|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
2. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
3. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
(a) Plutarch misrepresents Marius's political skill.
(b) Plutarch writes too little of Marius's political skill.
(c) Plutarch writes too much of Marius's political skill.
(d) Plutarch omits Marius's political skill completely.
4. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
5. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
(a) The Cimbri.
(c) The Celtiberians.
(d) The Tuetones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
2. Where does Crassus remain briefly after his stay at Malaca?
3. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
4. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
5. How is Pompey mentioned in Sulla's will?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)