|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose dream warns Caesar of his fate?
2. Who pays Caesar's debt when he is stopped on his way to Spain?
3. What does Cicero's name mean?
(c) Chick pea.
4. How is Pompey's father, Strabo, generally considered?
(a) He is liked.
(b) He is hated.
(c) He is feared.
(d) He is envied.
5. What happens to Catiline after Cicero uncovers his plans?
(a) He is wounded while escaping the city.
(b) He is told to leave Rome.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is imprisoned.
6. Where is Cicero's country estate located?
7. Along with the dowry from his wife, what helps Cicero maintain his modest lifestyle?
(a) Money from people who appreciate his work.
(b) A large inheritance.
(c) Money from the council officials who appreciate his work.
(d) A small inheritance.
8. How long does Cicero serve in the military?
(a) An average amount of time.
(d) He does not serve in the military.
9. Whose presence helps Pompey defeat Sertorius?
10. What does the younger Caesar say about Cicero years after his death?
(a) He was an honest man.
(b) He was a learned man.
(c) He was a traveled man.
(d) He was a brave man.
11. What leads to Mithridates' suicide?
(a) His son's treachery.
(b) His fear of Caesar.
(c) His own men's betrayal.
(d) His fear of Pompey.
12. Why is Cicero not involved with Caesar's murder?
(a) He is away at the time of the murder.
(b) The murderers do not think he will participate.
(c) He is afraid of Caesar.
(d) He would rather face Caesar alone than in an unfair attack.
13. What causes Pompey to be unrecognizable to a soldier, almost bringing about Pompey's death?
(a) Heavy snow.
(b) The darkness of night.
(c) The brightness of the sun.
(d) Heavy rain.
14. Where does Cicero go when he is denied entrance into Sicily?
15. Why does Pompey want to avoid fighting Caesar?
(a) He is afraid of Caesar.
(b) Bad omens.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) He has less troops than Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pompey do with Sertorius's letters after his death?
2. Upon returning to Italy, how does Pompey divorce his wife before marrying Julia, Caesar's daughter?
3. What does Caesar do to the pirates when he eventually captures them?
4. What is Cicero's reputation as praetor?
5. What city do Caesar and his men take over on their way to face Pompey?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)