|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
(a) He is not aware of it.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is confused.
2. What decree does Sulla make when he controls Rome?
(a) That he is doubling the size of the military.
(b) That his past acts are exonerated.
(c) The he is reducing the size of the military.
(d) That his relatives' past acts are exonerated.
3. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
(a) He was following the town council's instructions.
(b) He was following Metella's instructions.
(c) He was following Metella's family's instructions.
(d) He was following the priests' instructions.
4. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
5. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) He is waiting for reinforcements.
(c) Heavy winds.
(d) His men are too tired.
6. How many brothers did Crassus have?
7. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Leave the military.
(b) Leave Rome.
(c) Divorce his wife.
(d) Commit suicide.
8. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
9. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She becomes ill.
(b) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(c) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(d) She is captured by one of his enemies.
10. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
11. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
(a) The loss of his son.
(b) An illness.
(c) He becomes confused.
(d) He is severely wounded.
12. What is Turpillius's fate?
(a) He is sentenced to death.
(b) He is released to Metellus's responsibility.
(c) He is released to Marius's responsibility.
(d) He is exiled.
13. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(b) San Michele.
14. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He withdraws from the race.
(b) He ties with his opponent.
(c) He wins it.
(d) He loses it.
15. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
(a) A relative of Jugurtha.
(b) A relative of Marius.
(c) A relative of Sulla.
(d) A relative of Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crassus's biggest vice?
2. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
3. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
4. How is Crassus killed?
5. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)