|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of dirt.
(b) A piece of broken wood.
(c) A piece of metal.
(d) A piece of wool.
2. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
(a) In an execution by Marius.
(b) In exile.
(c) The dungeon.
(d) On the battlefield.
3. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His wars.
(d) His death.
4. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
(a) They are attacked unjustly and defend themselves.
(b) They escape from a cruel leader.
(c) They are looking for revenge.
(d) They slowly build their soldiers.
5. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
2. Whom does Marius marry?
3. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
4. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
5. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marius do when elected consul to endear himself to the people?
2. How does Sulla die?
3. What is Crassus's main vice, and how is this displayed?
4. What questionable things does Marius do during his sixth term as consul?
5. What happens between Crassus and the Spartans that shows his view of war?
6. How does Sulla rule over Rome for the second time?
7. What does Sulla do after taking Rome again, this time, from Telesinus?
8. What happens to Sulla's wife, Metella, and what does Sulla do?
9. What happens to Crassus's son?
10. What is the mystery surrounding Marius's death?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)