|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
(a) Through force.
(b) Through bribes.
(c) Through deception.
(d) Through his own voluntary action.
2. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
3. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
4. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He wins it.
(b) He withdraws from the race.
(c) He ties with his opponent.
(d) He loses it.
5. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(b) San Michele.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
2. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
3. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
4. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
5. What is Crassus counting on as he proceeds to face the enemy troops in Syria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the way Sulla takes control of Rome?
2. Why does Sulla give up the dictatorship and how does he live his life at this point?
3. How does Sulla approach a possible confrontation with the younger Marius?
4. What does Marius do when elected consul to endear himself to the people?
5. What happens to Crassus's son?
6. How does Crassus originally face the Parthians?
7. What questionable things does Marius do during his sixth term as consul?
8. What is Crassus's plan after being elected to the consul, and what mistake does he make that winter?
9. How does Marius's first military experience inspire him to pursue greater accomplishments?
10. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)