|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mithridates after Pompey defeats him?
(a) Mithridates pleads for his life.
(b) Mithridates escapes.
(c) Mithridates attacks Pompey.
(d) Mithridates joins Pompey's army.
2. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
3. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) To destroy Rome.
(b) To destroy Africa.
(c) To join Africa.
(d) To befriend the Romans.
4. What happens when Caesar and Pompey finally battle each other?
(a) Caesar narrowly defeats Pompey.
(b) The two agree to a draw after a long battle.
(c) Pompey refuses to fight Caesar.
(d) Caesar thoroughly defeats Pompey.
5. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is not aware of it.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
2. At what age is Sulla appointed consul?
3. What does Pompey wait for before going to the aid of Metellus?
4. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
5. What causes Pompey to be unrecognizable to a soldier, almost bringing about Pompey's death?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)