|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
(a) The war in Africa.
(b) The war in Asia.
(c) The war in Hispania Ulterior.
(d) The war in the Rhone Alps.
2. How often does Vibius send food to Crassus after learning of his escape from Rome?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Every day.
3. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(b) Invade Asia.
(c) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(d) Invade Athens.
4. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His wars.
(c) His death.
(d) His marriage.
5. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Five Thousand.
(c) Six thousand.
(d) Eight Thousand.
6. Who is killed when Marius and Cinna take over Rome?
(a) Crassus's father and brother.
(b) Crassus's entire family.
(c) Crassus's friend.
(d) Crassus's uncle and cousin.
7. What language did Marius speak very little of?
8. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Divorce his wife.
(c) Leave the military.
(d) Leave Rome.
9. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
10. How many brothers did Crassus have?
11. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
(a) The hot water cures.
(b) The cold water cures.
(c) The hot wine cures.
(d) The cold wine cures.
12. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
13. What is Crassus's biggest vice?
14. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
(a) He was following Metella's family's instructions.
(b) He was following Metella's instructions.
(c) He was following the town council's instructions.
(d) He was following the priests' instructions.
15. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He defeats Sulla.
(b) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(c) He sues for peace.
(d) He surrenders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
2. How does Mummius respond to Crassus's instructions against the Spartans at the arc?
3. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
4. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
5. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)