|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) Marius's education.
(b) The number of children Marius had.
(c) Marius's war skills.
(d) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
2. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
3. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
(a) An escort.
(b) A reason.
(c) Extra food.
4. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(b) A soothsayer.
(d) A relative.
5. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He wins it.
(b) He ties with his opponent.
(c) He loses it.
(d) He withdraws from the race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
2. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
3. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
4. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
5. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Crassus's family and why does he return to Rome?
2. What is interesting about Sulla's funeral and the inscription on his burial stone?
3. How does Crassus originally face the Parthians?
4. How does Caesar affect the political career of Crassus?
5. What age does Marius retire from the leadership command position in the military, and what does he do afterward?
6. How does Marius distinguish himself when he is voted into the office of tribune?
7. How does Marius's first military experience inspire him to pursue greater accomplishments?
8. What questionable things does Marius do during his sixth term as consul?
9. What happens to Crassus's son?
10. How does Rex Warner describe Plutarch's biography of Marius and why?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)