|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
(a) He threatens them.
(b) He belittles them repeatedly.
(c) He subjects them to manual labor.
(d) He kills one of them as an example.
2. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
(a) He is the first to be made the general of the Parthians' army.
(b) He is the first to be approached by the Parthians for an alliance.
(c) He is the first to be captured and released by the Parthians.
(d) He is the first to be attacked by the Parthians.
3. What is Crassus's biggest vice?
4. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
5. What is Marius's statue made out of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
2. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
3. What is Crassus counting on as he proceeds to face the enemy troops in Syria?
4. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
5. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questionable things does Marius do during his sixth term as consul?
2. What does Marius do when elected consul to endear himself to the people?
3. How does Sulla die?
4. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
5. What does Sulla do after taking Rome again, this time, from Telesinus?
6. What happens to Sulla's wife, Metella, and what does Sulla do?
7. How does Rex Warner describe Plutarch's biography of Marius and why?
8. What age does Marius retire from the leadership command position in the military, and what does he do afterward?
9. What is Crassus's plan to escape from the Parthians?
10. How does Marius's first military experience inspire him to pursue greater accomplishments?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)