|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) A compliment from Scipio.
(b) A compliment from Caesar.
(c) The people's urging.
(d) The consul's urging.
2. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
3. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Leave the military.
(b) Divorce his wife.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Leave Rome.
4. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
(a) On the battlefield.
(b) In an execution by Marius.
(c) The dungeon.
(d) In exile.
5. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
2. How does Plutarch compare Caesar's military career with Marius, Sulla, and Pompey's?
3. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
4. What is Marius's statue made out of?
5. What does Caesar do that many disagree with after his aunt, Julia, dies?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)