|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city does Pompey help rebuild on his way home to Rome?
2. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
3. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) A compliment from Caesar.
(b) A compliment from Scipio.
(c) The consul's urging.
(d) The people's urging.
4. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
(a) An uncivilized province.
(b) A major ally to Rome.
(c) A major supplier of food for Rome.
(d) A civilized province.
5. Upon returning to Italy, how does Pompey divorce his wife before marrying Julia, Caesar's daughter?
(a) He tells her publicly.
(b) Through a letter.
(c) Through a messenger.
(d) He tells her in private.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Caesar's daughter eventually marry?
2. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
3. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
4. How was Marius raised?
5. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)