|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Crassus killed?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He becomes ill and never recovers.
(c) He is beheaded.
(d) He is attacked by one of his own men.
2. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Divorce his wife.
(b) Leave Rome.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Leave the military.
3. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
(a) Family was a small part of his childhood.
(b) He was separated from his family during his childhood.
(c) Family was a big part of his childhood.
(d) He never knew his family until later in his life.
4. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
(a) He is exiled.
(b) He is thrown to his death.
(c) He is allowed to fight in the military.
(d) He is given a political position.
5. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
2. What is Marius's statue made out of?
3. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
4. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
5. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sulla attempt to interfere with Pompey the Great's life?
2. What is Crassus's plan to escape from the Parthians?
3. What does Marius do when elected consul to endear himself to the people?
4. What does Sulla do after taking Rome again, this time, from Telesinus?
5. How does Crassus originally face the Parthians?
6. What questionable things does Marius do during his sixth term as consul?
7. How does Caesar affect the political career of Crassus?
8. What is Crassus's main vice, and how is this displayed?
9. How does the civil war between Marius and Sulla start, and what is the result of it?
10. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)