|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
(a) The elimination of the military.
(b) The increase in the size of the military.
(c) The death sentence of Marius and Sulpicius.
(d) The death sentence of Jugurtha.
2. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
(a) The opposition withdraws from the race the day before voting.
(b) The opposition's inability to be present for the day of the voting.
(c) An assassination attempt on the opposition.
(d) The opposition's poor campaign platform.
3. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
4. How many brothers did Crassus have?
5. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(b) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
(c) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
(d) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
6. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
7. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
(a) An illness.
(b) He is severely wounded.
(c) The loss of his son.
(d) He becomes confused.
8. Where does Crassus remain briefly after his stay at Malaca?
9. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
(a) The war in the Rhone Alps.
(b) The war in Africa.
(c) The war in Asia.
(d) The war in Hispania Ulterior.
10. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
11. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) Marius's war skills.
(b) Marius's education.
(c) The number of children Marius had.
(d) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
12. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
(a) He was separated from his family during his childhood.
(b) Family was a big part of his childhood.
(c) He never knew his family until later in his life.
(d) Family was a small part of his childhood.
13. How is Crassus killed?
(a) He becomes ill and never recovers.
(b) He is attacked by one of his own men.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He is beheaded.
14. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
(a) He is exiled.
(b) He is given a political position.
(c) He is thrown to his death.
(d) He is allowed to fight in the military.
15. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Limited distribution of wheat.
(b) Mass distribution of wheat.
(c) Mass distribution of corn.
(d) Limited distribution of corn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
2. What is Marius's statue made out of?
3. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
4. According to Onatius Aurelius's vision, who orders that Crassus and Pompey should become friends?
5. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)