|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
(a) He alerts the Parthians.
(b) He tries to set up a decoy for the Parthians.
(c) He offers money to Crassus for the trip.
(d) He bribes several of Crassus's men to betray him.
2. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is not aware of it.
(d) He is angry.
3. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) A compliment from Caesar.
(b) A compliment from Scipio.
(c) The people's urging.
(d) The consul's urging.
4. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
5. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He defeats Sulla.
(b) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(c) He sues for peace.
(d) He surrenders.
6. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
7. How was Marius raised?
(a) Against the ancient Roman standards.
(b) To the modern Roman standards.
(c) To the ancient Roman standards.
(d) With no specific standards.
8. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
(a) A lack of supplies.
(b) His conscience.
(d) Bad omens.
9. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
(a) They escape from a cruel leader.
(b) They slowly build their soldiers.
(c) They are attacked unjustly and defend themselves.
(d) They are looking for revenge.
10. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
(a) Through force.
(b) Through bribes.
(c) Through his own voluntary action.
(d) Through deception.
11. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
(a) Marius's death.
(b) His father's death.
(c) Cinna's death.
(d) Vibius's death.
12. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) Sulla kills him.
(c) He is captured by Sulla.
(d) He is exiled from the camp.
13. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(b) He stops all outside trade agreements.
(c) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(d) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
14. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
15. How is Crassus killed?
(a) He becomes ill and never recovers.
(b) He is beheaded.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He is attacked by one of his own men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
2. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
3. What language did Marius speak very little of?
4. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
5. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)