|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Cicero.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Crassus often loan money?
(a) With interest, but he never requires payment.
(b) Without interest, but he always requires payment.
(c) With excessive interest, and he always requires payment.
(d) With excessive interest, but he never requires payment.
2. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
(a) He bestows a medal of honor to him.
(b) He moves him to live closer to Stratonice.
(c) He bestows a fortune to him.
(d) He allows him to join the army.
3. What do some people fear after appointing Caesar the dictator of Rome for life?
(a) That there will be an attempt on his life.
(b) That he will not stay in Rome.
(c) That he will lose the influence he has.
(d) That he will not accept the title.
4. How many people join Cicero's appeal to the city when he is called upon to defend the death penalty imposed on Catiline's men?
(a) About ten thousand.
(b) About twenty thousand.
(c) About five thousand.
(d) About thirty thousand.
5. What does Cato do to diminish the effects of Caesar's growing popularity?
(a) He offers the people additional grain.
(b) He increases the amount of livestock the people have.
(c) He increases the people's wages.
(d) He offers the people additional corn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
2. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
3. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
4. What does Crassus ignore during his first winter in Syria?
5. What causes Cicero's second divorce?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)