|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cicero take the time to learn about everyone he meets?
(a) Their profession.
(b) Their background.
(c) Their financial situation.
(d) Their name.
2. What does Caesar do on his way back to Rome?
(a) Trains an army.
(c) Meets his first wife.
(d) Trains himself to be in an army.
3. How does Vergentorix, the commander of the Gaul forces, surrender?
(a) He sits at Caesar's feet, waiting to be arrested.
(b) He rides to Caesar holding a white flag.
(c) He sends a messenger to tell Caesar his location.
(d) He writes to Caesar, informing him of the surrender.
4. What does Caesar do to the pirates when he eventually captures them?
(a) Orders their deaths.
(b) Releases them after proving his point.
(c) Forces them to do manual labor for him.
(d) Acquires his ransom back.
5. Whom does Caesar pit the people against when he is in office?
(a) The nobles.
(b) The military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bibulus shut himself in his house at the end of his consul term?
2. Why does Pompey refuse to help Cicero face Clodius?
3. What is Caesar known for during a battle?
4. What city do Caesar and his men take over on their way to face Pompey?
5. How does Plutarch compare Caesar's military career with Marius, Sulla, and Pompey's?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)