|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much ransom does Caesar pay for his release from the pirates?
(a) Fifty talents.
(b) Thirty talents.
(c) Forty talents.
(d) Twenty talents.
2. What does Pompey do with Sertorius's letters after his death?
(a) Burns them after reading them.
(b) Throws them into the sea without reading them.
(c) Throws them into the sea after reading them.
(d) Burns them without reading them.
3. What does Caesar do for Cleopatra?
(a) He offers to relocate her to Rome.
(b) He arranges for her to take the throne with her brother.
(c) He gives her a small fortune.
(d) He gives her many rare jewels before leaving.
4. Where is Pompey living before joining Sulla's military effort?
5. Where does Pompey face Sertorius?
6. What does Cicero work as when he first returns to Rome?
(a) A farmer.
(b) An elected official.
(c) A speech writer.
(d) A lawyer.
7. Where does Cicero go when he is denied entrance into Sicily?
8. Why does Pompey refuse to help Cicero face Clodius?
(a) He is holding a grudge against Cicero.
(b) He agrees with Clodius.
(c) He does not have the resources to help.
(d) He is obeying Caesar's order.
9. What happens to Mithridates after Pompey defeats him?
(a) Mithridates attacks Pompey.
(b) Mithridates joins Pompey's army.
(c) Mithridates escapes.
(d) Mithridates pleads for his life.
10. Who argues against the death penalty for the conspirators who plan to kill the senators?
11. What does Cicero do after retiring from public life?
(a) He entertains people with his speeches.
(b) He farms.
(c) He visits relatives.
(d) He writes.
12. What age is Pompey when he is killed?
(b) Sixty five.
(c) Fifty five.
13. What does Sulla think Pompey has done with regard to his enemy, Lepidus?
(a) Intimidated him.
(b) Helped him become too powerful.
(c) Alerted him to Sulla's plans.
(d) Caused him to lose power.
14. What does Pompey do after defeating the revolt, led by Brutus?
(a) He exiles Brutus from Rome.
(b) He imprisons Brutus.
(c) He kills Brutus.
(d) He lets Brutus go.
15. When does Cicero return to Rome?
(a) Two days before the civil war.
(b) On the eve of the civil war.
(c) Two days after the civil war.
(d) On the day after the civil war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vergentorix, the commander of the Gaul forces, surrender?
2. What is Caesar known for during a battle?
3. Whom does the young Caesar eventually take on as his colleague?
4. What does Terentia, Cicero's wife, do to cause their divorce?
5. What does Caesar do upon being declared the dictator of Rome?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)