|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When must Pompey make his decision to befriend Crassus, according to the man of the equestrian order's vision?
(a) Before Pompey and Crassus leave office.
(b) After Pompey and Crassus leave office.
(c) By the end of the month.
(d) By the end of the year.
2. What is Caesar known for during a battle?
(a) Only allowing his men to rest for short periods of time.
(b) Allowing his men to rest for long periods of time.
(c) Facing the same dangers as his men.
(d) Ordering his men to do impossible things.
3. Why does Caesar divorce his second wife?
(a) He does not have the time to sustain the marriage.
(b) He is accused of having an affair.
(c) She disagrees with his political ambitions.
(d) She is accused of having an affair.
4. How many months is it before Cicero is asked to return to Rome?
5. Who argues against the death penalty for the conspirators who plan to kill the senators?
6. What does Caesar do when his generals fear attacking the Germans?
(a) He sends them home and leads the army himself.
(b) He threatens them until they agree to attack the Germans.
(c) He leads the army against the generals instead of the Germans.
(d) He exiles them from Rome.
7. How educated is Cicero?
(a) He is educated a little.
(b) He is very educated.
(c) His has an average education.
(d) He is not educated at all.
8. How is Pompey's father, Strabo, generally considered?
(a) He is feared.
(b) He is hated.
(c) He is envied.
(d) He is liked.
9. How is Pompey mentioned in Sulla's will?
(a) He is mentioned only briefly as a friend.
(b) He is not mentioned.
(c) He is awarded a small part of Sulla's possessions.
(d) He is awarded half of Sulla's possessions.
10. Who gives Pompey the nickname, "The Great"?
11. What does Caesar do when his first wife dies, endearing him to the people?
(a) He pays to have her buried in a better location than was planned.
(b) He carries a locket she gave him.
(c) He orders a day of prayer for her.
(d) He speaks at her funeral.
12. What causes Pompey to be unrecognizable to a soldier, almost bringing about Pompey's death?
(a) Heavy snow.
(b) The brightness of the sun.
(c) The darkness of night.
(d) Heavy rain.
13. Where is Caesar betrayed and murdered?
(a) Outside of the court building.
(b) On the senate floor.
(c) In the public square.
(d) At his house.
14. What do the people fear when the senate session lasts longer than normal?
(a) That Caesar has been killed.
(b) That Caesar has been replaced.
(c) That Caesar has been held.
(d) That Caesar has been exiled.
15. Whom does Caesar's daughter eventually marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supports the law to give Pompey increased powers to fight the pirates?
2. What does Pompey wait for before going to the aid of Metellus?
3. How does Pompey plan to enter Rome after his victory in Africa?
4. Where does Cicero go when he is denied entrance into Sicily?
5. What age is Cicero when he is killed?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)