|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Limited distribution of corn.
(b) Mass distribution of wheat.
(c) Mass distribution of corn.
(d) Limited distribution of wheat.
2. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of wool.
(b) A piece of dirt.
(c) A piece of metal.
(d) A piece of broken wood.
3. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
(a) Bad omens.
(b) His conscience.
(d) A lack of supplies.
4. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His wars.
(b) His death.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His childhood.
5. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
(a) He is supporting another candidate for the consulate.
(b) He needs Marius to help him with the war.
(c) He and Marius are bitter enemies.
(d) He is trying to protect Marius.
6. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
7. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
(a) He tries to set up a decoy for the Parthians.
(b) He alerts the Parthians.
(c) He offers money to Crassus for the trip.
(d) He bribes several of Crassus's men to betray him.
8. What is Marius's statue made out of?
9. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
10. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
(b) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(c) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(d) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
11. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
(a) The opposition's inability to be present for the day of the voting.
(b) The opposition withdraws from the race the day before voting.
(c) An assassination attempt on the opposition.
(d) The opposition's poor campaign platform.
12. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Five years.
13. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
(a) An illness.
(b) He is severely wounded.
(c) He becomes confused.
(d) The loss of his son.
14. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
15. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
2. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
3. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
4. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
5. How is Crassus killed?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)