|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Sulla's death?
(b) He is killed by an enemy.
(c) He suffers a heart attack during battle.
(d) An ulcer.
2. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
(a) The opposition withdraws from the race the day before voting.
(b) The opposition's inability to be present for the day of the voting.
(c) The opposition's poor campaign platform.
(d) An assassination attempt on the opposition.
3. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
4. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
(a) Family was a big part of his childhood.
(b) Family was a small part of his childhood.
(c) He never knew his family until later in his life.
(d) He was separated from his family during his childhood.
5. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) His men are too tired.
(b) Heavy rain.
(c) Heavy winds.
(d) He is waiting for reinforcements.
6. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
7. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
(a) Marius's house.
(b) Jugurtha's house.
(c) Caesar's house.
(d) His own house.
8. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
9. How does Crassus often loan money?
(a) Without interest, but he always requires payment.
(b) With excessive interest, but he never requires payment.
(c) With interest, but he never requires payment.
(d) With excessive interest, and he always requires payment.
10. Whom does Marius marry?
(a) Maria, the cousin of Caesar.
(b) Maria, the aunt of Caesar.
(c) Julia, the cousin of Caesar.
(d) Julia, the aunt of Caesar.
11. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Divorce his wife.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Leave the military.
(d) Leave Rome.
12. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
13. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Mass distribution of wheat.
(b) Limited distribution of corn.
(c) Mass distribution of corn.
(d) Limited distribution of wheat.
14. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
15. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of broken wood.
(b) A piece of metal.
(c) A piece of wool.
(d) A piece of dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Marius raised?
2. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
3. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
4. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
5. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)