|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pompey living before joining Sulla's military effort?
2. How long does Cicero serve in the military?
(b) He does not serve in the military.
(d) An average amount of time.
3. What do the people fear when the senate session lasts longer than normal?
(a) That Caesar has been killed.
(b) That Caesar has been held.
(c) That Caesar has been exiled.
(d) That Caesar has been replaced.
4. Why do Caesar and Pompey hide their dislike for each other?
(a) They fear Crassus.
(b) They fear Marius.
(c) They fear each other.
(d) They fear the omens.
5. Whom does Caesar's daughter eventually marry?
6. Where is Cicero's country estate located?
7. What does Caesar do when he is captured by Sulla's men?
(a) He kills one of them and is released.
(b) He uses bribery to free himself.
(c) He tricks them into thinking Sulla has ordered his release.
(d) He escapes when they are not looking.
8. What does Caesar do when his generals fear attacking the Germans?
(a) He leads the army against the generals instead of the Germans.
(b) He threatens them until they agree to attack the Germans.
(c) He exiles them from Rome.
(d) He sends them home and leads the army himself.
9. Along with the dowry from his wife, what helps Cicero maintain his modest lifestyle?
(a) A large inheritance.
(b) A small inheritance.
(c) Money from the council officials who appreciate his work.
(d) Money from people who appreciate his work.
10. What does Cicero take the time to learn about everyone he meets?
(a) Their profession.
(b) Their financial situation.
(c) Their name.
(d) Their background.
11. What happens to Catiline after Cicero uncovers his plans?
(a) He is told to leave Rome.
(b) He is wounded while escaping the city.
(c) He is imprisoned.
(d) He is killed.
12. How is Sertorius killed?
(a) He is killed by Marius.
(b) He is killed by Caesar.
(c) He is killed by Pompey.
(d) He is assassinated by his own men.
13. What does Caesar use to build support for himself as a Roman leader?
(a) Contributions by the people of Rome.
(b) Pompey's money.
(c) Marius's money.
(d) The spoils of war.
14. Where is Caesar betrayed and murdered?
(a) On the senate floor.
(b) In the public square.
(c) Outside of the court building.
(d) At his house.
15. Where does Cicero serve as a priest before returning to Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pompey wait for before going to the aid of Metellus?
2. Where does Pompey face Sertorius?
3. What is Caesar known for during a battle?
4. What do some people fear after appointing Caesar the dictator of Rome for life?
5. Why does Sulla consider putting Caesar to death at such a young age?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)