|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Caesar betrayed and murdered?
(a) Outside of the court building.
(b) On the senate floor.
(c) At his house.
(d) In the public square.
2. How is Pompey perceived throughout much of his life?
(a) As a vengeful man.
(b) As a fearful man.
(c) As a greedy man.
(d) As a generous man.
3. What is Cicero primarily known for?
(a) Being an orator and a poet.
(b) Being an ally to all of Rome's consuls.
(c) Being married into a noteworthy family.
(d) Being in the military.
4. What does Caesar do that many disagree with after his aunt, Julia, dies?
(a) He works to return Marius from exile.
(b) He works to change the laws about burials.
(c) He shows images of Julia.
(d) He shows images of Marius.
5. What do some people fear after appointing Caesar the dictator of Rome for life?
(a) That he will lose the influence he has.
(b) That there will be an attempt on his life.
(c) That he will not stay in Rome.
(d) That he will not accept the title.
6. Whose presence helps Pompey defeat Sertorius?
7. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
(a) He allows him to join the army.
(b) He bestows a medal of honor to him.
(c) He bestows a fortune to him.
(d) He moves him to live closer to Stratonice.
8. Along with the dowry from his wife, what helps Cicero maintain his modest lifestyle?
(a) A small inheritance.
(b) Money from the council officials who appreciate his work.
(c) A large inheritance.
(d) Money from people who appreciate his work.
9. What is it about Stratonice that capture's Pompey's attention?
(a) Her sense of humor.
(b) Her harp playing.
(c) Her singing voice.
(d) Her shyness.
10. Who pays Caesar's debt when he is stopped on his way to Spain?
11. What does Pompey do after defeating the revolt, led by Brutus?
(a) He exiles Brutus from Rome.
(b) He kills Brutus.
(c) He lets Brutus go.
(d) He imprisons Brutus.
12. Whom does Caesar's daughter eventually marry?
13. What age is Pompey when he is killed?
(b) Fifty five.
(d) Sixty five.
14. How does Plutarch compare Caesar's military career with Marius, Sulla, and Pompey's?
(a) Caesar's career was more impressive than Marius, but equal to Sulla and Pompey.
(b) Caesar's career was more impressive than Marius and Sulla, but equal to Pompey.
(c) Caesar's career was more impressive than all of them.
(d) Caesar's career was more impressive than Pompey's, but equal to Marius and Sulla.
15. What does Caesar do to the pirates when he eventually captures them?
(a) Forces them to do manual labor for him.
(b) Orders their deaths.
(c) Releases them after proving his point.
(d) Acquires his ransom back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Catiline after Cicero uncovers his plans?
2. How is Pompey mentioned in Sulla's will?
3. What does Cinna's disappearance lead some to believe?
4. Whose dream warns Caesar of his fate?
5. What does the younger Caesar say about Cicero years after his death?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)