|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
(a) Seven years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
2. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Eight Thousand.
(b) Five Thousand.
(c) Six thousand.
(d) Three thousand.
3. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) To join Africa.
(b) To destroy Rome.
(c) To destroy Africa.
(d) To befriend the Romans.
4. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) Marius's war skills.
(b) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
(c) Marius's education.
(d) The number of children Marius had.
5. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
(a) He is exiled.
(b) He is allowed to fight in the military.
(c) He is given a political position.
(d) He is thrown to his death.
6. According to Onatius Aurelius's vision, who orders that Crassus and Pompey should become friends?
7. What is Turpillius's fate?
(a) He is exiled.
(b) He is released to Metellus's responsibility.
(c) He is released to Marius's responsibility.
(d) He is sentenced to death.
8. What type of mines does Crassus own?
(d) Silver, Gold, and Coal.
9. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) A relative.
10. Whom does Marius marry?
(a) Julia, the cousin of Caesar.
(b) Julia, the aunt of Caesar.
(c) Maria, the cousin of Caesar.
(d) Maria, the aunt of Caesar.
11. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) Sulla kills him.
(c) He is captured by Sulla.
(d) He is exiled from the camp.
12. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
(a) The opposition's inability to be present for the day of the voting.
(b) An assassination attempt on the opposition.
(c) The opposition withdraws from the race the day before voting.
(d) The opposition's poor campaign platform.
13. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) They included people from various countries.
(b) They refused to fight against Marius.
(c) They included women and children.
(d) They did not represent a political state.
14. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
15. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crassus's biggest vice?
2. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
3. What personality does Crassus have?
4. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
5. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)