|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
(a) Cinna's death.
(b) Vibius's death.
(c) His father's death.
(d) Marius's death.
2. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
(a) He subjects them to manual labor.
(b) He belittles them repeatedly.
(c) He kills one of them as an example.
(d) He threatens them.
3. What causes Lepidus to die?
(b) A letter detailing his wife's unfaithfulness.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) Pompey kills him.
4. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
(a) He is the first to be approached by the Parthians for an alliance.
(b) He is the first to be made the general of the Parthians' army.
(c) He is the first to be attacked by the Parthians.
(d) He is the first to be captured and released by the Parthians.
5. What language did Marius speak very little of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
2. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
3. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
4. How does Crassus often loan money?
5. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)