|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(c) St. Etienne.
2. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
(a) Family was a small part of his childhood.
(b) He never knew his family until later in his life.
(c) He was separated from his family during his childhood.
(d) Family was a big part of his childhood.
3. What do the people fear when the senate session lasts longer than normal?
(a) That Caesar has been replaced.
(b) That Caesar has been killed.
(c) That Caesar has been held.
(d) That Caesar has been exiled.
4. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(b) Three times.
(d) No times.
5. When must Pompey make his decision to befriend Crassus, according to the man of the equestrian order's vision?
(a) By the end of the month.
(b) Before Pompey and Crassus leave office.
(c) By the end of the year.
(d) After Pompey and Crassus leave office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
2. Whose presence helps Pompey defeat Sertorius?
3. What does Caesar do to the pirates when he eventually captures them?
4. How is Pompey perceived throughout much of his life?
5. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)