|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) Sulla kills him.
(c) He is exiled from the camp.
(d) He is captured by Sulla.
2. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(a) St. Etienne.
3. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Leave the military.
(c) Leave Rome.
(d) Divorce his wife.
4. How is Crassus killed?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He becomes ill and never recovers.
(c) He is attacked by one of his own men.
(d) He is beheaded.
5. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(b) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
(c) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(d) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sulla think Pompey has done with regard to his enemy, Lepidus?
2. What is Marius's statue made out of?
3. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
4. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
5. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)