|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
(a) His own house.
(b) Marius's house.
(c) Caesar's house.
(d) Jugurtha's house.
2. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
(a) Sulla kills him.
(b) He is captured by Sulla.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He is exiled from the camp.
3. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
(a) A relative of Sulla.
(b) A relative of Marius.
(c) A relative of Caesar.
(d) A relative of Jugurtha.
4. According to Onatius Aurelius's vision, who orders that Crassus and Pompey should become friends?
5. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
(a) The war in Africa.
(b) The war in Hispania Ulterior.
(c) The war in Asia.
(d) The war in the Rhone Alps.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers did Crassus have?
2. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
3. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
4. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
5. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cicero approach young Caesar when he arrives in Rome, and what happens to cause the two to be on opposite sides?
2. What kinds of omens does Crassus receive on his way to Syria and how does he respond to them?
3. How does Sulla rule over Rome for the second time?
4. What important event does Cicero stop when he is the praetor of Rome?
5. What is the contrast between Caesar's troops and Pompey's troops, and how does that affect the outcome of their war?
6. How does Caesar avoid death in his youth, and what do his dealings with the pirates display?
7. What is it about Caesar's actions that cause him to lose support from the people, and how does he become a dictator for life?
8. What is interesting about Sulla's funeral and the inscription on his burial stone?
9. What is the dilemma Cicero faces upon discovering the plan by Catiline's forces that remain in Rome?
10. What causes the Egyptians to betray Pompey, how does he die, and what is Caesar's reaction?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)