|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
(a) He is captured by Sulla.
(b) Sulla kills him.
(c) He is exiled from the camp.
(d) He commits suicide.
2. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
3. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
(a) An uncivilized province.
(b) A major supplier of food for Rome.
(c) A major ally to Rome.
(d) A civilized province.
4. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
(a) Caesar thinks that neither person should have been declared the winner.
(b) Caesar accuses Sulla's opponent of unfair tactics.
(c) Caesar thinks that Sulla has won fairly.
(d) Caesar accuses Sulla of buying his win.
5. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
(a) He never knew his family until later in his life.
(b) Family was a small part of his childhood.
(c) Family was a big part of his childhood.
(d) He was separated from his family during his childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
2. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
3. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
4. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
5. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Crassus's family and why does he return to Rome?
2. How does Crassus die and what do the Parthians do after his death?
3. How does Sulla rule over Rome for the second time?
4. What is significant about the way Sulla takes control of Rome?
5. What questionable things does Marius do during his sixth term as consul?
6. How does Sulla approach a possible confrontation with the younger Marius?
7. How does the civil war between Marius and Sulla start, and what is the result of it?
8. What age does Marius retire from the leadership command position in the military, and what does he do afterward?
9. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
10. What happens to Sulla's wife, Metella, and what does Sulla do?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)