|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crassus ignore during his first winter in Syria?
(a) Training the troops.
(b) Business affairs.
(c) The enemy.
(d) His family.
2. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy winds.
(b) Heavy rain.
(c) He is waiting for reinforcements.
(d) His men are too tired.
3. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His wars.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His death.
4. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
(a) A major supplier of food for Rome.
(b) A major ally to Rome.
(c) A civilized province.
(d) An uncivilized province.
5. How was Marius raised?
(a) With no specific standards.
(b) To the modern Roman standards.
(c) To the ancient Roman standards.
(d) Against the ancient Roman standards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
2. What is Crassus counting on as he proceeds to face the enemy troops in Syria?
3. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
4. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
5. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the civil war between Marius and Sulla start, and what is the result of it?
2. What does Sulla do after taking Rome again, this time, from Telesinus?
3. What happens to Crassus's family and why does he return to Rome?
4. How does Marius distinguish himself when he is voted into the office of tribune?
5. How does Sulla die?
6. What is Crassus's plan after being elected to the consul, and what mistake does he make that winter?
7. How does the feud between Marius and Metellus begin?
8. What is Crassus's plan to escape from the Parthians?
9. What age does Marius retire from the leadership command position in the military, and what does he do afterward?
10. How does Caesar affect the political career of Crassus?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)