|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
(a) A list of men he wants to serve with him.
(b) A list of men to be rewarded.
(c) A list of men to be exiled.
(d) A list of men to be punished.
2. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
(a) He died in his bed after reflecting on his life.
(b) He became delusional.
(c) He had pleurisy.
(d) He was killed by Sulla.
3. How does Mummius respond to Crassus's instructions against the Spartans at the arc?
(a) He obeys them.
(b) He is confused by them.
(c) He does not learn of them until after the battle.
(d) He disobeys them.
4. How much ransom does Caesar pay for his release from the pirates?
(a) Fifty talents.
(b) Forty talents.
(c) Thirty talents.
(d) Twenty talents.
5. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
2. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
3. What do the people fear when the senate session lasts longer than normal?
4. What does Caesar do when he is captured by Sulla's men?
5. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)