|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Seven years.
2. What is Marius's statue made out of?
3. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
(a) A civilized province.
(b) A major supplier of food for Rome.
(c) An uncivilized province.
(d) A major ally to Rome.
4. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(b) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(c) Invade Asia.
(d) Invade Athens.
5. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
(a) He is the first to be approached by the Parthians for an alliance.
(b) He is the first to be made the general of the Parthians' army.
(c) He is the first to be captured and released by the Parthians.
(d) He is the first to be attacked by the Parthians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
2. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
3. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
4. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
5. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sulla do after taking Rome again, this time, from Telesinus?
2. What is significant about the way Pompey begins his military career?
3. What happens to Crassus's family and why does he return to Rome?
4. How does Sulla approach a possible confrontation with the younger Marius?
5. What age is Pompey when he does battle with Caesar and what happens when the two first meet?
6. How does the feud between Marius and Metellus begin?
7. What personal problems does Cicero encounter after he retires from public life?
8. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
9. What is significant about the way Sulla takes control of Rome?
10. How does Pompey face criticism for pursuing Caesar and what happens when the two meet for the final time?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)