|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
(a) A list of men to be punished.
(b) A list of men he wants to serve with him.
(c) A list of men to be exiled.
(d) A list of men to be rewarded.
2. What happens when Caesar and Pompey finally battle each other?
(a) The two agree to a draw after a long battle.
(b) Caesar narrowly defeats Pompey.
(c) Caesar thoroughly defeats Pompey.
(d) Pompey refuses to fight Caesar.
3. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
4. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
(a) Caesar accuses Sulla's opponent of unfair tactics.
(b) Caesar thinks that Sulla has won fairly.
(c) Caesar accuses Sulla of buying his win.
(d) Caesar thinks that neither person should have been declared the winner.
5. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
(a) A relative of Sulla.
(b) A relative of Caesar.
(c) A relative of Jugurtha.
(d) A relative of Marius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
2. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
3. What does Pompey do with Sertorius's letters after his death?
4. How is Pompey mentioned in Sulla's will?
5. Which city does Pompey help rebuild on his way home to Rome?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)