|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
2. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
(a) He is exiled.
(b) He is allowed to fight in the military.
(c) He is given a political position.
(d) He is thrown to his death.
3. How is Crassus killed?
(a) He is attacked by one of his own men.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He becomes ill and never recovers.
(d) He is beheaded.
4. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
(a) They slowly build their soldiers.
(b) They escape from a cruel leader.
(c) They are looking for revenge.
(d) They are attacked unjustly and defend themselves.
5. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
2. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
3. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
4. How many brothers did Crassus have?
5. What is Crassus counting on as he proceeds to face the enemy troops in Syria?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sulla rule over Rome for the second time?
2. How does Rex Warner describe Plutarch's biography of Marius and why?
3. What is interesting about Sulla's funeral and the inscription on his burial stone?
4. What happens to Sulla's wife, Metella, and what does Sulla do?
5. What happens to Crassus's son?
6. What kinds of omens does Crassus receive on his way to Syria and how does he respond to them?
7. What is Crassus's main vice, and how is this displayed?
8. Why does Sulla give up the dictatorship and how does he live his life at this point?
9. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
10. What happens between Crassus and the Spartans that shows his view of war?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)