|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Cicero.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Crassus often loan money?
(a) Without interest, but he always requires payment.
(b) With interest, but he never requires payment.
(c) With excessive interest, but he never requires payment.
(d) With excessive interest, and he always requires payment.
2. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
3. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(b) He defeats Sulla.
(c) He surrenders.
(d) He sues for peace.
4. What is Cicero primarily known for?
(a) Being in the military.
(b) Being an orator and a poet.
(c) Being married into a noteworthy family.
(d) Being an ally to all of Rome's consuls.
5. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is not aware of it.
(d) He is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Onatius Aurelius's vision, who orders that Crassus and Pompey should become friends?
2. Who supports the law to give Pompey increased powers to fight the pirates?
3. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
4. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
5. What does Caesar use to build support for himself as a Roman leader?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)