|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
(a) Extra food.
(c) An escort.
(d) A reason.
2. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
3. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He wins it.
(b) He loses it.
(c) He ties with his opponent.
(d) He withdraws from the race.
4. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(b) He defeats Sulla.
(c) He sues for peace.
(d) He surrenders.
5. At what age is Sulla appointed consul?
6. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
(a) He and Marius are bitter enemies.
(b) He is supporting another candidate for the consulate.
(c) He is trying to protect Marius.
(d) He needs Marius to help him with the war.
7. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Limited distribution of wheat.
(b) Limited distribution of corn.
(c) Mass distribution of corn.
(d) Mass distribution of wheat.
8. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of dirt.
(b) A piece of wool.
(c) A piece of metal.
(d) A piece of broken wood.
9. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
(a) He is given a political position.
(b) He is allowed to fight in the military.
(c) He is thrown to his death.
(d) He is exiled.
10. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Five Thousand.
(b) Three thousand.
(c) Six thousand.
(d) Eight Thousand.
11. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
(a) He is captured by Sulla.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He is exiled from the camp.
(d) Sulla kills him.
12. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
(a) He was separated from his family during his childhood.
(b) Family was a small part of his childhood.
(c) Family was a big part of his childhood.
(d) He never knew his family until later in his life.
13. What type of mines does Crassus own?
(d) Silver, Gold, and Coal.
14. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
(a) The Cimbri.
(b) The Celtiberians.
(d) The Tuetones.
15. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
(a) He hands over some of his men to the Spartans.
(b) He banishes some of his men from the military.
(c) He forces some of his men to go into the next battle unarmed.
(d) He executes some of his own men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
2. What does Crassus ignore during his first winter in Syria?
3. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
4. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
5. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)