|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
(a) The opposition's inability to be present for the day of the voting.
(b) An assassination attempt on the opposition.
(c) The opposition's poor campaign platform.
(d) The opposition withdraws from the race the day before voting.
2. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
(a) Through his own voluntary action.
(b) Through force.
(c) Through deception.
(d) Through bribes.
3. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
4. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
5. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) They did not represent a political state.
(b) They included people from various countries.
(c) They included women and children.
(d) They refused to fight against Marius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
2. Whose presence helps Pompey defeat Sertorius?
3. Who supports the law to give Pompey increased powers to fight the pirates?
4. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
5. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)