|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(b) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
(c) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
(d) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
2. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Six thousand.
(b) Five Thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Eight Thousand.
3. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
4. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
(a) Marius's house.
(b) Caesar's house.
(c) His own house.
(d) Jugurtha's house.
5. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is not aware of it.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
2. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
3. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
4. What is Crassus's biggest vice?
5. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What age does Marius retire from the leadership command position in the military, and what does he do afterward?
2. How does Sulla rule over Rome for the second time?
3. What happens to Crassus's family and why does he return to Rome?
4. What happens between Crassus and the Spartans that shows his view of war?
5. How does Caesar affect the political career of Crassus?
6. How does Marius distinguish himself when he is voted into the office of tribune?
7. What is interesting about Sulla's funeral and the inscription on his burial stone?
8. What is the mystery surrounding Marius's death?
9. What questionable things does Marius do during his sixth term as consul?
10. What kinds of omens does Crassus receive on his way to Syria and how does he respond to them?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)