|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is not aware of it.
2. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) His men are too tired.
(c) He is waiting for reinforcements.
(d) Heavy winds.
3. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
4. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
(a) He kills one of them as an example.
(b) He threatens them.
(c) He subjects them to manual labor.
(d) He belittles them repeatedly.
5. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(b) She is captured by one of his enemies.
(c) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(d) She becomes ill.
6. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
(a) He is the first to be captured and released by the Parthians.
(b) He is the first to be attacked by the Parthians.
(c) He is the first to be made the general of the Parthians' army.
(d) He is the first to be approached by the Parthians for an alliance.
7. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) The consul's urging.
(b) The people's urging.
(c) A compliment from Caesar.
(d) A compliment from Scipio.
8. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Divorce his wife.
(b) Leave the military.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Leave Rome.
9. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
10. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
(a) They refuse to fight.
(b) They become tired.
(c) They become outnumbered.
(d) They become over confident.
11. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
(a) He is trying to protect Marius.
(b) He needs Marius to help him with the war.
(c) He and Marius are bitter enemies.
(d) He is supporting another candidate for the consulate.
12. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He defeats Sulla.
(b) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(c) He sues for peace.
(d) He surrenders.
13. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) They included women and children.
(b) They included people from various countries.
(c) They did not represent a political state.
(d) They refused to fight against Marius.
14. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Mass distribution of corn.
(b) Mass distribution of wheat.
(c) Limited distribution of corn.
(d) Limited distribution of wheat.
15. How does Mummius respond to Crassus's instructions against the Spartans at the arc?
(a) He disobeys them.
(b) He obeys them.
(c) He is confused by them.
(d) He does not learn of them until after the battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed when Marius and Cinna take over Rome?
2. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
3. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
4. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
5. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)