|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(b) He defeats Sulla.
(c) He sues for peace.
(d) He surrenders.
2. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His death.
(c) His wars.
(d) His marriage.
3. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Six thousand.
(b) Five Thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Eight Thousand.
4. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(c) A soothsayer.
(d) A relative.
5. Who is killed when Marius and Cinna take over Rome?
(a) Crassus's entire family.
(b) Crassus's uncle and cousin.
(c) Crassus's friend.
(d) Crassus's father and brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crassus counting on as he proceeds to face the enemy troops in Syria?
2. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
3. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
4. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
5. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What age does Marius retire from the leadership command position in the military, and what does he do afterward?
2. How does Caesar affect the political career of Crassus?
3. What is significant about the way Sulla takes control of Rome?
4. What happens to Sulla's wife, Metella, and what does Sulla do?
5. What is Crassus's plan after being elected to the consul, and what mistake does he make that winter?
6. How does the civil war between Marius and Sulla start, and what is the result of it?
7. How does Sulla die?
8. How does Crassus die and what do the Parthians do after his death?
9. How does Sulla attempt to interfere with Pompey the Great's life?
10. How does Sulla approach a possible confrontation with the younger Marius?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)