|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
2. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
(a) He threatens them.
(b) He subjects them to manual labor.
(c) He belittles them repeatedly.
(d) He kills one of them as an example.
3. How often does Vibius send food to Crassus after learning of his escape from Rome?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every day.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Twice a week.
4. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
(b) Bad omens.
(c) A lack of supplies.
(d) His conscience.
5. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
(a) He was following Metella's instructions.
(b) He was following Metella's family's instructions.
(c) He was following the town council's instructions.
(d) He was following the priests' instructions.
6. How does Crassus often loan money?
(a) With excessive interest, and he always requires payment.
(b) Without interest, but he always requires payment.
(c) With interest, but he never requires payment.
(d) With excessive interest, but he never requires payment.
7. What is Crassus's biggest vice?
8. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
(a) A list of men to be punished.
(b) A list of men to be exiled.
(c) A list of men he wants to serve with him.
(d) A list of men to be rewarded.
9. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
(a) He is allowed to fight in the military.
(b) He is exiled.
(c) He is given a political position.
(d) He is thrown to his death.
10. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Limited distribution of corn.
(b) Limited distribution of wheat.
(c) Mass distribution of corn.
(d) Mass distribution of wheat.
11. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
12. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) A compliment from Caesar.
(b) The people's urging.
(c) A compliment from Scipio.
(d) The consul's urging.
13. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) A relative.
14. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
15. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
2. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
3. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
4. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
5. What causes Sulla's death?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)