|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Cicero.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Crassus killed?
(a) He becomes ill and never recovers.
(b) He is attacked by one of his own men.
(c) He is beheaded.
(d) He is poisoned.
2. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Leave Rome.
(b) Leave the military.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Divorce his wife.
3. Why is Cicero not involved with Caesar's murder?
(a) He is afraid of Caesar.
(b) The murderers do not think he will participate.
(c) He is away at the time of the murder.
(d) He would rather face Caesar alone than in an unfair attack.
4. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
5. How does Pompey plan to enter Rome after his victory in Africa?
(a) Carried by his soldiers.
(b) On horseback, leading his soldiers.
(c) On a chariot.
(d) On foot, leading his soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
2. Why do Caesar and Pompey hide their dislike for each other?
3. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
4. Why does Pompey refuse to help Cicero face Clodius?
5. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)