|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar give to the troops before returning them to Pompey?
(c) A monetary gift.
2. What is it about Stratonice that capture's Pompey's attention?
(a) Her shyness.
(b) Her singing voice.
(c) Her sense of humor.
(d) Her harp playing.
3. What does the younger Caesar say about Cicero years after his death?
(a) He was a brave man.
(b) He was an honest man.
(c) He was a traveled man.
(d) He was a learned man.
4. What does Pompey wait for before going to the aid of Metellus?
(a) Cinna's request.
(b) Sulla's request.
(c) Metellus's request.
(d) Marius's request.
5. What does Cicero do after retiring from public life?
(a) He writes.
(b) He farms.
(c) He visits relatives.
(d) He entertains people with his speeches.
6. Who gives Pompey the nickname, "The Great"?
7. What does Clodius unsuccessfully attempt to do while Cicero is away?
(a) Move into Cicero's house.
(b) Auction off Cicero's property.
(c) Pass a law banning Cicero from Rome.
(d) Find where Cicero is.
8. Why do Caesar and Pompey hide their dislike for each other?
(a) They fear Crassus.
(b) They fear Marius.
(c) They fear each other.
(d) They fear the omens.
9. How is Sertorius killed?
(a) He is killed by Marius.
(b) He is killed by Pompey.
(c) He is assassinated by his own men.
(d) He is killed by Caesar.
10. What happens to Clodius while Cicero is away?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He is exiled.
(d) He is prosecuted.
11. Who argues against the death penalty for the conspirators who plan to kill the senators?
12. What is Caesar known for during a battle?
(a) Facing the same dangers as his men.
(b) Ordering his men to do impossible things.
(c) Allowing his men to rest for long periods of time.
(d) Only allowing his men to rest for short periods of time.
13. What does Caesar do for Cleopatra?
(a) He arranges for her to take the throne with her brother.
(b) He offers to relocate her to Rome.
(c) He gives her a small fortune.
(d) He gives her many rare jewels before leaving.
14. What does Pompey do after defeating the revolt, led by Brutus?
(a) He lets Brutus go.
(b) He kills Brutus.
(c) He exiles Brutus from Rome.
(d) He imprisons Brutus.
15. What does Caesar do that many disagree with after his aunt, Julia, dies?
(a) He works to return Marius from exile.
(b) He shows images of Julia.
(c) He works to change the laws about burials.
(d) He shows images of Marius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cicero occasionally do in order to garner glory?
2. What causes Lepidus to die?
3. Whose presence helps Pompey defeat Sertorius?
4. What do some people fear after appointing Caesar the dictator of Rome for life?
5. How does Pompey plan to enter Rome after his victory in Africa?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)