|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of broken wood.
(b) A piece of dirt.
(c) A piece of wool.
(d) A piece of metal.
2. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) To destroy Rome.
(b) To destroy Africa.
(c) To join Africa.
(d) To befriend the Romans.
3. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
4. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(b) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(c) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
(d) He stops all outside trade agreements.
5. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
6. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
(a) He is trying to protect Marius.
(b) He needs Marius to help him with the war.
(c) He and Marius are bitter enemies.
(d) He is supporting another candidate for the consulate.
7. How is Crassus killed?
(a) He is beheaded.
(b) He is attacked by one of his own men.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He becomes ill and never recovers.
8. What is Marius's statue made out of?
9. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
(a) The hot water cures.
(b) The cold water cures.
(c) The hot wine cures.
(d) The cold wine cures.
10. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
11. What does Crassus ignore during his first winter in Syria?
(a) Business affairs.
(b) Training the troops.
(c) The enemy.
(d) His family.
12. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
(a) They become outnumbered.
(b) They become tired.
(c) They refuse to fight.
(d) They become over confident.
13. What language did Marius speak very little of?
14. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
15. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
(a) A lack of supplies.
(c) Bad omens.
(d) His conscience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
2. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
3. How does Mummius respond to Crassus's instructions against the Spartans at the arc?
4. What causes Sulla's death?
5. Who is killed when Marius and Cinna take over Rome?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)