|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Pompey the nickname, "The Great"?
2. How much ransom does Caesar pay for his release from the pirates?
(a) Forty talents.
(b) Twenty talents.
(c) Fifty talents.
(d) Thirty talents.
3. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
(a) Caesar accuses Sulla's opponent of unfair tactics.
(b) Caesar thinks that neither person should have been declared the winner.
(c) Caesar accuses Sulla of buying his win.
(d) Caesar thinks that Sulla has won fairly.
4. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(a) St. Etienne.
5. How is Crassus killed?
(a) He is attacked by one of his own men.
(b) He becomes ill and never recovers.
(c) He is beheaded.
(d) He is poisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
2. Whom does Caesar pit the people against when he is in office?
3. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
4. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
5. What is it about Stratonice that capture's Pompey's attention?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)