|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
2. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
(a) He is thrown to his death.
(b) He is allowed to fight in the military.
(c) He is exiled.
(d) He is given a political position.
3. Who gives Pompey the nickname, "The Great"?
4. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
(a) They raise money for the war, which Sulla refuses.
(b) They raise money for the war, which Sulla accepts.
(c) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla accepts.
(d) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla rejects.
5. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He ties with his opponent.
(b) He loses it.
(c) He withdraws from the race.
(d) He wins it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
2. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
3. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
4. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
5. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)