|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Caesar and Pompey hide their dislike for each other?
(a) They fear the omens.
(b) They fear each other.
(c) They fear Crassus.
(d) They fear Marius.
2. Whose presence helps Pompey defeat Sertorius?
3. What does Cinna's disappearance lead some to believe?
(a) That Pompey killed Cinna.
(b) That Cinna is plotting an attack on Pompey.
(c) That Cinna fled in fear of Pompey.
(d) That Cinna has joined forces with Pompey.
4. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
(a) He banishes some of his men from the military.
(b) He forces some of his men to go into the next battle unarmed.
(c) He hands over some of his men to the Spartans.
(d) He executes some of his own men.
5. How is Sertorius killed?
(a) He is assassinated by his own men.
(b) He is killed by Pompey.
(c) He is killed by Marius.
(d) He is killed by Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
2. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
3. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
4. Where does Crassus remain briefly after his stay at Malaca?
5. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)