Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Cicero's second divorce?
(a) His daughter's death.
(b) His time away from home.
(c) His return to public office.
(d) His wife's unfaithfulness.
2. What does Pompey wait for before going to the aid of Metellus?
(a) Marius's request.
(b) Sulla's request.
(c) Metellus's request.
(d) Cinna's request.
3. What causes Lepidus to die?
(a) A letter detailing his wife's unfaithfulness.
(b) Pompey kills him.
(c) He commits suicide.
4. When must Pompey make his decision to befriend Crassus, according to the man of the equestrian order's vision?
(a) After Pompey and Crassus leave office.
(b) By the end of the month.
(c) Before Pompey and Crassus leave office.
(d) By the end of the year.
5. What does Caesar do on his way back to Rome?
(b) Trains an army.
(c) Meets his first wife.
(d) Trains himself to be in an army.
6. What does Caesar do for Cleopatra?
(a) He gives her a small fortune.
(b) He arranges for her to take the throne with her brother.
(c) He gives her many rare jewels before leaving.
(d) He offers to relocate her to Rome.
7. Where does Cicero go when he is denied entrance into Sicily?
8. What does Cicero work as when he first returns to Rome?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A speech writer.
(c) An elected official.
(d) A lawyer.
9. Whom does Caesar's daughter eventually marry?
10. Why does Sulla consider putting Caesar to death at such a young age?
(a) Caesar has already humiliated him in public.
(b) He is following the advice of his advisers.
(c) Caesar is the son of one of his rivals.
(d) He sees the potential for Caesar to rule Rome.
11. What happens to Mithridates after Pompey defeats him?
(a) Mithridates joins Pompey's army.
(b) Mithridates escapes.
(c) Mithridates pleads for his life.
(d) Mithridates attacks Pompey.
12. What happens to Clodius while Cicero is away?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is prosecuted.
(d) He is exiled.
13. What reason does Considius give for his general lack of fear?
(a) His previous accomplishments.
(b) His knowledge.
(c) His influence.
(d) His age.
14. What does Caesar give to the troops before returning them to Pompey?
(d) A monetary gift.
15. What does Pompey do after defeating the revolt, led by Brutus?
(a) He lets Brutus go.
(b) He exiles Brutus from Rome.
(c) He imprisons Brutus.
(d) He kills Brutus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
2. Whom does Clodius ask for help when he is planning his attack on Cicero?
3. What do the people fear when the senate session lasts longer than normal?
4. What city do Caesar and his men take over on their way to face Pompey?
5. What does Cato do to diminish the effects of Caesar's growing popularity?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)