|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is killed when Marius and Cinna take over Rome?
(a) Crassus's friend.
(b) Crassus's entire family.
(c) Crassus's uncle and cousin.
(d) Crassus's father and brother.
2. According to Onatius Aurelius's vision, who orders that Crassus and Pompey should become friends?
3. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
(a) The increase in the size of the military.
(b) The death sentence of Marius and Sulpicius.
(c) The elimination of the military.
(d) The death sentence of Jugurtha.
4. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) Heavy winds.
(c) His men are too tired.
(d) He is waiting for reinforcements.
5. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
(a) He offers money to Crassus for the trip.
(b) He alerts the Parthians.
(c) He tries to set up a decoy for the Parthians.
(d) He bribes several of Crassus's men to betray him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
2. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
3. What causes Sulla's death?
4. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
5. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Crassus's son?
2. What happens to Sulla's wife, Metella, and what does Sulla do?
3. How does Sulla die?
4. What is Crassus's main vice, and how is this displayed?
5. What age does Marius retire from the leadership command position in the military, and what does he do afterward?
6. What does Sulla do after taking Rome again, this time, from Telesinus?
7. What happens to Crassus's family and why does he return to Rome?
8. How does Marius's first military experience inspire him to pursue greater accomplishments?
9. Why does Sulla give up the dictatorship and how does he live his life at this point?
10. How does the civil war between Marius and Sulla start, and what is the result of it?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)