|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(b) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(c) She becomes ill.
(d) She is captured by one of his enemies.
2. What type of mines does Crassus own?
(b) Silver, Gold, and Coal.
3. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
4. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
(a) Through deception.
(b) Through bribes.
(c) Through force.
(d) Through his own voluntary action.
5. What is Turpillius's fate?
(a) He is released to Metellus's responsibility.
(b) He is sentenced to death.
(c) He is exiled.
(d) He is released to Marius's responsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
2. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
3. How was Marius raised?
4. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
5. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Crassus's family and why does he return to Rome?
2. What happens to Crassus's son?
3. What does Marius do when elected consul to endear himself to the people?
4. What is Crassus's plan after being elected to the consul, and what mistake does he make that winter?
5. Where does the expression, "one of Marius's mules" originate?
6. How does Rex Warner describe Plutarch's biography of Marius and why?
7. Why does Sulla give up the dictatorship and how does he live his life at this point?
8. What kinds of omens does Crassus receive on his way to Syria and how does he respond to them?
9. What questionable things does Marius do during his sixth term as consul?
10. What is interesting about Sulla's funeral and the inscription on his burial stone?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)