|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did Marius speak very little of?
2. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
3. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
(a) Caesar accuses Sulla of buying his win.
(b) Caesar thinks that neither person should have been declared the winner.
(c) Caesar thinks that Sulla has won fairly.
(d) Caesar accuses Sulla's opponent of unfair tactics.
4. How was Marius raised?
(a) Against the ancient Roman standards.
(b) With no specific standards.
(c) To the ancient Roman standards.
(d) To the modern Roman standards.
5. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He wins it.
(b) He loses it.
(c) He withdraws from the race.
(d) He ties with his opponent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
2. How does Crassus often loan money?
3. What decree does Sulla make when he controls Rome?
4. What causes Pompey to be unrecognizable to a soldier, almost bringing about Pompey's death?
5. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)