|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city does Pompey help rebuild on his way home to Rome?
2. What does Caesar do upon being declared the dictator of Rome?
(a) He gives the people more land.
(b) He gives the people money.
(c) He gives the people more livestock.
(d) He gives the people their rights back.
3. Who is killed when Marius and Cinna take over Rome?
(a) Crassus's father and brother.
(b) Crassus's uncle and cousin.
(c) Crassus's entire family.
(d) Crassus's friend.
4. What does Caesar use to build support for himself as a Roman leader?
(a) Contributions by the people of Rome.
(b) The spoils of war.
(c) Marius's money.
(d) Pompey's money.
5. What causes Sulla's death?
(a) He is killed by an enemy.
(b) He suffers a heart attack during battle.
(c) An ulcer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose dream warns Caesar of his fate?
2. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
3. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
4. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
5. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)