|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Marius marry?
(a) Julia, the aunt of Caesar.
(b) Maria, the aunt of Caesar.
(c) Maria, the cousin of Caesar.
(d) Julia, the cousin of Caesar.
2. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
(a) A list of men to be exiled.
(b) A list of men to be rewarded.
(c) A list of men to be punished.
(d) A list of men he wants to serve with him.
3. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
(a) The war in Hispania Ulterior.
(b) The war in the Rhone Alps.
(c) The war in Africa.
(d) The war in Asia.
4. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(b) San Michele.
5. What does Crassus ignore during his first winter in Syria?
(a) Business affairs.
(b) His family.
(c) The enemy.
(d) Training the troops.
6. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
7. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
8. At what age is Sulla appointed consul?
9. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
(b) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(c) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(d) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
10. How many brothers did Crassus have?
11. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) Marius's war skills.
(b) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
(c) Marius's education.
(d) The number of children Marius had.
12. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
13. What type of mines does Crassus own?
(a) Silver, Gold, and Coal.
14. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(a) St. Etienne.
15. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
(a) A relative of Caesar.
(b) A relative of Marius.
(c) A relative of Sulla.
(d) A relative of Jugurtha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
2. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
3. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
4. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
5. What personality does Crassus have?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)