Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Seven years.
2. What is Marius's statue made out of?
3. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
(a) A civilized province.
(b) A major supplier of food for Rome.
(c) An uncivilized province.
(d) A major ally to Rome.
4. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(b) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(c) Invade Asia.
(d) Invade Athens.
5. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
(a) He is the first to be approached by the Parthians for an alliance.
(b) He is the first to be made the general of the Parthians' army.
(c) He is the first to be captured and released by the Parthians.
(d) He is the first to be attacked by the Parthians.
6. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
(a) He was following Metella's instructions.
(b) He was following the priests' instructions.
(c) He was following the town council's instructions.
(d) He was following Metella's family's instructions.
7. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
(a) They are looking for revenge.
(b) They escape from a cruel leader.
(c) They are attacked unjustly and defend themselves.
(d) They slowly build their soldiers.
8. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
9. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(a) A relative.
(d) A soothsayer.
10. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
(a) The war in the Rhone Alps.
(b) The war in Asia.
(c) The war in Hispania Ulterior.
(d) The war in Africa.
11. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
12. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
(a) He forces some of his men to go into the next battle unarmed.
(b) He banishes some of his men from the military.
(c) He hands over some of his men to the Spartans.
(d) He executes some of his own men.
13. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He sues for peace.
(b) He surrenders.
(c) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(d) He defeats Sulla.
14. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Eight Thousand.
(c) Five Thousand.
(d) Six thousand.
15. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
2. Where does Crassus remain briefly after his stay at Malaca?
3. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
4. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
5. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)