|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cicero take the time to learn about everyone he meets?
(a) Their financial situation.
(b) Their profession.
(c) Their name.
(d) Their background.
2. How does Plutarch compare Caesar's military career with Marius, Sulla, and Pompey's?
(a) Caesar's career was more impressive than Marius and Sulla, but equal to Pompey.
(b) Caesar's career was more impressive than all of them.
(c) Caesar's career was more impressive than Marius, but equal to Sulla and Pompey.
(d) Caesar's career was more impressive than Pompey's, but equal to Marius and Sulla.
3. What is Cicero's reputation as praetor?
(a) He is naive and short tempered.
(b) He is presumptuous and confident.
(c) He is fair and careful.
(d) He is unfair and reckless.
4. What city do Caesar and his men take over on their way to face Pompey?
5. What age is Cicero when he is killed?
(a) Seventy Four.
(b) Eighty Four.
(c) Sixty Four.
(d) Fifty Four.
6. What does Pompey insist upon Sulla's death?
(a) That his family be allowed at the burial.
(b) That his family not be allowed at the burial.
(c) That he does not receive a proper burial.
(d) That he receives a proper burial.
7. What plan of Catiline's does Cicero stop?
(a) A plan to stop Cicero from being the praetor.
(b) A plan to stop the election.
(c) A plan to keep Sulla in control.
(d) A plan to prevent Pompey from returning.
8. What does Caesar do on his way back to Rome?
(a) Meets his first wife.
(c) Trains himself to be in an army.
(d) Trains an army.
9. What age is Pompey when he is killed?
(a) Sixty five.
(c) Fifty five.
10. What does Terentia, Cicero's wife, do to cause their divorce?
(a) She tries to have Cicero arrested.
(b) She has an affair.
(c) She is exiled from the city for her associations.
(d) She takes the valuables from his house.
11. What does Caesar give to the troops before returning them to Pompey?
(a) A monetary gift.
12. Why do Caesar and Pompey hide their dislike for each other?
(a) They fear Crassus.
(b) They fear Marius.
(c) They fear each other.
(d) They fear the omens.
13. Who supports the law to give Pompey increased powers to fight the pirates?
(b) The man of the equestrian order.
14. Whose dream warns Caesar of his fate?
15. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
(a) He bestows a medal of honor to him.
(b) He bestows a fortune to him.
(c) He moves him to live closer to Stratonice.
(d) He allows him to join the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Clodius ask for help when he is planning his attack on Cicero?
2. How does Vergentorix, the commander of the Gaul forces, surrender?
3. How long does it take Pompey to win the war in Africa?
4. What happens when young Caesar arrives in Rome?
5. What does Sulla think Pompey has done with regard to his enemy, Lepidus?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)