|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Cicero.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cicero occasionally do in order to garner glory?
(a) He risks his life to provide stories to tell.
(b) He magnifies his achievements.
(c) He takes the stories of others as his own.
(d) He associates with those who have accomplished great things.
2. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
(a) On the battlefield.
(b) In an execution by Marius.
(c) The dungeon.
(d) In exile.
3. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
(a) He belittles them repeatedly.
(b) He threatens them.
(c) He subjects them to manual labor.
(d) He kills one of them as an example.
4. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
(a) He is the first to be captured and released by the Parthians.
(b) He is the first to be attacked by the Parthians.
(c) He is the first to be made the general of the Parthians' army.
(d) He is the first to be approached by the Parthians for an alliance.
5. Why does Bibulus shut himself in his house at the end of his consul term?
(a) He is suffering from an illness.
(b) He is afraid they will discover his betrayal.
(c) He is afraid he will be exiled.
(d) He is afraid he will be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much ransom does Caesar pay for his release from the pirates?
2. What happens when Caesar and Pompey finally battle each other?
3. What language did Marius speak very little of?
4. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
5. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)