|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city do Caesar and his men take over on their way to face Pompey?
2. How many men does Caesar have when he returns to free Cicero from the siege of a Gaul uprising?
(a) Nine thousand.
(b) Seven thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Five thousand.
3. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
(a) Through deception.
(b) Through bribes.
(c) Through his own voluntary action.
(d) Through force.
4. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
(a) They slowly build their soldiers.
(b) They are looking for revenge.
(c) They escape from a cruel leader.
(d) They are attacked unjustly and defend themselves.
5. Whom does Caesar pit the people against when he is in office?
(a) The military.
(b) The nobles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
2. Whose presence helps Pompey defeat Sertorius?
3. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
4. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
5. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)