|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personality does Crassus have?
(a) He is vengeful.
(b) He is arrogant.
(c) He is well mannered.
(d) He is short tempered.
2. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
3. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Leave Rome.
(b) Divorce his wife.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Leave the military.
4. How many brothers did Crassus have?
5. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His death.
(b) His marriage.
(c) His wars.
(d) His childhood.
6. How does Crassus often loan money?
(a) With excessive interest, and he always requires payment.
(b) With interest, but he never requires payment.
(c) Without interest, but he always requires payment.
(d) With excessive interest, but he never requires payment.
7. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
(a) He was killed by Sulla.
(b) He became delusional.
(c) He died in his bed after reflecting on his life.
(d) He had pleurisy.
8. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
9. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He sues for peace.
(b) He surrenders.
(c) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(d) He defeats Sulla.
10. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(c) A relative.
(d) A soothsayer.
11. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) The people's urging.
(b) A compliment from Caesar.
(c) The consul's urging.
(d) A compliment from Scipio.
12. How often does Vibius send food to Crassus after learning of his escape from Rome?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Every day.
(d) Once a week.
13. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) He is waiting for reinforcements.
(b) His men are too tired.
(c) Heavy rain.
(d) Heavy winds.
14. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of metal.
(b) A piece of dirt.
(c) A piece of broken wood.
(d) A piece of wool.
15. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
(a) He is severely wounded.
(b) An illness.
(c) He becomes confused.
(d) The loss of his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
2. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
3. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
4. How does Mummius respond to Crassus's instructions against the Spartans at the arc?
5. How is Crassus killed?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)