|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Cicero.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Invade Athens.
(b) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(c) Invade Asia.
(d) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
2. Along with the dowry from his wife, what helps Cicero maintain his modest lifestyle?
(a) Money from people who appreciate his work.
(b) A large inheritance.
(c) A small inheritance.
(d) Money from the council officials who appreciate his work.
3. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
(a) A list of men to be punished.
(b) A list of men to be exiled.
(c) A list of men he wants to serve with him.
(d) A list of men to be rewarded.
4. What does Cicero's name mean?
(b) Chick pea.
5. Where does Cicero go when he is denied entrance into Sicily?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the younger Caesar say about Cicero years after his death?
2. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
3. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
4. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
5. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)