|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
(a) He subjects them to manual labor.
(b) He kills one of them as an example.
(c) He threatens them.
(d) He belittles them repeatedly.
2. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Eight Thousand.
(b) Three thousand.
(c) Five Thousand.
(d) Six thousand.
3. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
(a) A lack of supplies.
(b) His conscience.
(d) Bad omens.
4. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(d) St. Etienne.
5. According to Onatius Aurelius's vision, who orders that Crassus and Pompey should become friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
2. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
3. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
4. How many brothers did Crassus have?
5. What is Marius's statue made out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the way Sulla takes control of Rome?
2. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
3. What is the mystery surrounding Marius's death?
4. How does the civil war between Marius and Sulla start, and what is the result of it?
5. What is Crassus's plan to escape from the Parthians?
6. What is interesting about Sulla's funeral and the inscription on his burial stone?
7. What happens to Crassus's son?
8. How does Crassus die and what do the Parthians do after his death?
9. What questionable things does Marius do during his sixth term as consul?
10. Why does Sulla give up the dictatorship and how does he live his life at this point?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)