|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar do that many disagree with after his aunt, Julia, dies?
(a) He shows images of Julia.
(b) He shows images of Marius.
(c) He works to return Marius from exile.
(d) He works to change the laws about burials.
2. What does Caesar do when he is captured by Sulla's men?
(a) He kills one of them and is released.
(b) He tricks them into thinking Sulla has ordered his release.
(c) He escapes when they are not looking.
(d) He uses bribery to free himself.
3. What happens when Caesar and Pompey finally battle each other?
(a) Pompey refuses to fight Caesar.
(b) Caesar narrowly defeats Pompey.
(c) Caesar thoroughly defeats Pompey.
(d) The two agree to a draw after a long battle.
4. What happens to Clodius while Cicero is away?
(a) He is exiled.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is prosecuted.
5. What does Cicero take the time to learn about everyone he meets?
(a) Their name.
(b) Their financial situation.
(c) Their profession.
(d) Their background.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pompey want to avoid fighting Caesar?
2. How is Pompey mentioned in Sulla's will?
3. What age is Cicero when he is killed?
4. What plan of Catiline's does Cicero stop?
5. Along with the dowry from his wife, what helps Cicero maintain his modest lifestyle?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)