|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Cicero.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pompey do with Sertorius's letters after his death?
(a) Burns them after reading them.
(b) Throws them into the sea after reading them.
(c) Throws them into the sea without reading them.
(d) Burns them without reading them.
2. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Five Thousand.
(c) Six thousand.
(d) Eight Thousand.
3. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
4. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(b) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(c) Invade Athens.
(d) Invade Asia.
5. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
(a) He tries to set up a decoy for the Parthians.
(b) He offers money to Crassus for the trip.
(c) He bribes several of Crassus's men to betray him.
(d) He alerts the Parthians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Pompey to be unrecognizable to a soldier, almost bringing about Pompey's death?
2. What type of mines does Crassus own?
3. What does Caesar do that many disagree with after his aunt, Julia, dies?
4. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
5. What does Caesar do to the pirates when he eventually captures them?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)