|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Caesar's daughter eventually marry?
2. How educated is Cicero?
(a) He is not educated at all.
(b) He is very educated.
(c) His has an average education.
(d) He is educated a little.
3. What does Cato do to diminish the effects of Caesar's growing popularity?
(a) He offers the people additional grain.
(b) He increases the amount of livestock the people have.
(c) He increases the people's wages.
(d) He offers the people additional corn.
4. What does Caesar do when he is captured by Sulla's men?
(a) He kills one of them and is released.
(b) He tricks them into thinking Sulla has ordered his release.
(c) He uses bribery to free himself.
(d) He escapes when they are not looking.
5. Whom does the young Caesar eventually take on as his colleague?
(a) Cicero's protégé.
(b) Cicero's son.
(c) Cicero's best friend.
(d) Cicero's grandson.
6. Why does Pompey refuse to help Cicero face Clodius?
(a) He does not have the resources to help.
(b) He is holding a grudge against Cicero.
(c) He agrees with Clodius.
(d) He is obeying Caesar's order.
7. Who argues against the death penalty for the conspirators who plan to kill the senators?
8. What does Pompey do after defeating the revolt, led by Brutus?
(a) He imprisons Brutus.
(b) He exiles Brutus from Rome.
(c) He lets Brutus go.
(d) He kills Brutus.
9. What does Pompey do with Sertorius's letters after his death?
(a) Throws them into the sea without reading them.
(b) Burns them without reading them.
(c) Throws them into the sea after reading them.
(d) Burns them after reading them.
10. What happens to Clodius while Cicero is away?
(a) He is prosecuted.
(b) He is exiled.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He disappears.
11. Why does Pompey want to avoid fighting Caesar?
(a) He is afraid of Caesar.
(b) Bad omens.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) He has less troops than Caesar.
12. What happens when young Caesar arrives in Rome?
(a) Cicero initially tries to stop his plans for power.
(b) Cicero initially ignores him.
(c) Cicero initially plans to move from Rome to avoid him.
(d) Cicero initially befriends him.
13. How is Pompey mentioned in Sulla's will?
(a) He is awarded a small part of Sulla's possessions.
(b) He is awarded half of Sulla's possessions.
(c) He is mentioned only briefly as a friend.
(d) He is not mentioned.
14. How is Pompey's father, Strabo, generally considered?
(a) He is feared.
(b) He is liked.
(c) He is hated.
(d) He is envied.
15. What does Caesar do upon being declared the dictator of Rome?
(a) He gives the people money.
(b) He gives the people their rights back.
(c) He gives the people more livestock.
(d) He gives the people more land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays Caesar's debt when he is stopped on his way to Spain?
2. What is it about Stratonice that capture's Pompey's attention?
3. How is Pompey perceived throughout much of his life?
4. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
5. How does Pompey plan to enter Rome after his victory in Africa?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)