|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose dream warns Caesar of his fate?
2. What does Cicero take the time to learn about everyone he meets?
(a) Their name.
(b) Their profession.
(c) Their background.
(d) Their financial situation.
3. What happens when young Caesar arrives in Rome?
(a) Cicero initially befriends him.
(b) Cicero initially ignores him.
(c) Cicero initially plans to move from Rome to avoid him.
(d) Cicero initially tries to stop his plans for power.
4. What does Cato do to diminish the effects of Caesar's growing popularity?
(a) He offers the people additional corn.
(b) He increases the amount of livestock the people have.
(c) He offers the people additional grain.
(d) He increases the people's wages.
5. What is it about Stratonice that capture's Pompey's attention?
(a) Her singing voice.
(b) Her shyness.
(c) Her harp playing.
(d) Her sense of humor.
6. What does Cicero's name mean?
(c) Chick pea.
7. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
(a) He moves him to live closer to Stratonice.
(b) He bestows a fortune to him.
(c) He bestows a medal of honor to him.
(d) He allows him to join the army.
8. What does Caesar give to the troops before returning them to Pompey?
(a) A monetary gift.
9. What happens to Mithridates after Pompey defeats him?
(a) Mithridates attacks Pompey.
(b) Mithridates joins Pompey's army.
(c) Mithridates pleads for his life.
(d) Mithridates escapes.
10. How is Sertorius killed?
(a) He is killed by Pompey.
(b) He is killed by Marius.
(c) He is assassinated by his own men.
(d) He is killed by Caesar.
11. Why do Caesar and Pompey hide their dislike for each other?
(a) They fear the omens.
(b) They fear each other.
(c) They fear Crassus.
(d) They fear Marius.
12. What does the younger Caesar say about Cicero years after his death?
(a) He was a brave man.
(b) He was an honest man.
(c) He was a learned man.
(d) He was a traveled man.
13. What does Caesar do upon being declared the dictator of Rome?
(a) He gives the people their rights back.
(b) He gives the people money.
(c) He gives the people more livestock.
(d) He gives the people more land.
14. Who supports the law to give Pompey increased powers to fight the pirates?
(a) The man of the equestrian order.
15. What does Terentia, Cicero's wife, do to cause their divorce?
(a) She has an affair.
(b) She takes the valuables from his house.
(c) She is exiled from the city for her associations.
(d) She tries to have Cicero arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sulla think Pompey has done with regard to his enemy, Lepidus?
2. What plan of Catiline's does Cicero stop?
3. What does Caesar do to the pirates when he eventually captures them?
4. What happens to Catiline after Cicero uncovers his plans?
5. What does Pompey do with Sertorius's letters after his death?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)