|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Three years.
2. What does Pompey do after defeating the revolt, led by Brutus?
(a) He imprisons Brutus.
(b) He exiles Brutus from Rome.
(c) He kills Brutus.
(d) He lets Brutus go.
3. What does Sulla think Pompey has done with regard to his enemy, Lepidus?
(a) Caused him to lose power.
(b) Helped him become too powerful.
(c) Intimidated him.
(d) Alerted him to Sulla's plans.
4. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He sues for peace.
(b) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(c) He surrenders.
(d) He defeats Sulla.
5. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) Marius's war skills.
(b) The number of children Marius had.
(c) Marius's education.
(d) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
2. What language did Marius speak very little of?
3. Why does Sulla consider putting Caesar to death at such a young age?
4. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
5. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)