|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He ties with his opponent.
(b) He wins it.
(c) He loses it.
(d) He withdraws from the race.
2. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
(a) The cold water cures.
(b) The hot wine cures.
(c) The hot water cures.
(d) The cold wine cures.
3. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
(a) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla rejects.
(b) They raise money for the war, which Sulla accepts.
(c) They raise money for the war, which Sulla refuses.
(d) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla accepts.
4. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
5. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
(a) He was killed by Sulla.
(b) He died in his bed after reflecting on his life.
(c) He became delusional.
(d) He had pleurisy.
6. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(b) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
(c) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(d) He stops all outside trade agreements.
7. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
8. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
9. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
(a) He was separated from his family during his childhood.
(b) He never knew his family until later in his life.
(c) Family was a big part of his childhood.
(d) Family was a small part of his childhood.
10. What personality does Crassus have?
(a) He is arrogant.
(b) He is vengeful.
(c) He is well mannered.
(d) He is short tempered.
11. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(b) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(c) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(d) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
12. How often does Vibius send food to Crassus after learning of his escape from Rome?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every day.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Every other day.
13. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
14. According to Onatius Aurelius's vision, who orders that Crassus and Pompey should become friends?
15. How is Crassus killed?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He is attacked by one of his own men.
(c) He becomes ill and never recovers.
(d) He is beheaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
2. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
3. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
4. What type of mines does Crassus own?
5. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)