|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
(a) A list of men to be exiled.
(b) A list of men to be rewarded.
(c) A list of men he wants to serve with him.
(d) A list of men to be punished.
2. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
3. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
(a) The death sentence of Marius and Sulpicius.
(b) The death sentence of Jugurtha.
(c) The elimination of the military.
(d) The increase in the size of the military.
4. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
(a) They refuse to fight.
(b) They become tired.
(c) They become over confident.
(d) They become outnumbered.
5. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
(b) The Celtiberians.
(c) The Cimbri.
(d) The Tuetones.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers did Crassus have?
2. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
3. What language did Marius speak very little of?
4. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
5. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marius do when elected consul to endear himself to the people?
2. What happens between Crassus and the Spartans that shows his view of war?
3. What happens to Crassus's son?
4. How does the civil war between Marius and Sulla start, and what is the result of it?
5. What is the mystery surrounding Marius's death?
6. How does Sulla rule over Rome for the second time?
7. How does Caesar affect the political career of Crassus?
8. How does Crassus die and what do the Parthians do after his death?
9. How does Rex Warner describe Plutarch's biography of Marius and why?
10. How does the feud between Marius and Metellus begin?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)