|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
2. What personality does Crassus have?
(a) He is short tempered.
(b) He is vengeful.
(c) He is arrogant.
(d) He is well mannered.
3. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) To destroy Africa.
(b) To befriend the Romans.
(c) To destroy Rome.
(d) To join Africa.
4. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
(a) The loss of his son.
(b) An illness.
(c) He becomes confused.
(d) He is severely wounded.
5. How does Crassus often loan money?
(a) With interest, but he never requires payment.
(b) With excessive interest, but he never requires payment.
(c) Without interest, but he always requires payment.
(d) With excessive interest, and he always requires payment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
2. Where does Crassus remain briefly after his stay at Malaca?
3. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
4. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
5. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sulla rule over Rome for the second time?
2. How does the feud between Marius and Metellus begin?
3. How does Crassus originally face the Parthians?
4. How does Rex Warner describe Plutarch's biography of Marius and why?
5. What is Crassus's plan after being elected to the consul, and what mistake does he make that winter?
6. What happens to Crassus's family and why does he return to Rome?
7. What is Crassus's plan to escape from the Parthians?
8. What does Marius do when elected consul to endear himself to the people?
9. How does Sulla die?
10. How does Marius distinguish himself when he is voted into the office of tribune?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)