|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
2. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
(a) His conscience.
(b) Bad omens.
(d) A lack of supplies.
3. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(d) St. Etienne.
4. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of metal.
(b) A piece of dirt.
(c) A piece of wool.
(d) A piece of broken wood.
5. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
(a) He bribes several of Crassus's men to betray him.
(b) He tries to set up a decoy for the Parthians.
(c) He alerts the Parthians.
(d) He offers money to Crassus for the trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
2. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
3. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
4. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
5. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marius distinguish himself when he is voted into the office of tribune?
2. What does Sulla do after taking Rome again, this time, from Telesinus?
3. What happens to Sulla's wife, Metella, and what does Sulla do?
4. How does Sulla approach a possible confrontation with the younger Marius?
5. What is it about Caesar's actions that cause him to lose support from the people, and how does he become a dictator for life?
6. What is Crassus's plan after being elected to the consul, and what mistake does he make that winter?
7. Why does Cicero leave Rome after he draws the ire of Clodius, and how does he return?
8. What is Crassus's main vice, and how is this displayed?
9. What is the mystery surrounding Marius's death?
10. How do the people show their support for Caesar when he enters politics and what does Cato do to try to lessen Caesar's popularity at that time?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)