|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along with the dowry from his wife, what helps Cicero maintain his modest lifestyle?
(a) Money from the council officials who appreciate his work.
(b) A large inheritance.
(c) Money from people who appreciate his work.
(d) A small inheritance.
2. What does Cicero's name mean?
(a) Chick pea.
3. What is it about Stratonice that capture's Pompey's attention?
(a) Her sense of humor.
(b) Her harp playing.
(c) Her singing voice.
(d) Her shyness.
4. Where is Caesar betrayed and murdered?
(a) In the public square.
(b) At his house.
(c) On the senate floor.
(d) Outside of the court building.
5. Where does Pompey face Sertorius?
6. What is Pompey known for occasionally doing with captured nobles?
(a) Convincing them to join his army.
(b) Beheading them.
(c) Allowing them to escape.
(d) Burning them.
7. Which city does Pompey help rebuild on his way home to Rome?
8. What is Cicero primarily known for?
(a) Being in the military.
(b) Being married into a noteworthy family.
(c) Being an ally to all of Rome's consuls.
(d) Being an orator and a poet.
9. Upon returning to Italy, how does Pompey divorce his wife before marrying Julia, Caesar's daughter?
(a) He tells her in private.
(b) He tells her publicly.
(c) Through a messenger.
(d) Through a letter.
10. What age is Cicero when he is killed?
(a) Seventy Four.
(b) Sixty Four.
(c) Eighty Four.
(d) Fifty Four.
11. Why does Caesar divorce his second wife?
(a) He is accused of having an affair.
(b) She is accused of having an affair.
(c) She disagrees with his political ambitions.
(d) He does not have the time to sustain the marriage.
12. How long does Cicero serve in the military?
(a) He does not serve in the military.
(c) An average amount of time.
13. Why does Pompey want to avoid fighting Caesar?
(a) He is afraid of Caesar.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) Bad omens.
(d) He has less troops than Caesar.
14. What plan of Catiline's does Cicero stop?
(a) A plan to prevent Pompey from returning.
(b) A plan to stop Cicero from being the praetor.
(c) A plan to stop the election.
(d) A plan to keep Sulla in control.
15. Whose dream warns Caesar of his fate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar do when he is captured by Sulla's men?
2. What does Caesar give to the troops before returning them to Pompey?
3. How long does it take Pompey to win the war in Africa?
4. What does Pompey do with Sertorius's letters after his death?
5. Who pays Caesar's debt when he is stopped on his way to Spain?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)