|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Cicero.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
(a) The Celtiberians.
(b) The Cimbri.
(c) The Tuetones.
2. Why does Sulla consider putting Caesar to death at such a young age?
(a) Caesar has already humiliated him in public.
(b) Caesar is the son of one of his rivals.
(c) He is following the advice of his advisers.
(d) He sees the potential for Caesar to rule Rome.
3. What does the younger Caesar say about Cicero years after his death?
(a) He was a learned man.
(b) He was a traveled man.
(c) He was an honest man.
(d) He was a brave man.
4. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
(a) Cinna's death.
(b) His father's death.
(c) Vibius's death.
(d) Marius's death.
5. Where does Crassus remain briefly after his stay at Malaca?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed when Marius and Cinna take over Rome?
2. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
3. What does Pompey do with Sertorius's letters after his death?
4. Who gives Pompey the nickname, "The Great"?
5. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)