|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Pompey to win the war in Africa?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) Fifty days.
(c) Forty days.
(d) Sixty days.
2. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(b) St. Etienne.
3. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He loses it.
(b) He withdraws from the race.
(c) He ties with his opponent.
(d) He wins it.
4. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
(a) Vibius's death.
(b) His father's death.
(c) Marius's death.
(d) Cinna's death.
5. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
(a) Caesar's house.
(b) Jugurtha's house.
(c) Marius's house.
(d) His own house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
2. What does Pompey wait for before going to the aid of Metellus?
3. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
4. Whom does Marius marry?
5. What happens when Caesar and Pompey finally battle each other?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)