|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(a) No times.
(d) Three times.
2. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(c) San Michele.
3. How often does Vibius send food to Crassus after learning of his escape from Rome?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Every day.
4. How is Crassus killed?
(a) He is beheaded.
(b) He becomes ill and never recovers.
(c) He is attacked by one of his own men.
(d) He is poisoned.
5. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) Sulla kills him.
(c) He is exiled from the camp.
(d) He is captured by Sulla.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
2. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
3. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
4. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
5. What decree does Sulla make when he controls Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Sulla's wife, Metella, and what does Sulla do?
2. What happens to Crassus's family and why does he return to Rome?
3. What questionable things does Marius do during his sixth term as consul?
4. Why does Sulla give up the dictatorship and how does he live his life at this point?
5. What is Crassus's main vice, and how is this displayed?
6. What does Sulla do after taking Rome again, this time, from Telesinus?
7. How does Marius distinguish himself when he is voted into the office of tribune?
8. How does Marius's first military experience inspire him to pursue greater accomplishments?
9. What age does Marius retire from the leadership command position in the military, and what does he do afterward?
10. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)