|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
(a) He was following Metella's instructions.
(b) He was following Metella's family's instructions.
(c) He was following the priests' instructions.
(d) He was following the town council's instructions.
2. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
(b) Marius's education.
(c) The number of children Marius had.
(d) Marius's war skills.
3. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His wars.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His death.
4. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(b) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(c) Invade Athens.
(d) Invade Asia.
5. What causes Sulla's death?
(a) He suffers a heart attack during battle.
(c) He is killed by an enemy.
(d) An ulcer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
2. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
3. At what age is Sulla appointed consul?
4. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
5. Where does Crassus remain briefly after his stay at Malaca?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)