|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cicero serve as a priest before returning to Rome?
2. How educated is Cicero?
(a) He is educated a little.
(b) His has an average education.
(c) He is very educated.
(d) He is not educated at all.
3. What does Terentia, Cicero's wife, do to cause their divorce?
(a) She is exiled from the city for her associations.
(b) She takes the valuables from his house.
(c) She tries to have Cicero arrested.
(d) She has an affair.
4. What does Pompey do after defeating the revolt, led by Brutus?
(a) He kills Brutus.
(b) He imprisons Brutus.
(c) He exiles Brutus from Rome.
(d) He lets Brutus go.
5. Where does Pompey face Sertorius?
6. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
(a) He bestows a medal of honor to him.
(b) He moves him to live closer to Stratonice.
(c) He bestows a fortune to him.
(d) He allows him to join the army.
7. Whom does Caesar pit the people against when he is in office?
(a) The nobles.
(d) The military.
8. How many men does Caesar have when he returns to free Cicero from the siege of a Gaul uprising?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Five thousand.
(c) Nine thousand.
(d) Seven thousand.
9. Who objects when Caesar attempts to use the treasury's money to fund a war?
10. How is Pompey perceived throughout much of his life?
(a) As a vengeful man.
(b) As a fearful man.
(c) As a generous man.
(d) As a greedy man.
11. What does Pompey do with Sertorius's letters after his death?
(a) Burns them after reading them.
(b) Throws them into the sea without reading them.
(c) Burns them without reading them.
(d) Throws them into the sea after reading them.
12. What age is Cicero when he is killed?
(a) Fifty Four.
(b) Sixty Four.
(c) Seventy Four.
(d) Eighty Four.
13. Who argues against the death penalty for the conspirators who plan to kill the senators?
14. What does Caesar do when his generals fear attacking the Germans?
(a) He exiles them from Rome.
(b) He leads the army against the generals instead of the Germans.
(c) He threatens them until they agree to attack the Germans.
(d) He sends them home and leads the army himself.
15. How many months is it before Cicero is asked to return to Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Lepidus to die?
2. What is Caesar known for during a battle?
3. What city do Caesar and his men take over on their way to face Pompey?
4. What is it about Stratonice that capture's Pompey's attention?
5. What is Cicero's reputation as praetor?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)