|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who supports the law to give Pompey increased powers to fight the pirates?
(b) The man of the equestrian order.
2. What is Caesar known for during a battle?
(a) Allowing his men to rest for long periods of time.
(b) Facing the same dangers as his men.
(c) Only allowing his men to rest for short periods of time.
(d) Ordering his men to do impossible things.
3. What does Cicero do after retiring from public life?
(a) He visits relatives.
(b) He entertains people with his speeches.
(c) He writes.
(d) He farms.
4. How many months is it before Cicero is asked to return to Rome?
5. Where is Cicero's country estate located?
6. What does Caesar do for Cleopatra?
(a) He offers to relocate her to Rome.
(b) He arranges for her to take the throne with her brother.
(c) He gives her many rare jewels before leaving.
(d) He gives her a small fortune.
7. Where is Caesar betrayed and murdered?
(a) On the senate floor.
(b) In the public square.
(c) Outside of the court building.
(d) At his house.
8. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
(a) He bestows a medal of honor to him.
(b) He bestows a fortune to him.
(c) He allows him to join the army.
(d) He moves him to live closer to Stratonice.
9. What does Cicero occasionally do in order to garner glory?
(a) He associates with those who have accomplished great things.
(b) He magnifies his achievements.
(c) He takes the stories of others as his own.
(d) He risks his life to provide stories to tell.
10. What reason does Considius give for his general lack of fear?
(a) His influence.
(b) His previous accomplishments.
(c) His knowledge.
(d) His age.
11. What happens to Clodius while Cicero is away?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is exiled.
(c) He is prosecuted.
(d) He disappears.
12. Where does Cicero serve as a priest before returning to Rome?
13. How does Pompey plan to enter Rome after his victory in Africa?
(a) On foot, leading his soldiers.
(b) On a chariot.
(c) On horseback, leading his soldiers.
(d) Carried by his soldiers.
14. What is Pompey known for occasionally doing with captured nobles?
(a) Burning them.
(b) Allowing them to escape.
(c) Beheading them.
(d) Convincing them to join his army.
15. What do some people fear after appointing Caesar the dictator of Rome for life?
(a) That he will lose the influence he has.
(b) That there will be an attempt on his life.
(c) That he will not accept the title.
(d) That he will not stay in Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pompey do after defeating the revolt, led by Brutus?
2. What leads to Mithridates' suicide?
3. What does Sulla think Pompey has done with regard to his enemy, Lepidus?
4. Whose dream warns Caesar of his fate?
5. Where does Pompey face Sertorius?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)