|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pompey face Sertorius?
2. What causes Lepidus to die?
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) Pompey kills him.
(d) A letter detailing his wife's unfaithfulness.
3. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(b) He stops all outside trade agreements.
(c) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(d) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
4. What reason does Considius give for his general lack of fear?
(a) His age.
(b) His knowledge.
(c) His influence.
(d) His previous accomplishments.
5. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(b) A relative.
(c) A soothsayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pompey wait for before going to the aid of Metellus?
2. How does Plutarch compare Caesar's military career with Marius, Sulla, and Pompey's?
3. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
4. What causes Pompey to be unrecognizable to a soldier, almost bringing about Pompey's death?
5. What language did Marius speak very little of?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)