|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
2. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
(a) He becomes confused.
(b) The loss of his son.
(c) An illness.
(d) He is severely wounded.
3. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
4. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
5. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
(a) Marius's death.
(b) His father's death.
(c) Vibius's death.
(d) Cinna's death.
6. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
7. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He surrenders.
(b) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(c) He defeats Sulla.
(d) He sues for peace.
8. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
(a) They are looking for revenge.
(b) They escape from a cruel leader.
(c) They slowly build their soldiers.
(d) They are attacked unjustly and defend themselves.
9. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
10. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
11. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
(a) He offers money to Crassus for the trip.
(b) He bribes several of Crassus's men to betray him.
(c) He alerts the Parthians.
(d) He tries to set up a decoy for the Parthians.
12. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Five Thousand.
(b) Eight Thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Six thousand.
13. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(d) St. Etienne.
14. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) Heavy winds.
(c) His men are too tired.
(d) He is waiting for reinforcements.
15. What is Turpillius's fate?
(a) He is exiled.
(b) He is released to Marius's responsibility.
(c) He is sentenced to death.
(d) He is released to Metellus's responsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
2. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
3. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
4. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
5. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)