Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapter 1, Marius
1. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
2. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
3. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
4. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
5. What is Marius's statue made out of?
6. How was Marius raised?
7. What language did Marius speak very little of?
8. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
9. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
10. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
11. What law...
This section contains 1,896 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)