|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Cicero.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
(a) The death sentence of Marius and Sulpicius.
(b) The increase in the size of the military.
(c) The elimination of the military.
(d) The death sentence of Jugurtha.
2. What reason does Considius give for his general lack of fear?
(a) His influence.
(b) His age.
(c) His knowledge.
(d) His previous accomplishments.
3. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
4. How was Marius raised?
(a) To the modern Roman standards.
(b) With no specific standards.
(c) Against the ancient Roman standards.
(d) To the ancient Roman standards.
5. What does Pompey do with Sertorius's letters after his death?
(a) Burns them after reading them.
(b) Burns them without reading them.
(c) Throws them into the sea without reading them.
(d) Throws them into the sea after reading them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pompey insist upon Sulla's death?
2. How does Vergentorix, the commander of the Gaul forces, surrender?
3. What is Pompey known for occasionally doing with captured nobles?
4. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
5. What city do Caesar and his men take over on their way to face Pompey?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)