|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
2. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
(a) He offers money to Crassus for the trip.
(b) He bribes several of Crassus's men to betray him.
(c) He tries to set up a decoy for the Parthians.
(d) He alerts the Parthians.
3. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) Marius's war skills.
(b) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
(c) The number of children Marius had.
(d) Marius's education.
4. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(b) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(c) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
(d) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
5. What is Crassus counting on as he proceeds to face the enemy troops in Syria?
(a) The size of his military.
(b) The size of the enemy's military.
(c) Information from Ariamnes.
(d) Weapons from Ariamnes.
6. How was Marius raised?
(a) To the modern Roman standards.
(b) To the ancient Roman standards.
(c) With no specific standards.
(d) Against the ancient Roman standards.
7. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
(a) He hands over some of his men to the Spartans.
(b) He banishes some of his men from the military.
(c) He executes some of his own men.
(d) He forces some of his men to go into the next battle unarmed.
8. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
9. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(c) St. Etienne.
10. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
(a) A reason.
(c) Extra food.
(d) An escort.
11. How often does Vibius send food to Crassus after learning of his escape from Rome?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every day.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Every other day.
12. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is not aware of it.
(d) He is confused.
13. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
(a) He is the first to be attacked by the Parthians.
(b) He is the first to be made the general of the Parthians' army.
(c) He is the first to be approached by the Parthians for an alliance.
(d) He is the first to be captured and released by the Parthians.
14. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Leave Rome.
(c) Leave the military.
(d) Divorce his wife.
15. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
(a) Marius's house.
(b) Caesar's house.
(c) Jugurtha's house.
(d) His own house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Sulla's death?
2. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
3. What personality does Crassus have?
4. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
5. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)