messenger.
(d) He tells her in private.
3. Where does Pompey face Sertorius?
4. What happens to Catiline after Cicero uncovers his plans?
(a) He is told to leave Rome.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is imprisoned.
(d) He is wounded while escaping the city.
5. Who objects when Caesar attempts to use the treasury's money to fund a war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Caesar and Pompey finally battle each other?
2. What happens to Mithridates after Pompey defeats him?
3. How is Pompey's father, Strabo, generally considered?
4. What does Cicero take the time to learn about everyone he meets?
5. How does Pompey plan to enter Rome after his victory in Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the contrast between Caesar's troops and Pompey's troops, and how does that affect the outcome of their war?
2. What is the dilemma Cicero faces upon discovering the plan by Catiline's forces that remain in Rome?
3. How does Plutarch feel about Caesar's military accomplishments and why?
4. What are some of the omens that Plutarch discusses leading up to Caesar's death?
5. How does Cicero approach young Caesar when he arrives in Rome, and what happens to cause the two to be on opposite sides?
6. What part does Pompey play in the war in Africa, how does he want to be celebrated for it, and why is he given the name, "The Great"?
7. How does Pompey face criticism for pursuing Caesar and what happens when the two meet for the final time?
8. What kind of reputation does Pompey have with regard to the way he treats enemy soldiers?
9. What leads to the civil war between Caesar and Pompey?
10. What is interesting about how the battle between Pompey and Sertorius ends, and Pompey's decision afterward?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)