|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
(a) The death sentence of Marius and Sulpicius.
(b) The death sentence of Jugurtha.
(c) The increase in the size of the military.
(d) The elimination of the military.
2. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
(a) Five years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
3. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
4. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His death.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His wars.
5. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
(a) Caesar thinks that neither person should have been declared the winner.
(b) Caesar thinks that Sulla has won fairly.
(c) Caesar accuses Sulla of buying his win.
(d) Caesar accuses Sulla's opponent of unfair tactics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Onatius Aurelius's vision, who orders that Crassus and Pompey should become friends?
2. How is Pompey perceived throughout much of his life?
3. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
4. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
5. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)