|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Seven years.
2. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
(b) The number of children Marius had.
(c) Marius's war skills.
(d) Marius's education.
3. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
4. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Six thousand.
(b) Eight Thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Five Thousand.
5. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(c) A soothsayer.
(d) A relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supports the law to give Pompey increased powers to fight the pirates?
2. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
3. How does Pompey plan to enter Rome after his victory in Africa?
4. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
5. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)