|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Sulla's death?
(b) An ulcer.
(c) He suffers a heart attack during battle.
(d) He is killed by an enemy.
2. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
(a) The opposition withdraws from the race the day before voting.
(b) The opposition's poor campaign platform.
(c) An assassination attempt on the opposition.
(d) The opposition's inability to be present for the day of the voting.
3. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(c) Three times.
(d) No times.
4. What causes Pompey to be unrecognizable to a soldier, almost bringing about Pompey's death?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) The brightness of the sun.
(c) Heavy snow.
(d) The darkness of night.
5. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
(b) A reason.
(c) Extra food.
(d) An escort.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
2. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
3. What causes Lepidus to die?
4. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
5. Whose presence helps Pompey defeat Sertorius?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)