|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pompey living before joining Sulla's military effort?
2. What does Sulla think Pompey has done with regard to his enemy, Lepidus?
(a) Intimidated him.
(b) Helped him become too powerful.
(c) Caused him to lose power.
(d) Alerted him to Sulla's plans.
3. What does Caesar do that many disagree with after his aunt, Julia, dies?
(a) He shows images of Julia.
(b) He works to change the laws about burials.
(c) He shows images of Marius.
(d) He works to return Marius from exile.
4. What city do Caesar and his men take over on their way to face Pompey?
5. What is Cicero's reputation as praetor?
(a) He is fair and careful.
(b) He is unfair and reckless.
(c) He is presumptuous and confident.
(d) He is naive and short tempered.
6. What is Caesar known for during a battle?
(a) Allowing his men to rest for long periods of time.
(b) Only allowing his men to rest for short periods of time.
(c) Ordering his men to do impossible things.
(d) Facing the same dangers as his men.
7. Who objects when Caesar attempts to use the treasury's money to fund a war?
8. What age is Pompey when he is killed?
(a) Fifty five.
(c) Sixty five.
9. What age is Cicero when he is killed?
(a) Seventy Four.
(b) Fifty Four.
(c) Eighty Four.
(d) Sixty Four.
10. How many months is it before Cicero is asked to return to Rome?
11. Which city does Pompey help rebuild on his way home to Rome?
12. What do the people fear when the senate session lasts longer than normal?
(a) That Caesar has been replaced.
(b) That Caesar has been exiled.
(c) That Caesar has been held.
(d) That Caesar has been killed.
13. What happens to Clodius while Cicero is away?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is exiled.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He is prosecuted.
14. What does Caesar do when he is captured by Sulla's men?
(a) He kills one of them and is released.
(b) He tricks them into thinking Sulla has ordered his release.
(c) He escapes when they are not looking.
(d) He uses bribery to free himself.
15. What causes Lepidus to die?
(b) Pompey kills him.
(c) A letter detailing his wife's unfaithfulness.
(d) He commits suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar do when his first wife dies, endearing him to the people?
2. What is Pompey known for occasionally doing with captured nobles?
3. What does Cicero work as when he first returns to Rome?
4. Whose dream warns Caesar of his fate?
5. What plan of Catiline's does Cicero stop?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)