|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Pompey mentioned in Sulla's will?
(a) He is mentioned only briefly as a friend.
(b) He is awarded half of Sulla's possessions.
(c) He is not mentioned.
(d) He is awarded a small part of Sulla's possessions.
2. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
(a) He allows him to join the army.
(b) He bestows a fortune to him.
(c) He bestows a medal of honor to him.
(d) He moves him to live closer to Stratonice.
3. What causes Pompey to be unrecognizable to a soldier, almost bringing about Pompey's death?
(a) The darkness of night.
(b) The brightness of the sun.
(c) Heavy rain.
(d) Heavy snow.
4. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
(a) Caesar's house.
(b) Jugurtha's house.
(c) Marius's house.
(d) His own house.
5. How is Pompey's father, Strabo, generally considered?
(a) He is envied.
(b) He is feared.
(c) He is liked.
(d) He is hated.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
2. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
3. What is Marius's statue made out of?
4. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
5. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)