|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
(a) The loss of his son.
(b) He is severely wounded.
(c) An illness.
(d) He becomes confused.
2. Who is killed when Marius and Cinna take over Rome?
(a) Crassus's uncle and cousin.
(b) Crassus's friend.
(c) Crassus's father and brother.
(d) Crassus's entire family.
3. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
(a) He was following the town council's instructions.
(b) He was following the priests' instructions.
(c) He was following Metella's family's instructions.
(d) He was following Metella's instructions.
4. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
(a) A relative of Caesar.
(b) A relative of Marius.
(c) A relative of Jugurtha.
(d) A relative of Sulla.
5. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(b) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
(c) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(d) He stops all outside trade agreements.
6. How was Marius raised?
(a) To the ancient Roman standards.
(b) To the modern Roman standards.
(c) Against the ancient Roman standards.
(d) With no specific standards.
7. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
8. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
9. How is Crassus killed?
(a) He becomes ill and never recovers.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is attacked by one of his own men.
(d) He is beheaded.
10. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He sues for peace.
(b) He defeats Sulla.
(c) He surrenders.
(d) He captures most of Sulla's men.
11. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
(a) He offers money to Crassus for the trip.
(b) He bribes several of Crassus's men to betray him.
(c) He alerts the Parthians.
(d) He tries to set up a decoy for the Parthians.
12. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
13. What is Turpillius's fate?
(a) He is sentenced to death.
(b) He is released to Marius's responsibility.
(c) He is released to Metellus's responsibility.
(d) He is exiled.
14. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy winds.
(b) His men are too tired.
(c) Heavy rain.
(d) He is waiting for reinforcements.
15. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
(a) They become over confident.
(b) They become outnumbered.
(c) They become tired.
(d) They refuse to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
2. Where does Crassus remain briefly after his stay at Malaca?
3. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
4. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
5. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)