|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Crassus killed?
(a) He becomes ill and never recovers.
(b) He is beheaded.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He is attacked by one of his own men.
2. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
3. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) The consul's urging.
(b) A compliment from Caesar.
(c) The people's urging.
(d) A compliment from Scipio.
4. What does Pompey do with Sertorius's letters after his death?
(a) Throws them into the sea after reading them.
(b) Burns them without reading them.
(c) Throws them into the sea without reading them.
(d) Burns them after reading them.
5. How is Sertorius killed?
(a) He is killed by Pompey.
(b) He is killed by Marius.
(c) He is killed by Caesar.
(d) He is assassinated by his own men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
2. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
3. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
4. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
5. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)