|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Mass distribution of wheat.
(b) Mass distribution of corn.
(c) Limited distribution of corn.
(d) Limited distribution of wheat.
2. Who supports the law to give Pompey increased powers to fight the pirates?
(a) The man of the equestrian order.
3. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(b) Invade Asia.
(c) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(d) Invade Athens.
4. What does Sulla think Pompey has done with regard to his enemy, Lepidus?
(a) Caused him to lose power.
(b) Alerted him to Sulla's plans.
(c) Intimidated him.
(d) Helped him become too powerful.
5. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
(a) A civilized province.
(b) An uncivilized province.
(c) A major supplier of food for Rome.
(d) A major ally to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cinna's disappearance lead some to believe?
2. How is Sertorius killed?
3. What is Turpillius's fate?
4. What leads to Mithridates' suicide?
5. Upon returning to Italy, how does Pompey divorce his wife before marrying Julia, Caesar's daughter?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)