|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
2. How was Marius raised?
(a) To the ancient Roman standards.
(b) Against the ancient Roman standards.
(c) To the modern Roman standards.
(d) With no specific standards.
3. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
4. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
(b) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(c) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(d) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
5. Whom does Marius marry?
(a) Julia, the aunt of Caesar.
(b) Maria, the aunt of Caesar.
(c) Maria, the cousin of Caesar.
(d) Julia, the cousin of Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
2. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
3. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
4. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
5. What is Crassus's biggest vice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interesting about Sulla's funeral and the inscription on his burial stone?
2. What is the mystery surrounding Marius's death?
3. What is Crassus's main vice, and how is this displayed?
4. How does Crassus originally face the Parthians?
5. What does Sulla do after taking Rome again, this time, from Telesinus?
6. What happens to Sulla's wife, Metella, and what does Sulla do?
7. Why does Sulla give up the dictatorship and how does he live his life at this point?
8. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
9. How does Sulla die?
10. How does the civil war between Marius and Sulla start, and what is the result of it?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)