|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Five Thousand.
(b) Three thousand.
(c) Eight Thousand.
(d) Six thousand.
2. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
(a) He executes some of his own men.
(b) He hands over some of his men to the Spartans.
(c) He forces some of his men to go into the next battle unarmed.
(d) He banishes some of his men from the military.
3. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
(a) They become outnumbered.
(b) They become tired.
(c) They become over confident.
(d) They refuse to fight.
4. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of wool.
(b) A piece of dirt.
(c) A piece of metal.
(d) A piece of broken wood.
5. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
(a) He is exiled.
(b) He is given a political position.
(c) He is allowed to fight in the military.
(d) He is thrown to his death.
6. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
(a) He died in his bed after reflecting on his life.
(b) He had pleurisy.
(c) He was killed by Sulla.
(d) He became delusional.
7. According to Onatius Aurelius's vision, who orders that Crassus and Pompey should become friends?
8. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
9. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
(a) The death sentence of Jugurtha.
(b) The death sentence of Marius and Sulpicius.
(c) The increase in the size of the military.
(d) The elimination of the military.
10. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
(a) He alerts the Parthians.
(b) He bribes several of Crassus's men to betray him.
(c) He tries to set up a decoy for the Parthians.
(d) He offers money to Crassus for the trip.
11. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
(b) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(c) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
(d) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
12. How does Crassus often loan money?
(a) Without interest, but he always requires payment.
(b) With excessive interest, and he always requires payment.
(c) With interest, but he never requires payment.
(d) With excessive interest, but he never requires payment.
13. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) They refused to fight against Marius.
(b) They included people from various countries.
(c) They included women and children.
(d) They did not represent a political state.
14. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
(a) One year.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
15. What causes Sulla's death?
(a) He suffers a heart attack during battle.
(b) He is killed by an enemy.
(d) An ulcer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
2. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
3. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
4. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
5. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)