|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Clodius while Cicero is away?
(a) He is prosecuted.
(b) He is exiled.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He is killed.
2. What causes Cicero's second divorce?
(a) His wife's unfaithfulness.
(b) His daughter's death.
(c) His time away from home.
(d) His return to public office.
3. Where does Cicero serve as a priest before returning to Rome?
4. What plan of Catiline's does Cicero stop?
(a) A plan to stop the election.
(b) A plan to keep Sulla in control.
(c) A plan to prevent Pompey from returning.
(d) A plan to stop Cicero from being the praetor.
5. When does Cicero return to Rome?
(a) Two days after the civil war.
(b) On the eve of the civil war.
(c) Two days before the civil war.
(d) On the day after the civil war.
6. What does Caesar give to the troops before returning them to Pompey?
(b) A monetary gift.
7. Whose dream warns Caesar of his fate?
8. Where is Pompey living before joining Sulla's military effort?
9. How many people join Cicero's appeal to the city when he is called upon to defend the death penalty imposed on Catiline's men?
(a) About twenty thousand.
(b) About ten thousand.
(c) About five thousand.
(d) About thirty thousand.
10. What does Sulla think Pompey has done with regard to his enemy, Lepidus?
(a) Caused him to lose power.
(b) Helped him become too powerful.
(c) Alerted him to Sulla's plans.
(d) Intimidated him.
11. How many men does Caesar have when he returns to free Cicero from the siege of a Gaul uprising?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Nine thousand.
(c) Five thousand.
(d) Seven thousand.
12. What age is Pompey when he is killed?
(b) Sixty five.
(d) Fifty five.
13. What does Cicero's name mean?
(a) Chick pea.
14. Who objects when Caesar attempts to use the treasury's money to fund a war?
15. What does Caesar do when he is captured by Sulla's men?
(a) He escapes when they are not looking.
(b) He tricks them into thinking Sulla has ordered his release.
(c) He kills one of them and is released.
(d) He uses bribery to free himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pompey want to avoid fighting Caesar?
2. What does Caesar do when his generals fear attacking the Germans?
3. What is Cicero primarily known for?
4. What happens to Catiline after Cicero uncovers his plans?
5. What does Pompey insist upon Sulla's death?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)