|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Cicero.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
(a) He is severely wounded.
(b) He becomes confused.
(c) The loss of his son.
(d) An illness.
2. How much ransom does Caesar pay for his release from the pirates?
(a) Twenty talents.
(b) Forty talents.
(c) Fifty talents.
(d) Thirty talents.
3. What is Turpillius's fate?
(a) He is sentenced to death.
(b) He is exiled.
(c) He is released to Marius's responsibility.
(d) He is released to Metellus's responsibility.
4. What does Caesar do upon being declared the dictator of Rome?
(a) He gives the people more livestock.
(b) He gives the people more land.
(c) He gives the people their rights back.
(d) He gives the people money.
5. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Mass distribution of wheat.
(b) Mass distribution of corn.
(c) Limited distribution of wheat.
(d) Limited distribution of corn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
2. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
3. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
4. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
5. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)