|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
2. What does Caesar use to build support for himself as a Roman leader?
(a) Contributions by the people of Rome.
(b) Pompey's money.
(c) The spoils of war.
(d) Marius's money.
3. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
(b) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(c) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(d) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
4. What city do Caesar and his men take over on their way to face Pompey?
5. How often does Vibius send food to Crassus after learning of his escape from Rome?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Every day.
(d) Once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
2. What is Turpillius's fate?
3. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
4. What does Pompey do after defeating the revolt, led by Brutus?
5. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)